ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football What would it take for your fanhood to change. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272766)

Direckshun 05-04-2013 09:10 AM

What would it take for your fanhood to change.

I debated this a couple times the past season.

I get sick, sometimes, of the Chiefs honestly doing all the important things wrong. Underwhelming free agency classes, poor drafts, frequent coaching and regime changes.

What if I just hopped on the Seahawks wagon? What would that cost me?

Good coaching, great quarterbacking, player acquisitions and good drafts. Good fans, best stadium in the country...

What stands in my way, honestly?

MTG#10 05-04-2013 09:12 AM

Years of heartache will make it that much sweeter when we finally do win a SB (has to happen eventually, right?). If you're a Seahawks fan and they win one it wont feel very special to you.

AussieChiefsFan 05-04-2013 09:13 AM

I couldn't imagine being a fan of another NFL team as much as I am for the Chiefs. Sometimes it does get tough being a Chiefs fan, but really, I couldn't imagine being as hardcore a fan for a different team.

KCTitus 05-04-2013 09:15 AM

Bye.

Who switches teams besides women and metrosexuals?

Direckshun 05-04-2013 09:15 AM

Honestly, if I were going to jump on another team, it would just be another underachieving perennial disappointment like the Browns or Bills.

I've long felt that if hipsters got into the NFL, the Buffalo Bills would be the official team of hipsters.

Bewbies 05-04-2013 09:16 AM

Won't switch, but care a helluva lot less than I used to.

el borracho 05-04-2013 09:19 AM

My fandom has changed... from overly connected (outcome of games actually affected my mood), to connected (watch and enjoy all games- win or lose), to apathetic (watch games out of habit, not really all that enjoyable), to my current state of disconnection (don't plan on watching any games until the Chiefs get serious at the QB position). I won't follow another team- I simply won't watch until my team gets back on course.

J Diddy 05-04-2013 09:19 AM

I'm just sick of people bitching about everything. So if you hopping teams means 1 less person I've got to listen bitching about everything, I'm all for it.

Get you a Wilson jersey and a smile.

MTG#10 05-04-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el borracho (Post 9656614)
My fandom has changed... from overly connected (outcome of games actually affected my mood), to connected (watch and enjoy all games- win or lose), to apathetic (watch games out of habit, not really all that enjoyable), to my current state of disconnection (don't plan on watching any games until the Chiefs get serious at the QB position). I won't follow another team- I simply won't watch until my team gets back on course.

That's how Ive been about the Royals. Needless to say, I haven't watched baseball since the 80's until this season.

RealSNR 05-04-2013 09:22 AM

If Pioli were retained, I was going to switch. And I wouldn't have thought anything of it.

**** a franchise that allows itself to get eaten alive by that kind of cancer.

wazu 05-04-2013 09:25 AM

In some ways, my fanhood has already changed. From being more concerned with the Chiefs, to being more concerned with my fantasy team.

Of course, if I could choose, I'd pick the Chiefs to win the Superbowl every year and my fantasy team to be terrible. But since the Chiefs aren't even really interested in a Superbowl, might as well focus on something that isn't hopeless. There are some football weekends that I am over the moon happy about a fantasy game. With the Chiefs, even when they win there is a feeling of "yeah, but".

Kidd Lex 05-04-2013 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 9656622)
In some ways, my fanhood has already changed. From being more concerned with the Chiefs, to being more concerned with my fantasy team.

Of course, if I could choose, I'd pick the Chiefs to win the Superbowl every year and my fantasy team to be terrible. But since the Chiefs aren't even really interested in a Superbowl, might as well focus on something that isn't hopeless. There are some football weekends that I am over the moon happy about a fantasy game. With the Chiefs, even when they win there is a feeling of "yeah, but".

This. I could never change teams, just turn my dial of attention away from the Chiefs and towards my fantasy team.

Damn that's pathetic.

DaFace 05-04-2013 09:27 AM

I could never switch. I grew up a Chiefs fan, and it's a connection I have to my dad, so it'll never go away.

However, I have been rooting for a secondary team (in this case, my brother's team in the 49ers) just to give me something entertaining to watch on Sundays.

ModSocks 05-04-2013 09:29 AM

Nothing. I have battered fan syndrome. No matter how many times the chiefs kick me in the face, i come back for more.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 05-04-2013 09:29 AM

As much time as I've spent in other towns around the US, I've had plenty of chances to start rooting for the local team. Just never saw much point in it.

I grew up a Chiefs fan in the golden years of the 60s and 70s.
I've been a Chiefs fan through the depressing late 70 and the 80s.
I've lived through the Marty, Gunther, Dick, Herm, Todd, Romeo era of almost having good enough teams

I figure I can hang on a few more years.