ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

Bowser 04-14-2013 10:31 PM

And I'm really, really looking forward to Danerys finalizing the purchase of the Unsullied....

Setsuna 04-14-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Douchemaster General (Post 9587044)
Give the man a hand! LMAO

So they really cut it off huh?

Sfeihc 04-14-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9587169)
Yeah, I'll second this.

Third.

Hawk 04-15-2013 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 9587399)
Third.

Yeah, I agree, it would suck to get major spoilers in this thread instead of either reading them in the books or seeing them on the show. This is like the least fun way to learn about or experience what's going to happen in the story! Stay out of this thread non-readers...for your own good!

allen_kcCard 04-15-2013 08:41 AM

That the **** is going on with Theon?

Is the arrow boy Reek? Or the bastard himself leading him on perhaps?

mdchiefsfan 04-15-2013 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen_kcCard (Post 9587686)
That the **** is going on with Theon?

Is the arrow boy Reek? Or the bastard himself leading him on perhaps?

I'm assuming the guy helping him is the Bastard

NewChief 04-15-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9587706)

Yes. If I remember correctly, the books make reference to Theon attempting to escape (and may even reference them letting him attempt to escape) and being caught. That's why he is so scared to help the girl escape in ADWD. Part of the Bastard's conditioning of his Reek.

It's going to be a good additional mind**** for those who haven't read the books.

AndChiefs 04-15-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9587706)

It definitely is. Before he finished the guy off he (the dead guy) called him a bastard...foreshadowing to what he is.

Frazod 04-15-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9587713)
Yes. If I remember correctly, the books make reference to Theon attempting to escape (and may even reference them letting him attempt to escape) and being caught. That's why he is so scared to help the girl escape in ADWD. Part of the Bastard's conditioning of his Reek.

It's going to be a good additional mind**** for those who haven't read the books.

I wonder how they'll handle the flaying aspect? I'm actually kind of hoping they tone that down a bit. The whole notion of flaying really creeps me out.

PhillyChiefFan 04-15-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9587306)
And I'm really, really looking forward to Danerys finalizing the purchase of the Unsullied....

oh HELL yeah!!! :clap:

They showed where she said "So it's done then." in the previews just before shit goes down.

Swanman 04-15-2013 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9587713)

Sometimes when they add stuff to the tv show that wasn't in the books, it really pisses me off (Renly/Loras shaving scene). In this case, I loved it. It does two things: 1) bridges what happens to Theon between the sacking of Winterfell and his emergence as Reek and 2) shows Ramsay Bolton/Snow as a real sick ****.

L.A. Chieffan 04-15-2013 10:41 AM

haha bron and tyrions utter confusion when pod returns the money was classic

Bowser 04-15-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 9587975)
haha bron and tyrions utter confusion when pod returns the money was classic

Heh, yeah, I was trying to recall that part from the book, but I don't think it was in the book?

Either they took pity on Pod for being a completely shy and naive kid, or Pod just wrecked the ****ing buffet, and they enjoyed it too much to be paid? Any way you look at it, that entire exchange was hilarious.

I think my head would have caved in if those three were my first, all at once.

Swanman 04-15-2013 11:33 AM

Did anyone else get the inside joke about the Mereeenese knot?

Bowser 04-15-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 9588162)
Did anyone else get the inside joke about the Mereeenese knot?

I'm ashamed to admit that I didn't understand the reference. FIgured it was more than just a sexual reference, but no idea past that.