ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Tyson Jackson goes from underachiever to newfound force (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267451)

Deberg_1990 12-07-2012 11:22 AM

Tyson Jackson goes from underachiever to newfound force

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/12/06...rachiever.html

Maybe, just maybe, in his fourth season, Chiefs defensive end Tyson Jackson is turning into the impact player the club envisioned when he was the third overall pick of the 2009 NFL Draft.

No longer does Jackson head for the sidelines when the Chiefs go in to their nickel defense. In the last two games, against Denver and Carolina, he teamed with rookie tackle Dontari Poe as the two interior linemen on passing downs.

And Jackson responded with two of the most productive games of what has otherwise been considered an underachieving career.

In Sunday's 27-21 win over Carolina, Jackson matched his season's best with five tackles, recorded his second sack of the season and batted down a third-down pass by Cam Newton on the most crucial fourth-quarter defensive series of the game.

A week earlier, Jackson had three tackles and took down Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning, who was attempting a pass - but because Manning was credited with a 1-yard rush, statistically it was not ruled a sack.

"Tyson has been good all year," Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel said. "A lot of times people are watching the ball, and they don't always watch what goes on in the trenches. Tyson has always been a consistent player for us, and every time he goes out there, he does what we ask him to do, and he competes very well.

"We're just asking him to do a little bit more, and he's doing more."
Crennel said he decided to utilize Jackson instead of Allen Bailey on passing downs because teams started running the ball successfully against the nickel defense.

Consequently, Jackson participated in a season-most 55 snaps - or 86 percent of the Chiefs' defensive plays against Denver. In fact, Jackson has seen his most action of the season in the last two weeks. He was in on 73 percent of the team's plays against Carolina. Twice this year, he had been on the field for less than 50 percent of the plays.
"It's awesome, getting sacks and getting quarterback pressures," said Jackson, whose two sacks this season matched the total for his first three seasons. "It's definitely a different feeling than just holding those offensive linemen up so our linebackers can make plays.
"But to be quite honest, I'm a team player. Whatever I can to help our team out, I'm all for it."

In the base 3-4 front, Jackson's primary responsibility is to do the dirty work and occupy blockers so inside linebackers are free to make tackles. But as a down lineman in the nickel, Jackson is free to go after the passer, even if he doesn't get the sack.

Jackson's pressure up the middle against the Broncos, when he mauled Denver center Dan Koppen, kept Manning from stepping up in the pocket and allowed Justin Houston to pick up a sack.

"I understood my role in the defense," Jackson said. "They had guys on the team who could affect the quarterback better than I could at particular times on third down. I know for sure I was a first- and second-down type of guy who could go out there and stop the run. I'm trying to embrace whatever the coaches throw my way right now to help our defense get some three-and-outs and some stops to get our offense the ball.
"The sacks are nice, but I'd trade those to get a win."

The win over Carolina came in the aftermath of last Saturday's murder-suicide by linebacker Jovan Belcher, and now the Chiefs have the difficult task of coping with their grief while preparing for this Sunday's trip to Cleveland.

"I think the win means a lot more than just a win for us," Jackson said after the Carolina game. "Emotionally, it is helping us a little more. . . . It was enough to help us ease our minds. Everybody relied on the man next to him, and that's how we were able to get the job done."

It's uncertain if the Chiefs will be relying on Jackson, 26, much longer. They restructured his contract in the offseason, and his base salary for 2013 would be $14.72 million, with $3.22 guaranteed. So unless the two sides work out another new deal, Jackson may not be in Kansas City next year.

"I'll leave that up to the front office and my agent and let them take care of the business part of the deal," said Jackson. "I would love to be back. I really love the Chiefs, I love the organization, I love the fans.

"This year has been a rough year, but we still have a few games to go to get some wins under our belt and finish our season on a bright note."

Hammock Parties 12-07-2012 11:23 AM

Kansas City Star, please shut the **** up.

Randy Covitz is an old, ignorant buffoon who doesn't understand football.

BigCatDaddy 12-07-2012 11:23 AM

Nice try Pioli.

Chief Roundup 12-07-2012 11:25 AM

He needs a new deal or get cut. He will not see his huge cap number this season. Glad to see he is finally showing up though.

mcaj22 12-07-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9187628)
He needs a new deal or get cut. He will not see his huge cap number this season. Glad to see he is finally showing up though.

yes he will. This team isnt going to spend that much money in FA, so Jacksons 14 million eats cap for them without them doing anything, and gets them closer to the 90 whatever percent they have to be at with the cap next season

they dont have to do anything, just the way they like it. they did it for a reason.

Kaylore 12-07-2012 11:33 AM

See Pioli just needs more time. Each player he drafts takes three years at least. I encourage you to give him a lengthy extension and more total control over the francise. That way Mr. Hunt can focus on Soccer like he wants.

With love,
A Bronco fan.

Brock 12-07-2012 11:35 AM

Ha ha, what?

siberian khatru 12-07-2012 11:36 AM

HE'S HAD TWO GOOD GAMES! WOO-HOO!

BWillie 12-07-2012 11:40 AM

If he's so good why are we 2-10?

Chief Roundup 12-07-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9187659)

He is not a QB.

Hammock Parties 12-07-2012 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9187653)
HE'S HAD TWO GOOD GAMES! WOO-HOO!

They weren't even good games.

Against Denver, it was his worst game since the 2009 seasons.

Last week he was thoroughly mediocre and got another garbage sack because the pressure forced the QB his way.

Otter 12-07-2012 11:44 AM

Rufus is back!

Hootie 12-07-2012 11:45 AM

this team needs a new head coach (offensive minded) with a defensive coordinator allowed to coach the defense and a new GM

and then MAYBE, JUST MAYBE some of our talent can shine

talent wise, we have a pretty good offensive line, some good skill players on offense, two good to great rush backers, a very solid MLB, one good corner and one safety with a lot of potential

give us Geno, a good, young offensive minded HC and a feisty defensive coordinator and we could be a lot worse off

the Talking Can 12-07-2012 11:45 AM

this is a joke, right?

Hammock Parties 12-07-2012 11:46 AM

NEWFOUND FORCE

http://i.imgur.com/3QpRw.jpg

Dayze 12-07-2012 11:46 AM

A force?

lol. averaging like a tackle a game; maybe 2.

Fish 12-07-2012 11:48 AM

Does this mean we're going to the playoffs?

chiefforlife 12-07-2012 11:49 AM

Pitoitua is rated higher...LOL!

SAUTO 12-07-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9187667)

got another garbage sack because the pressure forced the QB his way.

not taking up for him but this is a stupid statement

dirk digler 12-07-2012 11:52 AM

A force? Probably not but I have noticed he has been playing better of late.

HemiEd 12-07-2012 11:55 AM

I wonder if this just might be a contract year for him? :shake:

Hammock Parties 12-07-2012 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9187694)
not taking up for him but this is a stupid statement

It's accurate, you dumbshit. Take a look. The only reason Jackson gets this sack is because Cam is flushed his way.

http://i.imgur.com/o1UJZ.gif

It's nothing special at all. Any slapdick off the street can get a sack this way.

Fire Me Boy! 12-07-2012 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9187659)

We're 1-1 since he got a bigger role in the defense.

mcaj22 12-07-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9187682)

look at all the guys Pioli passed on this list over the last 4 years that are ten times better than Jackson

and would not have cost a #3 pick and like 70 million to get either

Rausch 12-07-2012 12:02 PM

"Newfound Force" would be the cap space cleared up by cutting him so the the next GM could sign some legitimate players...

Rain Man 12-07-2012 12:11 PM

I like the PFF stuff, but I'll point out that if Jackson isn't playing in passing situations where he knows it's a rush situation, it seems to me that his rushing rating will be lower.

Put another way, who's going to have a better pass rush rating?

Player A - plays mostly on rushing downs and has to read a pass play on the fly.

Player B - plays mostly on passing downs and rushes the passer unless he reads a run on the fly.

My hope is that playing Jackson on passing downs will give him more opportunities to pin his ears back and actually rush, thereby improving his pass rush effectiveness (and PFF scores).

stevieray 12-07-2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9187707)
It's accurate, you dumbshit. Take a look. The only reason Jackson gets this sack is because Cam is flushed his way.

It's nothing special at all. Any slapdick off the street can get a sack this way.

good hands..came back from the edge ( which he sealed) to make the play.

KCrockaholic 12-07-2012 12:14 PM

I'd be ok with Ropati taking Dorsey's spot in 2013.

Meanwhile at least Poe is being doubled quite often.

Hammock Parties 12-07-2012 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9187752)
My hope is that playing Jackson on passing downs will give him more opportunities to pin his ears back and actually rush, thereby improving his pass rush effectiveness (and PFF scores).

Jackson has been playing on passing downs for a month now. He started doing it against Pittsburgh.

He has ONE quarterback pressure that entire time.

He's a terrible football player.

Rain Man 12-07-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9187766)
I'd be ok with Ropati taking Dorsey's spot in 2013.

It didn't really seem like there was a dropoff when Ropati came in.

KCrockaholic 12-07-2012 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9187752)
I like the PFF stuff, but I'll point out that if Jackson isn't playing in passing situations where he knows it's a rush situation, it seems to me that his rushing rating will be lower.

Put another way, who's going to have a better pass rush rating?

Player A - plays mostly on rushing downs and has to read a pass play on the fly.

Player B - plays mostly on passing downs and rushes the passer unless he reads a run on the fly.

He's never been a good pass rusher, even at LSU. He doesn't have the speed for it. If he was in a 4-3 as a DE he'd be lucky to have 5 sacks a year.

Cheater5 12-07-2012 12:17 PM

Quote:

Huh. Pituitoa actually looks like he gets good pressure up the middle - if anyone on the DL deserves credit on this play it's him.

KCrockaholic 12-07-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9187771)
It didn't really seem like there was a dropoff when Ropati came in.

Dorsey just didn't make much of an impact. He was just a guy. But was used in the wrong system. I still think if he went to a 4-3 team he would be a solid player. I hope he does.

Hammock Parties 12-07-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheater5 (Post 9187777)
Huh. Pituitoa actually looks like he gets good pressure up the middle - if anyone on the DL deserves credit on this play it's him.

That play is 90 percent Rapetitty and Siler and 10 percent Jackson.

It's ****ing bullshit anyone is praising Jackson in the media these last two weeks.

Thank CHRIST I don't have to listen to anyone say anything good about Scott Pioli or Tyson Jackson after four more games. :facepalm:

KCrockaholic 12-07-2012 12:21 PM

I agree with Clay. I can't wait for the off-season. I've seriously never been so excited for a year to end.

Rausch 12-07-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9187787)
I agree with Clay. I can't wait for the off-season. I've seriously never been so excited for a year to end.

ONLY if PIOLI is gone...

Fansy the Famous Bard 12-07-2012 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9187787)

excited... or thankful?

Hammock Parties 12-07-2012 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 9187789)
excited... or thankful?

Both.

This offseason is gonna be FUN.

Hootie 12-07-2012 12:25 PM

I was going to say...both of his "sacks" were coverage sacks where the QB ran right into him...

whooopdeedoo

Poe actually gets legit push and pressure. He's our only DL worth a shit and he still sucks asshole if you ask me.

mcaj22 12-07-2012 12:29 PM

the problem with that is Ratboy Pissitua and Dontari Poe are essentially taking on FOUR BLOCKERS in that .gif. Three oline and the blocking HB comes up to help. 4 on 2. So Tyson Jackson is left alone to BEAT ONE ****ING GUY 1 on 1 and he cant even do that.

Thats where you GOT TO make a play. if you are left 1 on 1 like that, you got to have some sort of push, pass rush, anything. That's the difference between a good and bad d-line right there.

Essentially other good teams have that, when Justin Smith gets doubled, Ray McDonald can usually beat his guy 1 on 1 on the other side, JJ Watt doubled, Antonio Smith gets a good 1 on 1 push, Haolit Ngata gets doubled either Arthur Jones or Pharnell McPhee have a 1 on 1 chance.... etc. Watch any other 34 d-line.

bricks 12-07-2012 12:32 PM

This article should be talking about Poe.

Poe has been making progress throughout the year IMO.

Rasputin 12-07-2012 12:36 PM

He loves us, we don't love him. Is that an example of ironic?

Hammock Parties 12-07-2012 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bricks (Post 9187801)
This article should be talking about Poe.

Poe has been making progress throughout the year IMO.

Poe needs to get some bullshit sacks.

THEN the KC media will blow him.

notorious 12-07-2012 12:40 PM

"Newfound Force"

ROFL

BigMeatballDave 12-07-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9187791)

This offseason is gonna be FUN.

Only if Pioli is gone.

BlackHelicopters 12-07-2012 12:57 PM

When the Star dive into satire full time? Kudos.

Sorter 12-07-2012 01:34 PM

I'll admit he's been improving.

All that means is he went from completely ineffective to below Aaron Maybin status last year. He still sucks and isn't worthy of his 1st contract or what he got when Pioli restructured it.

whoman69 12-07-2012 02:47 PM

Tell me he's an impact player when he gets a sack or a hurry and isn't just on the field because of injuries.

SAUTO 12-07-2012 03:02 PM

Quote:

how many sacks has houston or hali had in the same type situation?

you dumbshit.

SAUTO 12-07-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9187792)
I was going to say...both of his "sacks" were coverage sacks where the QB ran right into him...

whooopdeedoo

Poe actually gets legit push and pressure. He's our only DL worth a shit and he still sucks asshole if you ask me.

so any sack that could be attributed to coverage doesnt count anymore. gotcha.

Sorter 12-07-2012 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9187792)

Actually, Poe has been improving on his leverage and hand fighting skills throughout the year. Pad level still gets high routinely but he has had flashes.

Hammock Parties 12-07-2012 03:07 PM

You're serious. LMAO.

You compared two of the best pass rushers in the NFL to one of the worst LMAO.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3217/3...6b27f9a6ae.jpg

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-07-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Otter (Post 9187672)
Rufus is back!

ROFL I don't think he evar left.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-07-2012 03:13 PM

Who was that slapdick we had under Herm who used to do the patty cake drill with Hali?

Oh yeah, THIS fool:

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v.../KRUMMY3-1.jpg

Strongside 12-07-2012 03:28 PM

http://i.imgur.com/sFyNF.jpg

Hammock Parties 12-07-2012 03:29 PM

This bitch isn't even going to be on the roster next year.

Sorter 12-07-2012 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9188278)
This bitch isn't even going to be on the roster next year.

Not with a ****ing 17M salary he isn't.

ROFL

Seriously, if he somehow stays and we pay him that, we deserve to be the worst franchise ever.

Strongside 12-07-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9188304)
Not with a ****ing 17M salary he isn't.

ROFL

Seriously, if he somehow stays and we pay him that, we deserve to be the worst franchise ever.

I think he's one of the first housecleaning moves if/when the new GM arrives. I could, however, see him restructuring.

Sorter 12-07-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9188308)
I think he's one of the first housecleaning moves if/when the new GM arrives. I could, however, see him restructuring.

I wouldn't hate to keep him on the roster for league min.

Actually, I would. I want some real DEs that can play in our base front and rush the passer. If T-Jack can show that he can do that in a 1-gap, I wouldn't be against restructuring. However, I don't want anymore starting DEs that can't get a push in our base front. Period.

SAUTO 12-07-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9188227)
You're serious. LMAO.

You compared two of the best pass rushers in the NFL to one of the worst LMAO.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3217/3...6b27f9a6ae.jpg

i realize now you arent very smart. actually i realized this quite some time ago, but you have just reinforced it.

i compared THE SITUATIONS. if you arent bitching about every sack anyone else gets that way you cant bitch about a sack he gets that way.

i think your little picture should be directed right back at you

Strongside 12-07-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9188314)
I wouldn't hate to keep him on the roster for league min.

Actually, I would. I want some real DEs that can play in our base front and rush the passer. If T-Jack can show that he can do that in a 1-gap, I wouldn't be against restructuring. However, I don't want anymore starting DEs that can't get a push in our base front. Period.

I wonder how our Defense would look if a new DC/HC comes in here and restructures us to a 4-3. Do we put Tamba and Houston as down DE's, or keep them at OLB?...It would be interesting.

Hammock Parties 12-07-2012 03:55 PM

I'm sorry if you can't see what's right in front of you.

That's not a special play by Tyson Jackson. He did nothing particularly good there. He was the benefactor of pressure generated by other players.

Mr. Laz 12-07-2012 03:56 PM

Glad he is playing better but still needs a contract that fits his production.

which is 50% less than it is now ... maybe less, i haven't checked the going rate lately.

Strongside 12-07-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9188326)
Glad he is playing better but still needs a contract that fits his production.

which is 50% less than it is now ... maybe less, i haven't checked the going rate lately.

The going rate for players of his caliber is somewhere between the bench and a job at Wal-Mart.

Mr. Laz 12-07-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9188320)
I wonder how our Defense would look if a new DC/HC comes in here and restructures us to a 4-3. Do we put Tamba and Houston as down DE's, or keep them at OLB?...It would be interesting.

at ends imo

some teams run with smaller DE's

2 big run stuffing monsters in the middle
2 smaller pass rushing DE's on the outside

your big DT's just need to be aware of when teams try to run 'under' the DE's shooting up field.

Hali,Poe,Powe,Houston

we need help at LB though

SAUTO 12-07-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9188323)
I'm sorry if you can't see what's right in front of you.

That's not a special play by Tyson Jackson. He did nothing particularly good there. He was the benefactor of pressure generated by other players.

and im sorry that you obviously cant read the words that i typed.

i never once said it was a special play.

i guess next time any other player gets the same type of sack you will be here saying the same things... right?

Sorter 12-07-2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9188320)

If we were to switch to a 4-3, I'd like to see this

DL: Hali-Powe-Poe-draft pick/FA
LBs: DJ-draft pick/FA-Houston. You could keep DJ in the middle if you wanted I suppose.

Ideally, I'd like to switch to a Phillips 3-4 and look like this

DL: Either DraftPick/FA/Jackson-Powe/Poe/FA-Poe/DraftPick
LBS: Hali-draftpick/FA-DJ-Houston.

Either switch is going to require us getting at least 1 pass rusher via the draft or FA. If we switch to a 1-gap, we maintain continuity with our LBs, and the difficulties for Poe decrease dramatically IMO. Additionally, there is a very very slim chance that Jackson improves in a 1-gap. Doubtful but stranger things have happened.

RunKC 12-07-2012 04:00 PM

What's his pass rush stats? Like how many times has he had a chance to rush the QB? How many pressures does he have?

People are saying he would be much better in a 1 gap, which is dumb.

Mr. Laz 12-07-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9188327)
The going rate for players of his caliber is somewhere between the bench and a job at Wal-Mart.

that's just being silly

he was drafted too high and is being pay too much but he's still productive for what we are asking him to do.

looks like he MIGHT be expanding his usability to something other than a running stuff 3-4 DE too.

always have to be aware of better play in contract years though

Hammock Parties 12-07-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9188332)
i never once said it was a special play.
?

Then we are in agreement, and this whole debate between you and I was pointless.

Good day, dipshit.

Sorter 12-07-2012 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9188337)
What's his pass rush stats? Like how many times has he had a chance to rush the QB? How many pressures does he have?

People are saying he would be much better in a 1 gap, which is dumb.

I don't think anybody is saying that.

Some said that with Dorsey, which was quickly debunked.

Strongside 12-07-2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9188335)
If we were to switch to a 4-3, I'd like to see this

DL: Hali-Powe-Poe-draft pick/FA
LBs: DJ-draft pick/FA-Houston. You could keep DJ in the middle if you wanted I suppose.

Ideally, I'd like to switch to a Phillips 3-4 and look like this

DL: Either DraftPick/FA/Jackson-Powe/Poe/FA-Poe/DraftPick
LBS: Hali-draftpick/FA-DJ-Houston.

Either switch is going to require us getting at least 1 pass rusher via the draft or FA. If we switch to a 1-gap, we maintain continuity with our LBs, and the difficulties for Poe decrease dramatically IMO. Additionally, there is a very very slim chance that Jackson improves in a 1-gap. Doubtful but stranger things have happened.

I don't see Jackson improving with a gap assignment makeover, either. I do, though (given that he has improved in the 2-gap scheme) think that it would benefit Poe.

RunKC 12-07-2012 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9188341)
I don't think anybody is saying that.

Some said that with Dorsey, which was quickly debunked.

I remember Kevin Keitzman (yeah shocker I know) saying he has the athletic ability but is asked to stop the run far more than the pass and that a 1 gap would make him successful.

Personally, I think we've see his ceiling. No way we keep him for 17 million next season.

Sorter 12-07-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9188344)
I don't see Jackson improving with a gap assignment makeover, either. I do, though (given that he has improved in the 2-gap scheme) think that it would benefit Poe.

Totally agree. It was nice of Crennel/Pioli to get him some reps playing 2-gap for us though before they are kicked the **** out of the door.

LMAO

Sorter 12-07-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9188346)
I remember Kevin Keitzman (yeah shocker I know) saying he has the athletic ability but is asked to stop the run far more than the pass and that a 1 gap would make him successful.

Personally, I think we've see his ceiling. No way we keep him for 17 million next season.

None of the radio guys here in KC know anything about football.

Period.

Mr. Laz 12-07-2012 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9188346)

He either agrees to stay for 5-ish million or he goes

Strongside 12-07-2012 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9188352)
He either agrees to stay for 5-ish million or he goes

And the endless crawfish. Don't forget the crawfish.

Mr. Laz 12-07-2012 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 9188354)
And the endless crawfish. Don't forget the crawfish.

hell ... i don't even know if it's 5 million per.

I just figure with the escalating money going to veterans even the average price is going to be 5+

SAUTO 12-07-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9188340)
Then we are in agreement, and this whole debate between you and I was pointless.

Good day, dipshit.

go **** yourself.

just remember what you have said here when you are pimping some slapdick that gets some coverage sacks.

Marcellus 12-07-2012 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9187638)
yes he will. This team isnt going to spend that much money in FA, so Jacksons 14 million eats cap for them without them doing anything, and gets them closer to the 90 whatever percent they have to be at with the cap next season

they dont have to do anything, just the way they like it. they did it for a reason.

You have to be one of the most jaded twisted posters here as far as the Chiefs organization goes.

You realize that makes no sense right? Its $14MM whether you spend it on a TJ or somebody else.

Clark - "Hey guys I don't want to spend $14MM on any good players this off season so keep TJ around to keep us closer to the salary floor even though sucks balls".

Yea, OK a so called cheap owner likes to just flush $ down the drain. That makes sense.

Do you have any idea what kind of player you could get for a $14MM signing bonus and reasonable yearly salary? No they will pay TJ $14MM for 1 season to prevent that.

Secondly Pioli is going to be gone so no ties to Jackson anyway.