ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

rocknrolla 12-01-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9166625)
Don't know this person and don't know if true, but if so it's just heart-breaking

Johnny Coltrane ‏@Chief_Wildcat
If it is Javon Belcher and his girlfriend, they're leaving behind a 2.5 month old baby. All I can do is shake my head.

If this is true. Belcher was a selfish coward. To do that to everyone involved is just beyond words. My prayers go out to all of them.

KC_Lee 12-01-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9166695)
I am essentially without words right now. I feel for that woman and her child, along with Jevon if this was a mental state and not a burst of anger. I also feel guilty for having thoughts on how this affects the Chiefs future and the things we are hoping to get out of it, but I can't lie, it's going through my head as well.

Same here, in fact that was one of my first thoughts after seeing the news on FB via SOC's page.

NJChiefsFan 12-01-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9166692)
Just cancel the damn game. Neither team is going to the playoffs and there is no reason to try to play this game.

You have to at some point. Who wins and loses affects draft positioning for a lot of teams, not just them.

dirk digler 12-01-2012 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9166688)
Why did he have to take someone with him?

Just taking a guess here but in most cases like this the woman threatens to leave and take the kid. Or course could have been an accidental killing and guilt overwhelmed him..

Hootie 12-01-2012 10:10 AM

The game is not going to be canceled

Dave Lane 12-01-2012 10:10 AM

This is SO ****ed up!

Robo-Chachi 12-01-2012 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by memyselfI (Post 9166696)
I also wonder if it's also because it's Saturday morning when almost all of the stations are showing their Federally mandated educational programming. There are a ton of kids watching but more importantly they would have to re-air the programs at a later time or date if they fail to air them now.

Yeah, I thought not breaking in might have to do with a bunch of kids watching zoo shows all of the sudden being fed details of a murder/suicide.

DeezNutz 12-01-2012 10:11 AM

The more I think about it, the more pissed off I am at what an epic bag of shit this guy is. Destroys countless lives, literally and figuratively, including that of a baby, while forever tarnishing the legacy of a franchise.

We'll have to see this shit on a 30 and 30 in a few years.

Rausch 12-01-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coach (Post 9166694)
I agree with you to a point, but what if he was suffering a untreated medical issue, like depression? I mean, people who suffer untreated medical issues can do irrational things.

Just throwing that out there, that's all.

It's still a shitty situation one way or another.

Doesn't matter.

You're still an incredible POS for murdering someone and then making a point of hurting others by offing yourself in front of them.

NJChiefsFan 12-01-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 9166700)
Same here, in fact that was one of my first thoughts after seeing the news on FB via SOC's page.

You get so caught up in the Chiefs BEING life sometimes. I can't just jump out of that, especially if this was a murder of rage. SOC, winning games somehow from inspiration, who we take, who maybe doesn't get fired now....silly things compared to a life and future of a baby, but they are going through my head.

Rausch 12-01-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9166706)
The more I think about it, the more pissed off I am at what an epic bag of shit this guy is.

This.

BigMeatballDave 12-01-2012 10:11 AM

I blame Scott Pioli

CaliforniaChief 12-01-2012 10:12 AM

I don't know how you can possibly expect those coaches who witnessed that and those players who knew him to take the field and play a game tomorrow.

jAZ 12-01-2012 10:12 AM

Sports Center had it as their opening segment this hour. But didn't have much. Now it's next on upcoming list.

OnTheWarpath15 12-01-2012 10:12 AM

News organizations doing the right thing by not confirming the name of the player. Hope his family doesn't find out via Twitter or Facebook.

What a mess.