ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Food and Drink Super Bowl Eats - What Are You Culinary Artisans Doing? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=313570)

Easy 6 01-30-2018 02:51 PM

Super Bowl Eats - What Are You Culinary Artisans Doing?

I'm wanting to keep it pretty simple, with only one dish that requires any real work, so its looking like...

Your standard queso blanco with ro-tel dip and chips

Batch of buffalo wings

With the main course being pork & shrimp eggrolls, which are quite a bit of work just by themselves... havent made them in at least 10 years, but depending on what you guys are doing I'd consider changing my mind on them

But the main idea is doing something I've either never made, or havent made in a long time

So whatcha doing, gents?

TimBone 01-30-2018 03:22 PM

Easy, if you're doing a rotel cheese dip, you should do the one Pablo posted last year. Let me see if I can dig it up.

As for myself, I'll be at work. Hopefully it's a slow Sunday night, so we can watch the game. I'm gonna smoke/sous vide brisket, and the other two fellas will bring some sides.

Edit: I don't have Pablo's recipe saved on my phone. Hopefully he sees this and can post it. Shit is bomb, and fairly easy to make.

Easy 6 01-30-2018 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 13388990)
Easy, if you're doing a total cheese dip, you should do the one Pablo posted last year. Let me see if I can dig it up.

As for myself, I'll be at work. Hopefully it's a slow Sunday night, so we can watch the game. I'm gonna smoke/sous vide brisket, and the other two fellas will bring some sides.

Edit: I don't have Pablo's recipe saved on my phone. Hopefully he sees this and can post it. Shit is bomb, and fairly easy to make.

Would love to see it, I believe his has sausage in it iirc...

cooper barrett 01-30-2018 03:55 PM

Sitting at a bar/ brewery, partaking of the hors doeuvres and taking my first smoke/ Sous Vide/ smoke butt roast to share. I may not get a bark, but for pulled pork I know it will be good.

...and taking the community drunk bus home.

tooge 01-30-2018 03:55 PM

Easy, I'm sorta with you on this. I want to do something different but not something that takes all damn day. I do bacon wrapped venison chunks with a jalapeno slice and a water chestnut slice. But that's more of an appetizer. Chili is always good but I've been making it all winter since deer season.

I'm also looking for ideas

cooper barrett 01-30-2018 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 13389059)
Easy, I'm sorta with you on this. I want to do something different but not something that takes all damn day. I do bacon wrapped venison chunks with a jalapeno slice and a water chestnut slice. But that's more of an appetizer. Chili is always good but I've been making it all winter since deer season.

That does sound good, so does the rotel....

Stuff with cream cheese and ghost peppers and smokem. These were made with precooked sausage.

https://s26.postimg.org/790qnphsp/unnamed.jpg

Dayze 01-30-2018 04:25 PM

usually we just do up a proper plate of nachos.
get some beef or chicken, refried beans, cheese, pico, jelepenos etc....build a pile up however you like on some foill on cookie sheet, then stick it under a broiler for a little bit to warm it up; then slide the foil and nachos off onto a plate.

pretty easy, and you can get a bunch of different ingredients that don't take much - if any - prep.

loochy 01-30-2018 04:27 PM

cheetos
Posted via Mobile Device

Easy 6 01-30-2018 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 13389058)
Sitting at a bar/ brewery, partaking of the hors doeuvres and taking my first smoke/ Sous Vide/ smoke butt roast to share. I may not get a bark, but for pulled pork I know it will be good.

...and taking the community drunk bus home.

Yeah theres always the bar option, let someone else do the cooking... but I usually shy away from bars for events like this, wanna hear the dang game

Good call on the drunk bus though, we have the same deal here... its dirt cheap and very smart

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 13389059)

The water chestnut sounds like a cool twist to add in, put a little crunch in each bite... but yeah, who wants to spend all day outside at the grill or hovering over the stove

The pregame shows are usually as, or even more, interesting than the game itself

If I stick with egg rolls they'll be done up saturday night, tightly wrapped and thrown in the fridge so all I gotta do is fry them sunday

They're pretty damn good, not the standard jobbers from the chinese joint... at least half pork and shrimp, with the rest being cabbage, celery, carrot, super fine minced ginger, soy and a dash of sesame oil

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 13389088)
usually we just do up a proper plate of nachos.
get some beef or chicken, refried beans, cheese, pico, jelepenos etc....build a pile up however you like on some foill on cookie sheet, then stick it under a broiler for a little bit to warm it up; then slide the foil and nachos off onto a plate.

pretty easy, and you can get a bunch of different ingredients that don't take much - if any - prep.

You got me thinking here... that could eliminate the wings AND queso dip in one fell swoop with some nachos

Just do up a little taco meat with no grease to dick with, chop a few veggies and melt some cheese on the stove :hmmm:

BlackHelicopters 01-30-2018 04:41 PM

Spaghetti with little hot dogs cut up in it.

In58men 01-30-2018 04:43 PM

Smoking 6 racks of pork ribs

Little smokies with bbq sauce

Costco made meatballs

Chips & dip.

Pub Mix

Indian Chief 01-30-2018 04:46 PM

Buffalo chicken pull-apart bread. I made it on Christmas Eve for the first time and we all thought it would be a great addition to a football party.

Easy 6 01-30-2018 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters (Post 13389112)
Spaghetti with little hot dogs cut up in it.

LOL liar, you're strange bird... wonder what its like being one of your dental patients :eek:

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 13389115)
Smoking 6 racks of pork ribs

Little smokies with bbq sauce

Costco made meatballs

Chips & dip.

Pub Mix

Solid, keeping it pretty simple... let the meat smoke, and warm up a few smokies and meatballs

Easy 6 01-30-2018 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 13389119)
Buffalo chicken pull-apart bread. I made it on Christmas Eve for the first time and we all thought it would be a great addition to a football party.

Sounds quite unique, how does that work?

cooper barrett 01-30-2018 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 13389119)

Pulled pork an option here?