ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk Chiefs 2018 opponents and schedule possibilities (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=314682)

pugsnotdrugs19 03-31-2018 12:34 PM

Let's talk Chiefs 2018 opponents and schedule possibilities

Official schedule drops in a couple weeks. First and foremost, the essentials:

HOME: Denver Broncos, Los Angeles Chargers, Oakland Raiders, Arizona Cardinals, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals, Jacksonville Jaguars, San Francisco 49ers

AWAY: Denver Broncos, Los Angeles Chargers, Oakland Raiders, Cleveland Browns, Los Angeles Rams, New England Patriots, Pittsburgh Steelers, Seattle Seahawks

Let's discuss what games we think could be primetime matchups. What games do you think will actually be primetime games?

Who do you hope to play week 1? Assuming that it is Mahomes' debut as the official starter, this could be significant. Where do you want the bye week?

Who do you see as the toughest matchups? Easiest? etc.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-31-2018 12:41 PM

Part of me wants a tough home matchup for week one like Jacksonville or SF. I’d like it to be a team that we can really ‘get up’ for to start the season.

And can you imagine if Mahomes and the offense puts up 30+ on a team like Jacksonville to start the season? It’d be a challenge but Reid would have a ton of time to prepare for them.

I see the Rams game as a sure primetimer.

Red Dawg 03-31-2018 12:41 PM

I love how we get go play NE on the road for the second straight year. Thats wonderful.

RunKC 03-31-2018 12:45 PM

Very good homeschedule to go 6-2 at best and a more difficult road schedule to go 5-3 at best IMO.

I’m seeing 10-6

Jewish Rabbi 03-31-2018 12:46 PM

Way to go out on a limb and predict the Mexico game is in prime time.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-31-2018 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 13497376)
I love how we get go play NE on the road for the second straight year. Thats wonderful.

Bradys in for another ass whoopin! Old man Brady gets to square off agianst the rookster. I'd love for that to be week 1

kcpasco 03-31-2018 12:52 PM

I’ll be at the Seattle game so hopefully it’s primetime.

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-31-2018 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 13497376)

Dude, Alex Smith took us to 10-6. We upgraded at QB big time.

Chief Northman 03-31-2018 01:08 PM

If the Chiefs go 6-2 at home or better, they win the division. The home schedule looks very favorable with maybe Jacksonville and San Fran posing the biggest tests. Each will pack a physical run game and stout defense that suits road play.

Going 4-4 on the road is possible, but will be tough. Hopefully the young roster won’t blink of what should be a highly anticipated matchup with the Rams who are now league darlings. Pittsburgh will look to beat us up again, but hopefully we can finally expose their defense like the Jags did. Could be a coming out game for Mahomes if he has success against the zone fire. Is this the year the Pats regress? Buffalo might put up the best fight in the division but not before they figure out the QB position.

I have successfully predicted the Chiefs regular season record three years in a row now. I will not make a prediction until after the schedule release, draft and into training camp. I will hint that I expect a winning record however...

Hog's Gone Fishin 03-31-2018 01:14 PM

with Mahomes under center I think our crowd is going to set records and our homefield advantage will be back.

Chief Northman 03-31-2018 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 13497407)
with Mahomes under center I think our crowd is going to set records and our homefield advantage will be back.

Don’t underestimate the Nelson Spruce factor!

pugsnotdrugs19 03-31-2018 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 13497402)
If the Chiefs go 6-2 at home or better, they win the division. The home schedule looks very favorable with maybe Jacksonville and San Fran posing the biggest tests. Each will pack a physical run game and stout defense that suits road play.

Going 4-4 on the road is possible, but will be tough. Hopefully the young roster won’t blink of what should be a highly anticipated matchup with the Rams who are now league darlings. Pittsburgh will look to beat us up again, but hopefully we can finally expose their defense like the Jags did. Could be a coming out game for Mahomes if he has success against the zone fire. Is this the year the Pats regress? Buffalo might put up the best fight in the division but not before they figure out the QB position.

I have successfully predicted the Chiefs regular season record three years in a row now. I will not make a prediction until after the schedule release, draft and into training camp. I will hint that I expect a winning record however...

I’ve been within a game of being right for the past 3 or 4 years. It’s near impossible to get them all right, but you can get a general sense of the overall Ws and Ls just peeking at the schedule setup.

It’s much easier when Andy Reid is the HC too.

pugsnotdrugs19 03-31-2018 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 13497379)
Way to go out on a limb and predict the Mexico game is in prime time.

Wasn’t really a prediction. Essentially a statement of fact.

Chief Northman 03-31-2018 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 13497409)
I’ve been within a game of being right for the past 3 or 4 years. It’s near impossible to get them all right, but you can get a general sense of the overall Ws and Ls just peeking at the schedule setup.

It’s much easier when Andy Reid is the HC too.

Yes I was referring to record, not individual game outcomes. I never believed KC would win in NE last season, and never believed they would lose to Oakland (*NFL asterisk game with that officiating job, and wanting Oakland to have any kind of relevance halfway through the season....)

DaneMcCloud 03-31-2018 01:22 PM

I would expect that the Patriots and Rams games are a lock for Primetime and that one of the AFC West games would be on TNF.

If the Chiefs offense is as good as it appears on paper, one of their December games will likely be Flexed into SNF.