ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life My wife and I need your help. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=178975)

go bo 01-19-2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
She's always welcome at Edgewood Construction. Unfortunately, nobody is paid well there - not even the owner.

well, edgewood construction has a certain appeal to it...

but whatever you call yourself now, i'd still recommend you to anyone who's looking for excellent workmanship for a remodel, repair or new construction...

OnTheWarpath15 01-19-2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief
Don't know anyone at those companies or in the construction business but I'll keep my ear to the ground. Anything I can do let me know.

Thanks, Doug.

If you hear of anyone looking for someone to fill a sales/marketing/business development position, regardless of industry, let us know.

Phobia 01-19-2008 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go bowe
well, edgewood construction has a certain appeal to it...

but whatever you call yourself now, i'd still recommend you to anyone who's looking for excellent workmanship for a remodel, repair or new construction...

Thanks. It's been Edgewood for the past 3 years. Prior to that it was Good Help These Days and I let my Dad keep that name when I parted with him. Great business name but it has a handyman flavor that I don't like.

Unfortunately for you I'm now stocking those disposals I installed for you for $30 cheaper than Home Depot. Wish I could have saved you that money at the time.

If you don't mind, please head over to my website and drop some customer feedback. http://edgewoodconstruction.com/?page_id=12

ChiefsFan4Life 01-19-2008 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58
If you hear of anyone looking for someone to fill a sales/marketing/business development position, regardless of industry, let us know.

My company might be on the prowl for a new business developer very soon. They are very picky about their BD's. This would be sales in IT Consulting. Her territory would most likely be focused on St. Louis (the company is in St. Louis)

Does she have any experience in sales for consulting companies?

wutamess 01-20-2008 04:10 AM

Quote:

She's always welcome at Edgewood Construction. Unfortunately, nobody is paid well there - not even the owner.

That reminds me...
I need a receipt for the work you've done.
Or did you give it to me already?
Tax time is knockin.

kepp 01-20-2008 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58
It's never a good time to lose a job, but it's extremely difficult to find work late in a calendar year. We're hoping that 2008 brings about an opportunity for her, and I'm hoping someone out there might be able to get her in touch with someone who appreciates her talents.

My wife and I just had dinner and watched the MU/KU game last night with a couple and the guy is in a mgmt position for a const company here in KC - he was talking about working on a big project down on the plaza right now and being short on people. I really don't know if they're short of laborers or what (don't really know anything about const biz). My wife is friends with his wife and I just met him last night so I'll have my wife talk to her first to see what kind of help they're needing. Like I said, I don't know anything about that biz and there may not be an opportunity there, but I'll find out.

Phobia 01-20-2008 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wutamess
That reminds me...
I need a receipt for the work you've done.
Or did you give it to me already?
Tax time is knockin.

Dropped it in the mailbox with your key.

penguinz 01-20-2008 09:39 AM

Quote:

Thanks. It's been Edgewood for the past 3 years. Prior to that it was Good Help These Days and I let my Dad keep that name when I parted with him. Great business name but it has a handyman flavor that I don't like.

Unfortunately for you I'm now stocking those disposals I installed for you for $30 cheaper than Home Depot. Wish I could have saved you that money at the time.

If you don't mind, please head over to my website and drop some customer feedback. http://edgewoodconstruction.com/?page_id=12

Phobia- Was looking at your site and saw that you offer tool rental. What kind of deal would you have on an angled floor nailer?

Phobia 01-20-2008 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz
Phobia- Was looking at your site and saw that you offer tool rental. What kind of deal would you have on an angled floor nailer?

I sub my hardwoods out so I haven't ever purchased a floor nailer. Sorry.

Sorry also to OTWP for the Edgewood posts in this thread. My fault.

penguinz 01-20-2008 09:50 AM

Quote:

Thanks.

OnTheWarpath58 - Sorry to go off-topic. :(

mikeyis4dcats. 01-20-2008 11:04 AM

OP- I know one of the JE Dunn managers in Topeka. I can PM you his name if you'd like, but honestly, from my understanding of JED, EVERYTHING is decided in KC, so that's where the action is.

OnTheWarpath15 01-20-2008 11:10 AM

Quote:

Are you kidding?

It's a non-issue. If this thread can help anyone out there find work, then so be it.

No apology necessary guys.

OnTheWarpath15 01-20-2008 11:13 AM

Thanks to those of you who have replied this far. We really appreciate it.

The HNTB lead looks pretty good, they are hiring a Senior Marketing Coordinator in KC right now, and that fits her profile perfectly.

Thanks everyone, and please, keep the ideas coming.

Mosbonian 01-20-2008 11:52 AM

OTP58:

If the lead at HNTB doesn't work out, have her look at the ARAMARK website link below, as we have many good positions all over the country.

http://www.aramark.com/ContentTempla...&ChannelID=285

ARAMARK is a solid company with good benefits and plenty of personal growth opportunities.

mmaddog

banyon 01-20-2008 02:01 PM

Plenty of Construction opportunities out here in Dodge, if she wants to work for $10.00 an hour and learn a new language.

Seriously though, good luck in your tough times.