ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life My wife and I need your help. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=178975)

BigRedChief 03-12-2008 04:54 PM

So I moved to St. Louis during the week and you are now leaving? Jeeezzz am I that bad? You have to leave town?

Very cool. Congrats to the better half. Hope it all workls out for the better.

OnTheWarpath15 03-12-2008 05:42 PM

Thanks for all the congratualtions, guys.

FTR, we're not moving.

The company's Corporate HQ is in Dayton. Her final interview was with the Senior VP, who was originally supposed to come down here to meet with her. His schedule got jammed up, and he asked if she would be willing to come up, which of course was an obvious yes.

We even offered to drive to save them the money ($1300 to fly STL-Dayton on late notice?) without knowing the benefits. They paid all expenses, obviously, but paid us mileage as well. Wasn't expecting that, but at .50 per mile for a 850 mile RT, it was a pleasant surprise.....

As was the job offer, obviously.

:D

mikey23545 03-12-2008 05:53 PM

Outasight news, Warpath!

Congratulations to you and the Mrs.!

OnTheWarpath15 03-12-2008 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Monty (Post 4627291)
YES!!! PBJ PBJ PBJ

Wait....does this mean you're moving or staying put in St. Louis?

Also, does this mean you may travel in June for some event that month? :D

I'm really glad to see that Sal landed a job!! :thumb:

Yeah, there's something going on in June we're doing, but I can't remember what.

Is Phil having another BBQ?

Buehler445 03-12-2008 06:33 PM

Hey man congrats! Hopefully this is a long term fix for you guys.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Monty 03-13-2008 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 4627918)
Yeah, there's something going on in June we're doing, but I can't remember what.

Is Phil having another BBQ?

Hehe.....I'm up for BBQ too. ;-)

OnTheWarpath15 10-14-2011 02:07 PM

And here we are, almost four years later, and back in the same position. She was let go this morning.

They actually had the balls to look her in the eye and say, "this isn't due to performance, you've done everything we've asked of you and more. But we need to cut overhead so we can pay out bonuses to the shareholders."

I wish I was kidding.

So here we go again, late in the calendar year, in a shitty economy.

Everything in the OP is still accurate, and she now has 3+ years of selling architectural and engineering services on her resume.

If anyone, anywhere has a lead, please share. We're open to moving for the right position.

Lzen 10-14-2011 02:12 PM

Wish I could help you. Good luck and God bless.

ModSocks 10-14-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7994876)
They actually had the balls to look her in the eye and say, "this isn't due to performance, you've done everything we've asked of you and more. But we need to cut overhead so we can pay out bonuses to the shareholders."

Sigh. Pretty ****ed up world we live in right now.

Reerun_KC 10-14-2011 02:15 PM

OTWP58, Sorry to hear of this news. I will send you a PM with my email. Have her send me her resume and I will pass it around the OKC area to other business owners I know.

If you want.

Titty Meat 10-14-2011 02:15 PM

Sorry to hear that OTW

luv 10-14-2011 02:15 PM

Sorry to hear it. I've been let go because of overhead before, and it sucks. Hope she finds something soon.

Phobia 10-14-2011 02:25 PM

This is terrible news. I guess this means my traditional Christmas gift will not arrive this year? That's okay. My wife usually got mad at the mess the strippers left behind.

Just Passin' By 10-14-2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 7994876)
And here we are, almost four years later, and back in the same position. She was let go this morning.

I wish I was kidding.

So here we go again, late in the calendar year, in a shitty economy.

Everything in the OP is still accurate, and she now has 3+ years of selling architectural and engineering services on her resume.

If anyone, anywhere has a lead, please share. We're open to moving for the right position.

I'm sorry for the situation that you and your family have been put into. I hope you can find something to help soon.

BigMeatballDave 10-14-2011 02:36 PM

Wow. Shitty. Sorry to hear that.

Did they at least offer her some sort of severance package?