ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Long weekend getaway ideas (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268703)

007 01-10-2013 03:13 AM

Long weekend getaway ideas

You have two tickets to fly anywhere in the lower 48 states. Where do you go and why?

Just for a long weekend for two.

AustinChief 01-10-2013 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9302203)
You have two tickets to fly anywhere in the lower 48 states. Where do you go and why?

Just for a long weekend for two.

hmm, the WHERE would depend mostly on the WHEN of it. Oh and I am assuming since this is two tickets... we are talking about taking a significant other?

007 01-10-2013 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9302205)
hmm, the WHERE would depend mostly on the WHEN of it. Oh and I am assuming since this is two tickets... we are talking about taking a significant other?

yep. Travel will be anytime in the next 6 months most likely.

Initially looking at Vegas but would really like some help thinking outside the box on places I would never have considered without help.

AustinChief 01-10-2013 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9302207)
yep. Travel will be anytime in the next 6 months most likely.

Initially looking at Vegas but would really like some help thinking outside the box on places I would never have considered without help.

If you want a cheap but really nice Midwest getaway... I love the Missouri wine country. I convinced my buddy's parents to try it out one year and now they go all the time. What's cool about that is that they used to live near Napa and think that Hermann and the Katy Trail area remind them of all of Napa's early charm before it became popular and douchey. Great trip in the spring but even better in the fall.

If you're big into music there is always Austin for various music festivals. You have SXSW in March, ACL in September. Austin's just a fun town in general.

New Orleans is always fun if you've never been before. Same for Key West. Same for DC.

Late Spring in New York is another great option.

Phobia 01-10-2013 03:52 AM

I presume you're going to want to go somewhere you can pitch a tent for free. Utah. Pick yourself up another wife while you're there. She can double the family's income if she has a nice degree.

007 01-10-2013 04:06 AM

I should preface this with, we want it to be far away from KC. Hell, we have two tickets to anywhere in the 48 states that Airtran/Southwest flies so I want to take advantage of that.

007 01-10-2013 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 9302209)
If you want a cheap but really nice Midwest getaway... I love the Missouri wine country. I convinced my buddy's parents to try it out one year and now they go all the time. What's cool about that is that they used to live near Napa and think that Hermann and the Katy Trail area remind them of all of Napa's early charm before it became popular and douchey. Great trip in the spring but even better in the fall.

If you're big into music there is always Austin for various music festivals. You have SXSW in March, ACL in September. Austin's just a fun town in general.

New Orleans is always fun if you've never been before. Same for Key West. Same for DC.

Late Spring in New York is another great option.

I've never had much desire for visiting NY but I would like to see the WTC site someday. Is NY really a long weekend getaway type trip though?

jspchief 01-10-2013 05:14 AM

Pacific northwest

Silock 01-10-2013 05:21 AM

Yellowstone?

007 01-10-2013 05:26 AM

no camping. Thinking the wife would prefer being in a city. Plus, I friggin hate camping.

Saulbadguy 01-10-2013 05:39 AM

NYC
DC
New Orleans
Seattle

007 01-10-2013 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9302231)
NYC
DC
New Orleans
Seattle

ACtually thought about LA. Would depend on if Dane and Tiny would be available to show us around.

EagleRob 01-10-2013 05:46 AM

My top ten (from the perspective of someone born and raised in Philly and living near DC eliminating KC, StL and Denver which are high on my list): Boston in early autumn, Seattle/Portland/Vancouver whenever it's relatively dry, San Diego in January (beach+city+Tijuana), Miami/FL Keys, Albequerque/Santa Fe, Arizona, Yellowstone, Dallas, San Francisco, New York in Spring. For the record, DC is a wonderful pace to visit during the Cherry Blossom Festival in early spring.

Saulbadguy 01-10-2013 05:49 AM

Actually my advice would be go some place you don't need to dick around with a rental car.

007 01-10-2013 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 9302237)
Actually my advice would be go some place you don't need to dick around with a rental car.

Yeah, that is why Vegas is top on our list at this point.