ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games *** Official Diablo III Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212603)

Saulbadguy 02-16-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7433178)
No, I'll give it a spin, though.

It's good. The 2nd one is supposedly delayed until July.

Sofa King 02-16-2011 10:11 AM

my buddy is rolling with a barb, and only a barb.

I've been wanting to do a monk, but i'm thinking a ranged class would be a better combo for the 2 of us. might go wizard.

And laz, they do still have teleport. just not with all classes using an enigma.

Mr. Laz 02-17-2011 08:39 PM

looks like Monk might be a quality PvP classes

the impregnable defense skill could be pretty deadly 1-on-1 since it looks like range attacks are going to be available in most classes.

depends on the DPS on the Barb class attacks

jspchief 02-17-2011 09:16 PM

Judging by what a f'ing mess the latest WoW Xpac has been, they must have pulled all their talent and put them on this project.

Mr. Laz 02-17-2011 09:33 PM

wizards attacks look a little lame unless there are more attacks they aren't showing yet.

http://us.blizzard.com/diablo3/characters/wizard.xml

thecoffeeguy 02-18-2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 7433147)
Have you played the first Torchlight? It's quite a bit like Diablo 2.

I really like Torchlight. Great game and best of all, I got it for like $5 when Steam was having all those sales.

Sofa King 06-24-2011 12:09 PM

Diablo 3 beta will most likely be from Jul 31st - Sept. The game is still scheduled to come out in 2011, most likely right around Xmas.

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qbYrd7Ao3rM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XtJp95qtX2Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 08-01-2011 11:20 AM

So. Blizzard's incorporating a real-money auction house.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/diablo-iii/1185251p1.html

Pants 08-01-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 7792745)

Holy shit, that could be awesome.

Chinese farmers just collectively creamed their pants, lol.

Sofa King 08-01-2011 12:12 PM

I hate Big Blizzard.

Mr. Laz 08-01-2011 07:30 PM

Diablo 3 Beta stuff

><param name="movie" value="http://www.g4tv.com/lv3/54486" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://www.g4tv.com/lv3/54486" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" name="VideoPlayer" width="480" height="382" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true" /></object><div style="margin:0;text-align:center;width:480px;font-family:Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12px;color:#FF9B00;"><a href="http://www.g4tv.com/games/pc/index" style="color:#FF9B00;" target="_blank">PC Games</a> - <a href="http://www.g4tv.com/e3-2012/" style="color:#FF9B00;" target="_blank">E3 2012</a> - <a href="http://www.g4tv.com/games/pc/28197/diablo-3" style="color:#F

KcMizzou 08-01-2011 07:44 PM

"When it's done."

Sigh.

Pants 08-01-2011 07:51 PM

That looks really good, really like all their ideas. Too bad I'll be waist deep in TOR when that comes out.

Imon Yourside 08-03-2011 12:33 AM

I heard they're delaying it until they can release the Diablo III botting edition, does anyone still play D2? if so check out WWW.D2JSP.ORG for all your item needs. :)

listopencil 08-03-2011 10:04 AM

Quote:

Wow, that is interesting. Blizz took a lot of what they learned from Diablo to make WOW so I am thinking that they will slide this into WOW if it works for them. If they do, I might just spend a day farming once a month so I can play for free.

The Franchise 08-03-2011 10:08 AM

So you aren't going to be able to play Diablo 3 offline with no internet connection.

That ****ing sucks.

Pants 08-03-2011 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7797757)
So you aren't going to be able to play Diablo 3 offline with no internet connection.

That ****ing sucks.

Well, you could pirate it, but then you won't be able to play it online should you decide you actually want to.

OmahaChief 08-04-2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7797757)

That ****ing sucks.

Exactly, I hardly ever played Diablo online and now to force me to do so and deal with lag I am pissed.

Valiant 08-04-2011 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OmahaChief (Post 7800656)
Exactly, I hardly ever played Diablo online and now to force me to do so and deal with lag I am pissed.

I think it is the only way to limit the cheaters. If they allow both it will only allow greater holes to be exploited.

Mr. Laz 08-04-2011 02:45 PM

they say that online only is to keep people from playing offline and then getting upset because their offline characters don't port over to online. I think we all know that's bullshit. It's because online only makes it dramatically harder to pirate.

If it works then all games with start being made that way.

Same way the double/triple dipping has become all the rage.

1. buy the game for $50
2. pay $10 monthly online fee
3. pay for DLC

They will keep squeezing as long as people keep paying.

Sofa King 08-04-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7801718)
they say that online only is to keep people from playing offline and then getting upset because their offline characters don't port over to online. I think we all know that's bullshit. It's because online only makes it dramatically harder to pirate.

1. buy the game for $50
3. pay for DLC

That shit is getting old. It's making me want to stop playing those games all together.

But i will be getting D3. I loved D2 too much not to.

Mr. Laz 08-04-2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7801818)
That shit is getting old. It's making me want to stop playing those games all together.

But i will be getting D3. I loved D2 too much not to.

yep ... me too.

Pants 08-04-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7801718)

1. buy the game for $50
3. pay for DLC

Nah, didn't SC2 break the pirating records? That game was online only as well. It's just as easy to pirate them.

I was one of the idiots in D2 who thought you could take your SP character online. IIRC, I was level 33 in SP and was like OK I'M READY! Woops...

/startover

OmahaChief 08-04-2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 7801474)
I think it is the only way to limit the cheaters. If they allow both it will only allow greater holes to be exploited.

What sucks is I generally have no desire to play online for the most part. As long as I can still play a private single player game I will at least buy it.

Mr. Laz 08-05-2011 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7801975)
Nah, didn't SC2 break the pirating records? That game was online only as well. It's just as easy to pirate them.

I was one of the idiots in D2 who thought you could take your SP character online. IIRC, I was level 33 in SP and was like OK I'M READY! Woops...

/startover

which just taught you how to play before you got online ... everybody wins.

seriously if that was really the reason then they could just put a label on the disc saying "characters are NOT portable between offline and online modes"

nah .... it's bullshit

maybe pirating isn't the only reason but the offline/online character excuse is just lame.

Pants 08-05-2011 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7804046)
which just taught you how to play before you got online ... everybody wins.

seriously if that was really the reason then they could just put a label on the disc saying "characters are NOT portable between offline and online modes"

nah .... it's bullshit

maybe pirating isn't the only reason but the offline/online character excuse is just lame.

What's the big deal of having to be connected to the internet to play the game? You can still play single player (just like SC2), you just have to have internet. Were you planning to drop your service and go offline?

Mr. Laz 08-05-2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7804053)
What's the big deal of having to be connected to the internet to play the game? You can still play single player (just like SC2), you just have to have internet. Were you planning to drop your service and go offline?

ah, the old "i don't have an answer so i will just dismiss the question" position. Seem to be the position most companies take nowadays.

Don't give the customer what they want, tell the customer what they want is stupid.

Having to be online gives Blizzard more control and for whatever reason they want that control. So the customer can just shut up and like it.

Pants 08-05-2011 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7804082)
ah, the old "i don't have an answer so i will just dismiss the question" position. Seem to be the position most companies take nowadays.

Don't give the customer what they want, tell the customer what they want is stupid.

Having to be online gives Blizzard more control and for whatever reason they want that control. So the customer can just shut up and like it.

Laz, they're not making you buy the game. LOL

Mr. Laz 08-05-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7804095)
Laz, they're not making you buy the game. LOL

like i said before "So the customer can just shut up and like it."

Pants 08-05-2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7804107)
like i said before "So the customer can just shut up and like it."

Well, you will like it. If you didn't like it, you wouldn't buy the game, silly.

The Franchise 08-05-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7804053)

The big deal? What happens if I go somewhere where I don't have access to the internet but I want to play my game? Now I can't. That's ****ing bullshit.

Pants 08-05-2011 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7804117)
The big deal? What happens if I go somewhere where I don't have access to the internet but I want to play my game? Now I can't. That's ****ing bullshit.

Fair enough, I was wrong. I agree, it's ****ing bullshit. Don't buy the game if you're planning on taking it somewhere with no internet access. Buy Torchlight 2 instead or something, I guess.

Mr. Laz 08-27-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

That has hacking abuse written all over it.

I guess Blizzard charges a fee for each real money transaction too.

Imon Yourside 08-27-2011 01:49 PM

This was an instant buy for me until all the BS details came out, I'm pretty sure i won't buy it at least until i see how it will operate and how it compares to D1 and D2.

Sofa King 08-28-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 7855979)
This was an instant buy for me until all the BS details came out, I'm pretty sure i won't buy it at least until i see how it will operate and how it compares to D1 and D2.

It still should be. I think people are tired of waiting for it so they're tearing apart every little thing.

It's gonna be an awesome game.

Bowser 08-28-2011 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7857357)
It still should be. I think people are tired of waiting for it so they're tearing apart every little thing.

It's gonna be an awesome game.

coughcoughdukenukemforevercough

Sofa King 08-28-2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 7857491)
coughcoughdukenukemforevercough

THAT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN CAUSE BLIZZARD IS THE BESTEST!

Imon Yourside 08-28-2011 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7857510)
THAT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN CAUSE BLIZZARD IS THE BESTEST!

I use to be a blizzard fanboy, then WOW happened. I haven't really liked any of their games Since WOW came out. Yes they do a great job with Polished bug free games, but fun factor is number one in my book and they've lost their burst.

Pants 08-28-2011 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 7857616)
I use to be a blizzard fanboy, then WOW happened. I haven't really liked any of their games Since WOW came out. Yes they do a great job with Polished bug free games, but fun factor is number one in my book and they've lost their burst.

Did they come out with anything except SC2 since WoW? SC2 was Blizzard quality through and through so I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

Imon Yourside 08-28-2011 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7857619)
Did they come out with anything except SC2 since WoW? SC2 was Blizzard quality through and through so I'm not really sure what you're talking about.

Ya i hated Starcraft 1, as far as real strategy goes Total Annihilation/Supreme Commander ruined All other Real Time Strategy series' for me. I loved warcraft 1 and 2, but hated Warcraft III.

Pants 08-28-2011 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 7857640)
Ya i hated Starcraft 1, as far as real strategy goes Total Annihilation/Supreme Commander ruined All other Real Time Strategy series' for me. I loved warcraft 1 and 2, but hated Warcraft III.

OK, but WoW had nothing to do with any of those games.

Imon Yourside 08-28-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7857643)
OK, but WoW had nothing to do with any of those games.

I was just saying at the time they changed programmers and artists they lost me. The kiddie graphics just don't do it for me.

Sofa King 08-28-2011 03:06 PM

The only complaint i have with Blizzard right now is the fact that they've dumbed down some of their games so much that any little kid can run a better character. Diablo used to be hard for most of the people. Now they've even taken out stat builds. You no longer can put your own attributes in, it does it automatically. You can still do skills at least.

listopencil 08-28-2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7857744)
The only complaint i have with Blizzard right now is the fact that they've dumbed down some of their games so much that any little kid can run a better character. Diablo used to be hard for most of the people. Now they've even taken out stat builds. You no longer can put your own attributes in, it does it automatically. You can still do skills at least.

Yeah, it's true. They say that they are trying to make the game more fun/interesting for casual players. What they did was **** over the stats and drop a lot of time sinks into the game instead of content. So you get a lot of mindless stupid shit to grind.

Mr. Laz 08-28-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7857744)

they also got it so you can just re-do your character stats on the fly. You mess up the stats and you can just change them and not have to make a new guy or anything.

They are trying to make it more user friendly when it reality they just make character planning and work meaningless. Any moron can just start smashing buttons and eventually ask someone what to do and have a good character.

replayability takes a hugh hit because nobody with have to 'start over' and do it right. A game needs to be difficult and have consequences or it becomes boring and lame.

Hell i remember getting to the Hell level in Diablo II and finding out the hard way the my sorc couldn't kill some monsters because of their resists. LMAO

Imon Yourside 08-28-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7858321)
they also got it so you can just re-do your character stats on the fly. You mess up the stats and you can just change them and not have to make a new guy or anything.

They are trying to make it more user friendly when it reality they just make character planning and work meaningless. Any moron can just start smashing buttons and eventually ask someone what to do and have a good character.

replayability takes a hugh hit because nobody with have to 'start over' and do it right. A game needs to be difficult and have consequences or it becomes boring and lame.

Hell i remember getting to the Hell level in Diablo II and finding out the hard way the my sorc couldn't kill some monsters because of their resists. LMAO

They have respecs in diablo 2 now, i don't have a problem with that. As far as the sorc not being able to kill anything, that was changed in 1.10. Prior to that the sorc just racked through everything.

Hammock Parties 08-28-2011 09:40 PM

damn i forgot how much i loved diablo 1 and 2... I'm definitely going to load them up tonight and have some fun

Hammock Parties 08-28-2011 10:26 PM

i hate that diablo 3 is going to be online only, and items will be able to be sold for real life cash on their own market... oh well, ill still have to give it a try whenever it comes out, but on a fairly short leash

Mr. Laz 08-29-2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 7858645)
They have respecs in diablo 2 now

:shake:

weak sauce for pussies who can't man-up and work to be good.

Sofa King 08-29-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7859753)

Auto allocation pretty much eliminates many people's goal of trying to build a unique and more powerful character than everyone else.

Really pisses me off that they dumb these games down so much.

Mr. Laz 08-29-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7859850)
Auto allocation pretty much eliminates many people's goal of trying to build a unique and more powerful character than everyone else.

Really pisses me off that they dumb these games down so much.

having to go back and start another character, because you spent a few skill points wrong, adds pressure and really invests people in their character development.

having auto points and respecs just means nobody really gives a shit.

easier =/= good

It's human nature ... strife,difficulty and hard work make the good things feel even better. Sense of accomplishment.

one of my pet peeves for RPG's is when that attributes/skills really don't mean much because the game is so easy it doesn't matter what you pick.

I understand that some people like how the skills change the storyline.

Ohhh, i'm a bad guy and now the people yell at me *ooh shiver*

i'm not really into that part of the RPG stuff. I'm into character building and problem solving. Then i use battle to gauge how well i solved the problem in character development.

Sofa King 08-30-2011 10:19 AM

http://8.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/95/9...bf0f1df392.jpg

Saulbadguy 08-30-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7859891)
having to go back and start another character, because you spent a few skill points wrong, adds pressure and really invests people in their character development.

having auto points and respecs just means nobody really gives a shit.

easier =/= good

It's human nature ... strife,difficulty and hard work make the good things feel even better. Sense of accomplishment.

one of my pet peeves for RPG's is when that attributes/skills really don't mean much because the game is so easy it doesn't matter what you pick.

I understand that some people like how the skills change the storyline.

Ohhh, i'm a bad guy and now the people yell at me *ooh shiver*

i'm not really into that part of the RPG stuff. I'm into character building and problem solving. Then i use battle to gauge how well i solved the problem in character development.

I really do agree with you, however Blizzard realized it needs to cater to the widest audience out there.

I think we will both enjoy Diablo 3...maybe not as much as the first or second, but I think it will have something there for everyone.

Imon Yourside 08-30-2011 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7859753)

In all honesty it takes less than 12 hours for me to get to lvl 85, so I guess blizzard thinks they can cut down on character creation/space issues by allowing respecs.

Setsuna 09-03-2011 10:16 AM

I stopped playing WoW. Went to Rift.

drunkie 09-03-2011 05:14 PM

blizzard posted the beta facts on there d3 site just the other day. so i would assume the beta should be starting this month

Sofa King 09-03-2011 06:05 PM

I figured Beta would be in September.

Sofa King 09-20-2011 09:54 AM

Some of the armor sets are going to look badass.

http://oi55.tinypic.com/2rm33th.jpg

http://img854.imageshack.us/img854/5...btestchaos.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-mAdumpN1AX...rinventory.jpg

Sofa King 09-20-2011 09:59 AM

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/7...badassblue.jpg

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/16/monkbadass.jpg

http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/4...torwhotest.jpg

http://oi55.tinypic.com/2q1gxad.jpg

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/616...eviagraset.jpg

http://oi52.tinypic.com/eu216x.jpg

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/1...scarymovie.jpg

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/4...lilimanfax.jpg

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/7258/doctorwhaxe.jpg

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/1...opchopbarb.jpg

Shitload more here.

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/2912...s-and-weapons/

The Franchise 09-20-2011 10:04 AM

That looks badass.

Sofa King 09-20-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 7926947)
That looks badass.

Word. The Barbarians look to have unlimited awesome.

The Franchise 09-20-2011 03:06 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FutNsZVjawo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ModSocks 09-20-2011 04:02 PM

I never got into the Diablo thing. This like WoW?

Pants 09-20-2011 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 7927934)

Nah.

Sofa King 09-21-2011 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 7927934)

Negative.

Sofa King 09-21-2011 01:48 PM

Exactly who here plans on buying Diablo3 when it comes out?

allen_kcCard 09-21-2011 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7930472)

Depends on how quickly I can get a computer built (or rebuilt) that can do it justice. But I'd definately like to. Is there a release date for it yet?

Saulbadguy 09-21-2011 01:53 PM

I'd murder a puppy to get a beta key.

Saulbadguy 09-21-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7930472)

I'll pre-order it as soon as it's available.

Sofa King 09-21-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 7930485)
Depends on how quickly I can get a computer built (or rebuilt) that can do it justice. But I'd definately like to. Is there a release date for it yet?

They're doing the beta now.

Diablo3.com

Looks like it's awesome as hell. I'm gonna preorder this bitch.

Pants 09-21-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 7930493)
I'll pre-order it as soon as it's available.

Are you planning on playing TOR?

Saulbadguy 09-21-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7930552)

Already pre-ordered.

allen_kcCard 09-21-2011 02:19 PM

TOR?

EDIT: Oh, nvm...The Old Republic

Pants 09-21-2011 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 7930568)
Already pre-ordered.

Sweet. CP people who don't have prior guild arrangements should roll together.

Sofa King 09-21-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7930552)

That's the Star Wars one right?

Negative on that. Never really got into the Stars Wars games.

Pants 09-21-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7930594)
That's the Star Wars one right?

Negative on that. Never really got into the Stars Wars games.

I don't like Star Wars either, but KOTOR was Bioware's masterpiece and is undeniably one of the best RPGs ever made. This is going to be the successor to that masterpiece (only about a thousand times bigger).

Saulbadguy 09-21-2011 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7930586)
Sweet. CP people who don't have prior guild arrangements should roll together.

I created a sith guild.

Pants 09-21-2011 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 7930628)
I created a sith guild.

Oh, never mind.

allen_kcCard 09-21-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 7930628)
I created a sith guild.

Past tense? It is out already?

Pants 09-21-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 7930698)
Past tense? It is out already?

No, but people can create guilds online, I think. Too bad Saul is a lame ass Sith.