ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Brad Pitt & World War Z (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254622)

Sorter 11-09-2012 01:46 PM

http://www.pohrani.com/f/2I/PN/1s6xA...2421378764.gif

http://www.pohrani.com/f/2J/aN/2LYX2...2421035992.gif

http://www.pohrani.com/f/6/10c/2XIeM...2418780984.gif

http://www.pohrani.com/f/Z/A6/4UJioI...2422784543.gif

Nvm, the CGI looks turrible.

Ebolapox 11-09-2012 03:24 PM

I mean... if you want crazy zombies, look for a ****ing resident evil movie.

and it wasn't the battle of yonkers, it was the slow march east IIRC. the battle of yonkers is where they realized that all the firepower in their arsenal wasn't SHIT against the zombies.

ThaVirus 11-09-2012 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by h5n1 (Post 9101695)
I mean... if you want crazy zombies, look for a ****ing resident evil movie.

and it wasn't the battle of yonkers, it was the slow march east IIRC. the battle of yonkers is where they realized that all the firepower in their arsenal wasn't SHIT against the zombies.

**** Resident Evil in the ass with a rusty butter knife. That franchise was shit from the start and only got wierder (and more trash) with each installment.

I don't need mutated freak zombies. I thought Dawn of the Dead and 28 Days/Weeks pulled it off perfectly. I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

KCUnited 11-09-2012 06:31 PM

It's been a while since I've read the book, my expectations were that it would be grossly adapted, but I am hoping for some spots of humor/cliche and not a super serious zombie movie. That's what it looks like though.

Tribal Warfare 11-09-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9102164)
**** Resident Evil in the ass with a rusty butter knife. That franchise was shit from the start and only got wierder (and more trash) with each installment.

I don't need mutated freak zombies. I thought Dawn of the Dead and 28 Days/Weeks pulled it off perfectly. I wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

yep, virus induced crazed maniacs.

Easy 6 11-09-2012 06:51 PM

I dont get the disdain for fast zombies, it ups the ante in a big way.

guitarmy21b 11-09-2012 06:53 PM

I don't mind fast zombies, but when it looks like you got tidal waves of zombies in the movie that looks a little silly.

Tribal Warfare 11-09-2012 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guitarmy21b (Post 9102247)
I don't mind fast zombies, but when it looks like you got tidal waves of zombies in the movie that looks a little silly.

IMO, it was suppose to simulate an influx of vermin like a legion of rats in a hallway.

guitarmy21b 11-09-2012 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9102269)
IMO, it was suppose to simulate an influx of vermin like a legion of rats in a hallway.

Yeah, I get it...I dunno though, something about this movie seems iffy. I haven't read the book other than the first chapter, but it seems to me if you didn't know the movie was about zombies and then watched the trailer it's hard to tell what the hell the movie is about other than Brad Pitt looking pretty and lots of bullets being fired. Kind of remind of War of the Worlds...where it's like "Hey, we need you to save the world...what are your qualifications? Doesn't matter, you're Tom Cruise!"

Sorter 11-09-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

This. I love fast zombies, but WTF did I watch in those gifs? lol

KcMizzou 11-09-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

To me, that's what makes it interesting.

We've seen hordes of slow zombies. That's scary. It's just the sense of inevitability. You're out numbered... eventually, you'll be overwhelmed.

We've seen the fast version, and they're scary because any one of them could take you out at any time.

We've never seen a horde of fast zombies. To me that's intriguing. The horde moves like a flock of birds, almost a hive mind kinda thing.

I like this...

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9100829)
The zombies move like flowing water.

To me, that's not only new and interesting, it's ****ing terrifying.

It's just that there are so many of them.

Ceej 11-10-2012 07:29 AM

I agree.

To some zombie movies may be a little overdone. So, the challenge to think of something new is always there.

Quick moving zombies, which move like a tidal wave intrigue the shit out of me.

It's something new and different.

notorious 11-10-2012 07:42 AM

Zombies can't be faster and stronger than what their muscles allow.

This is becoming FAIL pretty quick.

Ceej 11-10-2012 07:55 AM

I must be a zombie nut.

I enjoy slow and fast zombies.

:shrug:

Bowser 11-10-2012 07:43 PM

Maybe the freshly dead/infected still have enough physical ability to pull off a mile sprint, and just degrade over time?

Bowser 11-10-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 9103030)
I must be a zombie nut.

I enjoy slow and fast zombies.

:shrug:

The Walking Dead nails it, imo. The more zombies that are in a group, the more focused and faster they are. Maybe the scenes we saw just took that idea and ran with it.

NewChief 11-12-2012 11:21 AM

So I finally saw this full trailer.

The movie looks good, but the title is about the only relationship it seems to share with the book.

siberian khatru 11-13-2012 02:01 PM

After watching the trailer with my oldest son, and showing him this thread, we both had the same comment: The zombies don't so much look like a tidal wave to us as ... a swarm of ants.

Insects, not water.

That made it creepier to us.

okoye35chiefs 11-13-2012 02:12 PM

World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War is a 2006 post-apocalyptic horror novel by Max Brooks. It is a follow-up to his 2003 book, The Zombie Survival Guide.

Read both, pretty good...

kaplin42 11-13-2012 02:12 PM

The main point is though, THAT is not WWZ. That is just some zombie flick with Pitt in it. I wanted to see WWZ.

NewChief 11-13-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 9115784)
The main point is though, THAT is not WWZ. That is just some zombie flick with Pitt in it. I wanted to see WWZ.

We knew from the get-go, though, that the narrative style of WWZ would create problems for a movie. The best approximation would have probably been to have done a "found footage" type film.

I agree that it's certainly NOT even an adaptation of WWZ the book, though. It looks to just shares a name with it.

notorious 11-14-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9116077)
We knew from the get-go, though, that the narrative style of WWZ would create problems for a movie. The best approximation would have probably been to have done a "found footage" type film.

I agree that it's certainly NOT even an adaptation of WWZ the book, though. It looks to just shares a name with it.

I was thinking that Z should be a "Pulp Fiction" type movie.

Everything is seperate but tied together in the end.

blaise 11-14-2012 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 9091832)
Hollywood milked the vampire thing dry...

Now it's zombies

snore.....

Zombies were always better than vampires. Vampires are mostly for teen girls.

NewChief 11-14-2012 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaise (Post 9117925)
Zombies were always better than vampires. Vampires are mostly for teen girls.

Did you read Cronin's The Passage? It's going to be a movie as well, and it's a pretty excellent treatment of vamps. It sort of combines the best of both worlds, though. The dark psychological horror of vampires with the postapocalyptic milieu of zombies (similar to I am Legend).

blaise 11-14-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9117947)
Did you read Cronin's The Passage? It's going to be a movie as well, and it's a pretty excellent treatment of vamps. It sort of combines the best of both worlds, though. The dark psychological horror of vampires with the postapocalyptic milieu of zombies (similar to I am Legend).

No, but I could probably enjoy that.

On a side note - I don't think the well on zombies movies will run dry for quite a while, though. Some stories will just be better than others. It's a survival tale, first, really. The good ones anyway. The zombies are sort of a plot device to get the characters to the point where they're in a constant state of fighting to survive.

lawrenceRaider 11-14-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9103017)
Zombies can't be faster and stronger than what their muscles allow.

This is becoming FAIL pretty quick.

Is that kind of like a woman who "can't" lift a car off her child, yet does so anyway? People are capable of great feats of strength when they lose the blocks put in place to keep us from hurting ourselves. Zombies should be that way as well because they have no preservation instinct left, only the will to spread the disease and eat.

notorious 11-14-2012 09:46 AM

Walking Zombies are popular because most people have some romantic vision that it would be easy and fun to survive in that world.

If it really happened, it would be more like Walking Dead. Vast numbers, unpredictablility along with non-stop threat would wear out most people quickly.

Running Zombies aren't as fun because they would steam-roll everything within hours. Nothing would stop them short of a Nuke within the first few minutes of an outbreak.

beach tribe 11-14-2012 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 9118003)
Is that kind of like a woman who "can't" lift a car off her child, yet does so anyway? People are capable of great feats of strength when they lose the blocks put in place to keep us from hurting ourselves. Zombies should be that way as well because they have no preservation instinct left, only the will to spread the disease and eat.

Exactly what I was thinking. If you took pain out of it, a pycho zombie could do a lot of shit. Kind of like PCP or Bath salt nut jobs. The cops said the bath salts people were as strong as 5 men.
I like slow zombies, running zombies whatever, but my true view of a zombie is they are human like, and deteriorate over time whether they eat or not because they are dead. I guess my closest view of zombies would be Dawn of the Dead.
Those ****ers run, and that's considered one of the best zombie movies out there..

beach tribe 11-14-2012 11:06 AM

I LOVE zombie movies, but here is the whole problem with the zombie theory. It wouldn't spread like you think it would. In every zombie movie, the zombies are super hungry, and want nothing but flesh. So once there were 10-20 zombies, they wouldn't be making a whole lot more, because whoever they caught would get picked CLEAN. There wouldn't be anything left to turn into a zombie.

BWillie 11-14-2012 02:54 PM

Zombie movies are utterly stupid. Very odd that the masses think they are cool just cuz of video games. Only way zombie movies are somewhat entertaining, is if it is a comedy. Just way to cheese to be drama

NewChief 11-14-2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 9118200)
I LOVE zombie movies, but here is the whole problem with the zombie theory. It wouldn't spread like you think it would. In every zombie movie, the zombies are super hungry, and want nothing but flesh. So once there were 10-20 zombies, they wouldn't be making a whole lot more, because whoever they caught would get picked CLEAN. There wouldn't be anything left to turn into a zombie.

Walking Dead explains. Zombies don't actually eat for nourishment. As such, they don't need to eat flesh, they're only compelled to eat flesh. The only flesh they're compelled to eat, in the Walking Dead, is flesh that is living or very fresh. So, in effect, once the victim dies, they start to "turn off" from eating the victim. I do agree that there would be way more zombies that are half eaten (possibly missing legs/arms/etc...).

NewChief 11-14-2012 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 9118711)
Zombie movies are utterly stupid. Very odd that the masses think they are cool just cuz of video games. Only way zombie movies are somewhat entertaining, is if it is a comedy. Just way to cheese to be drama

I'm not sure what video games have to do with the current surge in zombie interest in our culture. I think you're putting the chicken before the egg.

lawrenceRaider 11-14-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9118860)
Walking Dead explains. Zombies don't actually eat for nourishment. As such, they don't need to eat flesh, they're only compelled to eat flesh. The only flesh they're compelled to eat, in the Walking Dead, is flesh that is living or very fresh. So, in effect, once the victim dies, they start to "turn off" from eating the victim. I do agree that there would be way more zombies that are half eaten (possibly missing legs/arms/etc...).

Virus based zombies would spread pretty fast. Just think about how quickly flu spreads every year.

Sure-Oz 11-14-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie007 (Post 9118711)

The Walking Dead has been my sole reason for getting into zombie stuff lately. It has been cheesy for a long time.

mdchiefsfan 11-15-2012 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9102700)
To me, that's what makes it interesting.

We've seen hordes of slow zombies. That's scary. It's just the sense of inevitability. You're out numbered... eventually, you'll be overwhelmed.

We've seen the fast version, and they're scary because any one of them could take you out at any time.

We've never seen a horde of fast zombies. To me that's intriguing. The horde moves like a flock of birds, almost a hive mind kinda thing.

I like this...

To me, that's not only new and interesting, it's ****ing terrifying.

It's just that there are so many of them.

Not just that, but they are tactical; using each other to scale walls and such. **** THAT!!

Micjones 11-15-2012 09:23 PM

Just saw the trailer. Had no idea it was about zombies.
I'm uninterested now.

Tribal Warfare 01-31-2013 09:25 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/SMUaymY6_Ek?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fishpicker 01-31-2013 09:32 PM

ick. the trailer looks piss poor. will not watch

notorious 01-31-2013 09:37 PM

They really are just using the name.

It looks nothing like how the book reads.

Ceej 01-31-2013 11:53 PM

Yuuuuuup.

I will still be seeing this in theaters.

DaneMcCloud 02-01-2013 02:38 AM

This is going to be an EPIC disaster.

They had $175 million in this piece of shit and instead of walking away, the invested another $50 million, fired the director, brought in new editors, re-shot scenes, etc.

If it isn't "Waterworld", I'll be shocked.

Deberg_1990 02-01-2013 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9369466)

They had $175 million in this piece of shit and instead of walking away, the invested another $50 million, fired the director, brought in new editors, re-shot scenes, etc.

I think the trailer looks interesting....but yea, its had alot of problems. It was supposed to open last year.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 02-03-2013 12:28 PM

I would think zombies would just be like Charlie Brown's pigpen. Instead of dust they would be surrounded in a clould of flies. The maggots would take them in 3 days if the vultures hadn't already.

notorious 02-03-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 9374498)
I would think zombies would just be like Charlie Brown's pigpen. Instead of dust they would be surrounded in a clould of flies. The maggots would take them in 3 days if the vultures hadn't already.

:hmmm:

ThaVirus 02-03-2013 12:40 PM

Pretty much every zombie book I've ever read says animals and insects steer clear of the infected flesh.

Might not make a lot of sense, but its necessary to keep them chugging.

Deberg_1990 03-27-2013 07:50 AM

New trailer. I have no idea if this is like the book, but the movie looks like hes a doctor globetrotting the world trying to find a cure.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4EC7P5WdUko" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

lawrenceRaider 03-27-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9369466)

Probably, but I'm still going to see it. Not in the theatre, but when it's on streaming at Amazon.

Rausch 03-27-2013 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9532495)
New trailer. I have no idea if this is like the book, but the movie looks like hes a doctor globetrotting the world trying to find a cure.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4EC7P5WdUko" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Not like the book.

I'd recommend it. Quick read and I think I got it for like $5 on Amazon...

lawrenceRaider 03-27-2013 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9532495)

The character Brad Pitt is playing, globe trotted AFTER they "reclaimed" the world from the zombies, not during the outbreak/war.

Rausch 03-27-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 9532506)
The character Brad Pitt is playing, globe trotted AFTER they "reclaimed" the world from the zombies, not during the outbreak/war.

And IIRC he was a reporter or collecting info for a govt. report or something. For some reason he felt personally compelled to "write" it.

NewChief 03-27-2013 09:10 AM

It annoys me so badly that they named this World War Z. It looks like a perfectly decent semi-zombie apocalyptic flick, but it appears to have absolutely zero relationship with the book. None at all.

Fish 03-27-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9532645)
It annoys me so badly that they named this World War Z. It looks like a perfectly decent semi-zombie apocalyptic flick, but it appears to have absolutely zero relationship with the book. None at all.

This. Why even bother to pay for the rights to the name of the book, when it has so little to do with the actual book?

Bowser 03-27-2013 10:29 AM

As far as it being an apocolyptic zombie movie, it looks decent enough to stand on its own. As far as it being related to World War Z, it looks anything but.

I'm sure it's been covered somewhere in the thread, but the zombies from World War Z were of the slow lumbering type, not the 28 Days Later version. And has been mentioned, the WWZ story is about a reporter traveling the world reporting on how humanity survived after the fact, not as it breaks out.

Maybe Bradd Pitt's character is one of the soldiers depicted in one of the short stories of the book, telling his story alone?

Swanman 03-27-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9532846)
As far as it being an apocolyptic zombie movie, it looks decent enough to stand on its own. As far as it being related to World War Z, it looks anything but.

I'm sure it's been covered somewhere in the thread, but the zombies from World War Z were of the slow lumbering type, not the 28 Days Later version. And has been mentioned, the WWZ story is about a reporter traveling the world reporting on how humanity survived after the fact, not as it breaks out.

Maybe Bradd Pitt's character is one of the soldiers depicted in one of the short stories of the book, telling his story alone?

From the trailer, they did get one thing right. People did mass on aircraft carriers in the book after the outbreak. Other than that, the book is nothing but a bunch of first-hand accounts of the zombie war from many different aspects, put together by an author after the war had ended.

ThaVirus 03-27-2013 04:13 PM

New trailer looks decent, I guess. Nothing like the book, but I'm ok with that. I pretty much figured they'd take some liberties in plot reconstruction anyway. Having the World War Z name was just that; a way to boost excitement and ticket sales.

It looks like there will be a shit ton of chaos and that airplane scene at the end looks intense. Plus Brad Pitt's the ****ing man so I'll definitely be checking this out.

I do wonder what is up with 1:58 though. The kid ducking down is clearly not infected while the others stampeding clearly are, yet they don't bother him. They actually run around him.

Easy 6 03-27-2013 04:16 PM

They need to just release the damn thing already.

Sorter 03-28-2013 01:41 PM

2nd trailer was better.

Still looks like too much/shitty CGI.

Ceej 03-28-2013 04:57 PM

I'm still going to go see this in theater.

Guilty.

Brock 03-28-2013 05:27 PM

Looks interesting. The fact that it's taken so long isn't a good sign though.

ShowtimeSBMVP 04-30-2013 01:33 PM

Brad Pitt's 'World War Z' cost $200 million, endured filming woes

Published April 30, 2013

The Talented and Charming Brad Pitt

Brad Pitt's well-known roles and better known women.

Brad Pitt’s mega-movie “World War Z” has had a bumpy road.

In the latest issue of Vanity Fair, producers of the zombie film discussed the complications the movie has experienced, which include delays, budgeting woes and having to reshoot its entire ending.

PHOTOS: Brad Pitt through the years

President of production at Paramount Marc Evans told the magazine he realized there was a major issue with the film after the screening of the director’s cut.

“It was, like, Wow. The ending of our movie doesn’t work,” Evans said. “I believed in that moment we needed to reshoot the movie. We were going to have long, significant discussions to fix this.”

In the end, the team decided that just the ending of the film needed to be redone. The problem? The film had already run way over budget.

Evans said the movie ran into money woes early on, while filming in Malta. He said the wrap-up crew found a neglected stack of purchase orders that totaled millions of dollars. The extra money spent was an “unthinkable action,” he said.

“It was literally insane. Adam [Goodman, president of the Paramount Film Group] and I believed we’d gotten out of Malta good, and I found out we weren’t. That is a nightmare.”

Screenwriter Damon Lindelof’s said he was impressed Paramount supported reshooting the ending of the film after so much money had already been spent. But he said the company “completely and totally embraced” the much-needed changes to the film.

One thing Paramount was strict about, however, was the rating of the film.

“There was always a challenge to keep it PG-13, where Brad wanted to go for it,” a person involved in the film told Vanity Fair. “The question was: How graphic can it be and get the rating?”

The source added that Pitt “just wanted it to be cool.”

The zombie flick ended up costing about $200 million, and it is set for a June 2013 release, according to IMDB.

Click here for more from Vanity Fair

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...#ixzz2RycD0VLc

Deberg_1990 04-30-2013 04:46 PM

No way this makes its money back. Probably opens big them drops off hard. Who wants PG13 zombies?
Posted via Mobile Device

Rausch 04-30-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9646659)
No way this makes its money back. Probably opens big them drops off hard. Who wants PG13 zombies?
Posted via Mobile Device

Brad Pitt...

notorious 04-30-2013 08:12 PM

PG 13 zombies.

What's next? Rated R Porn? :facepalm:

Bowser 05-01-2013 09:51 AM

200 million on a movie that appears to be in no way associated with the very popular book it was made after, and a PG-13 rating to boot.

I smell a disaster waiting to happen.

Fairplay 05-25-2013 09:48 AM

Been seeing commercials for the movie on tv, can't wait to see it.

Rausch 05-25-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9648417)
200 million on a movie that appears to be in no way associated with the very popular book it was made after, and a PG-13 rating to boot.

I smell a disaster waiting to happen.

That...

Sure-Oz 05-25-2013 12:47 PM

Someone really needs to make a World War Z movie

Rausch 05-25-2013 03:00 PM

Thanks for that...

notorious 05-25-2013 04:40 PM

I just finished "Omega Days" book, and it was better than World War Z.

It would make a great movie.

BWillie 05-26-2013 06:29 PM

This zombie fad is getting out of control. Its so stupid. I saw something on the history channel last night that had hand picked professors and scientists claiming a zombie apocalyse could actually happen. Bullshhhhhhttt. Willl could and never will happen. So stupid

Fairplay 05-26-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9711369)
This zombie fad is getting out of control. Its so stupid. I saw something on the history channel last night that had hand picked professors and scientists claiming a zombie apocalyse could actually happen. Bullshhhhhhttt. Willl could and never will happen. So stupid

In a sense it could happen, suppose a disease is unleashed and spreads like a common cold and it is like a horrible aids type virus. Suppose it gets to the point where going out in public could very well get you infected. Soon it would be the us against them mentality, paranoia over who is infected and who isn't would set in. Everyday living turns into chaos, no more 9-5 job you are living for your survival at this point. Going out in public is not an option, those that have the terminal disease see the ones not infected as the enemy and they start attacking them.

Is this a possibility in this day, I would say yes.

BWillie 05-26-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9711386)
In a sense it could happen, suppose a disease is unleashed and spreads like a common cold and it is like a horrible aids type virus. Suppose it gets to the point where going out in public could very well get you infected. Soon it would be the us against them mentality, paranoia over who is infected and who isn't would set in. Everyday living turns into chaos, no more 9-5 job you are living for your survival at this point. Going out in public is not an option, those that have the terminal disease see the ones not infected as the enemy and they start attacking them.

You think a virus is going to make humans eat other humans? Really

kaplin42 05-26-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 9711369)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9711386)

There is this form of a virus called a Prion that can cause traditional zombie-esque symptoms. Uncoordinated movement, highly aggressive nature, can't really think at a high level, so one would only follow basic level instincts, like attacking and eating everyting.

Zombies coming back from the dead and devouring the human race, not so much, but a biological weapon, or natural, but yet undiscovered disease, probably a lot more possible than you would really want to think about.

Ebolapox 05-26-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 9711674)
There is this form of a virus called a Prion that can cause traditional zombie-esque symptoms. Uncoordinated movement, highly aggressive nature, can't really think at a high level, so one would only follow basic level instincts, like attacking and eating everyting.

Zombies coming back from the dead and devouring the human race, not so much, but a biological weapon, or natural, but yet undiscovered disease, probably a lot more possible than you would really want to think about.

few things...

1) a prion is NOT a virus. it is a misfolded protein that causes other proteins to be misfolded, causing aggregates in brain tissue.

2) that isn't really the best characterization of symptoms of prions, actually. aggression isn't really noted (aside from a bit of psychosis) and 'basic level instincts' also isn't completely accurate.

3) Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease is a prion that infects humans, but it's not easily spread--it's only spread by ingesting/eating the prion (usually among tribes that eat brain matter).

Rausch 05-28-2013 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9711798)

3) Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease is a prion that infects humans, but it's not easily spread--it's only spread by ingesting/eating the prion (usually among tribes that eat brain matter).

I didn't think it was known exactly how much (or how little) prion infected food one needed to eat to develop the disease.

Setsuna 05-28-2013 10:49 PM

It almost looks comical with how they portray the insane people. They look like they have a fetish to jump everywhere like fish out of water. What a terrible idea for a movie.

Otter 06-10-2013 08:46 PM

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Hollywo...ts-world-war-z

beach tribe 06-11-2013 09:41 AM

Mad-Cow is a prion..no?

AphexPhin 06-11-2013 09:55 AM

lol at CHina. Eff them.

Anyway this is getting decent reviews and I normally pay to see Pitt films in theaters so I'll give it a go.

I think its pretty cool of Brad Pitt to be going across the country and surprising World War Z fans at the pre screenings. Dude is the man.

Fairplay 06-12-2013 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AphexPhin (Post 9743866)
lol at CHina. Eff them.

Anyway this is getting decent reviews and I normally pay to see Pitt films in theaters so I'll give it a go.

I think its pretty cool of Brad Pitt to be going across the country and surprising World War Z fans at the pre screenings. Dude is the man.

They also said the Titanic was going to be a dud. :)