ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

KCrockaholic 10-01-2012 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8969349)
CP basically put Joe Delaney into the Ring 21 years after his death. Took years of effort.

How so?

pr_capone 10-01-2012 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8969353)
Oh hey pr, I get paid later this week. I'll be throwing a little dough your way brother.

http://i.imgur.com/FCBFy.gif

Dayze 10-01-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8969359)

LMAO

Titty Meat 10-01-2012 11:09 PM

Quote:

CP basically put Joe Delaney into the Ring 21 years after his death. Took years of effort.

What'd they do exactly?

teedubya 10-01-2012 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 8969343)
It's too bad we couldn't get one up in Texas, so, you know, Clark could see it.

OMG. Phase 3. Put a billboard near Clark's house in Dallas. Lmao

Frazod 10-01-2012 11:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8969370)

THIS

Phobia 10-01-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8969272)
What happened to the days of just wearing bags over our heads? I understand not putting money into the organization, but I can think of better things we could put our money towards.

Such as? Shots? Fruity frozen beverages? Chiefs tickets? What?

Chiefspants 10-01-2012 11:12 PM

Quote:

ROFL If that didn't send the message, I don't know what would.

|Zach| 10-01-2012 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8969316)
If only we knew of a good photographer....

Haha. I am not going to that god forsaken place this year.

A Salt Weapon 10-01-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8969287)
If the billboard would become a viable option, I'd consider dipping into my Kimber CustomII TLE fund to throw down a hundy

Why not get rid of that nickle plated sissy pistol and get yourself a Glock.
Posted via Mobile Device

Raiderhater 10-01-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8969329)
Well, if it didn't happen 30 years ago, I don't remember it. 10 years ago? I'm screwed.

The only reason I know where I lived then is because I haven't moved. :D

I'm having trouble finding the thread but, I know it happened. Surely there is someone else who remembers and can verify before I start thinking I'm crazy...

Phobia 10-01-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 8969355)
How so?

37 Forever was essentially formed, operated, and funded almost exclusively by members of ChiefsPlanet. Though putting Delaney into the Ring of Honor wasn't what we set out to do, we were all about exposure and remembering the man and his unselfish final act. That eventually culminated in his induction into the Chiefs Ring and aside from funding the Delaney grandchildren swimming lessons, it was one of the last things 37 Forever did before they folded.

Dayze 10-01-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 8969389)
Why not get rid of that nickle plated sissy pistol and get yourself a Glock.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lol
Want a 1911.
And the TLE is black. :harumph:

pr_capone 10-01-2012 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8969310)
Oh, I know it's big. There's just something about it that doesn't really seem cool to me. I'm actually not sure what it is. I am still excited for you all though.

What else can you think of to do so that a group of Chiefs fans can collectively vent at the people in charge?

Raiderhater 10-01-2012 11:19 PM

Quote:

Yep. Our biggest success to date. Pending this this little thing being worked on right now...

KCrockaholic 10-01-2012 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8969394)
37 Forever was essentially formed, operated, and funded almost exclusively by members of ChiefsPlanet. Though putting Delaney into the Ring of Honor wasn't what we set out to do, we were all about exposure and remembering the man and his unselfish final act. That eventually culminated in his induction into the Chiefs Ring and aside from funding the Delaney grandchildren swimming lessons, it was one of the last things 37 Forever did before they folded.

Oh. Cool.

|Zach| 10-01-2012 11:20 PM

I remember my dad doing this a plane happy birthday banner for my mom's birthday years ago...pre 9/11 so there were a lot of them.

We just knew it would come at some point in the 3rd qtr and he kept trying to keep her from going to the bathroom. It worked out well in the end but it was funny for a while.

pimpchief 10-01-2012 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8969402)
What else can you think of to do so that a group of Chiefs fans can collectively vent at the people in charge?

We could all mail pictures of our bare asses to Clark. You get fifty or sixty pictures of hairy anuses in the mail on a consistent day to day basis, and you might just realize somebody doesn't like you.

Frazod 10-01-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpchief (Post 8969418)
We could all mail pictures of our bare asses to Clark. You get fifty or sixty pictures of hairy anuses in the mail on a consistent day to day basis, and you might just realize somebody doesn't like you.

Filthy rich trust fund babies don't open their own mail, dude.

Dayze 10-01-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpchief (Post 8969418)

LMAOLMAO
GOATSE

|Zach| 10-01-2012 11:22 PM

Whoever came up with the billboard of Clark with the red background. A few problems...if I saw that and simply saw donate to and then an email I would think that was some ridiculous scam. What the hell do you need the money for...

Also be careful you don't use an image of Clark one of his entities owns the rights to. They could sue you into oblivion.

Frazod 10-01-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 8969393)
I'm having trouble finding the thread but, I know it happened. Surely there is someone else who remembers and can verify before I start thinking I'm crazy...

I don't think you're crazy. I just think I'm old. :huh:

Kyle DeLexus 10-01-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8969402)

We could stage a sit in at Arrowhead some random Sunday. We could probably even tailgate in the parking lot beforehand. They probably won't let us in if we don't buy tickets though. It could work.

hoops886 10-01-2012 11:24 PM

This is freaking amazing guys. So amazing that I had to come out from lurking just to say so. Save our franchise!

And just like that, he's gone...

AustinChief 10-01-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 8969343)
It's too bad we couldn't get one up in Texas, so, you know, Clark could see it.

I know Clark's neighborhood... not much in the way of billboards. I can't even think of any between where he lives and where he works... well, there are some on 75 but they aren't very visible because the highway is sunken... and that is also serious prime downtown Dallas advertising.. so it would cost a fortune and probably never get noticed... he is far more likely to see one in KC.

Dayze 10-01-2012 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8969424)
Whoever came up with the billboard of Clark with the red background. A few problems...if I saw that and simply saw donate to and then an email I would think that was some ridiculous scam. What the hell do you need the money for...

Also be careful you don't use an image of Clark one of his entities owns the rights to. They could sue you into oblivion.

We could do that "**** yeah" herp derp guy in lieu of Clark

Dayze 10-01-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoops886 (Post 8969431)
This is freaking amazing guys. So amazing that I had to come out from lurking just to say so. Save our franchise!

We never knew ye

BossChief 10-01-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hoops886 (Post 8969431)

Keizer soze?

Raiderhater 10-01-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8969426)
I don't think you're crazy. I just think I'm old. :huh:

Happens to the best of us.

pimpchief 10-01-2012 11:27 PM

Not exaggerating at all when I say this, but I would give up a toe off of each of my feet to see cassel cut tomorrow.

L.A. Chieffan 10-01-2012 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpchief (Post 8969446)
Not exaggerating at all when I say this, but I would give up a toe off of each of my feet to see cassel cut tomorrow.

pussy

BossChief 10-01-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpchief (Post 8969446)

Joeys back!!!!

|Zach| 10-01-2012 11:30 PM

An idea that I have but have no desire to act upon that I think would be more effective. Not more so than the banner idea...that is a good one.

The billboard one I think isn't quite as good...and its really pricey. Instead of having one big message in one place I feel like having an interesting compelling message in a ton of places would be good.

Stickers made...flyers...and just put them everywhere in the city. Something people connect with visually but also gets the message across with a website or something.

Dayze 10-01-2012 11:31 PM

Sell whip cream pies with "fire pioli" at the bottom of the pie pan

|Zach| 10-01-2012 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8969466)
Sell whip cream pies with "fire pioli" at the bottom of the pie pan

LMAO

|Zach| 10-01-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 8969341)
Zach could do a damn good job there but I think he might be busy with Sporting KC that day. I think they have an exhibition game vs the Las Vegas flippernannys.

No more exhibition games left. Just a few regular season games before the post season as the top seed in their conference. :D

pr_capone 10-01-2012 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8969462)
Stickers made...flyers...and just put them everywhere in the city. Something people connect with visually but also gets the message across with a website or something.

Absolutely hysterical. I was typing up a post saying essentially the same thing. Print off flyers and post them up all over the city. Bus stops, light posts, electric boxes, park benches, colleges.... everywhere.

pimpchief 10-01-2012 11:34 PM

Maybe we could pull together enough money to donate to charity to convince Clark to sit down and have a chat over dinner or something with some cp vets who are willing to tell him to his face to wake the **** up.

Dayze 10-01-2012 11:34 PM

We could donate it to the blind and reeruned.

Chief_For_Life58 10-01-2012 11:35 PM

im just spitting ideas here but do you think the banner is a little too straight forward/mean/too much?
maybe something instead like....
Clark, do you not see the problem with this team?
or
Clark: We all see the problem. Do you?
or...?

I say this because what could the repercussions/ if any be from us doing this?

I just don't want anything bad to happen to my team because we, the fans want the best.......Is the banner phrase a little too much to start with our campaign for a contending team?

|Zach| 10-01-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8969480)
Absolutely hysterical. I was typing up a post saying essentially the same thing. Print off flyers and post them up all over the city. Bus stops, light posts, electric boxes, park benches, colleges.... everywhere.

It would be best if it was catchy visually. Not a lot of words. I really honestly don't want to make this political in the least but from a messaging\design school of thought something like the Obama marketing stuff that was made with the face and the two colors and simple wording.

Maybe a "STOP THE MADNESS" with Clark's photo.

pimpchief 10-01-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8969479)
No more exhibition games left. Just a few regular season games before the post season as the top seed in their conference. :D

Am I a pos bandwagon fan if I've always talked shit on soccer, know none of the rules, but decide to now start learning and buy sporting kc gear because they are a good team? I went to a game this year, first time I've ever watched soccer, and it was alot funner than the last chiefs game I went to.

Dayze 10-01-2012 11:37 PM

Pioli Lied, Hope Died

|Zach| 10-01-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpchief (Post 8969495)
Am I a pos bandwagon fan if I've always talked shit on soccer, know none of the rules, but decide to now start learning and buy sporting kc gear because they are a good team? I went to a game this year, first time I've ever watched soccer, and it was alot funner than the last chiefs game I went to.

Well you are a bandwagoner but hey. The league is only 17 years old. You are not alone..especially in KC. Enjoy what you enjoy.

pr_capone 10-01-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 8969487)
im just spitting ideas here but do you think the banner is a little too straight forward/mean/too much?
or
or...?

I just don't want anything bad to happen to my team because we, the fans want the best.......Is the banner phrase a little too much to start with our campaign for a contending team?

Not direct enough. I wanted there to be zero ambiguity as to what we meant by the message.

Raiderhater 10-01-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

or
or...?

They continue to ignore us?

dmahurin 10-01-2012 11:39 PM

Quote:

or
or...?

What bad could happen? Contending team? You're talking about the chiefs right?

pimpchief 10-01-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8969501)
Well you are a bandwagoner but hey. The league is only 17 years old. You are not alone..especially in KC. Enjoy what you enjoy.

I enjoy when the home team wins.

AustinChief 10-01-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Not a chance. There are basically two routes to work he can take from his badass neighborhood (which is already close to the downtown office that he would go to).

Route #1 (the one I would take) has ZERO billboards, is scenic and avoids crazy Dallas drivers... but is probably 10 minutes slower than...

Route #2 (75) has him drive on an often congested freeway which is sunken and has very limited views of any billboards.. there is basically ONE prime location to target. The billboard that smacks you square in the face when you take the Live Oak exit. This one would be the only feasible option, but I doubt he would see it much himself because if I were him, I would probably take Route #1. BUT his employees would certainly see it on the way to the office.

Problem is.. it is PRIME ad space and would likely cost a fortune. may be worth checking though.

https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.7...04.67,,0,-5.56

Raiderhater 10-01-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8969496)
Pioli Lied, Hope Died

I was actually trying to think of something to go with "Pioli Lied" earlier and was drawing a blank. Good job.

Dayze 10-01-2012 11:42 PM

Can we egg his house? Or throw a bag of flaming poop from KCNut on him porch?
We'll be sure to use Price Chopper eggs

Chief_For_Life58 10-01-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 8969505)
They continue to ignore us?

I meant more like team effects....? chemistry, future....? i dunno man...just thinkin..this is a pretty significant thing cp is doing right now

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-01-2012 11:43 PM

Keep the message simple:

"It's Time For a New Chiefs Legacy!"
SaveOurChiefs.com

pimpchief 10-01-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8969512)
Can we egg his house? Or throw a bag of flaming poop from KCNut on him porch?

There are so many things at the local dollar general we could throw at his house.

|Zach| 10-01-2012 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8969509)
Not a chance. There are basically two routes to work he can take from his badass neighborhood (which is already close to the downtown office that he would go to).

Route #1 (the one I would take) has ZERO billboards, is scenic and avoids crazy Dallas drivers... but is probably 10 minutes slower than...

Route #2 (75) has him drive on an often congested freeway which is sunken and has very limited views of any billboards.. there is basically ONE prime location to target. The billboard that smacks you square in the face when you take the Live Oak exit. This one would be the only feasible option, but I doubt he would see it much himself because if I were him, I would probably take Route #1. BUT his employees would certainly see it on the way to the office.

Problem is.. it is PRIME ad space and would likely cost a fortune. may be worth checking though.

https://maps.google.com/maps?ll=32.7...04.67,,0,-5.56

The whole getting someone to "Actually" see the billboard thing is overrated. Not much more is gained by someone physically laying eyes on the thing.

AustinChief 10-01-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8969518)
The whole getting someone to "Actually" see the billboard thing is overrated. Not much more is gained by someone physically laying eyes on the thing.

I agree, I was just pointing out the issue with trying to locate one near him in downtown Dallas, as people keep suggesting... just not feasible IMNSHO.

Chief_For_Life58 10-01-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 8969506)
What bad could happen? Contending team? You're talking about the chiefs right?

Clark being pissed the fans hate him and being a little sandy vagina and ruining the party for us all

Los Angeles Chiefs

Raiderhater 10-01-2012 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 8969515)
I meant more like team effects....? chemistry, future....? i dunno man...just thinkin..this is a pretty significant thing cp is doing right now

What chemistry? Have you watched any of the games this year?

What future? They already have none so long as they stay this course.

We have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

pimpchief 10-01-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 8969525)

Los Angeles Chiefs

Would probably be a better run team with higher expectations than the kansas city version.

Raiderhater 10-01-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 8969525)
Clark being pissed the fans hate him and being a little sandy vagina and ruining the party for us all

Los Angeles Chiefs

If that is the way he feels about it good riddance. We'll replace him with someone who wants to sell a winning product.

teedubya 10-01-2012 11:50 PM

Yeah the billboard in Dallas isn't a good idea. It would now a funny slap in his face, though. Yeah, waaaay too expensive in Dallas... especially in his area. Lol. The thing that's gonna hurt is a blackout in 6 weeks at arrowhead. If we collectively convince people to not show up... that'd be huge.

AustinChief 10-01-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 8969516)
Keep the message simple:

"It's Time For a New Chiefs Legacy!"
SaveOurChiefs.com

I would make a banner for this but my photoshop skills are limited to creating fake pics of people's heads on other bodies or putting chiefsplanet logos over a girl's exposed nipples

Dayze 10-01-2012 11:51 PM

Wish we could photo shop a pic of Pioli flying a commandeered plane.
Haters gonna hate

Raiderhater 10-01-2012 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8969534)
I would make a banner for this but my photoshop skills are limited to creating fake pics of people's heads on other bodies or putting chiefsplanet logos over a girl's exposed nipples

Why would you want to put any kind of logo over a girl's exposed nipples?

Photoshop fail.

AustinChief 10-01-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8969536)
Wish we could photo shop a pic of Pioli flying a commandeered plane.

THIS is something I could do! (but don't have time right now)

ghak99 10-01-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

LMAO LMAO

Dayze 10-01-2012 11:53 PM

You have a homework assignment
Due before 3rd hour metal shop

AustinChief 10-01-2012 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 8969539)
Why would you want to put any kind of logo over a girl's exposed nipples?

Photoshop fail.

So I could post the pic of her and I hanging out in a thread on here .. can't break my own rules!

Chief_For_Life58 10-01-2012 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 8969528)
If that is the way he feels about it good riddance. We'll replace him with someone who wants to sell a winning product.

Replace him? We lose the Chiefs and we'll never get another nfl team in kc

I agree with everyone, Pioli had his chance with this team and i'd give him about a C grade which is no where good enough. New GM,HC,QB.

OK. Im good with the banner now lol

This medicine I just smoked is strong

Raiderhater 10-01-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8969543)
So I could post the pic of her and I hanging out in a thread on here .. can't break my own rules!

Rules fail.

:D

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-01-2012 11:57 PM

Nipples FTW!

Quote:

bench_cassel 10-01-2012 11:57 PM

i've been spreading word out west!

Raiderhater 10-01-2012 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief_For_Life58 (Post 8969545)
Replace him? We lose the Chiefs and we'll never get another nfl team in kc

I agree with everyone, Pioli had his chance with this team and i'd give him about a C grade which is no where good enough. New GM,HC,QB.

OK. Im good with the banner now lol

This medicine I just smoked is strong

The fans here are obviously too passionate for the NFL not to grant us another franchise. Not really the way I prefer all of this to go down but, I'm tired of the status quo.

Dayze 10-01-2012 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 8969556)
The fans here are obviously too passionate for the NFL not to grant us another franchise. Not really the way I prefer all of this to go down but, I'm tired of the status quo.

oddly enough that's the 6th round QB Pioli is scouting from Hawaii

AustinChief 10-01-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 8969550)
Rules fail.

:D

...and discretion fail... I just realized I am posting this in the thread that is being tweeted nationally at the moment. DOH! Don't be surprised if a few posts suddenly disappear from this thread soon..

pr_capone 10-01-2012 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8969560)
...and discretion fail... I just realized I am posting this in the thread that is being tweeted nationally at the moment. DOH! Don't be surprised if a few posts suddenly disappear from this thread soon..

LMAO

Raiderhater 10-02-2012 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 8969558)
oddly enough that's the 6th round QB Pioli is scouting from Hawaii

LOL!

Raiderhater 10-02-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8969560)

LMAO This place is awesome.

dtebbe 10-02-2012 12:20 AM

I just hope someone gets a good HQ pic of it flying above arrowhead.. :cuss:

DT

bench_cassel 10-02-2012 12:20 AM

Is the banner getting flown after the game as well? That would be a powerful message in another blow out loss.