ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D....this fall on ABC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272969)

keg in kc 10-02-2013 05:09 PM

Final ratings were adjusted up slightly to a 3.3, which is still a huge drop from 4.7. 29% drop in viewers (12.12 to 8.66m).

I'm guessing it will be a heavily DVR'd show, however, regardless of how much they're pushing the "watch it live" stuff. They were advertising "20 million viewers the first week" during Castle Monday night, which means they had about +8 million views after the pilot's live airing.

I liked the 2nd episode more than the pilot, but that won't mean anything as far as retention. I don't have everyone slaved to my TV.

Next week will be interesting, first NCIS without Cote de Pablo.

(Regarding NCIS, their ratings were actually very slightly down from the season premiere, even being Ziva's last night.)

Still, I'm not sure I understand the logic of premiering any show against two competing networks' juggernauts.

Fish 10-02-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 10039614)
On the subject of Coulson's resurrection,
Spoiler!

He's a robot....

Buehler445 10-02-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10039914)
I thought episode two was badass. If the show continues to maintain, it's a hit.

If it continues to ascend, it's a mega-hit.

Either way, I'm loving it.

On a side note, wasn't Coulson's aside to what's her name in reference to Ed Norton's Hulk?

Ah! That makes good sense. I'm just resigned to the fact that I'm going to miss a lot of those little plot plugs. But the ones I do get add a lot of value.

Buehler445 10-02-2013 10:36 PM

Regarding the ratings drop, what is the threshold of the show being in "trouble" ratings-wise? I know virtually nothing about the ratings systems.

Psyko Tek 10-02-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10039914)
I thought episode two was badass. If the show continues to maintain, it's a hit.

If it continues to ascend, it's a mega-hit.

Either way, I'm loving it.

On a side note, wasn't Coulson's aside to what's her name in reference to Ed Norton's Hulk?

what;'s her name missed it?
I liked it better than the first
and the cameo was fun

Psyko Tek 10-02-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10042266)
He's a robot....

no he is not

Spoiler!

you get a no prize

DaneMcCloud 10-02-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 10042278)
what;'s her name missed it?
I liked it better than the first
and the cameo was fun

Camilla, the Peruvian chick that Coulson banged in the past.

Coulson thank her for her help with the past "issue", which I took to be the Ed Norton Hulk.

Aries Walker 10-03-2013 05:03 AM

It's actually Cecelia Reyes. She's a character in the comics who is nothing like she was in the show.

ragedogg69 10-03-2013 07:13 AM

I really hope they dive into the characters this next couple of episodes. Right now, the team is very generic. I feel they could all die on a mission and be okay starting over with a new team. Coulson and the pilot are the only characters that are at all interesting.

Also, Warming Glow pointed out that the past episode really didnt need to take place in the marvel universe. Replace they Hydra thing for a nuclear weapon, and it a generic Alias plotline from years ago.

whoman69 10-03-2013 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10040867)
The ratings dropped a whopping 33% over the pilot.

I didn't think the pilot was "great" or even "good" but I didn't expect such a drastic drop, especially when Sleepy Hollow is somehow holding its ratings, yet that show is unwatchable, IMO.

Perhaps they consider Sleepy Hollow something different.

Rausch 10-08-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ragedogg69 (Post 10042629)
I really hope they dive into the characters this next couple of episodes. Right now, the team is very generic. I feel they could all die on a mission and be okay starting over with a new team. Coulson and the pilot are the only characters that are at all interesting.

Also, Warming Glow pointed out that the past episode really didnt need to take place in the marvel universe. Replace they Hydra thing for a nuclear weapon, and it a generic Alias plotline from years ago.

Right now this will be axed by midseason.

Oh, and it looks like they introduced Graviton in this ep...

http://dreager1.files.wordpress.com/...iton_super.jpg

http://marvel.com/universe/Graviton

Aries Walker 10-08-2013 07:09 PM

Oh yeah. They totally did. They had announced that Franklin Hall would show up in this episode, so it wasn't a big surprise. They even set the start of it in Colorado, home of Thunderbolts Mountain.

And I think it will last, if for no other reason than ABC isn't exactly heavy on the big hit shows these days.

keg in kc 10-08-2013 11:08 PM

Ratings would most likely have to plummet a good bit further than they have so far for it to get axed. It's the 2nd highest rated show on the network right now, with a few programs still left to premiere.

keg in kc 10-08-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 10065094)
Oh, and it looks like they introduced Graviton in this ep...

Yep, seems they did.

Silock 10-08-2013 11:13 PM

This show sucks.

I really want it to succeed.