ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Stephenson @ LT (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267036)

SDKCCHIEFS 11-25-2012 01:27 PM

Stephenson @ LT

sorry for the new thread. Im on the go so dont really have time to search n look. anyway, how has he looked from last week up to half-time? have not been keepin up on him.

Rain Man 11-25-2012 01:29 PM

Pretty darn good, to be honest. He's active in run blocking and has been riding those dwarf pass rushers out of the play on passes.

ILChief 11-25-2012 01:30 PM

I can't really tell any difference

Nightfyre 11-25-2012 01:31 PM

Stephenson has had a great half. I will be interested to see if he can keep it up. Conditioning becomes a factor in the second half, especially for rookies

ThaVirus 11-25-2012 01:35 PM

He's playing well. Too well, actually.

I fear Albert is a goner this offseason.

Mr. Laz 11-25-2012 01:35 PM

he's been solid ... but we haven't asked him to maintain the blocks for long

RealSNR 11-25-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9149630)
he's been solid ... but we haven't asked him to maintain the blocks for long

This.

Demonpenz 11-25-2012 01:39 PM

he's been good but I saw all the Denver players drunk yesterday.

Ace Gunner 11-25-2012 01:47 PM

chip shot for mr irrelivant :D

TEX 11-25-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9149629)
He's playing well. Too well, actually.

I fear Albert is a goner this offseason.

Yep. Its the Chiefs way.

Quesadilla Joe 11-25-2012 03:52 PM

Tough to tell as far as his pass blocking goes. The Chiefs played like straight up pussies offensively. They just ran the ball on every play and then would call a pass play every once in a while that gained 3 yards. If they played like a legit NFL team Von and Doom would have went off.

tredadda 11-25-2012 03:53 PM

All things considered he played well for a rookie. Made some dumb mistakes, but I can't recall Dumerville or Miller involved in any sacks other than the one Miller got credit for when Quinn ran out of bounds behind the LOS.

MIAdragon 11-25-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9151063)
Tough to tell as far as his pass blocking goes. The Chiefs played like straight up pussies offensively. They just ran the ball on every play and then would call a pass play every once in a while that gained 3 yards. If they played like a legit NFL team Von and Doom would have went off.

lolz

tredadda 11-25-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

He outplayed Clady.

ThaVirus 11-25-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

We neutralized your piece of shit Vondoom combo by running the ball down their throats.

Deal with it.

Nightfyre 11-25-2012 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9151075)
He outplayed Clady.

I like the "trolling the troll" play :clap:

RealSNR 11-25-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

Geno gonna rape ya

Rausch 11-25-2012 04:11 PM

Like most Pioli additions they run block like monsters and pass block like they're dancing with the stars...

RunKC 11-25-2012 04:14 PM

I know that praising Pioli is a sin here, but he's done a nice job with the OL in the last 2 years.

They played really well today. Charles had some good holes to run through and VonDoom was essentially invisible most of the day. That's impressive since 2 rookies were starting.

Braincase 11-25-2012 04:18 PM

An hour after the game, and Stephenson just picked up another holding call.

Hoover 11-25-2012 06:13 PM

The oline is the only thing that has improved under Pioli. It's smart to take olinemen in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Might need to still eye a center in future drafts.

ChiefMojo 11-25-2012 07:00 PM

As a whole, Stephenson has done better than expected this year. Sure he wasn't expected to play as much as he has but since he has played, he hasn't been horrible. I think he has the making of being a quality LT in this league for many years. Still needs to get stronger and get better technique wise but the guy has God given ability that you need for a LT.

kcxiv 11-25-2012 07:16 PM

He played well. Then again the Chiefs dont throw all that much. lol Then again, we had jordan black here with herm did the same thing and he still sucked really bad. So yeah, he did well.

Rain Man 11-25-2012 07:21 PM

I'm not sure I agree with the general compliments about the offensive line. Given what we've invested, it seems like an underperforming group. In fact, many of the clips of Cassel being Cassel could actually be blamed on an offensive linemen or two or three getting destroyed.

With the high picks that we've invested, it doesn't seem like a talent problem. I think it's a game-planning problem. Blitzes and rush packages have bewildered our line all year. If you want to sack Cassel, all you have to do is alternate a few blitzes and stunts and you're pretty much guaranteed to have a rusher come free, and that's when the Cassel fun begins.

I'm not saying we need to replace the personnel at this point. I do wonder how they're game-planning, though, because our line is caught by surprise on every pass play.

Bump 11-25-2012 08:25 PM

he seemed to do okay, I didn't hear dumerville's name called once.

kcxiv 11-25-2012 08:27 PM

Didnt hear doomer or Von Miller's name at all really. Just that whitewood or whatever his name is.

Our oline is a little inconsitant at times, but over all they are solid. Problem is that our ****ing QB's have no pocket presence. All you have to do is go back to when Kyle Orton played and how in 3 games he was sacked once. Look at the pressure we put on Manning today, and how he knows where and when to step up in the pocket. Its quite amazing how good qb's can do that.

J Diddy 11-25-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9152069)
I'm not sure I agree with the general compliments about the offensive line. Given what we've invested, it seems like an underperforming group. In fact, many of the clips of Cassel being Cassel could actually be blamed on an offensive linemen or two or three getting destroyed.

With the high picks that we've invested, it doesn't seem like a talent problem. I think it's a game-planning problem. Blitzes and rush packages have bewildered our line all year. If you want to sack Cassel, all you have to do is alternate a few blitzes and stunts and you're pretty much guaranteed to have a rusher come free, and that's when the Cassel fun begins.

I'm not saying we need to replace the personnel at this point. I do wonder how they're game-planning, though, because our line is caught by surprise on every pass play.

I would agree that the coaching is dog shit all the way around. A lot of players and all the coaches and gm should lose their jobs this year.

Marcellus 11-25-2012 08:45 PM

He played fine and if we had a QB the whole line would look ****ing great right now.

clyde05 11-25-2012 09:01 PM

Quote:

Kinda like the broncos played last year when they didn't have a qb

Frankie 11-25-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 9151705)
The oline is the only thing that has improved under Pioli.

Improving on the POS we used to call an O-line is not hard.

Quesadilla Joe 11-25-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clyde05 (Post 9152494)
Kinda like the broncos played last year when they didn't have a qb

We were trying to get big plays when we passed the ball last year. The Chiefs were obviously scared to death of Von and Doom. They never passed and when they did it was just one read and the ball was out.

SAUTO 11-25-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9152660)
We were trying to get big plays when we passed the ball this year. The Chiefs were obviously scared to death of Von and Doom. They never passed and when they did it was just one read and the ball was out.

THAT'S BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE A QB. you ****ing idiot
Posted via Mobile Device

Hoover 11-25-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9152069)

We have an above average group of Olinemen who are all young and still developing. Investing two second round picks and two third round picks is a good investment. Those four picks in the last two years have turned around our line and will impact the team for years to come. If you want to bitch about something, bitch about how much we invested in the dline and have nothing to show for it.

The Bad Guy 11-25-2012 10:00 PM

Quote:

You are like the bastard child of black bob and Denise. **** off and die asshole. I'd take Aldon Smith every day of the year over Miller.

The Bad Guy 11-25-2012 10:01 PM

Quote:

We were trying to get big plays when we passed the ball last year. The Chiefs were obviously scared to death of Von and Doom. They never passed and when they did it was just one read and the ball was out.

Couldn't have been that we have shitbag qbs you coathangered fetus.

tredadda 11-25-2012 10:03 PM

Quote:

How else do you neutralize a good pass rusher? Take 7 step drops and lob 60 yard passes all day?

Chiefs=Champions 11-25-2012 10:08 PM

Houston had more sacks than VOOONDOOOM.

Quesadilla Joe 11-25-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9152731)
How else do you neutralize a good pass rusher? Take 7 step drops and lob 60 yard passes all day?

I know why you did it. You were scared shitless of our passrush, and you only scored 9 points because of it.

tredadda 11-25-2012 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9152783)
I know why you did it. You were scared shitless of our passrush, and you only scored 9 points because of it.

Not scared. Smart. Had we actually had a legit QB we would have owned you and your HOF QB today.

Quesadilla Joe 11-25-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9152785)
Not scared. Smart. Had we actually had a legit QB we would have owned you and your HOF QB today.

Our defense is built to stop good QB's. We made Drew Brees look like Matt Cassel.

The Bad Guy 11-25-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9152783)

Blah blah blah. No, the chiefs don't have a qb that can score points. Aren't you ****ing in your late 20s? Isn't the time to be a clueless fanboy over?

The Bad Guy 11-25-2012 10:27 PM

How about Brady? Did they stop him too?

the Talking Can 11-25-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

“It was me trying to do too much,” said Stephenson, who was hustling to throw a downfield block on Denver nose tackle Justin Bannan. “I’ll learn from it. It’s something I probably get away with in college. But I guess the refs are a little better.”

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2012/11/25...#storylink=cpy
kind of funny that he was honest about it...

Quesadilla Joe 11-25-2012 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9152800)

They gained most of their yards on the ground when Von was out of the game. Brady played just OK against us. He had 220 something yards and 1 TD if I remember correctly.

tredadda 11-25-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9152791)
Our defense is built to stop good QB's. We made Drew Brees look like Matt Cassel.

We'll see come playoff time.

Rain Man 11-25-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 9152813)
We'll see come playoff time.

Post of the month right there. Step up and see it.

Edit: I thought we were talking about the Chiefs defense, and it's a hilarious post in that context.

Rain Man 11-25-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9152809)
They gained most of their yards on the ground when Von was out of the game. Brady played just OK against us. He had 220 something yards and 1 TD if I remember correctly.

I didn't notice. Did they bench him again for his inability to defend the run? I remember that happening last year in our game, too.

aturnis 11-25-2012 10:47 PM

Quote:

Have you watched a chiefs game all year?! We weren't afraid of VonDrool, we were afraid of Brady Quinn and Matt Cassel. We don't pass much, unless it's garbage time. What you saw today was the regular offensive game plan.

Sorter 11-25-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9152800)

223 yds and a td by tom.

the pats rushed for 200+yds though LMAO.

Quesadilla Joe 11-25-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 9152848)
I didn't notice. Did they bench him again for his inability to defend the run? I remember that happening last year in our game, too.

He needed a breather. They couldn't run when he was in the game. He arguably had his best game as pro against NE.

I don't remember Von getting pulled against you guys, I do remember him getting pulled very early in the season against SD last year.

The Bad Guy 11-25-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9152809)

Did they stop him or that offense?

Stop with the ****ing excuses.

The Bad Guy 11-25-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9152891)
223 yds and a td by tom.

the pats rushed for 200+yds though LMAO.

But, they got all those yards when Miller was getting his "breather".

kcxiv 11-25-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

We were trying they have that shitty pathetic offense for every game. Doesnt matter if its the Bronco's or the Browns, its the same pathetic offensive playcalling

Psyko Tek 11-25-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

no we are scared to death of our QB
your cute lil' nicknames really didn't matter

real QB maybe
but if they couldn't sack quin or stuff charles
meh

Quesadilla Joe 11-25-2012 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Psyko Tek (Post 9152931)
no we are scared to death of our QB
your cute lil' nicknames really didn't matter

real QB maybe
but if they couldn't sack quin or stuff charles
meh

The Chiefs knew that they would get run out of their own building if they tried to pass the ball. We would have forced at least 4 or 5 turnovers if you tried to actually pass against us. It would have gotten ugly, and Romeo knew it.

The Bad Guy 11-25-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 9152957)
The Chiefs knew that they would get run out of their own building if they tried to pass the ball. We would have forced at least 4 or 5 turnovers if you tried to actually pass against us. It would have gotten ugly, and Romeo knew it.

Honestly, I know you're sticking your chest out pretty large tonight like you just played in the actual game, but this team has no QB, and your team knew that and still couldn't stop Jamaal Charles.

So spare me all this bullshit "Oh, you guys didn't want to pass on us". I'm sure it had NOTHING to do with your defense and everything to do with the fact we have the worst QBs in the entire world.

Brock 11-25-2012 11:51 PM

Quote:

Your defense looked like a bunch of pussies today TBH.

Quesadilla Joe 11-25-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brock (Post 9152964)
Your defense looked like a bunch of pussies today TBH.

Like I said earlier, this was the worst our defense has played all year. We are normally very good against the run. I don't think we played well in any phase.

Hammock Parties 12-02-2012 02:53 PM

Another outstanding game.

Mr. Laz 12-02-2012 03:01 PM

Stephenson is a rookie and has been shuttled around the Oline

he has done a fine job

aturnis 12-02-2012 03:39 PM

Stephenson did a good job against some decent but unspectacular pass rushers today. Wonder how he'd handle the right side...

Hammock Parties 12-02-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9172654)
Stephenson did a good job against some decent but unspectacular pass rushers today.

Actually Carolina has two very good defensive ends. Charles Johnson is a monster.

I was impressed.

aturnis 12-02-2012 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 9172660)
Actually Carolina has two very good defensive ends. Charles Johnson is a monster.

I was impressed.

I agree, they both have over 8 sacks on the season, they aren't elite though. I probably could have used a better word than unspectacular...

Hammock Parties 12-02-2012 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9172667)
I agree, they both have over 8 sacks on the season, they aren't elite though.

Charles Johnson is absolutely elite. He has flown under the radar for three seasons.

In fact he is the 2nd highest rated DE on PFF.

aturnis 12-02-2012 03:45 PM

#2 overall, or pass rush only?

Hammock Parties 12-02-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 9172698)
#2 overall, or pass rush only?

#2 overall and #2 in pass rush. 2nd in QB pressures and T-2nd in sacks.

ThaVirus 12-02-2012 03:55 PM

Charles Johnson is a monster as well as Jon Beason. They just play for an unspectacular defense in Carolina so they don't get much exposure.

As for Stephenson, he played pretty well today. I don't remember many pressures at all while our downfield passing game was probably the best we've seen all season. Plenty of 5 step drops and Quinn holding onto the football. One thing I will say though is that we seemed to have far more success running to the right than we did the left.

All in all he played pretty well.

I'd say Albert is as good as gone.

Mr. Laz 12-02-2012 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 9172749)
Charles Johnson is a monster as well as Jon Beason. They just play for an unspectacular defense in Carolina so they don't get much exposure.

As for Stephenson, he played pretty well today. I don't remember many pressures at all while our downfield passing game was probably the best we've seen all season. Plenty of 5 step drops and Quinn holding onto the football. One thing I will say though is that we seemed to have far more success running to the right than we did the left.

All in all he played pretty well.

I'd say Albert is as good as gone.

yea, he missed once really bad ... total whiff

but overall he has done a very solid job

ILChief 12-04-2012 06:07 PM

Stephenson is definitely been one of the few pleasant surprises this year. We have makings of a good, young line with Stephenson, Allen, Hudson, Asamoah, with Albert and Winston (who has done better the last few weeks). Now keeping Albert is a key. Lilja doesn't need to be starting next year if he's back though.

mcaj22 12-04-2012 06:08 PM

they will let Albert walk because of Stephenson's progression

NJChiefsFan 12-04-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Yeah that has happened 10 times this year. Its not because of DEN, its because the Chiefs QB's are a joke.

BossChief 12-04-2012 06:27 PM

I doubt they let Albert walk.

BossChief 12-04-2012 06:31 PM

I wonder what Alberts trade value is. a 2nd or a late 1st?

NJChiefsFan 12-04-2012 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9181077)
I wonder what Alberts trade value is. a 2nd or a late 1st?

If they don't tag Albert but do tag Bowe, wouldn't they not be able to trade Albert due to him becoming a FA?

BossChief 12-04-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9181091)
If they don't tag Albert but do tag Bowe, wouldn't they not be able to trade Albert due to him becoming a FA?

That's what I'm talking about.

rtmike 12-04-2012 10:48 PM

They're not about to give Bowe a 15% raise.

Titty Meat 12-04-2012 10:48 PM

I'd rather have Bowe than Albert. Stephenson has proven he can be a good LT.

NJChiefsFan 12-04-2012 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9181289)
That's what I'm talking about.

Then how would they have any leverage or ability to trade Albert?

Buckweath 12-04-2012 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bo's Pelini (Post 9181658)
I'd rather have Bowe than Albert. Stephenson has proven he can be a good LT.

Stephenson has not proven much at all and you always need a good backup in case youre unlucky.

Dayze 12-04-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rtmike (Post 9181657)
They're not about to give Bowe a 15% raise.

I thought it goes up to 20% if they're tagged a 2nd time.
but yeah, either way I doubt he gets it.

Pioli ****ed up this Carr/Bowe situation.