ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D....this fall on ABC (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272969)

unlurking 11-12-2013 09:34 PM

Arrow's OK, but the acting from the main character just seems wooden. I like the assistant, but even she seems a little forced. Now that Captain Harkness is gone, the show seems rather boring.

I'll take Agents of SHIELD over Arrow any day.

keg in kc 11-12-2013 09:37 PM

That's Captain Jack!

unlurking 11-12-2013 09:49 PM

:D

I didn't like Torchwood much. His character seemed to become too developed. In the Dr. Who episodes he was a lot more selfish/shallow. It worked.

007 11-13-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 10182557)
Arrow's OK, but the acting from the main character just seems wooden. I like the assistant, but even she seems a little forced. Now that Captain Harkness is gone, the show seems rather boring.

I'll take Agents of SHIELD over Arrow any day.

The HELL you say???!!!

I like Agents of SHIELD but Arrow is by far the better show.

Silock 11-13-2013 02:24 AM

:yawn: episode

kaplin42 11-13-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10183083)
The HELL you say???!!!

This.

Arrow is just better.

DaneMcCloud 11-13-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10183083)
The HELL you say???!!!

I've never watched Arrow but I'd sure hope so.

SHIELD is becoming increasingly more difficult to watch.

007 11-14-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10185874)
I've never watched Arrow but I'd sure hope so.

SHIELD is becoming increasingly more difficult to watch.

Arrow really follows the Nolan Batman format. Dark and serious but with just the right amount of low key humor.

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10186002)
Arrow really follows the Nolan Batman format. Dark and serious but with just the right amount of low key humor.

I'll look into it at some point. I am so far behind on shows.

I've been watching Breaking Bad this month and I'm just starting season three. I have to admit, I don't like the show much. None of the characters are appealing to me, and I'm not sympathetic towards any of them, at all. It's pretty disgusting and I don't relate, at all (unlike The
Sopranos, for example).

The only reason I'm watching at this point is the zeitgeist.

007 11-14-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10186008)
I'll look into it at some point. I am so far behind on shows.

I've been watching Breaking Bad this month and I'm just starting season three. I have to admit, I don't like the show much. None of the characters are appealing to me, and I'm not sympathetic towards any of them, at all. It's pretty disgusting and I don't relate, at all (unlike The
Sopranos, for example).

The only reason I'm watching at this point is the zeitgeist.

Yeah, I could not get into Breaking Bad either. I have to actually LIKE the characters to enjoy a show.

Arrow just showed up on Netflix last month so hopefully it will stay there for a while so you can check it out.

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10186014)
Yeah, I could not get into Breaking Bad either. I have to actually LIKE the characters to enjoy a show.

Arrow just showed up on Netflix last month so hopefully it will stay there for a while so you can check it out.

Yeah, I'm just hanging on by a thread. I have to force myself to watch it.

I'll probably keep Netflix through the holiday season because the kids are out of school, but I'll probably get rid of it in January. Hopefully, I'll have the energy to watch Arrow.

I've been procrastinating with BB for almost an hour now.

Buehler445 11-14-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10186021)
Yeah, I'm just hanging on by a thread. I have to force myself to watch it.

I'll probably keep Netflix through the holiday season because the kids are out of school, but I'll probably get rid of it in January. Hopefully, I'll have the energy to watch Arrow.

I've been procrastinating with BB for almost an hour now.

You're watching BB on Netflix?

Beef Supreme 11-14-2013 09:37 AM

Just put Breaking Bad on the back burner (I am an alliterative genious) and watch Arrow.

Valiant 11-14-2013 10:15 AM

I am guessing the agent was coulsens gf or wife. And gave the baby up. And the girl is his daughter. Then next season we learn she is not dead.

DaneMcCloud 11-14-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10186238)
You're watching BB on Netflix?

Yeah, I signed up for a free month of streaming. I watched episode one of season three last night and it was by far the best in the series to date, IMO.

I can understand completely why Breaking Bad was on the verge of cancellation its first two seasons. It was a very difficult watch compared to a program like Justified, which had me hooked from the first episode and has continued to improve through the life of the series.

Breaking Bad's first two seasons were very dark, slow dramas. Unlike Mad Men, I don't like or relate to any of the characters. With Mad Men, I'm just old enough to remember visiting my Dad's office in the late 60's and early 70's to recognize the decorum and overall workplace environment, along with the remembrances of historical events.

With BB, I got nothing, other than the promise that it's an amazing program.

Oh, and I must add that Netflix streaming service, in my experience, is poor. The picture quality is poor, streaming frequently bottle necks and even changing the settings in my account haven't helped. Compared to Amazon Prime's streaming, which has been nothing short of excellent, I give Netflix a D overall.