ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Bungie Destiny (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270050)

Clyde Frog 01-27-2016 04:16 PM

Just gonna leave this here:

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-des...endary-edition

keg in kc 06-09-2016 11:55 AM

Rise of Iron reveal stream just ended. No gameplay, just talk, but it sounds great. Basically the Iron Lords sans Saladin sacrificed themselves centuries ago to stop a technological plague (called Seeva or Ceeva or Civa or however it's spelled). Which the Fallen, being Fallen, have dredged back up. So we'll be facing a new type of Fallen in a trio of new areas, those being The Plaguelands (inside Old Russia), Felwinter Peak (Former outpost of the iron lords, has a temple at the top dedicated to the Lords who sacrificed themselves) and The Wall. There will be a new Raid, New and updated strikes, there's a new PvE campaign with missions and quests, and there's a new PvP mode of some kind to go with new maps and new features (no explanation). There will be a significant to be determined increase in light level and everyone will be able to embark on a series of quests to build their own Gjallarhorn, which is finally returning. Pre-orders will include a black version called the Iron Gjallarhorn. Cost is $30.

That's everything I remember. Sounds a lot like what we got with TTK ( good thing IMO) and what should be a significant expansion of the game lore regarding the Iron Lords and the Warminds, as well as explaining what the Iron Banner is and why Saladin runs it.

keg in kc 06-09-2016 11:59 AM

Oh and the new public area which we evidently have to clear (sounded similar to how we cleared the dreadnaught, maybe). We also open up a new cosmodrome patrol area, in a new Earth landing zone. So we won't just be stuck with rehashed Cosmodrome maps. The area has been 'significantly changed'.

DanBecky 06-09-2016 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 12267442)
Oh and the new public area which we evidently have to clear (sounded similar to how we cleared the dreadnaught, maybe). We also open up a new cosmodrome patrol area, in a new Earth landing zone. So we won't just be stuck with rehashed Cosmodrome maps. The area has been 'significantly changed'.

I watched the reveal stream today. I'm very excited for it. The Cosmodrone is hands down my favorite area in the game. Glad a lot of it will be based there. TTK kept me busy for a long while. I'm gonna assume this will do the same. Excited to hear about more details.

DanBecky 06-09-2016 01:28 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/EFTn6jQk338" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

jiveturkey 06-09-2016 01:37 PM

Pre-order complete. :)

Setsuna 06-09-2016 07:54 PM

On PSN Taken King Standard Digital Edition is $30 and the Taken King Legendary Digital Edition is $40. I got the $40 one and am downloading it now.

CanadianChief 06-10-2016 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 12267605)
Pre-order complete. :)

Iron Jellyhorn!!!

jiveturkey 06-10-2016 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadianChief (Post 12268485)
Iron Jellyhorn!!!

Yep and I'm looking forward to not seeing Taken all over the place. I'm sick of those twitchy bastards.

Mother****erJones 06-13-2016 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jiveturkey (Post 12269137)
Yep and I'm looking forward to not seeing Taken all over the place. I'm sick of those twitchy bastards.

Oh I'm sick of ****ing splitting into multiple psions. Over those sons of bitches.

Mother****erJones 06-13-2016 07:10 AM

Anyone here can help me in Trials? I'm decent at PvP but I'd love to get with a group of two that can help me finally win 9 matches. On ps4

Clyde Frog 06-15-2016 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12273182)
Anyone here can help me in Trials? I'm decent at PvP but I'd love to get with a group of two that can help me finally win 9 matches. On ps4

Shit. Before the update I would have been able to help you. I play super agressive w Nightstalker. Give me a week of Trials to figure out if I can still ball when I'm being more passive and I'll help you if I am not complete ass in the new meta.

DaveNull 06-15-2016 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 12273182)

Are you in a 100.io group? You should be.

My crew doesn't have a lot of trials players.

Buck 09-11-2016 08:27 PM

Alright so through some weird circumstances, I ended up with a free pre-order of Rise of Iron. I haven't looked into it one bit.

Can anyone explain me with a TL;DR version of what this expansion is?

My brother asked to borrow my PS4 so he could play Destiny and he used my account, and liked it so much he pre-ordered ROI, then decided he wanted his own PS4 so he bought one and got Destiny...that's how I got it for free.

jiveturkey 09-12-2016 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 12420974)
Alright so through some weird circumstances, I ended up with a free pre-order of Rise of Iron. I haven't looked into it one bit.

Can anyone explain me with a TL;DR version of what this expansion is?

My brother asked to borrow my PS4 so he could play Destiny and he used my account, and liked it so much he pre-ordered ROI, then decided he wanted his own PS4 so he bought one and got Destiny...that's how I got it for free.

This was supposed to be Destiny 2 but they delayed it so we're getting this as filler. It's a throw back to the Iron Lords lore.

The most important piece of info is that it includes a raid.