ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   ****The Official Save Our Chiefs Movement Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=264510)

Frazod 10-03-2012 08:29 AM

The answer may be buried in here somewhere, but why is the plane flying so early?

Dayze 10-03-2012 08:31 AM

still waiting on the GD small deposit from Pay Pal; I'm having my wife check again today.

Deberg_1990 10-03-2012 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 8972763)
The answer may be buried in here somewhere, but why is the plane flying so early?

Buried in the OP

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8967011)
The flight would run for an hour but all banner towing is stopped around the stadium at 11AM. He would run from 10-11 and fly around the stadium before kick off.

Frazod 10-03-2012 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8972769)
Buried in the OP

:doh!:

BlackHelicopters 10-03-2012 08:39 AM

Why do I get the feeling that even with a bad finger, DeBerg could go tomorrow?

Dr. Johnny Fever 10-03-2012 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 8972785)

Because even with a bad finger, DeBerg could go tomorrow.

TimeForWasp 10-03-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 8972785)

I only wish Cassel had Deburg's drive.

pr_capone 10-03-2012 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Touchdown Kansas City !!! (Post 8972793)
I only wish Cassel had Deburg's drive.

He does. The guy came back and played 4 days after having his appendix removed. The also organized workouts during the lockout. There is no questioning the guy is tough and wants to be a leader.

The problem is his effectiveness on the field.

WV 10-03-2012 08:49 AM

This may be in here somewhere, but did one of our twits tweet or email this to the DP show?

luv 10-03-2012 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8972769)
Buried in the OP

The fox4 article says 9-10am.

pr_capone 10-03-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 8972800)
This may be in here somewhere, but did one of our twits tweet or email this to the DP show?

Yup... I did.

luv 10-03-2012 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 8972800)

Would that be the Dan Patrick Show? They filmed our RV at last week's game. Dad's been taping it to see if it airs. They didn't tell us when it would if it does.

Titty Meat 10-03-2012 08:54 AM

Bill Maas is full of shit. When I sent this to him on Facebook he said Wow! Then told me how he liked the idea.

Deberg_1990 10-03-2012 08:55 AM

@BillMaasThe only thing flying a banner does is give another excuse for the players to hang their weak efforts on.

:facepalm:

Go do another line Maas....

Sofa King 10-03-2012 08:55 AM

This would be even more awesome if instead of choosing pr_capone as his username he would have selected something like sex_puppet16.

pr_capone 10-03-2012 08:56 AM

Ok peeps, I'm gonna be gone for the next hour or two, gonna clean up the house and do some studying so I don't come off as a complete tool, which is likely inevitable. lol

WV 10-03-2012 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 8972810)
Would that be the Dan Patrick Show? They filmed our RV at last week's game. Dad's been taping it to see if it airs. They didn't tell us when it would if it does.

They show snippets of that kind of stuff all the time before and after breaks, it will be cool to see but it will probably be quick!

RockChalk 10-03-2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8972817)
Ok peeps, I'm gonna be gone for the next hour or two, gonna clean up the house and do some studying so I don't come off as a complete tool, which is likely inevitable. lol

I might recommend not studying. I would advise that you refresh yourself on the things you already know. Trying to learn a bunch of new stuff before an interview will only cause you to come off as a complete tool, because you increase the likelihood that you'll get facts mixed up.

Go with what you know. You'll surprise yourself

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 10-03-2012 09:04 AM

Bill Maas' Facebook post from this morning:
2 hours ago via Twitter ·

The only thing flying a banner does is give another excuse for the players to hang their weak efforts on. #chiefs http://t.co/qh5Qu4pT
Chiefs banner flying over Arrowhead: 'We Deserve Better! Fire Pioli - Bench Cassel'
sbn.to
Chiefs fans have raised money to fly a banner critical of Scott Pioli and Matt Cassel over Arrowhead Stadium.
Like · · Unfollow Post · Share · @BillMaas on Twitter
11 people like this.

Marty McDonald With all the special 50-year press going on the Hunts will not enjoy negative publicity.
2 hours ago via mobile · Like

Marty McDonald Www.saveourchiefs.com
2 hours ago via mobile · Like

Christie Chiefsfan I'm not a fan of this. There are proper ways to vent your frustrations about what you feel is wrong...emails, phone calls and letters to front office. I for one can't point out two people considering the fact that interceptions, fumbles, a weak oline allowing our QB almost constant pressure, non aggressive play calls and a non consistent defense have easily been seen. We are losing as a team and can only win as one, too. From management through players we need to find the issues. As fans, we do not have the credibility or backgrounds to know what the thinking is in management nor the ability to understand the full process of management/coaching/playing. I don't know, it's sad to me that other good teams are having poor seasons, too, but their fans are not bashing their players or posting photos mocking them. I even see people wishing Cassel to be hurt by the opposing teams :( My love for football goes way beyond a W or L (though wins are way better of course), it is memories, friendships and just an American pastime that we are all privileged to have. Yes, players need to step up but so does coaching and management...this has to be a team improvement and as fans we have to encourage just that...TEAM accountability. I love my Chiefs, but honestly right now..I'm more disappointed in some of our fans than I am the losses. :(
about an hour ago · Edited · Like · 7

Marty McDonald Christie, you kind of hit the nail on the head when you write: "Yes, players need to step up but so does coaching and management...this has to be a team improvement and as fans we...See More
19 minutes ago · Like

Scott Neal Bring back Marty!
19 minutes ago · Like

Marty McDonald Wishing injury to a player is dumb...beyond dumb actually.
18 minutes ago · Like · 1

Christie Chiefsfan If I remember correctly, when our fans started the "Suck for Luck" campaign, Luck respectably stated he would never want to play for a team that would do something like that to their qb. Honestly, I gained total respect for him because of that! Our actions not only serve as a reflection of our fanbase but can affect what future players want to come into. I understand the frustrations, but frustrations do not need to turn this into a circus. We need to keep common sense and voice our opinions to front office in a respectable yet firm way. I just will respectfully disagree that this is the way to do it. Sportsmanship doesn't just fall on the players, it falls on us as fans, too... and that I will not budge on.
14 minutes ago · Like

Darren Gray Sounds like christie works in the Chiefs front office. In my opinion, if the team sucks, we have the right to say whatever we want. Its not about "being respectful". I think pioli is disrespecting the fans by marching cassel out there every week.
7 minutes ago · Like

Marty McDonald Writing letters accomplishes nothing in this era. Sending emails to first name.lastname@chiefs.nfl.com or (firstinitial)(lastname)@chiefs.nfl.com will get deleted. Once you send the "communication" internally, its lost. Its very easy to get lost (just ask Todd Haley). However, when you take the message and communicate outward, where the Chiefs can't control it, well, then guess what...you get heard.

Its no different than sports radio guys/gals talking down on the Chiefs but it reaches a point where the Chiefs call the station and say "hey, enough is enough, your access will be limited" It happens.

Would this movement have more credibility if WHB came up with the idea? Maybe. But you are talking about fans in KC, across the United States of America who spend money on a team that needs a major culture change.

If random strangers coming together to raise money to fly a banner that reads Fire Pioli - Bench Cassel is what it takes to send a wake up call then so be it.

Fans can stop walking through the gates to purchase beer/food on game day.

Fans can stop buying tailgate treats/supplies/gear from local retailers.

Fans can stop paying $25 to park on game day.

There are a lot of things that fans can do.

The "Front Office" is Scott Pioli and he won't listen to the fans. In fact, if anyone has a pipeline to Scott and Scott wants to take a progressive response to an unhappy fan base, he can contact us. Let's set up a "fan and GM" online chat. It will be as civil as the day is long. Maybe Scott can loosen up and talk to us a little more and educate us a little more. Maybe, just maybe, we'll then understand a little bit more.
a few seconds ago · Like
Write a comment...

luv 10-03-2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WV (Post 8972826)
They show snippets of that kind of stuff all the time before and after breaks, it will be cool to see but it will probably be quick!

EDIT: Never mind. Questions answered in PM.

acasas4 10-03-2012 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cassel's Reckoning (Post 8972538)
I am almost finished working up Capone's talking points for his interview. It includes the following sections.

1. Chiefs record under Scott Pioli.

2. Chiefs record under Scott Pioli against winning teams.

3. Chiefs record under Scott Pioli against playoff teams

4. Chiefs getting their butt kicked under Scott Pioli

5. Pioli has done a completely awful job of addressing the most important position, QB.

6. Pioli has done a completely awful job of hiring head coaches.

7. Pioli's draft record isn't horrible, but has some pretty bad warts.

Anything else that needs addressed?

You'll almost have to spell this point out to some people. That is the fact that we know Quinn isn't the answer and that we need to draft a 1st round QB with the potential to be elite. Otherwise, if Casshole does get benched and Quinn lays a turd, there'll be a lot of dumbasses saying "see, we knew Quinn wasn't any good. Great job chiefs planet. Blah blah blah."

TinyEvel 10-03-2012 09:25 AM

The two most glaring things are Pioli's insistence on keeping Cassel (and then building the rest of the team around his weaknesses -- better RBs more protection, tall circus-catch receivers) and putting Romeo at HC and then NOT even hiring a DC.

Two "let's keep our fingers crossed and hope this works" moves. Not "win at any cost" moves. And teams who win make changes to win. It just feels like a "do the least we can" mentality, and that's what's the most frustrating for me.

BigMeatballDave 10-03-2012 09:31 AM

Christie should go eat a bag of Dicks.

L.A. Chieffan 10-03-2012 09:34 AM

You have to bring up the blowout thing

FAX 10-03-2012 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockChalk (Post 8972834)
I might recommend not studying. I would advise that you refresh yourself on the things you already know. Trying to learn a bunch of new stuff before an interview will only cause you to come off as a complete tool, because you increase the likelihood that you'll get facts mixed up.

Go with what you know. You'll surprise yourself

Good advice. Mr. pr_capone knows plenty and he'll do just fine, Mr. RockChalk. Still, there's nothing wrong with brushing up on a few factoids that can be fresh at hand.

Besides, I'm quite certain that he's already contemplated everything that might appear in his prep notes ... perhaps a solid stat or two can be useful, though ... for the purpose of underscoring a particular issue ... that sort of thing.

At any rate, I have full faith in Mr. pr_capone whose rise to fame will undoubtedly be unequaled in modern times ... with the possible exception of that Lady Gaga person ... but, thankfully, it will likely be unnecessary for Mr. pr_capone to sleep with 500 ugly people in order to get his point across.

FAX THE CONFIDENT

L.A. Chieffan 10-03-2012 09:38 AM

I still say you should've worked "Get A Clue" in there

Molitoth 10-03-2012 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beach tribe (Post 8972597)
I don't see how they can avoid doing SOMETHING.
Everything looks like complete fail at this point.
And the threat of flying banners at every game has got to have Clark PISSED.
Has any team's fans ever pulled off something like this?

The Lions fans had to go to some lengthy efforts to rid of Matt Millen.

bevischief 10-03-2012 09:47 AM

“We Deserve Better: Cassel is a Clown get him out of Town” Comment from the Arrowhead Pride article.

In58men 10-03-2012 09:52 AM

$20 sent

Easy 6 10-03-2012 09:54 AM

I can only hope my local station that usually shows KC games keeps it up this week, but i get a bad feeling they've sucked their way right out of getting aired.

I dont care what any KC personality or fan says, the banner is the right thing to do... desperate times etc.

The Franchise 10-03-2012 09:57 AM

All I request is some high quality pictures/vids of this thing.

bevischief 10-03-2012 09:57 AM

Those Homers over at Arrowhead Pride are calling it a classless act and still support Pissoili
but most agree Cassel has to go.

pr_capone 10-03-2012 10:02 AM

I need redditors to upvote this link pls.

http://www.reddit.com/r/KansasCityCh...whead_for_the/

The Franchise 10-03-2012 10:02 AM

Arrowhead Pride and Chiefs Coalition can go **** themselves. Bunch of homers who argue the whole "HE'S OUR QB SO YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT HIM!" argument.

Molitoth 10-03-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 8972956)
Those Homers over at Arrowhead Pride are calling it a classless act and still support Pissoili
but most agree Cassel has to go.

Pioli won't be fired. But I would almost bet that this will get Cassel benched soon.

I know it's Pioli's fault for keeping Cassel as long as he has.... but he can make up for all of that by putting a Quality QB on the field, hiring a new coach that is worth a shit and getting us some playoff wins SOON.

Molitoth 10-03-2012 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8972968)
Arrowhead Pride and Chiefs Coalition can go **** themselves. Bunch of homers who argue the whole "HE'S OUR QB SO YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT HIM!" argument.

Yep, that's why ChiefsPlanet will forever rule all Chiefs Messageboards.

luv 10-03-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8972955)
All I request is some high quality pictures/vids of this thing.

I'm taking my camera. I'll try to see what I can come up with.

Kaylore 10-03-2012 10:09 AM

This is the most epic thing I've ever seen a fanbase do. Well done.

alnorth 10-03-2012 10:15 AM

Looks like (if we went with a banner on October 28 instead of a billboard), we've now got a 2nd flight paid for, with money to spare to change the banner if needed.

CoMoChief 10-03-2012 10:17 AM

What time is pr capone's interview?

CoMoChief 10-03-2012 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8973001)
Looks like (if we went with a banner on October 28 instead of a billboard), we've now got a 2nd flight paid for, with money to spare to change the banner if needed.

I said I'll donate for future flights. Can't do it at the moment.

But man if some can donate $10...we could do this for every home game for the rest of the season.

It'd be really funny if CP did this at an away game. LMAO

Molitoth 10-03-2012 10:22 AM

We could donate the leftover money to the "Fighting Pioli for Polio" fund.

alanm 10-03-2012 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 8972552)
How about no longer trying to copy the ways of other franchises. First it was the niners then vermeil brought in the Rams system and now we are trying to copy the Patriots.

I liked when Marty did it the Chiefs way.

Fish 10-03-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8972968)

It's shocking to see the differences in those forums and this one. Just completely opposite mindsets and intelligence levels.

Frazod 10-03-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8973061)
It's shocking to see the differences in those forums and this one. Just completely opposite mindsets and intelligence levels.

Idiots like them are why this franchise fails.

pr_capone 10-03-2012 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8973008)
What time is pr capone's interview?

2pm CST

pr_capone 10-03-2012 10:48 AM

Oh Hai Guyz. Here are some pics of the banner being made, courtesy of our friends at Air Lake Aviation.

http://i.imgur.com/MR4jw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xaMnJ.jpg

*updated OP with pics as well.

BossChief 10-03-2012 10:48 AM

You HAVE to bring up the get a clue message the team sent to it's fans via social media and the lies about a qb competition and interviewing playoff coaches.

All 3 of those things are directly dishonest and disrespectful to us fans.

CoMoChief 10-03-2012 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8973068)
2pm CST

I assume it's a taped interview that will be played tonight or sometime soon?

BlackHelicopters 10-03-2012 10:52 AM

Is Pioli in anyway associated with Penn State?

pr_capone 10-03-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 8973095)
Is Pioli in anyway associated with Penn State?

No, and even if he was we are not going anywhere near that train of though.

pr_capone 10-03-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 8973090)
I assume it's a taped interview that will be played tonight or sometime soon?

I'm guessing so. I'll have more info when they get here.

bevischief 10-03-2012 10:54 AM

This is amazing. Any money from outside of CP?

pr_capone 10-03-2012 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bevischief (Post 8973107)
This is amazing. Any money from outside of CP?

Yup... not a lot but some. I have several donations not listed on the OP because I have no idea who they came from. I've sent off emails but have only heard back from a few.

bevischief 10-03-2012 10:58 AM

Just list as other till they get back to you, if they ever do.

The Franchise 10-03-2012 10:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Question.....I'm doing some pricing on a couple of items......so I'm checking to see what everyone's interest is.

Would anyone be interested in buying a sticker or car sized magnet of this image?

Hammock Parties 10-03-2012 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pr_capone (Post 8973083)
Oh Hai Guyz. Here are some pics of the banner being made, courtesy of our friends at Air Lake Aviation.

http://i.imgur.com/MR4jw.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/xaMnJ.jpg

*updated OP with pics as well.

:hail:

OnTheWarpath15 10-03-2012 11:03 AM

Great work, PR and kudos to those of you who donated.

PR, if you need anything, shoot me a PM. Can't do a donation at the moment but can offer my time if needed.

Keep up the great work guys.

CoMoChief 10-03-2012 11:03 AM

LOL Holy shit this is going to happen LMAO

Most excited I've ever been on this msg board LOL!!!

BigCatDaddy 10-03-2012 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8973061)

They probably wept when Carl can canned.

In58men 10-03-2012 11:10 AM

We can officially say a guy all the way from Cali donated ;-)

The Franchise 10-03-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 8973155)
We can officially say a guy all the way from Cali donated ;-)

I was first.....bitch.

Steron 10-03-2012 11:13 AM

The pics are awesome! Can't wait to see this over Arrowhead.

Hammock Parties 10-03-2012 11:14 AM

Seriously, Pioli is going to mount this on the upper deck.

http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs2/1311371_o.gif

bevischief 10-03-2012 11:15 AM

I haven't been this excited for a Chiefs game in a long time. That's sad.

Dayze 10-03-2012 11:16 AM

no, Pioli will just call in the a favor from the FAA and make the airspace restricted.

Hammock Parties 10-03-2012 11:18 AM

http://i.imgur.com/J6jyK.jpg

In58men 10-03-2012 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 8973156)
I was first.....bitch.

I'll stab you in the face with a soldering iron bro.

Hammock Parties 10-03-2012 11:21 AM

Next idea: get an escort for the plane.

http://www.state.gov/cms_images/phot...copter_500.jpg

In58men 10-03-2012 11:22 AM

With all this money, how much more for a billboard?

Chiefnj2 10-03-2012 11:28 AM

Shouldn't the banner fly in Texas if you want Clark to see it?

spanky 52 10-03-2012 11:28 AM

Thanks for making this happen.

REDHOTGTO 10-03-2012 11:29 AM

paid up & ready , wish i was there to see it, take pics or vid plz
redhotgto

BlackHelicopters 10-03-2012 11:31 AM

Can't wait to witness this.

In58men 10-03-2012 11:31 AM

Lots of pics.

God of Thunder 10-03-2012 11:31 AM

Wow. Very impressive guys.

Dayze 10-03-2012 11:32 AM

amazing what we can accomplish when we put our empty heads together. which, not sprisingly, sounds like cocnuts banging together

alnorth 10-03-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inmem58 (Post 8973199)
With all this money, how much more for a billboard?

yeah, we should find out how much that costs. Even if we do a 2nd flight, it looks like we'll have over $300 left over plus who knows how much more money will still come in.

tooge 10-03-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alnorth (Post 8973227)
yeah, we should find out how much that costs. Even if we do a 2nd flight, it looks like we'll have over $300 left over plus who knows how much more money will still come in.

Can the plane be made to drop little leaflets. You know, like we dropped over bagdad and vietnam. that $300 could buy several thousand leaflets to drop all over the parking lot.

Dayze 10-03-2012 11:36 AM

what will be funny IF (which they wont) one of the media asks Scooter about it, he'll say "No...I didn't see it. I had no idea"

the flight going at 10-11?
wonder what time the players come out for warmups. DJ runs back into the locker room"Hey guys...you gotta check this out"....