ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   *****Official 2012 CP Mock Draft Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=256626)

RealSNR 01-24-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9346025)
Are there any open spots this year?

IMO guys like Sorter and Sac should be given first dibs if there are.

I'd love to see Sorter get a spot. Not to speak for anybody, but there are guys like Lono who has been great but occasionally get bogged down with work stuff. If someone were to bow out this year, I imagine it'd be him.

Not only that, but Hamas gave up his spot to htismaqe. If Hamas wants back in, htis or somebody else will have to give up a spot.

RealSNR 01-24-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightfyre (Post 9347822)
I want back in this year, even though I only subbed for htis in the later rounds last year.

Ah, that's what happened.

I think if you have a spot you should be able to keep it until you don't want it anymore. But I don't make the rules for this thing.

RealSNR 01-24-2013 07:12 PM

And yeah... please put my name in the drawing hat for the Chiefs this year. I don't know if we vote on it or if it's up to ChiefsCountry to decide. But I'd like to be considered along with any others who want to pick for them this year.

If you need references, I have one or two right here:

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890

:D

Direckshun 01-24-2013 07:30 PM

I will volunteer to give up one of my teams if it helps make room for another mock drafting talent. :)

RealSNR 01-24-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9348817)
I will volunteer to give up one of my teams if it helps make room for another mock drafting talent. :)

:(

If you leave us with chiefscafan, I will NEVER forgive you :deevee:

Direckshun 01-24-2013 07:58 PM

I've been following the draft pretty diligently as always. Though I am tiptoeing this particular offseason because obviously I hate the QB options at #1 overall, and that is only going to get me an entire offseason of hostility I'd rather minimize.

I'm just making room for talent, should we feel so inclined.

I'm trying to be generous, you prick.

RealSNR 01-24-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9348890)
I've been following the draft pretty diligently as always.

I'm just making room for talent, should we feel so inclined.

I'm trying to be generous, you prick.

I think Sorter would be an incredible team owner to this mock. I want htismaqe and Hamas to get their old spots back, and for Nightfyre to retain the one he generously and successfully took over.

But I don't want anybody currently in this to give up his spot if he doesn't want to. If that person is capable of checking in once every 24 hours to see if it's his turn, and he wants to keep doing it this year, I don't want that person to leave.

Sorter 01-24-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9348876)
:(

If you leave us with chiefscafan, I will NEVER forgive you :deevee:

ROFL

BossChief 01-24-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 9348817)

I would, too...but I don't think some of the other GMs want that to happen.

ChiefsCountry 01-24-2013 10:36 PM

From experience it does not work. We have the perfect system as it is right now.

htismaqe 01-25-2013 08:22 AM

Guys, I'm flexible. If I have a spot fine, if not, that's fine too.

CaliforniaChief 01-25-2013 09:23 AM

If there are any spots left, I wouldn't mind a shot. But if not, I enjoy watching it go down so either way.

The Franchise 01-25-2013 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9349382)
I would, too...but I don't think some of the other GMs want that to happen.

Not what I said. If a current owner wants to give up one of their teams to a person that is approved by the rest of the owners....that's fine. I am against having 32 owners though.

BossChief 01-25-2013 11:35 AM

I didn't mention any names, pest.

Here is what I posted as a discussion point...
Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9345599)
A suggestion that I think would be worth discussion...

I think we have enough posters that we could have 1 for each team instead of each poster having 2 each.

Possibly having each poster that is a current "GM" have the choice to either keep both teams OR to chose who he wants to give the other team to.

What do you guys think?

I'm fine either way... I just think there are a few guys that would be good additions.

Flop wants back in
TTC would probably participate and do very well
Sorter would be a good addition
Hamas is back so that means a spot can be open for Htis
Sacapoo would be a worthwhile participant
OTWP was a top notch part of this

There are probably another handful of guys that would add value to the draft.

Jmo.

OnTheWarpath15 01-25-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 9349415)
From experience it does not work. We have the perfect system as it is right now.

Yep. We've crafted this thing over time, and the current setup is by far the best option.

IIRC, when I started running it after either Parker or JSP gave it up (can't remember) we tried giving 32 guys a team each, and it was a ****ing trainwreck.

16 very carefully selected owners is perfect.

Glad to see CC take this on and keep it successful. Have fun, fellas.