ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D....this fall on ABC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272969)

Buehler445 09-26-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10021493)
I didn't like The Avengers. But that said, I didn't say that I didn't like this show, but I do have a hard time understanding how it will move forward successfully in the absence of well-known Marvel superheroes.

I didn't care for the casting of Ming-Na. I like her as an actress, I just don't get her character. The two chickies were hotties and the other agent just "blah" to me.

Clark Gregg is the key and so far, he's delivered. But 24 episodes of Clark Gregg being the most interesting part of the show is a stretch, IMO.

That's fair. And probably accurate. But where I'm at, I can see it developing into a good show. But you're right, the other characters and the plot is going to have to do some heavy lifting.

Fish 09-26-2013 02:33 PM

Looked to me like they were trying to make it clear that this series will deal much more with the SHIELD agents than the actual popular superheroes we're used to. I'm wondering if we'll ever see any popular heroes like Iron Man, Hulk, or Thor. I'm guessing not....

DaneMcCloud 09-26-2013 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10022131)
Looked to me like they were trying to make it clear that this series will deal much more with the SHIELD agents than the actual popular superheroes we're used to. I'm wondering if we'll ever see any popular heroes like Iron Man, Hulk, or Thor. I'm guessing not....

From what I've heard the past day is Samuel L. Jackson would be up for a "Charlie" in Charlie's Angels type role, Colby Smulders is up for a recurring role but none of the movie stars have shown any interest in appearing, even in a cameo role.

whoman69 09-26-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10022131)

Probably pretty expensive to include them. Maybe Ant Man?!

Mr. Laz 09-26-2013 04:24 PM

just watched it

Sort of Men In Black meets Heroes

Pitt Gorilla 09-26-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10021493)
I didn't like The Avengers. But that said, I didn't say that I didn't like this show, but I do have a hard time understanding how it will move forward successfully in the absence of well-known Marvel superheroes.

I didn't care for the casting of Ming-Na. I like her as an actress, I just don't get her character. The two chickies were hotties and the other agent just "blah" to me.

Clark Gregg is the key and so far, he's delivered. But 24 episodes of Clark Gregg being the most interesting part of the show is a stretch, IMO.

I'm not really a Marvel guy, but I liked the show. I think major Marvel characters would prove a distraction from the team and their stories. I also like the fact that they can be chasing "new" heroes/villains each week while maintaining some other longer-term arcs.

Deberg_1990 09-28-2013 09:36 PM

Just finished watching. I thought it was decent. It definitely holds potential. I trust Whedon can mold and develop it. I like how they are tied into the Extremis stuff from IM3.

keg in kc 09-30-2013 09:09 PM

Sounds like they may be doing post-credits scenes like marvel movies have been doing. Rumor is the first one is tomorrow, with Samuel L. Jackson showing up as Fury.

keg in kc 10-01-2013 07:19 PM

Entertaining second ep. Feels like it's coming together.

CoMoChief 10-01-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10039162)

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/462...laughing-o.gif

Psyko Tek 10-01-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 10018710)
What, there aren't any marvel c team characters to put in the pilot?

I thought the super hero guty was gonna be Luke Cage
but not
I liked it
love the hacker chick

I waited all night
Spoiler!

Psyko Tek 10-01-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 10018822)
I'd be really surprised if Colbie Smulders makes a return appearance. I thought Coulson was way too glib. The explanation of his return was classic comic book murky. I don't think the Avengers tie-in is enough to keep this going.

they are called LMD( life model decoys) been in marvel since the 60's
did you see how fast coulson pulled away from the exploding door

he's a dupe and doesn't know it

Rausch 10-01-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10039162)

Ehhh....I'm a fanboy but I was underwhelmed...

Deberg_1990 10-01-2013 08:34 PM

Samuel L Jackson cameo?

keg in kc 10-01-2013 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 10039393)
Samuel L Jackson cameo?

Yeah. Though not a lot to it.