ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   The Combine's Here, Bitch! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281603)

Direckshun 02-21-2014 11:59 AM

Dorsey takes the podium at 12:15.

Direckshun 02-21-2014 12:24 PM

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 2m
John Dorsey on reports that they aren't re-signing Branden Albert: "Really? I hadn't heard that." #Chiefs

Adam Teicher ‏@adamteicher 1m
Dorsey at podium now at combine. Says Chiefs haven't determined they will not re-sign Albert, contrary to a recent report

BJ Kissel ‏@bkissel7 4m
For #Chiefs to say that publicly about Albert. Even if serious, they have a LOT of work to do on cap to make it feasible. Not even close now

Nick Jacobs ‏@Jacobs71 16m
John Dorsey says they have had conversations with Branden Albert's representatives here & that the conversations are on going. #Chiefs

They are talking to Branden Albert. Will be interesting to see where that goes, if anywhere.

Direckshun 02-21-2014 12:26 PM

Donald Stephenson the frontrunner at LT in 2014, peeps.

Dan Kadar ‏@MockingTheDraft 46s
John Dorsey said Eric Fisher is his right tackle.

Direckshun 02-21-2014 12:27 PM

Dan Kadar ‏@MockingTheDraft 22s
Dorsey said when he got to KC he didn't realize how tough Jamaal Charles was. He said Knile Davis developed, making Charles fresher late.

Another tidbit:

Eddie Wells ‏@EddieW9 9m
#Illini "@SprowESPN: #Chiefs GM John Dorsey says he expects A.J. Jenkins to have a big role next season."

Direckshun 02-21-2014 12:28 PM

Dan Kadar ‏@MockingTheDraft 17s
Dorsey said whatever free agents he signs won't have an effect on his draft board.

blah blah blah

Edit: And that's it. Well, at least we know what angle the Chiefs are taking on Fisher, now.

Direckshun 02-21-2014 12:31 PM

Heh:

Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn 1m
Derek Carr said he's glad there's no expansion teams like his brother had to deal with.

Apparently Carr has a very comfortable swagger that's rare talking with the media. Can't wait for the inevitable Gruden piece on him.

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 2m
Derek Carr is very loose, has the media laughing at his answers. He's a natural.

BJ Kissel ‏@bkissel7 51s
@nfldraftscout impressed how he opened up in Mobile talking about his family one day after practice. Genuine.

Matthew Fairburn ‏@MatthewFairburn 32m
Without question, Derek Carr is the most impressive person I've talked to this week. Everyone raves about him for a reason.

Direckshun 02-21-2014 12:35 PM

Am I updating this thread too much? I feel like I am. LMAO

Storm Johnson is disappointingly small: 6'0", 209. Thought he was bigger than that.

He runs like he's about 15 pounds heavier. He doesn't have the speed you'd like in a 209 lbs guy. Just a kneejerk reaction here, but it's possible he drops off the map.

saphojunkie 02-21-2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10443578)
2014 NFL Combine Rumors: Thursday, Feb. 20, 3:05 p.m.
By Tony Pauline, http://draftinsider.net/

Martavis Bryant, WR, Clemson:
Forty times of the receivers are always something to watch and I'm told the wide out who could surprise everyone is Martavis Bryant of Clemson. Bryant, who goes an unofficial 6-feet, 5-inches, is expected to run in the low 4.3's and could even breach the high 4.2's.

WHAT.

saphojunkie 02-21-2014 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10445073)
Am I updating this thread too much? I feel like I am. LMAO

Storm Johnson is disappointingly small: 6'0", 209. Thought he was bigger than that.

He runs like he's about 15 pounds heavier. He doesn't have the speed you'd like in a 209 lbs guy. Just a kneejerk reaction here, but it's possible he drops off the map.

**** no, I love it brah.

Direckshun 02-21-2014 12:39 PM

Terez A. Paylor ‏@TerezPaylor 31s
#Chiefs GM John Dorsey says he texted Derrick Johnson after his massive hit on Jamaal Charles. "I was mad at him," he said with a laugh.

LMAO

More tweets trickling in about Dorsey's PC:

Terez A. Paylor ‏@TerezPaylor 48s
#Chiefs GM John Dorsey says he doesn't anticipate using the franchise tag.

Herbie Teope ‏@HerbieTeope 49s
#Chiefs GM Dorsey on pending UFAs: “What we’ve done is we’ve reached out to every representative for every UFA that we have.”

Terez A. Paylor ‏@TerezPaylor 1m
Dorsey says the #Chiefs will probably interview about 75 percent of the players before the draft.

Herbie Teope ‏@HerbieTeope 1m
#Chiefs GM John Dorsey on DB Sanders Commings: “I have great confidence in Sanders and his ability to play in the secondary.”

Direckshun 02-21-2014 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 10445078)
WHAT.

Bryant's got Bowe's concentration issues, but he's a player, no doubt. Fantastic measurables. I'd love it if he lasted to the 3rd day, but not with those measurables...

Direckshun 02-21-2014 12:41 PM

Ha! Who knew.

Chris Sembower ‏@ChrisSembower 1m
Random combine stat: The only active QB with a higher Wonderlic test than the #Chiefs Alex Smith is former Harvard QB Ryan Fitzpatrick

Direckshun 02-21-2014 12:47 PM

Jared Abbrederis, Wisconsin, is bigger than I anticipated. 6-1, 195. He could actually play effectively on the outside -- would be one of those fast, smart route-runners that would gel with Smith well.

Marquise Lee is smaller than I expected... 5'11", 192. Second day, here he comes...

Direckshun 02-21-2014 12:51 PM

Outside of the three monster-sized WRs (Evans, Benjamin, and Brandon Coleman), here are the WRs with the biggest hands reported so far:

Odell Beckham, Jr., LSU: 10" (boom -- is there anything not to love about this guy)
Kain Colter, Northwestern: 10"
Mike Davis, Texas: 10"
Anthony Denham, Utah: 10.5" (very large WR, though)
Austin Franklin, New Mexico State: 10"

No notable WRs under 9" though. I think bigger hands is a plus, but I don't think smaller hands are a negative when it comes to WRs. Torrey Smith had like 8" hands.

Edit: TJ Jones (who is also bigger than I thought at 6'0") and Jarvis Landry also have 10+" hands. Jordan Matthews with 10.5" hands. Kevin Norwood @ 10". Willie Snead @ 10.25".

We have our only major sub-9" hands from a major prospect, in Paul Richardson.

warrior 02-21-2014 12:55 PM

[QUOTE=Direckshun;10445073]Am I updating this thread too much? I feel like I am. LMAO

No, your doing a great job keep up the good work. :thumb: