ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Wonder Woman (2017) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=301002)

Buehler445 06-17-2017 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12905996)
Oh yeah, I'm married . . . sigh

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="w0xVN9q"><a href="//imgur.com/w0xVN9q">How you look at your crush. </a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yeah. That's hot as hell. If a girl like that ever looked at me like that it'd be on.

And I'd have a similar (but far less hot) longing look.

Fish 06-17-2017 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 12920861)
Yeah. That's hot as hell. If a girl like that ever looked at me like that it'd be on.

And I'd have a similar (but far less hot) longing look.

Chris Pine is handsome if you're into that kinda thing I guess.

Baby Lee 06-17-2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12920995)

See, I have absolutely no meter for male attractiveness outside the reactions of females. Gal's reaction suggests that Chris is a damn fine man, but I have no idea whatsoever what differentiates him from a million other bohunks.

He's not huge like The Rock, or ripped like Conor McGregor. He doesn't have piercing eyes, or a particularly strong jaw. Outside a triangular face and a larger than normal cranium, I don't see defining features.

Who knows, maybe that look stems from him giving her a righteous salami long and hard recently.

Guess I should try to let my 5 O'Clock shadow grow and move to pukey colored shirts.

Fish 06-17-2017 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12921017)
See, I have absolutely no meter for male attractiveness outside the reactions of females. Gal's reaction suggests that Chris is a damn fine man, but I have no idea whatsoever what differentiates him from a million other bohunks.

He's not huge like The Rock, or ripped like Conor McGregor. He doesn't have piercing eyes, or a particularly strong jaw. Outside a triangular face and a larger than normal cranium, I don't see defining features.

Who knows, maybe that look stems from him giving her a righteous salami long and hard recently.

Guess I should try to let my 5 O'Clock shadow grow and move to pukey colored shirts.

Well, I was trying to tease Buehler by taking his post out of context. I haven't really thought about Pine's looks.

Baby Lee 06-17-2017 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12921025)
Well, I was trying to tease Buehler by taking his post out of context. I haven't really thought about Pine's looks.

Ah! Didn't even catch it. I see it now. I'm a dummy.

Truthfully, I was kind of itching to vent about how bemused I am by the longing in her glance. That girl is foin, and that gif gives me no insight into what she finds attractive, outside apparently some average glob called a Chris Pine.

Buehler445 06-17-2017 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 12920995)

Well played. Funny or not Gadot is a smoke show.

Demonpenz 06-20-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12921017)

he's movie star?

BucEyedPea 06-20-2017 12:08 PM

Gadot was also in Batman vs Superman for her intro appearance. They even used the same old B7W photo of her during WWI. I forgot all about who played WW in that, until I watched it again over the weekend.

Mr. Plow 06-20-2017 12:40 PM

Finally saw it the other day. Good movie. Worth going to see. Like all the other DC movies, it had it's slow points - but nowhere near as bad as the other movies.

My only complaint was the 2 teenage girls behind me that wouldn't shut up. I even gave them the benefit of the doubt that once the movie started, they'd shut up. Boy was I wrong. Talking at normal voices or even trying to talk over loud parts in the movie, reading EVERY word that came on the screen, and then playing on their phones. I tried the casual approach "Shhh"; "Please keep it down"; etc. That only made them do very loud "SHHHHH'S" every time anyone made a noise in the theater. I'm not one to tattle on them, but it wore thin & ruined a part of the movie for me & my family. Finally told front desk "Either you guys shut them the **** up or I'm going to do it in a not nice way." They told them "Either you be quiet & put your phones away or we're kicking you out." Didn't hear from them again.

Sorry for the rant.....hate it when people talk excessively in movies. Especially when I spend $100 to see one.

Beef Supreme 06-20-2017 12:52 PM

I thought the movie was ok. I guess with all the positive stuff I've heard about it, I was expecting more. I could stare at Gal Gadot all day long, so it had that going for it. It had a few laughs and was pretty decent, but it was nowhere near a "**** yeah" movie like Winter Soldier.

Sure-Oz 06-20-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 12924009)
I thought the movie was ok. I guess with all the positive stuff I've heard about it, I was expecting more. I could stare at Gal Gadot all day long, so it had that going for it. It had a few laughs and was pretty decent, but it was nowhere near a "**** yeah" movie like Winter Soldier.

It's not better than Winter Soldier...not many are in the Superhero realm.

Anyong Bluth 06-20-2017 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 12923995)
Finally saw it the other day. Good movie. Worth going to see. Like all the other DC movies, it had it's slow points - but nowhere near as bad as the other movies.

My only complaint was the 2 teenage girls behind me that wouldn't shut up. I even gave them the benefit of the doubt that once the movie started, they'd shut up. Boy was I wrong. Talking at normal voices or even trying to talk over loud parts in the movie, reading EVERY word that came on the screen, and then playing on their phones. I tried the casual approach "Shhh"; "Please keep it down"; etc. That only made them do very loud "SHHHHH'S" every time anyone made a noise in the theater. I'm not one to tattle on them, but it wore thin & ruined a part of the movie for me & my family. Finally told front desk "Either you guys shut them the **** up or I'm going to do it in a not nice way." They told them "Either you be quiet & put your phones away or we're kicking you out." Didn't hear from them again.

Sorry for the rant.....hate it when people talk excessively in movies. Especially when I spend $100 to see one.

$100 ???

Anyong Bluth 06-20-2017 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 12924009)

Expectations can be a bitch.

Anyong Bluth 06-20-2017 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 12924057)
It's not better than Winter Soldier...not many are in the Superhero realm.

It was DC's most cohesive film, and a step up. BvS, the director's cut, was a decent flick. Suicide Squad looked SO promising & was total crap .

WW isn't perfect, and has noticeable flaws, but little cracks as a film overall.

Buehler445 06-20-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anyong Bluth (Post 12924146)
Expectations can be a bitch.

That's why I tempered mine.