ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc What is your stance on aliens? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=292762)

Simply Red 02-15-2018 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13418600)
LMAO... that Roker stare......

he was much more normal looking when he was a fatty.

Simply Red 02-15-2018 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13418595)
Doubt they exist but open to a good probing to prove me wrong.

Ohh!

Fish 02-15-2018 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 13418595)
Doubt they exist but open to a good probing to prove me wrong.

http://ohn1.slausworks.netdna-cdn.co...12/04/SULU.jpg

Simply Red 02-15-2018 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13418622)

ROFL

Ming the Merciless 02-15-2018 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 13418564)
Here are a few things to consider:

1. You assume aliens have a prime directive to stay undetected.
2. You assume aliens are visible in the physical realm by our understanding of matter.
3. You assume if you saw an alien outright, you would identify it as such.
4. You assume the only reason for intelligent lifeforms to visit earth is something you currently have thought of or can comprehend.
5. You assume the ability to travel through time and space is purely a matter of technology.

1) yes, i assume that in the video you posted, they BROKE the prime directive that you mention...LOL

2) yes, i assume in the video YOU posted, they were detected by the visible spectrum AND recorded

3) yes I assume YOU identified the thing in the video as an alien, and then pretended we should all make that assumption as well

4) yes I assume there would be a logical reason for them coming here, and breaking #1 and coming here in 2004 to do some flips, break rule #1 makes no sense. so yes, if this advanced civilization has no logic and is willing to break the prime directive then sure...that might be them on the video you posted

5) yes i assume travel speed is based on technology. what else what it would be based on?

Ming the Merciless 02-15-2018 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 13418541)
I never equated the UFOs to aliens.

wait so now you admit this is probably not an alien?

ok...

then we agree..My bad...

For some odd reason I thought you were arguing that it would be even remotely possibly an advanced civilization came all that way...and TRIED to remain undetected but then accidentally got caught....

because yes, that shit is stupid

Randallflagg 02-15-2018 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Over Yonder (Post 13416519)
Don't be such an old fuddy duddy. We should accept females from some other countries as well. But they have to pass the "hotness" test. No sweathogs!! :shake:

Sorry.....I married a Swede.....But OK...as long as they are smoking hot!

vailpass 02-15-2018 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 13418622)

LMAO

gblowfish 02-15-2018 03:02 PM

"DEPORT EM ALL!!!"-BEP & PB

Simply Red 02-15-2018 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13418775)
"DEPORT EM ALL!!!"-BEP & PB

That's an ugly gesture - I'm disappointed.

srvy 02-15-2018 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 13418400)
No. Yeah. Watch above video.

Looks like a splotch of Italian Gravy on a necktie.

gblowfish 02-15-2018 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 13418820)
That's an ugly gesture - I'm disappointed.

I've been in an ugly mood all week. I hate February.

Simply Red 02-15-2018 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gblowfish (Post 13418842)
I've been in an ugly mood all week. I hate February.

it's fine - you seem nice again.

mr. tegu 02-15-2018 04:37 PM

What is your stance on aliens?

There is plenty of evidence that’s up for debate on authenticity, what it represents, etc. and ultimately each person has to decide to what extent they believe or disbelieve it. I have no problems that.

The silliest argument of all though is limiting an alien species to our understanding of life and the universe. Just because it would take us an unavailable amount of time and resources doesn’t mean that’s the case for potential aliens.

Nobody has any idea what the world will look like from a technological point of view 10,000 years from now. Now try to imagine a civilization a million years beyond us. Outright dismissing it as a possibility they could get here is much too far in the opposite direction of being a unquestioning believer for me to consider you as being open minded enough on this subject.

ClevelandBronco 02-15-2018 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 13418987)
There is plenty of evidence that’s up for debate on authenticity, what it represents, etc. and ultimately each person has to decide to what extent they believe or disbelieve it. I have no problems that.

The silliest argument of all though is limiting an alien species to our understanding of life and the universe. Just because it would take us an unavailable amount of time and resources doesn’t mean that’s the case for potential aliens.

Nobody has any idea what the world will look like from a technological point of view 10,000 years from now. Now try to imagine a civilization a million years beyond us. Outright dismissing it as a possibility they could get here is much too far in the opposite direction of being a unquestioning believer for me to consider you as being open minded enough on this subject.

I bet their world looks a lot like IKEA.