ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Revolution: JJ Abrams, SciFi, Post-Apocalypse (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255936)

Frazod 09-04-2012 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8878077)
I second this. No ****ing excuse why the next Star Trek movie is not already on the big screen.

They rebooted it with a good cast, and now it takes 3 1/2 ****ing years between movies, assuming it doesn't get kicked back to December again? Seriously, at this rate, how many more can we expect? One, maybe two? Goddamn prick. If he wasn't willing to commit to it, he should have left it the hell alone.

He's like the movie version of George R.R. Martin. :banghead:

Deberg_1990 09-04-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8878061)
**** Abrams. WORK ON STAR TREK YOU ASSHOLE!!!!!!! :cuss:

I'm still pissed there's never been a big screen Felicity movie.

Buck 09-05-2012 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8878061)
**** Abrams. WORK ON STAR TREK YOU ASSHOLE!!!!!!! :cuss:

Didn't they say 2013 right after the first one came out?

Molitoth 09-05-2012 12:44 PM

I will give it a chance since it has Gus in it. =)

kaplin42 09-05-2012 01:13 PM

Story and setting has potential.

Seeing as how it is NBC, it will go all "Heroes" inside of 6 weeks.

we will get 12 episodes, then a 3 month break, then 2 episodes and 2 month break. And then the plot and characters will just be stupid.

If it was an HBO show, it would be awesome. Since it's not, it will fail in style.

BigMeatballDave 09-06-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplin42 (Post 8880203)
Story and setting has potential.

How?

There is no explanation for why shit quits working. Why would batteries stop working?

Planes falling out of the sky?

Stupid.

notorious 09-06-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 8883338)
How?

There is no explanation for why shit quits working. Why would batteries stop working?

Stupid.

Maybe, just maybe they will use the screen time to explain the story and plot.

It's a crazy!

BTW, the planes falling out the sky part is ****ing reeruned.

Brock 09-06-2012 12:53 PM

Quote:

How?

Stupid.

Keep f-ing doubting J J Abrams

Bump 09-06-2012 01:23 PM

I think it looks cool, but they could have done without the bullshit that is gonna come from one person having the power source, like they indicated on the commercials. Why even have something that reeruned in there? Just do a series about people trying to survive in that situation, leave out the dumbass shit.

Frazod 09-06-2012 01:30 PM

Quote:

How?

Stupid.

This was used in Escape from L.A. Satellites broadcasting a continuous EMP as a doomsday weapon. At the end of the movie Snake activates it (too bad he didn't do it in the beginning, because Escape from L.A. really sucked). I believe surviving post EMP was the premise of Dark Angel, but I didn't watch it.

In any event, it's already been done. So quit ****ing around and WORK ON STAR TREK DAMMIT! :#

DaneMcCloud 09-07-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

How?

Stupid.

Yep.

Dumbest. Premise. Ever.

What was the show a few years back in which the world experienced a brief blackout? His sounds like more of the same, only dumber.

After the LOST final season and the cancellation of Alcatraz, I'm no longer interested in J.J Abrams TV projects.

Not gonna waste my time.

keg in kc 09-07-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8886334)
What was the show a few years back in which the world experienced a brief blackout? His sounds like more of the same, only dumber.

FlashForward maybe? That's the one where all the people in the world blacked out. I think I made it through the first 20 minutes or so of that one.

If Revolution didn't have Giancarlo Esposito in it, I probably wouldn't watch it at all.

DaneMcCloud 09-07-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8883712)
In any event, it's already been done. So quit ****ing around and WORK ON STAR TREK DAMMIT! :#

It's been in Post for quite a while. They could have had it ready for Christmas but Paramount wanted it to be a summer "Tent Pole".

Deberg_1990 09-07-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8886341)
It's been in Post for quite a while. They could have had it ready for Christmas but Paramount wanted it to be a summer "Tent Pole".

Hook us up with an advanced rough cut screening Dane!

DaneMcCloud 09-07-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 8886340)
FlashForward maybe? That's the one where all the people in the world blacked out. I think I made it through the first 20 minutes or so of that one.

If Revolution didn't have Giancarlo Esposito in it, I probably wouldn't watch it at all.

Yep, that's it. Thanks!

I'll watch Revolution if all of you guys think it's must see TV and also think it'll make it beyond season one.

I'm just too jaded by Abrams at this point to invest.