ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs 1 gap 3-4; how do you think it will shake out? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268761)

Fat Elvis 01-11-2013 09:50 AM

1 gap 3-4; how do you think it will shake out?

I think the 1 gap 3-4 will be very interesting for the Chiefs given their natural physical talents. It really plays to the strengths of our front 7 once we get another ILB. We have a lot of speed and brute strength that, in my opinion, was wasted under the 2 gap 3-4.

Who do you see being our starters at each position on the front seven next year?

notorious 01-11-2013 09:52 AM

Rape

Chiefs=Champions 01-11-2013 09:52 AM

I think Houston is asked to drop a lot. Im hoping he is up to the challenge. He will get to pin his ears back in the nickle though.

Im intrigued to see how he and Poe are used. Poe could stay at NT but possibly be moved to an end position too..

Fat Elvis 01-11-2013 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs=Good (Post 9305226)
I think Houston is asked to drop a lot. Im hoping he is up to the challenge. He will get to pin his ears back in the nickle though.

Im intrigued to see how he and Poe are used. Poe could stay at NT but possibly be moved to an end position too..

It would be interesting to see Poe moved to DE and Powe brought in as the nose. They would both be pretty disruptive. In an attacking D, the two of them could eat up 4 blockers.

Chiefs=Champions 01-11-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9305265)
It would be interesting to see Poe moved to DE and Powe brought in as the nose. They would both be pretty disruptive. In an attacking D, the two of them could eat up 4 blockers.

From what i saw from Powe in preseason, he did a great job of penetrating. I think hes a great potential NT in a one gap scheme. He likely didn't play much for us this year because of that tendency to penetrate lol...

BigCatDaddy 01-11-2013 10:05 AM

Welcome Star Lotulelei.

Outside of QB he is now the only other player that makes sense assuming Albert is healthy and resigned. Poe is better as a 3-4 end IMO.

Fat Elvis 01-11-2013 10:17 AM

I think Bailey, with his speed, could have a bigger impact in this scheme.

the Talking Can 01-11-2013 10:19 AM

amazing we still basically have a pile of shit on our DL after all those picks

RealSNR 01-11-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9305287)
Welcome Star Lotulelei.

Outside of QB he is now the only other player that makes sense assuming Albert is healthy and resigned. Poe is better as a 3-4 end IMO.

Powe says "**** you"

Fat Elvis 01-11-2013 10:28 AM

For sheer speed/strength/penetration ability, I could see the front seven looking something like this:

Bailey, Powe, Poe
Houston, New ILB (Ogletree?), Johnson, Hali

That is a nightmarish front seven in an attacking D if you ask me.

BigCatDaddy 01-11-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9305342)
Powe says "**** you"

Maybe 1 gaping would help, but he was getting his ass blown off the ball at the end of the season. I like him as well from the draft and preseason, but he sucked like everyone else on the line. Powe is going to go down with Rich Scanlon, Richard Smith, and Boomer Grigsby as legends that never were.

ndws 01-11-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9305265)

And put Pito at the other end. I think that would be fun to watch. I've always thought Poe could very similiar to Ngata when he's at the DE. Think Hali would be happy to have a 346 pounder next to him that is going to command some of the attention that would normally come his way?

BigCatDaddy 01-11-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9305376)
For sheer speed/strength/penetration ability, I could see the front seven looking something like this:

Bailey, Powe, Poe
Houston, New ILB (Ogletree?), Johnson, Hali

That is a nightmarish front seven in an attacking D if you ask me.

Bailey and Powe suck. I'm on board with the backers though.

Fat Elvis 01-11-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ndws (Post 9305383)
And put Pito at the other end. I think that would be fun to watch. I've always thought Poe could very similiar to Ngata when he's at the DE. Think Hali would be happy to have a 346 pounder next to him that is going to command some of the attention that would normally come his way?

Forgot about Pitoitua, yeah, sticking him in there would create quite a bit of havoc; he was one of the few DLs on the team consistently getting good penetration this year.

Tribal Warfare 01-11-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 9305287)
Welcome Star Lotulelei.

This may give some a rapid punch of nausea, but I can see a Lotulelei selection happening in the draft.