ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260011)

Sorter 05-30-2012 01:30 PM

Madden 2013

Due to the Madden 12 thread, I'd thought i'd post what the news is about this years edition.

-There will be no more picks from defenders looking over the shoulder or having the ball come over head. Defense must face the ball.
- Super jump abilities for LBs/DBs has been taken away
-Receiver icons will light up for pass plays when they would expect the ball on certain routes. Doesn't mean they're open, but when they would expect the ball coming out of breaks.
-There are new accuracy tweaks. They want you to throw into windows instead of waiting for the receiver gets open (almost impossible on 12)
- New throwing motions, and specific drop backs for all qbs (3,5,7 step drops)
-QBs do PA faster so you don't get raped by defenses constantly.

All I've heard so far really, but it seems that this game should play better. However, that is what is said every year. Until Madden gets a true competitor imo (2ksports) they will continue to put out a shitty product.

The Franchise 05-30-2012 01:32 PM

I'm not buying until they fix the franchise mode.

Mama Hip Rockets 05-30-2012 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 8647997)
-QBs do PA faster so you don't get raped by defenses constantly.

Finally! It has been nearly impossible to use PA on this game for years.

Sorter 05-30-2012 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8648008)

supposedly, they are changing the potential so that it reflects how the players perform in franchise mode. I agree though, it has been dismal at best.

Kyle DeLexus 05-30-2012 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8648008)

The sad thing is the Franchise mode tweaks are what made me buy it on release last year. Then franchise mode sucked an egg. Most of their tweaks were cosmetic at best and didn't fix the core problems. I couldn't trade up to #1 or #2 from #4 for three firsts, then another team trades to #1 from the #10 range for two firsts and a fourth.

The roster expansion was great on paper, but it didn't matter how well your players performed in the preseason they had set ratings they would end up in the end. The scouting was just as bad as ever. FA bidding was a decent feature, but they should let you pick the players you are interested in before bidding starts so they aren't lost in a giant shit storm. There were plenty of other problems and I could have lived with them if they hadn't made all the claims about the improved franchise mode.

On the subject of 2013, I'm undecided. On one hand if they actually make the changes they have claimed, it will be the best football game of all time. On the other, they usually **** up when they claim they fixed something (see franchise mode stuff above).

I'll probably buy it.

ModSocks 05-30-2012 05:38 PM

Same shit different day.

SnakeXJones 05-30-2012 05:43 PM

Madden 12 was just a giant POS

The Franchise 05-30-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8648418)
The sad thing is the Franchise mode tweaks are what made me buy it on release last year. Then franchise mode sucked an egg. Most of their tweaks were cosmetic at best and didn't fix the core problems. I couldn't trade up to #1 or #2 from #4 for three firsts, then another team trades to #1 from the #10 range for two firsts and a fourth.

The roster expansion was great on paper, but it didn't matter how well your players performed in the preseason they had set ratings they would end up in the end. The scouting was just as bad as ever. FA bidding was a decent feature, but they should let you pick the players you are interested in before bidding starts so they aren't lost in a giant shit storm. There were plenty of other problems and I could have lived with them if they hadn't made all the claims about the improved franchise mode.

On the subject of 2013, I'm undecided. On one hand if they actually make the changes they have claimed, it will be the best football game of all time. On the other, they usually **** up when they claim they fixed something (see franchise mode stuff above).

I'll probably buy it.

I won't buy it until they fix the issue of the other 31 teams in Franchise mode being ****ing stupid as shit. It's the same old bullshit. Team A has a 98 overall RB....and goes out and drafts one in the 1st round of the draft. And then goes and signs the top RB in FA. ****ing stupid.

Three years into a franchise and 75% of the teams are ****ed for cap room and huge name players are getting released because they can't afford them.

I shouldn't have to control 32 ****ing teams and make the decisions for them.

Quesadilla Joe 05-30-2012 07:06 PM

I miss the training camp feature the most. Madden always had a ratings cap on players but when they had training camp it didn't matter what the cap was because you could level them up in training camp.

kcxiv 05-30-2012 07:16 PM

Yeah I paass on madden until another company is able to make a game. If they don't then I don't at like ive been doing since 2005. I do miss playing though.

Kyle DeLexus 05-30-2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel>Manning (Post 8648578)
I miss the training camp feature the most. Madden always had a ratings cap on players but when they had training camp it didn't matter what the cap was because you could level them up in training camp.

I did like the training camp feature.

Quesadilla Joe 05-30-2012 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle DeLexus (Post 8648600)
I did like the training camp feature.

It made you get really good at user catching/tackling too.

Bump 05-30-2012 11:52 PM

Madden has been shit since 2006.

It's simple economics.

No competition is bad for consumer. Plain and simple.

Easy 6 05-31-2012 12:06 AM

I'm wanting to play again, i'll get it.

The Chiefs are going to kill some fools this year.

Sorter 05-31-2012 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 8649040)
I'm wanting to play again, i'll get it.

The Chiefs are going to kill some fools this year.

The top teams, IMO are going to be NE, 49ers, Eagles, Giants, Texans, Chiefs, Seattle, Carolina, GB, Detroit, and Dallas.

NE and San Fran are by far the two best. They're going to destroy with their lineups for Madden