ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D....this fall on ABC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272969)

AustinChief 10-08-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 10066039)
This show sucks.

I really want it to succeed.

I wouldn't say it "sucks" but just like Sleepy Hollow it's a MASSIVE disappointment given what it could be.

Ok so yeah it kinda sucks.

Silock 10-09-2013 01:17 AM

IMO, Sleepy Hollow sucks, too. I'm on the third episode right now, trying to force myself to watch and I just want to turn it off.

Pitt Gorilla 10-09-2013 11:43 AM

With Shield, I like the show, but don't care for a few of the actors. The kid playing the "muscle" of the group is utterly forgettable. Fitz and Simmons are just about as uninteresting as him. The pilot, Sky, and New Adventures of Old Christine are all fine.

Buehler445 10-09-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10067044)
With Shield, I like the show, but don't care for a few of the actors. The kid playing the "muscle" of the group is utterly forgettable. Fitz and Simmons are just about as uninteresting as him. The pilot, Sky, and New Adventures of Old Christine are all fine.

I'll give wheedon time. You could have said the same thing about most of the firefly cast 3 episodes in.

Mr. Laz 10-09-2013 12:14 PM

it feels pretty empty so far

the hacker chick is hot though

Pitt Gorilla 10-09-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10067108)
I'll give wheedon time. You could have said the same thing about most of the firefly cast 3 episodes in.

Disagree. Firefly did a much better job of establishing character early on. However, I'm not sure it matters. The actor that plays the badass dude is simply miscast, IMO. A friend and I have been trying to figure out who could fill that role, but we've come up with nothing. The current actor is bringing the show down, IMO.

Rausch 10-09-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

And it got cancelled...

Mr Luzcious 10-09-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

The cast of Agents feels really generic to me. That wasn't the case with Firefly.
The setting of the latter was more interesting too. Not that Agents doesn't have potential.. but they are definitely squandering it so far.

It's much, much more watchable than Sleepy Hollow, though.

keg in kc 10-09-2013 05:15 PM

The only character I don't like so far is the "I'm not a team player" male lead, but they're already starting to humanize him.

Fast overnights say ratings were down again, but not freefall like last week. 7.79 million (down from 8.66). 2nd highest rating of the night 18-49 at 2.8. Just a guess, but I would imagine that's about where it will stabilize. Looks like basically everything on the the air was down for the night.

Anyong Bluth 10-09-2013 09:25 PM

Has it gotten any better or still a snoozer?

I even like Coulsen and may be my 1 interest being peaked, but that pilot episode just kinda dragged, and I hope to got its not an episodic setup with these mini bad guys they take down each week so there's a resolution nicely wrapped with a bow on top each week?

Give me an overarching plot line - like Alias. That show had a terrific building overall plot that was able to fit within the structure of weekly subplots in a great way- until they purposely dumbed it down because viewers thought it was getting to complex.

Truly one of the more disappointing turns for a show that started to hit its stride and could have done great things only to have the network step in and force them to dumb it down.

Fat Elvis 10-09-2013 09:34 PM

I was hoping for really good things from this show, and I suppose the best thing about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is that The Goldbergs is on immediately after it.

keg in kc 10-09-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 10068675)
I was hoping for really good things from this show, and I suppose the best thing about Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is that The Goldbergs is on immediately after it.

I tried to watch that, and lasted about 2 minutes. Just god awful.

mnchiefsguy 10-10-2013 02:43 PM

The show officially got picked up for a full first season, according to their facebook page, so ABC must be pleased with the numbers.

Anyong Bluth 10-10-2013 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 10070417)
The show officially got picked up for a full first season, according to their facebook page, so ABC must be pleased with the numbers.

I'm sure they get good numbers, there's enough comic book super hero buzz and they promote the show a ton, that I'm sure plenty of viewers will tune even if the show is a pretty weak offering. They'll probably have enough of an audience of younger viewers to keep a fairly good base, but it may struggle to keep older viewers wanting to continue to tune in?

Jamie 10-10-2013 04:11 PM

With the exception of Firefly, all Whedon shows have taken a while to get their legs underneath them. Hopefully they'll get into a season arc soon, assuming ABC is letting them do one.