ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

pr_capone 10-01-2012 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 8967887)
Anychance if there is extra letters left that FBHO can be added to the end?
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm already 2 char over limit. :(

clyde05 10-01-2012 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8967458)
It's too bad that Clark and Scott will think one single guy fronted teh money for that rather than a bunch of fans

Exactly what I was thinking

SPATCH 10-01-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8967869)
Fescoe is saying this will do nothing the only way to send a message is an empty stadium.

A large portion of the crowd at the games are "truefans". They are not on the same page as many of us. However, it feels like a lot of truefans are finally starting to come around to the idea that Cassel/Pioli/Crennel are horseshit, and ideas like this banner will only help to keep our current momentum going.

Titty Meat 10-01-2012 04:58 PM

Everyone should link this thread to media on Twitter. Get Phobia to send out a press release. People are def. interested in this.

AustinChief 10-01-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clyde05 (Post 8967901)
Exactly what I was thinking

That's why you have to get the full story out to the media.. if it gets enough press, Clark will know it wasn't just one guy.

In58men 10-01-2012 04:59 PM

I'll throw in $20 for a billboard

pr_capone 10-01-2012 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8967912)
Everyone should link this thread to media on Twitter. Get Phobia to send out a press release. People are def. interested in this.

I just put it on twitter and reddit. This should go on tumblr as well but I don't have an account.

I will work on a press release tonight when I get home from work.

BigRedChief 10-01-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8967845)
In for $50.

Dude, we need your top notch social media, marketing skills so this hits not just the local media but ESPN.
!http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...cikjFhk_I_38Dg

pr_capone 10-01-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 8967917)
I'll throw in $20 for a billboard

This isn't a thread for a ****ing billboard. Banner is what is going up. Billboard might come later but for now its gonna be a banner being flown over arrowhead. I've alredy paid for it so there is no use in pushing for the billboard.

Scorp 10-01-2012 05:02 PM

I'll throw in $50 for coffee mugs. I love me some coffee!

Raiderhater58 10-01-2012 05:02 PM

Put me down down for 20

BigRedChief 10-01-2012 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8967918)
I just put it on twitter and reddit. This should go on tumblr as well but I don't have an account.

I will work on a press release tonight when I get home from work.

The reason the media will lap this story up will be it was a true grass roots effort. Passionate fans chip in $5, $10, $20 whatever the could spare to make our voices heard at one aroowhead drive. That has power in the media.

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-01-2012 05:03 PM

:toast:

Nice work guys. Somtimes this place really kicks ass. I wish I could donate but I'm tapped out at the moment... maybe later down the line if you all keep doing it. I'll be watching for it at any rate and cheering it on.

BryanBusby 10-01-2012 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billay (Post 8967869)
Fescoe is saying this will do nothing the only way to send a message is an empty stadium.

You can hope and dream for it to happen, but it won't. By now we'd have more success getting the crowd to chant "Fire Pioli!" like Detroit fans did at every game before Millen ran off.

Phobia 10-01-2012 05:07 PM

I got $50 for a steak and crab legs dinner.

kcgizmo 10-01-2012 05:08 PM

I am in sent PM

teedubya 10-01-2012 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8967925)
Dude, we need your top notch social media, marketing skills so this hits not just the local media but ESPN.
!http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...cikjFhk_I_38Dg

The biggest buzz this will get will be AFTER the banner has flown... and there are images and media of it.

That being said, i contacted a couple media people and directed them to this thread. I'm sure this will get picked up in a few places... probably ESPN and other sports outlets after it flies on Sunday... and after the 20+ point loss.

BigRedChief 10-01-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8967944)
I got $50 for a steak and crab legs dinner.

dude, you know how the media works. We need a face to put on the local news to give a voice to this, they have to be good looking, be able to put a sentence together and have a cute baby to hold, step to the plate. :thumb:

headsnap 10-01-2012 05:10 PM

It's hard to believe that firegregrobinson.com was almost 10 years ago... good times!

put me down for $25... :thumb:

BigRedChief 10-01-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8967950)
The biggest buzz this will get will be AFTER the banner has flown... and there are images and media of it.

That being said, i contacted a couple media people and directed them to this thread. I'm sure this will get picked up in a few places... probably ESPN and other sports outlets after it flies on Sunday... and after the 20+ point loss.

Your the master. Just do what you do all so well sir. :thumb:

clyde05 10-01-2012 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8967935)
:toast:

Nice work guys. Somtimes this place really kicks ass. I wish I could donate but I'm tapped out at the moment... maybe later down the line if you all keep doing it. I'll be watching for it at any rate and cheering it on.

This I so much want to donate but not in the position to do so at this time, just glad to see chiefs fans are uniting together!!!

MMXcalibur 10-01-2012 05:15 PM

Put me down for $20. I need to feel like I'm helping get this shit franchise in the right direction.

ghak99 10-01-2012 05:16 PM

I'm late to the party, but I'm in for $20. PM me the Paypal info.

Your text works pretty well. If they bench Matt, shorten the banner and fly "We deserve Better - Fire Pioli". If Clark makes it clear Pioli is staying, fly "we deserve better" the rest of the games.

Someone needs to prepare to be the well spoken face of this and emphasize it is a grass roots group effort. It's too easy for Clark & Pioli to slide out of it if people think it's one guy.

CoMoChief 10-01-2012 05:17 PM

October is a month i need to stretch the dollar. If I wasn't going to the Alabama game this month I'd put down $50. I'll do it next month if this is something that will also be done in the future.

teedubya 10-01-2012 05:18 PM

Instead of buying Chiefs merchandise, tickets, jerseys or concessions, Mr. Clark Hunt, the fans are rebelling and buying airplane banners to tell you how much we think you suck. This is beautiful.

acesn8s 10-01-2012 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8967896)
I'm already 2 char over limit. :(

What changes will be made?

BigRedChief 10-01-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8967982)
Instead of buying Chiefs merchandise, tickets, jerseys or concessions, Mr. Clark Hunt, the fans are rebelling and buying airplane banners to tell you how much we think you suck. This is beautiful.

There ya go. Thats the power we have. Our teams decisions are made by multi-millionaires without concern for us fans but, we are not powerless, we have a choice, you will listen to our one loud voice.

Phobia 10-01-2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8967952)
dude, you know how the media works. We need a face to put on the local news to give a voice to this, they have to be good looking, be able to put a sentence together and have a cute baby to hold, step to the plate. :thumb:

Heh. Only thing I have out of those is the cute baby. PR is more than capable. It's his brainchild. I care so little about the Chiefs that I watched the game at my old man's house this Sunday so I wouldn't waste $.74 of electricity powering my bigscreen.

teedubya 10-01-2012 05:27 PM

How about: Fire Pioli. Bench Cassel. cc Get a Clue!

listopencil 10-01-2012 05:28 PM

Damn it. Now I'm going to have to hire the guy to fly a banner that says, "**** those guys, you're doing a great job!"

Mr. Flopnuts 10-01-2012 05:29 PM

I will say that here in Branson, we don't work for 2 months out of the year. We have to put money away in October-December to make sure we eat during the winter. That's the ONLY reason I'm not putting my money where my mouth has been the last couple of years.

The Franchise 10-01-2012 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8968003)
How about: Fire Pioli. Bench Cassel. cc Get a Clue!

LMAO

teedubya 10-01-2012 05:35 PM

Talking to Fox 4 on the phone on this. Eric PM me your number and email.

Scorp 10-01-2012 05:36 PM

CLARK END THE CASSEL/PIOLI EXPERIMENT NOW!

OnTheWarpath15 10-01-2012 05:37 PM

Found a clue: Fire Pioli! www.chiefsplanet.com

41 characters and you get the website a plug.

Regardless, great work guys. Wish I was in a position to help the next flight.

teedubya 10-01-2012 05:37 PM

Fox 4 is all over it. Wants to talk with PR Capone and the owner of the airplane banner company.

We got a story, folks.

chefs fan in omaha 10-01-2012 05:38 PM

I'm in for 20

The Franchise 10-01-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8968020)
Fox 4 is all over it. Wants to talk with PR Capone and the owner of the airplane banner company.

We got a story, folks.

:thumb:

OnTheWarpath15 10-01-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

We got a story, folks.

B-E-A-utiful.

Phobia 10-01-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

We got a story, folks.

Airplane banner should do 3 games for the price of one now that he gets all this press.

SPATCH 10-01-2012 05:40 PM

Solution: WE DESERVE BETTER #FIREPIOLI #BENCHCASSEL (40 characters)

Get the twittersphere buzzing

Titty Meat 10-01-2012 05:40 PM

Bill Maas told me what everyones doing is awesome ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts 10-01-2012 05:41 PM

Quote:

We got a story, folks.

BOOM! You the ****in man, mang.

BryanBusby 10-01-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8968017)
Talking to Fox 4 on the phone on this. Eric PM me your number and email.

I take back negative things I said earlier.

This owns so much right now. Keep on keeping on!

AustinChief 10-01-2012 05:44 PM

Quote:

We got a story, folks.

PR.. let me know on website stuff ASAP so you'll have an address to plug if you want.... or just get with MartyMac and use SaveOurChiefs.com and of course you can always just use ChiefsPlanet.com but I assume you'll want to have something that is more directly "on target" with your message.

BigRedChief 10-01-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8968000)
Heh. Only thing I have out of those is the cute baby. PR is more than capable. It's his brainchild. I care so little about the Chiefs that I watched the game at my old man's house this Sunday so I wouldn't waste $.74 of electricity powering my bigscreen.

Isnt pr in Wichita? No offense to Pr but shoudnt we have someone local? If PR is local, then done deal.

teedubya 10-01-2012 05:47 PM

SaveOurChiefs.com is great... I have already seen NON-CP Chiefs fans sharing their content on FB.

Phobia 10-01-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8968036)
PR.. let me know on website stuff ASAP so you'll have an address to plug if you want.... or just get with MartyMac and use SaveOurChiefs.com and of course you can always just use ChiefsPlanet.com but I assume you'll want to have something that is more directly "on target" with your message.

Look at the front page of the Lounge. What could be more on target with the message? No additional website needed.

Straight, No Chaser 10-01-2012 05:47 PM

Quote:

We got a story, folks.

was thinking this may be better as a surprise, at least for next Sunday. With the media knowing ahead of the game it will certainly leak to Pioli's minions...

bevischief 10-01-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AustinChief (Post 8968036)

LMAO

Wow.

BigRedChief 10-01-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8968026)
Airplane banner should do 3 games for the price of one now that he gets all this press.

yep, we should get a deal.

CoMoChief 10-01-2012 05:48 PM

awesome

MIAdragon 10-01-2012 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8968043)
Isnt pr in Wichita? No offense to Pr but shoudnt we have someone local? If PR is local, then done deal.

agree, you need a local voice.

MIAdragon 10-01-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8968047)
Look at the front page of the Lounge. What could be more on target with the message? No additional website needed.

Truth.

BossChief 10-01-2012 05:49 PM

Why are there some weird circles on the radar around Arrowhead?

BigRedChief 10-01-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straight, No Chaser (Post 8968048)
was thinking this may be better as a surprise, at least for next Sunday. With the media knowing ahead of the game it will certainly leak to Pioli's minions...

So, its public airspace, they cant stop the flights. The just cant fly directly over Arrowhead, but you cant do that anymore since 9.11.

BryanBusby 10-01-2012 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8968059)
Why are there some weird circles on the radar around Arrowhead?

Candy wrapper rings

The Franchise 10-01-2012 05:51 PM

It leaking this early is great. That way it has enough time to make it around to all of the media and everyone is on the lookout before the game.

BigRedChief 10-01-2012 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teedubya (Post 8968045)
SaveOurChiefs.com is great... I have already seen NON-CP Chiefs fans sharing their content on FB.

yep, it is simple. Flows off the tongue. Easy to remember. It's on message.

Add my vote in +1 :thumb:

siberian khatru 10-01-2012 05:52 PM

pr is a mack

BryanBusby 10-01-2012 05:54 PM

SaveOurChiefs.com SaveOurChiefs Fire Pioli Matt Cassel Kirstie Tynes Scott Pioli Romeo Crennel Kansas City Chiefs
SaveOurChiefs.com SaveOurChiefs Fire Pioli Matt Cassel Kirstie Tynes Scott Pioli Romeo Crennel Kansas City Chiefs SaveOurChiefs.com SaveOurChiefs Fire Pioli Matt Cassel Kirstie Tynes Scott Pioli Romeo Crennel Kansas City Chiefs SaveOurChiefs.com SaveOurChiefs Fire Pioli Matt Cassel Kirstie Tynes Scott Pioli Romeo Crennel Kansas City Chiefs SaveOurChiefs.com SaveOurChiefs Fire Pioli Matt Cassel Kirstie Tynes Scott Pioli Romeo Crennel Kansas City Chiefs SaveOurChiefs.com SaveOurChiefs Fire Pioli Matt Cassel Kirstie Tynes Scott Pioli Romeo Crennel Kansas City Chiefs SaveOurChiefs.com SaveOurChiefs Fire Pioli Matt Cassel Kirstie Tynes Scott Pioli Romeo Crennel Kansas City Chiefs SaveOurChiefs.com SaveOurChiefs Fire Pioli Matt Cassel Kirstie Tynes Scott Pioli Romeo Crennel Kansas City Chiefs SaveOurChiefs.com SaveOurChiefs Fire Pioli Matt Cassel Kirstie Tynes Scott Pioli Romeo Crennel Kansas City Chiefs SaveOurChiefs.com SaveOurChiefs Fire Pioli Matt Cassel Kirstie Tynes Scott Pioli Romeo Crennel Kansas City Chiefs SaveOurChiefs.com SaveOurChiefs Fire Pioli Matt Cassel Kirstie Tynes Scott Pioli Romeo Crennel Kansas City Chiefs SaveOurChiefs.com SaveOurChiefs Fire Pioli Matt Cassel Kirstie Tynes Scott Pioli Romeo Crennel Kansas City Chiefs SaveOurChiefs.com SaveOurChiefs Fire Pioli Matt Cassel Kirstie Tynes Scott Pioli Romeo Crennel Kansas City Chiefs SaveOurChiefs.com SaveOurChiefs Fire Pioli Matt Cassel Kirstie Tynes Scott Pioli Romeo Crennel Kansas City Chiefs SaveOurChiefs.com SaveOurChiefs Fire Pioli Matt Cassel Kirstie Tynes Scott Pioli Romeo Crennel Kansas City Chiefs SaveOurChiefs.com SaveOurChiefs Fire Pioli Matt Cassel Kirstie Tynes Scott Pioli Romeo Crennel Kansas City Chiefs SaveOurChiefs.com SaveOurChiefs Fire Pioli Matt Cassel Kirstie Tynes Scott Pioli Romeo Crennel Kansas City Chiefs SaveOurChiefs.com SaveOurChiefs Fire Pioli Matt Cassel Kirstie Tynes Scott Pioli Romeo Crennel Kansas City Chiefs SaveOurChiefs.com SaveOurChiefs Fire Pioli Matt Cassel Kirstie Tynes Scott Pioli Romeo Crennel Kansas City Chiefs SaveOurChiefs.com SaveOurChiefs Fire Pioli Matt Cassel Kirstie Tynes Scott Pioli Romeo Crennel Kansas City Chiefs

SPATCH 10-01-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

What if pr just disappeared suddenly?

Phobia 10-01-2012 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8968043)

I'd do it if the majority of contributors think that's a good idea but I'm in no way lobbying for the job.

DrunkBassGuitar 10-01-2012 05:54 PM

Y'all are a bunch of haters.

It's ****ing beautiful.

BossChief 10-01-2012 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8968047)

I think if fans are gonna get directed somewhere that MIGHT make a difference...we might want to have that place somewhere other than a place where people will be greeted with "rape is fun" and "go fist your grandmother".

Phobia 10-01-2012 05:57 PM

Quote:

I don't know why this is a concern to anybody. You don't think a staffer has already sent a link to this thread to Pioli already?

Shox 10-01-2012 05:57 PM

This is a nice idea, but something needs to happen within the stadium to send a message.

I would suggest a concessions boycott. I realize adult beverages are a huge comfort in getting through a game at Arrowhead these days, but sacrifices are needed.

BigRedChief 10-01-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the_spatula (Post 8968028)
Solution: WE DESERVE BETTER #FIREPIOLI #BENCHCASSEL (40 characters)

Get the twittersphere buzzing

maybe like teeduya says, the media explosion would come after there is media, you tube of the plane, photos, links to news stories of the grass roots movement. Get the most bang for our buck.

WE FANS DESERVE BETTER! SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

40 charectors

Phobia 10-01-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8968079)
I think if fans are gonna get directed somewhere that MIGHT make a difference...we might want to have that place somewhere other than a place where people will be greeted with "rape is fun" and "go fist your grandmother".

That's a fine point. We should probably ban a few people for a week prior to any exposure.

Bewbies 10-01-2012 05:59 PM

Can we put something using the phrase 'sucks the penis' on the banner?

Titty Meat 10-01-2012 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8968089)
That's a fine point. We should probably ban a few people for a week prior to any exposure.

Too late this thread is all over Twitter already.

Kyle DeLexus 10-01-2012 06:00 PM

put me down for $10. Not much but can't resist helping the cause.

Red Beans 10-01-2012 06:01 PM

Pioli and Casserole should be prepared to eat a bowl of dicks, cause they are about to get served. Yyyyyooowwwww!!!!

MIAdragon 10-01-2012 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8968076)
I'd do it if the majority of contributors think that's a good idea but I'm in no way lobbying for the job.

:thumb:

BossChief 10-01-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8968089)

Maybe a temp change of the tos is worth a mod discussion.

I think you would do a fine job representing us, but I would just hope they wouldn't try to mess with your business.

Mr. Flopnuts 10-01-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 8968107)
Maybe a temp change of the tos is worth a mod discussion.

I think you would do a fine job representing us, but I would just hope they wouldn't try to mess with your business.

**** that. This place is what it is. I also think we need to maintain the original message.

BENCH CASSEL/FIRE PIOLI

MMXcalibur 10-01-2012 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8968088)
maybe like teeduya says, the media explosion would come after there is media, you tube of the plane, photos, links to news stories of the grass roots movement. Get the most bang for our buck.

WE FANS DESERVE BETTER! SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

40 charectors

I have to disagree. Get the Chief fans message out there: get rid of Cassel and Pioli......NOW!

jspchief 10-01-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCDC (Post 8967450)
It is an inspired idea, but I agree that a protest outside of One Arrrowhead (with a tip to the media) would be more effective. To be truely effective, the banner would need to be done during the game and picked up on TV.

If you are going to do a banner, I would delete the point about firing Pioli. That isn't going to happen this year. You turn Pioli against us as well. If you just call for the replacement of Cassel (and maybe RAC), then Pioli can get behind it more easily (as can Clark Hunt). Though Casshole has been seen as Pioli's golden boy, if there is a fan riot, he can use that as an excuse to agree with Hunt to select a QB in the first round next year.

Pioli's failings have been the 2009 draft, as seeing Cassel with ill-founded rose colored glasses. Otherwise, he has drafted fairly well and has done okay with recent free agent signings. His selection of RAC as head coach is understandable. I supported it at the time. Now it is clear that it was a mistake.

Again, Pioli does not get fired this year (regardless of what Babb and Mellinger chant). It is better to focus on getting rid of the most important failing of the organization -- Cassel. The second biggest failing, I hate to say, is Crennel. Focus on the most important and don't dilute the message by spreading the hate too broadly.

Thanks for your input, Scott.

MIAdragon 10-01-2012 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shox (Post 8968084)
This is a nice idea, but something needs to happen within the stadium to send a message.

I would suggest a concessions boycott. I realize adult beverages are a huge comfort in getting through a game at Arrowhead these days, but sacrifices are needed.

Do they allow banners to be strung up inside the stadium?

Mr. Flopnuts 10-01-2012 06:09 PM

Just my two cents worth since I'm not chipping in any cash.