ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Albert not going anywhere. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272686)

aturnis 05-06-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9661660)
I hope they both can get something done. Something in the 4 years range, about 8-9 mil. I dont think the chiefs go any longer than that, and if he passes that up, thinking he will get more next year, hes going to be sadly disappointed. 30 year old LEFT TACKLES dont get long term deals. he will be looking at a Bryant McKinnie type deal. For those that dont know. He signed a two year 7 mil contract to go crawling back to the ravens.

thats 3.5 mil a year for a super bowl winning left tackle.....

Idiot.

BossChief 05-06-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9662980)
Idiot.

He's right.

O.city 05-06-2013 06:26 PM

Well, apparently both sides want to get a deal done now, so hopefully something happens soon.

aturnis 05-06-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9663240)
He's right.

Do I care if he's right about the circumstances? No.

I'm calling him an idiot b/c he keeps acting like "Superbowl winning LT" means something. Tackles don't win Superbowls. Period.

aturnis 05-06-2013 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9663250)
Well, apparently both sides want to get a deal done now, so hopefully something happens soon.

I love how the media turned Albert into a bad guy. He may not have handled things in the smartest way, but he's always wanted to be right here and I don't believe his demands were ever as high as has been reported.

The Chiefs made him look like a guy unwilling to deal b/c they wanted to recoup their 2nd round pick mistake and made it look like it was b/c he wouldn't deal. Bullshit. It was obvious they were dead set on getting a 2nd back.

Sandy Vagina 05-06-2013 07:55 PM

I really preferred all along that Albert stick around... at least for another season. You don't want to roll into yr 1 of a new offense with two new OTs... and getting meager 3rd round value for Albert is not a win.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-06-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9663441)
I love how the media turned Albert into a bad guy. He may not have handled things in the smartest way, but he's always wanted to be right here and I don't believe his demands were ever as high as has been reported.

The Chiefs made him look like a guy unwilling to deal b/c they wanted to recoup their 2nd round pick mistake and made it look like it was b/c he wouldn't deal. Bullshit. It was obvious they were dead set on getting a 2nd back.

Well **** brah; don't you know he's suppposed to say "**** my future; I'm gettin' on board the Alex Smith train to destiny, so just pay me a few bucks and we're ALL GOOD"!?
Posted via Mobile Device

ThadEugenia 05-06-2013 09:43 PM

Albert isn't going anywhere any time soon - that's for sure. We need two chubbys on the line.

Mother****erJones 05-06-2013 09:43 PM

Just waiting to see that he's signed long-term

GoChargers 05-06-2013 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9661562)
Not related to Albert really, but man Geno Smith is just getting KILLED by the media right now.

Who doesn't the New York media bitch about?

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-06-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoChargers (Post 9663853)
Who doesn't the New York media bitch about?

The first time I heard one them call Fat Scott "Pay-oli", I knew I loved NY sports radio.
Posted via Mobile Device

ThadEugenia 05-06-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9663882)
The first time I heard one them call Fat Scott "Pay-oli", I knew I loved NY sports radio.
Posted via Mobile Device

Glad that bastard is gone. Did NFL Network discard him too?

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-06-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThadEugenia (Post 9663885)
Glad that bastard is gone. Did NFL Network discard him too?

No, he and his motor city twin Matt Millen provided insightful draft analysis that only two such staggering titans of drafting genius could possibly do.
Posted via Mobile Device

ThadEugenia 05-06-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 9663957)
No, he and his motor city twin Matt Millen provided insightful draft analysis that only two such staggering titans of drafting genius could possibly do.
Posted via Mobile Device

I hope he likes his new job - it suits him.

Mav 05-06-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9663435)
Do I care if he's right about the circumstances? No.

I'm calling him an idiot b/c he keeps acting like "Superbowl winning LT" means something. Tackles don't win Superbowls. Period.

So, Bryant McKinnie protecting Joe Flacco, against Aldon Smith, and Justin Smith, meant absolutely nothing? Bullshit. McKinnie was single manning Aldon Smith all game, and Aldon never sniffed the qb. Our only pressures came off the other side, over Michael Oher.

But nah, left tackles, they are USELESS. My point was correct. He needs to get him money now, he wont get it last year. My example was what happened to McKinnie. Sorry that went over your head. Oh thats right, im just Alex Smith Fan, no actual FOOTBALL point could be anything because all i do is profess how great alex smith is right?