ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games MADDEN 15 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285335)

A Salt Weapon 07-30-2014 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 10774924)
PS2 madden is still the shit.

PS2 Madden>NFL 2k>NFL Gameday>PS3/PS4 madden

This right here. Madden has sucked since the ps3 came out.

GordonGekko 07-30-2014 08:58 AM

[QUOTE=Dayze;10775324]
I'm not sure why (assuming EA actually tries to put out a good game), but football appears to be the worst of the sports games . I"m not sure if it's due to massive challenges in programming/animations etc or what.
QUOTE]

What do you mean you don't know why? There is absolutely no competition for Madden and because the sheep love the NFL so much and love video games so much, the only option is to shell out $60 for Madden. With no competition EA has no incentive to be innovative. Football games used to be the shit, go back to Tecmo Bowl and up to PS2 Madden and NFL 2k. Those games were were literally like cocaine, just ****ing awesome.

Dayze 07-30-2014 09:01 AM

[QUOTE=GordonGekko;10775356]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10775324)
I'm not sure why (assuming EA actually tries to put out a good game), but football appears to be the worst of the sports games . I"m not sure if it's due to massive challenges in programming/animations etc or what.
QUOTE]

What do you mean you don't know why? There is absolutely no competition for Madden and because the sheep love the NFL so much and love video games so much, the only option is to shell out $60 for Madden. With no competition EA has no incentive to be innovative. Football games used to be the shit, go back to Tecmo Bowl and up to PS2 Madden and NFL 2k. Those games were were literally like cocaine, just ****ing awesome.

Yeah, I should've also typed the lack of competition as well.

The Franchise 07-30-2014 09:17 AM

I've said it before in other threads....but Madden went down hill as soon as Online play showed up.

Dayze 07-30-2014 09:19 AM

you know....that's a good point. :hmmm:

I'm not an online player (i have enough trouble with the CPU), but it seems like it starded going to shit about 6 years ago (if not longer)

The Franchise 07-30-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10775401)

I'm not an online player (i have enough trouble with the CPU), but it seems like it starded going to shit about 6 years ago (if not longer)

Before online play, all they had to worry about was Franchise mode. Online play came in and they had to make that awesome and it ended up taking away from the rest of the game. I've played maybe 10 games online in my entire Madden career. It's almost impossible to find someone who plays the game like it's supposed to be played.

GordonGekko 07-30-2014 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10775401)

For me, it was when the feature showed up where you actually *performed* the pre-draft workout, I guess Superstar mode. What a crock of shit.

Also it went downhill when the gameplay just became completely not fun. Also when they began to butcher Franchise mode and made it a skeleton of what it used to be.

So yeah, because of this, it has been probably 5 years since I paid to let EA shit in my mouth unlike some people here.

Jerm 07-30-2014 09:48 AM

After skipping last year, I'm actually excited for this year's version...kind scared I'll be let down again but with no NCAA this year, which frickin sucks, need a football game.

ragedogg69 07-30-2014 11:16 AM

If I could find updated rosters for Madden 2001 for my PS2 emulator, I would be so happy.

One thing about the history of Madden is every generation of consoles, EA would strip features from the game and add them back slowly.

I keep waiting for gamefly to sell used copies of NCAA for my football fix this year.

lcarus 07-30-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10775404)
Before online play, all they had to worry about was Franchise mode. Online play came in and they had to make that awesome and it ended up taking away from the rest of the game. I've played maybe 10 games online in my entire Madden career. It's almost impossible to find someone who plays the game like it's supposed to be played.

4th & 15 from your own 25? Go for it. Seems like the logical thing to do for 90% of online players. **** online.

Aspengc8 07-30-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10775692)
4th & 15 from your own 25? Go for it. Seems like the logical thing to do for 90% of online players. **** online.

I'm a top 50 ranked player on XB1, and I can tell you that if you go for it on scenarios like the above, chances are you will lose if you miss even 1 conversion. The sad fact is that you are FORCED to go for it, because kids have glitches to come in untouched and block your field goal or punt. Makes every game a damn struggle for me. Every game I get matched in, is a top 100 player, and pretty much whoever turns the ball over first, loses. The defensive AI is horrendous, and supposed 'fixed' in M15. The only team I have ever used online is KC, and every dam game is vs SF, SEA or CAR.

lcarus 07-30-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aspengc8 (Post 10775944)
I'm a top 50 ranked player on XB1, and I can tell you that if you go for it on scenarios like the above, chances are you will lose if you miss even 1 conversion. The sad fact is that you are FORCED to go for it, because kids have glitches to come in untouched and block your field goal or punt. Makes every game a damn struggle for me. Every game I get matched in, is a top 100 player, and pretty much whoever turns the ball over first, loses. The defensive AI is horrendous, and supposed 'fixed' in M15. The only team I have ever used online is KC, and every dam game is vs SF, SEA or CAR.

Yeah the defense was almost non existent in last years game.

Dayze 07-30-2014 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 10775464)
After skipping last year, I'm actually excited for this year's version...kind scared I'll be let down again but with no NCAA this year, which frickin sucks, need a football game.

I would just buy Madden 25 used. If you didn't play it last year etc.
I'd bet an ice cold beverage that the difference between 25 and whatever is coming out this year is most certainly not worth the difference in cost.

:shrug:

Ragged Robin 07-30-2014 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 10775393)
I've said it before in other threads....but Madden went down hill as soon as Online play showed up.

Negative, Madden went down hill as soon they removed vision cone which made online play a joke (2008ish). Now it's asinine to play defense as you can't read the QBs eyes, they can't give you a fake read, they aren't forced to "aim" (not even in the general direction) etc. It's just "durrrr throw to any receiver on the field at any point with no indication of anything and your QBs positioning doesn't matter." Now it's less of a football simulator and more of a them park game for dummies.

ragedogg69 07-30-2014 08:42 PM

not that you do not make good points...

but Madden was going down hill long before then.