ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Star Wars: The Old Republic (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=204523)

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-26-2009 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 6001702)
YOu cant have Dark Side and the good side and not have pvp. If it didnt, whats the damned point?

I just know me and my mmo crew that i been gaming with for about 8 years now are going to tear it up. Well, as long as it keeps looking good.

I can't ****ing wait for this shit. I've got two mad video game skills in this life:

"Lightsabers or Light Cycles; your ass is MINE". :fire:

keg in kc 08-26-2009 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 6001702)
YOu cant have Dark Side and the good side and not have pvp. If it didnt, whats the damned point?

Apparently you can accrue dark and light side points whether you're sith or republic, which itself will be a new concept in MMOs. Meaning you can play a redeemed sith or a fallen jedi, and your skills or jedi abilities will somehow reflect that. Which could make faction-based PvP a little difficult.

(at least I think that's what they're planning...)

Silock 08-26-2009 09:25 AM

But if the whole game is like what they're showing, I'm going to have to pass. I want to see a sense of scale, not running around doing dinky missions until I hit the level cap.

keg in kc 08-26-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 6002169)
But if the whole game is like what they're showing, I'm going to have to pass. I want to see a sense of scale, not running around doing dinky missions until I hit the level cap.

Everything we've seen in demos is from early-on in the game. Although they are not targetting hardcore gamers and say most of the 200 hours of scripted content per character can be soloed.

PvP and raiding have both been confirmed, however.

Silock 08-26-2009 10:30 AM

Well, that's good. I'd still like to see it in action before I make a final decision, though.

Hopefully I can get the wife in on the ground floor with this one. She just recently started playing WoW with me, and it's been a chore since I know everything about it and she doesn't.

oaklandhater 08-26-2009 04:57 PM

Has any one seen the new gameplay from Gamescon on IGN the game is looking very nice for such an early build.

Valiant 08-26-2009 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 6002169)

I think that is because most endgame will be pvp battles.. Well at least I hope so.. The good thing is they can come up with new villains/heroes by doing old republic..

I just want to see large scale battles (80-100 people) in man on man, vehicle, and space battles

keg in kc 08-27-2009 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 6004126)
I think that is because most endgame will be pvp battles.. Well at least I hope so.. The good thing is they can come up with new villains/heroes by doing old republic..

I just want to see large scale battles (80-100 people) in man on man, vehicle, and space battles

I hope not, because I have zero interest in pvp. I'd like to have something to do once I hit the level cap.

Oh, speaking of space battles, they apparently are working towards having space in the game, but I don't know how.

oaklandhater 08-27-2009 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6004965)
I hope not, because I have zero interest in pvp. I'd like to have something to do once I hit the level cap.

Oh, speaking of space battles, they apparently are working towards having space in the game, but I don't know how.

They said there will be raid's but they also said there will be no true healer/tank class in the game so how raid's will work is anybody's guess.

keg in kc 08-27-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaklandhater (Post 6005641)
They said there will be raid's but they also said there will be no true healer/tank class in the game so how raid's will work is anybody's guess.

I don't know about how they'd address healing, but the Sith Warrior class revealed in the ign video from gamescom seemed awfully tank-like to me. Melee combat, aoe enrage ability, and apparently can trait to defend your group from blaster fire.

NewChief 08-27-2009 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6005701)
I don't know about how they'd address healing, but the Sith Warrior class revealed in the ign video from gamescom seemed awfully tank-like to me. Melee combat, aoe enrage ability, and apparently can trait to defend your group from blaster fire.

I wondered how they were going to keep everyone from wanting to play a jedi. Now I see how: they've made the Jedi class very boring in combat, imo. It just doesn't look that exciting to play, to me. The sith warrior seemed to use the exact same attacks over and over. The fast-close ability, then slash slash slash with the saber.

keg in kc 08-27-2009 12:01 PM

Low-level toon I think. I don't know of any MMO that has real exciting varied skills until you get a lot of levels under you.

Valiant 08-27-2009 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 6004965)

The problem with the lore is the villains or bosses would have to be people.. It is not like other mmo where the boss is 50ft tall and everyone can see him.. If the raid bosses are jedi/sith they would get lost with 20+ raiders all attacking..

And I do not think there will be healing classes in the game..

The game is hard to describe as a traditional mmo because of this, maybe eve online is the closest to it..

Valiant 08-27-2009 05:29 PM

Will be fun to see how they develop this game..

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-27-2009 07:42 PM

This game looks like it will be KOTOR with real-time combat.