ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

Rambozo 01-21-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9339404)
The thing that people fail to grasp is that "none of the experts think there is anyone close to RG3 in this class" is not the same thing as "none of the experts think there is anybody worth the #1 in this class".

There's a lot of skewed weighting going on. And Smith is not measured against RG3 or Luck or anyone else from last year. He's measured against people in this class.

Yep, I agree with you there and the competition is close.

the Talking Can 01-21-2013 03:43 PM

it's amazing that a fanbase that wouldn't have traded for RG3 last year now uses him as some unimpeachable standard for whether or not we're allowed to draft a QB...

RunKC 01-21-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339407)
He didn't play. His stock went up.

HOW DID HE DO IT?!?!?!?!?

I think it might have been his ability to be clutch and win games down the stretch and play the QB position extremely well, not blow them and look like an asshole (Geno). LMAO

ChiefsCountry 01-21-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339412)
Really? Explain...

Look at the ****ing idiots that are pimping Wilson, that should explain everything. Not to mention this not playing in the worthless Senior Bowl shit about Geno is getting old as hell and it doesn't matter one damn bit.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9339418)
I think it might have been his ability to be clutch and win games down the stretch and play the QB position extremely well, not blow them and look like an asshole (Geno). LMAO

Yeah, that game losing INT that he threw to Arthur Brown against K State, that was CLUTCH.

You're an idiot.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9339419)
Look at the ****ing idiots that are pimping Wilson, that should explain everything. Not to mention this not playing in the worthless Senior Bowl shit about Geno is getting old as hell and it doesn't matter one damn bit.

I don't know man. I like Wilson. I think him doing well in the Senior Bowl could elevate his stock.

But this stuff about Geno is just typical hater BS. Don't care.

Rambozo 01-21-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9339417)
it's amazing that a fanbase that wouldn't have traded for RG3 last year now uses him as some unimpeachable standard for whether or not we're allowed to draft a QB...

I liked RGII but wouldn't have traded for him because guys like him get hurt. He is a small running QB. He's great in the pocket but, relies too much on his legs right now and will take some time to develop into a true passing NFL QB.... just like Vick.... If his career lasts that long.

He wasn't worth all of those picks imo. I think time will show that. The Falcons didn't come out on top of the Vick trade either.

RunKC 01-21-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339429)
Yeah, that game losing INT that he threw to Arthur Brown against K State, that was CLUTCH.

You're an idiot.

3 successful drives out of 11 and 0/10 on 3rd down his bowl game.

CLUTCH!

the Talking Can 01-21-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9339438)
I liked RGII but wouldn't have traded for him because guys like him get hurt. He is a small running QB. He's great in the pocket but, relies too much on his legs right now and will take some time to develop into a true passing NFL QB.... just like Vick.... If his career lasts that long.

He wasn't worth all of those picks imo. I think time will show that. The Falcons didn't come out on top of the Vick trade either.

like i said....

Rambozo 01-21-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9339419)

Why can't we have a decent realistic discussion about Geno on this site? He has a cult like following here. It's not that "out there" for people to like Wilson better. Everyone has an opinion. Just like you have opinion in your post above.

For the record, I like Geno very much but, If I said Geno had bad breath I would be in the red. It's time to grow up guys. We need a QB and there are some smart people here. Let's keep an open mind.

silver5liter 01-21-2013 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339412)
Really? Explain...

Do you really want a response from someone with barkley in their sig?

Priest31kc 01-21-2013 03:49 PM

Was watching Metro Sports last night...Leif Lisec asked Danan Hughes if Geno Smith would be an option for the Chiefs at #1...

Danan's response: "I don't think so. I haven't seen much of him but I don't think he has a very strong arm." Blah blah blah I forgot what else he said.

But what a ****ing moron. I used to like Hughes until this. ****ing analysts getting paid and not knowing what they're talking about.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9339446)
Why can't we have a decent realistic discussion about Geno on this site?

Ask RunKC.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9339447)
Do you really want a response from someone with barkley in their sig?

Um, yeah.

I'm open minded.

the Talking Can 01-21-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Why can't we have a decent realistic discussion about Geno on this site? He has a cult like following here. It's not that "out there" for people to like Wilson better. Everyone has an opinion. Just like you have opinion in your post above.

For the record, I like Geno very much but, If I said Geno had bad breath I would be in the red. It's time to grow up guys. We need a QB and there are some smart people here. Let's keep an open mind.

is this a joke?

we have a 10,000 post thread discussing every snap of geno's career

this thread is now just a troll thread for people who know nothing about smith other than the fact that Maycock just scolded him for skipping mayock's favorite weekend...and for being an illiterate gang member

and the only thing you know about Smith is that "people say he isn't RG3" your opinion is worth much

ChiefsCountry 01-21-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339434)
I don't know man. I like Wilson. I think him doing well in the Senior Bowl could elevate his stock.

But this stuff about Geno is just typical hater BS. Don't care.

Wilson is a legit first round pick but when complete neanderthals like CoMo, RunKC, Frankie, Tomahawk etc are pimping a player you know its best to run far away from him.

Tribal Warfare 01-21-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9339449)
Was watching Metro Sports last night...Leif Lisec asked Danan Hughes if Geno Smith would be an option for the Chiefs at #1...

Danan's response: "I don't think so. I haven't seen much of him but I don't think he has a very strong arm." Blah blah blah I forgot what else he said.

But what a ****ing moron. I used to like Hughes until this. ****ing analysts getting paid and not knowing what they're talking about.

Whaaaaaaat? :spock:

RunKC 01-21-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Because talking can is a dumbass who doesn't want to share an opinion. If it's not part of his narrative, than you're a dumbass who's never seen him play before.

Geno is just as good as generational QB prospects on this board.

Priest31kc 01-21-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9339469)
Whaaaaaaat? :spock:

Yeah, I laughed.

And Evan Silva never tweeted me back after sending me the "no chance they draft geno, brent. guaranteed they won't" DM...

ModSocks 01-21-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

I think you'll find that most on this board agrees with you. Sometimes the line between "don't draft a QB/Draft a Qb not named Geno Smith" can get crossed in some people's heads.

I like tyler Wilson. I think he is a good prospect. But his concussion history is a huge red flag. Huge.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9339472)

Another outright lie.

RealSNR 01-21-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

By "have a rational discussion" you mean everybody should start getting on board with trading down/trading for Flynn/A Smith/Freeman/passing on a QB just because we have smart people in charge now?

It would be one thing if this were a political discussion where we had a wide spectrum of opinions. This isn't. There are very limited options in how the Chiefs will find a future starting QB. You're one of those people who claims, "I'm not saying we should take Joeckel or trade for a veteran." You also claim you like Geno.

Okay, then. So what's the irrationality in this discussion? I don't ****ing see it anywhere. How can somebody call for realism in a discussion about a specific player and then pooh pooh all the alternatives to drafting said player?

I don't ****ing get it.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9339482)
Sometimes the line between "don't draft a QB/Draft a Qb not named Geno Smith" can get crossed in some people's heads.

This.

Tribal Warfare 01-21-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9339480)
Yeah, I laughed.

And Evan Silva never tweeted me back after sending me the "no chance they draft geno, brent. guaranteed they won't" DM...

about 3 months before the draft he's guaranteeing this? Ask him what the upcoming powerball numbers for the lottery so you can hit the jackpot.

the Talking Can 01-21-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9339472)
Because talking can is a dumbass who doesn't want to share an opinion. If it's not part of his narrative, than you're a dumbass who's never seen him play before.

ROFL

l love the butt hurt

you showed up, got your ass handed to you a half-dozen different ways...and now you hang around like a sad puppy

Rambozo 01-21-2013 04:07 PM

Ok, I give up on talking about Geno for a while. This is one of those things that I think will play itself out.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9339502)
ROFL

l love the butt hurt

you showed up, got your ass handed to you a half-dozen different ways...and now you hang around like a sad puppy

He's still here because he knows he's ruining this thread. He's the prototypical troll.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9339509)
Ok, I give up on talking about Geno for a while. This is one of those things that I think will play itself out.

Probably for the best.

Right now, this thread is RunKC's personal kitty box.

RunKC 01-21-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339516)
Probably for the best.

Right now, this thread is RunKC's personal kitty box.

Nah just tired of people making excuses for him.

the Talking Can 01-21-2013 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9339509)

we discussed him all year, not sure what's left to explore

the truth is, right now there is nothing really to say...about any of the top QBs

no one is going to play a real snap in a real game....but perceptions are going to rise and fall on chatter and numbers and generally large amounts of bullshit...things that will effect the opinions of people who never watched the QBs play (runkc and most chiefs fans that call into sports radio)

the Chiefs will make their own evaluations of the QBs, and that will be that

htismaqe 01-21-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9339538)
Nah just tired of people making excuses for him.

Yeah, that's why you've completely ignored any of the legitimate criticisms that have been made, repeatedly, by these same people.

Thanks for ruining another thread, Bob.

RunKC 01-21-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339559)
Yeah, that's why you've completely ignored any of the legitimate criticisms that have been made, repeatedly, by these same people.

Thanks for ruining another thread, Bob.

What criticisms? They are hidden with over 10,000 pages of excuses.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9339579)
What criticisms? They are hidden with over 10,000 pages of excuses.

Half of those 10K posts are yours.

Amazing for somebody who doesn't even like Geno Smith.

RunKC 01-21-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339583)
Half of those 10K posts are yours.

Amazing for somebody who doesn't even like Geno Smith.

Discussing him isn't a problem.

And I love how a lot of the Geno crowd is putting on their Nick Wright attitdue. Make fun of all the white prospects but the second somone says something bad about Geno it's "raycess" LMAO

ModSocks 01-21-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9339551)
the truth is, right now there is nothing really to say...about any of the top QBs

no one is going to play a real snap in a real game....but perceptions are going to rise and fall on chatter and numbers and generally large amounts of bullshit...things that will effect the opinions of people who never watched the QBs play (runkc and most chiefs fans that call into sports radio)

the Chiefs will make their own evaluations of the QBs, and that will be that

Truth.

Once the opinions of the "experts" begin to sway (after they talk to teams at the combine of course) so too will the opinion of the fans. It's gonna be funny to watch actually.

ModSocks 01-21-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9339610)

And I love how a lot of the Geno crowd is putting on their Nick Wright attitdue. Make fun of all the white prospects but the second somone says something bad about Geno it's "raycess" LMAO

I think your problem is more with the Geno fans than Geno himself. Just an observation.

RunKC 01-21-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 9339618)
I think your problem is more with the Geno fans than Geno himself. Just an observation.

Agreed. They make the kid really hard to like.

Bump 01-21-2013 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9339631)

well the Geno crowd is sick of hearing how he's just another Michael Vick or Jemarcus Russel.

RealSNR 01-21-2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

It's not racist to question Geno Smith's tendency to force the ball when his team gets down by multi-score margins.

It IS racist to claim he doesn't seem to have much upstairs, and that he "comes off like Jamarcus Russell"

the Talking Can 01-21-2013 05:00 PM

Quote:

wait, the troll who showed up to tell us he had 'proof' of the 'conspiracy' to hide the fact that Smith was an illiterate gang banger in high school is now claiming...um, what exactly?

the guy who couldn't take 3 minutes away from Starcraft to actually watch one of Geno's game this year, this guy is now claiming we're the only reason he doesn't like Smith?

ROFL

holy shit, brah....you got issues

O.city 01-21-2013 05:18 PM

If he is being told "don't go to the SR. bowl, you are already a top 10 pick" by his agent, I understand not going and instead staying and training. I don't like the idea, wish he would have went to Mobile, but I get it.

So saying he's already a top 10 pick based on what has already occurred, couple things could happen by going to the SR bowl. He could jolt to be the sure first overall pick, or fall out of the top 10. Pre SR bowl, it's pretty much a consensus that he's the top QB in the class.

So like I said, I get not going. If he's also been told he can not go to Mobile, throw at the combine and his prodays to solidify being the first overall pick, again, I get it.

Personally, I would have preferred he go and show everyone that he either is the first pick or isn't.

hometeam 01-21-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9339715)
If he is being told "don't go to the SR. bowl, you are already a top 10 pick" by his agent, I understand not going and instead staying and training. I don't like the idea, wish he would have went to Mobile, but I get it.

So saying he's already a top 10 pick based on what has already occurred, couple things could happen by going to the SR bowl. He could jolt to be the sure first overall pick, or fall out of the top 10. Pre SR bowl, it's pretty much a consensus that he's the top QB in the class.

So like I said, I get not going. If he's also been told he can not go to Mobile, throw at the combine and his prodays to solidify being the first overall pick, again, I get it.

Personally, I would have preferred he go and show everyone that he either is the first pick or isn't.

Has that ever happened? A guy people thought wasnt good enough plays in the senior bowl and all the sudden the haters dissapear?

silver5liter 01-21-2013 05:31 PM

Anyone think that maybe Geno went to IMG because the teams interested can come and actually watch him practice in a situation he has been in for a month, instead of the senior bowl where he will get to practice for a week?

O.city 01-21-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9339741)
Has that ever happened? A guy people thought wasnt good enough plays in the senior bowl and all the sudden the haters dissapear?

No, probably wouldn't have happened.

Like I said, if it were me and I'd pretty much already locked up being the top QB in the class, or thats what I was being told, I wouldn't go either.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-21-2013 05:51 PM

So much butthurt over a guy not playing in a glorified scrimage.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Another blatant lie.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Half the people here didn't become die-hard Geno fans until they were bombarded daily by idiotic takes like yours.

Congrats.

htismaqe 01-21-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9339752)
Anyone think that maybe Geno went to IMG because the teams interested can come and actually watch him practice in a situation he has been in for a month, instead of the senior bowl where he will get to practice for a week?

Get that logic outta here.

Kiper said Glennon is the best QB in the draft!!! OMG!!!111!1!!

RunKC 01-21-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9339803)
Half the people here didn't become die-hard Geno fans until they were bombarded daily by idiotic takes like yours.

Congrats.

This has been going on since late September, like 2 months before I started questioning the kid. LMAO

htismaqe 01-21-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9339824)
This has been going on since late September, like 2 months before I started questioning the kid. LMAO

Another lie.

Mr. Laz 01-21-2013 06:48 PM

can Geno Smith become the 1st pick if avoids working out completely?

no senior bowl
no throwing at the combine
no pro day

if he pulls a 'i'm already the 1st pick' and only has a private workout from now until the draft will he have done enough to become the 1st pick?

Fanboi's don't need to answer

O.city 01-21-2013 06:50 PM

I'm sure he'll have a pro day, and likely will throw at the combine.

But to answer your question, unless he's already been told by the Chiefs that they plan on taking him, no I don't see that happening.

silver5liter 01-21-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9339926)

no senior bowl
no pro day

if he pulls a 'i'm already the 1st pick' and only has a private workout from now until the draft will he have done enough to become the 1st pick?

He will have a pro day. He wont throw at the combine though I wouldnt think.

SAUTO 01-21-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9339926)

no senior bowl
no pro day

Doubtful.

But I'm sure he is going to at least have a pro day
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz 01-21-2013 06:54 PM

Last legit QB prospect not to have a pro day?

O.city 01-21-2013 06:56 PM

Question to the non Geno guys. Say he does have a pro day and throws at the Combine, where he gets raving reviews.

Be ok to draft him then?

-King- 01-21-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9339936)
I'm sure he'll have a pro day, and likely will throw at the combine.

But to answer your question, unless he's already been told by the Chiefs that they plan on taking him, no I don't see that happening.

I doubt he'll throw at the combine. That would likely do more harm than good. He'd have no chemistry with the WRs he'd be throwing to and as a QB, I don't think that's a risk you'd want to take.

RealSNR 01-21-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9339946)
Last legit QB prospect not to have a pro day?

Exactly. That's just idiocy.

Andrew Luck had a pro day. Eli Manning had a pro day. Geno Smith will have a pro day.

O.city 01-21-2013 07:02 PM

He may not throw at the combine, probably won't.

I'd say the reason he is at IMB or wherever is that whoever can come in and watch him throw whenever they want.

hometeam 01-21-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9339939)
He will have a pro day. He wont throw at the combine though I wouldnt think.

I think he will throw at both his Pro Day and at the combine.

Mr. Laz 01-21-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9339941)
Doubtful.

But I'm sure he is going to at least have a pro day
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't know, seems like some of the players have been avoiding their school pro days because it's not catered specially for them.

Sometimes they just have their own private workout day.

Mr. Laz 01-21-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9339969)
I think he will throw at both his Pro Day and at the combine.

If he is not going to the bowls etc then what makes you think he will do anything at the combine besides get measured?

He's more likely to run at the combine than throw.

O.city 01-21-2013 07:14 PM

He'll probably do everything at the combine but throw.

Rambozo 01-21-2013 07:24 PM

Throwing at the combine or at a pro day is so overrated it's crazy. It's like watching a model on the runway. If the chick looks good getting out of bed in the morning then she is hot. It's the same type of deal with QBs. The film speaks for itself as far as throwing the ball goes imo.

This is not a knock on Geno. It's a knock on evaluating QBs at the combine or at their pro days.

O.city 01-21-2013 07:29 PM

Eh, the combine and pro days are all about the mental aspect.

hometeam 01-21-2013 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9340016)
Throwing at the combine or at a pro day is so overrated it's crazy. It's like watching a model on the runway. If the chick looks good getting out of bed in the morning then she is hot. It's the same type of deal with QBs. The film speaks for itself as far as throwing the ball goes imo.

This is not a knock on Geno. It's a knock on evaluating QBs at the combine or at their pro days.

I agree, and this is why I think he will throw at both days. For a guy like him (and any really good accuracy QB) its gonna be like shooting fish in a barrel~

htismaqe 01-21-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9339974)
I don't know, seems like some of the players have been avoiding their school pro days because it's not catered specially for them.

Given that the other top prospects on his team are all WRs, I would imagine he'll just attend his team's pro day. It benefits him and them as well.

Mr. Laz 01-21-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9340052)
Given that the other top prospects on his team are all WRs, I would imagine he'll just attend his team's pro day. It benefits him and them as well.

good point

throwing to Bailey and Austin benefits them all

in fact he will probably feel obligated to work out for his teammates' draft status too.

ArrowheadMagic 01-21-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9340057)
good point

throwing to Bailey and Austin benefits them all

in fact he will probably feel obligated to work out for his teammates' draft status too.

Why throw at the combine with WR's you dont know? When you can at his pro day. I would think Geno does everything but throw at the combine. Really no reason to throw, more to lose at that point. But some will question his competitiveness.

SAUTO 01-21-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9339974)

as long as he works out I think he will be ok
Posted via Mobile Device

O.city 01-21-2013 08:11 PM

Maybe he took a gamble that by staying away from the SR bowl, all the other QB's will shit themselves and he'll rise by happenstance?

Saccopoo 01-21-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9340148)
Maybe he took a gamble that by staying away from the SR bowl, all the other QB's will shit themselves and he'll rise by happenstance?

There's no gamble.

The only thing he does at the Senior Bowl is hurt his stock and risk potential injury.

I'd rather have him working out full time at IMG with Weinke than jerking it around with a bunch of guys he's never played with for five days.

There's really not much else he needs to prove in terms of what he has and can accomplish on the field in a real time game setting. I think it's a much better thought process to begin working on fine tuning himself for the combine and beyond.

RunKC 01-21-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9340427)
There's no gamble.

The only thing he does at the Senior Bowl is hurt his stock and risk potential injury.

I'd rather have him working out full time at IMG with Weinke than jerking it around with a bunch of guys he's never played with for five days.

There's really not much else he needs to prove in terms of what he has and can accomplish on the field in a real time game setting. I think it's a much better thought process to begin working on fine tuning himself for the combine and beyond.

Or cement his status as the #1 QB by looking better than the other QB's with pads on?

aturnis 01-21-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9334796)
Weeden has a very good release and very good arm.

Except for the good arm part...

htismaqe 01-22-2013 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9340646)
Or cement his status as the #1 QB by looking better than the other QB's with pads on?

Could very well be unnecessary.

Simple fact is none of us know what teams have told him.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-22-2013 06:25 AM

By chance, has is it been said when Geno will have his pro day. Doesn't nfl network show the pro days for top prospects...?

Chiefnj2 01-22-2013 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9340427)
There's no gamble.

What a ridiculous notion. As a fan of the chiefs you should want a player to go out and prove himself, not a guy worried about his stock slipping.

htismaqe 01-22-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9340780)
What a ridiculous notion. As a fan of the chiefs you should want a player to go out and prove himself, not a guy worried about his stock slipping.

Prove himself in the SENIOR BOWL?

Talk about ridiculous notions...

Bewbies 01-22-2013 07:21 AM

LMAO

If you're a top 5 pick already you gain nothing by working out in Mobile. Nothing.

the Talking Can 01-22-2013 07:27 AM

a compilation of scout's opinions from April of last year...fyi

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/148026515.html

Quote:

ROBERT GRIFFIN III Baylor 6-2½ 223 4.36 1

Recruited by some schools as a WR or safety but signed with Houston coach Art Briles as a QB and then followed him to Baylor. "Very impressed in every aspect," one scout said. "Athletically, which is a given because he was a big-time track star in the state of Texas. He carries himself very well. A tremendous leader." Fourth-year junior led Bears to 10-3 season in 2011 and 22-18 mark overall. "He's phenomenal," another scout said. "He's going to need technique work and fundamentals. But you cannot lose the fact that he's got feet, touch downfield with accuracy, a strong arm. He's charismatic and smart as (expletive)." Hails from Copperas Cove, Texas.

"Everybody is just assuming because of the Heisman and the socks and all that bs. . . . they are ignoring a lot of bad tape that he's had," a third scout said. "I don't think he has vision or pocket feel, which to me are the two most important components of quarterbacking. He's just running around winging it. He's (Michael) Vick, but not as good a thrower." Finished with passer rating of 110.1 and 2,254 yards rushing (33 TDs). "He has better arm action and is more accurate with his deep ball, but he's not as good as Cam Newton," a fourth scout said. "As much as is written about his athleticism, his athleticism under duress in the pocket isn't even close to Cam Newton's. This guy, the only way he gets big plays with his feet is if he's got a wide-open field and the sea opens for him. He's got a little bit of a selfish streak, too. Everybody was laying on Cam, but for some reason this guy has become gloves off. He doesn't treat anybody good." Another scout also questioned the way Griffin deals with people.
Quote:

RUSSELL WILSON Wisconsin 5-10½ 205 4.54 3-4

"You've got to have a plan and a package for him," one scout said. "I put him in the fifth round, but he's a hell of an athlete. Third round would not surprise me. At all. But there's only been one Doug Flutie." Measured under 5-11 at the Senior Bowl and combine, a full 1 1/2 inches shorter than Drew Brees. "Someone will give him a look-see," said Reiprish. "We're talking about Drew Brees being borderline short. He's a solid player in a good offense that's pretty quarterback-friendly when you can run the ball the way they do. This kid's athletic. I'd be just guessing as to what he can do." Started for three seasons at North Carolina State, graduated and posted one of the best seasons ever by a Badgers QB. "He's been one of my favorite players to watch," one scout said. "He was the best interview out of the 60 guys we had (at the combine). It wasn't even close. I think he's got a chance, I really do." Wonderlic of 28, passer rating of 101.7. From Richmond, Va. "Everything they do they have to five- and seven-step drop and shotgun so he has space to see anything," another scout said. "He can't do the three-step passing game, OK? That's a problem. Awesome guy. Great story. If guys like Seneca Wallace can be a No. 2, so can he."