ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Science Hypothetical: Get your time travel assignment here. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308248)

Beef Supreme 06-12-2017 10:41 AM

A few things.

A. I thought we were supposed to pick our location. Nobody has. Don't you have to pick that before you leave?

B. I might just take the 50 cents a day in the Central African Republic. At least they give you some ammo. The community college has made no such offer, and the chances of the conditions being worse than present day Central African Republic are high.

C. You didn't tell us how much this job pays.

D. **** it. I'm in. The location I picked for no particular reason is New Zealand.

Bugeater 06-12-2017 10:42 AM

I'd prefer a year where I won't be at risk of getting eaten by a dinosaur please.

Mizzou_8541 06-12-2017 10:43 AM

Good stuff. In!

Hammock Parties 06-12-2017 10:44 AM

Here's my 1937 calendar:

January - May: Rita Hayworth. We will attend the 4th Masters and heckle Byron Smith.

May 6: Watch the Hindenberg disaster live. With Rita Hayworth.

July: Charter a flight and learn what really happened to Amelia Earhart.

July - Sep: Check out Nazi Germany.

October: Attend the 1937 World Series and heckle Joe DiMaggio. With Rita Hayworth.

Rest of the year: Attempt to set up threesome with Rita Hayworth and Katharine Hepburn.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...1b6bc82b8b.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...3e78e3782b.jpg

Rausch 06-12-2017 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12912886)
Your assigned year is 71 AD. Lots of good possibilities for study there.

Rome: While the architecture and plumbing are better than I would have imagined this place mostly sucks.

People feel much differently about bowel movements here. In public. Gutters weren't used this way where I grew up.

I paid a guy to meet an oracle. I figured, hey, might as well have a psychedelic experience while I'm here. Don't do that. Oracles look like meth-whores on an Ethiopian diet plan. She also convulsed a lot and made no ****ing sense while telling me that "Your love will torment you. Your mouth will crack from thirst but you will not drink."

I assume she knew I was a Chiefs fan.

On the plus side there is a slave rebellion forming. On the down side people look much different. There isn't a "jacked" guy here. No one I've met yet could even play TE in the NFL. It's impossible to predict how this will end but I suspect a slap-fight...

Eleazar 06-12-2017 10:48 AM

Ok, I'm in for some sociological terraforming.

Rausch 06-12-2017 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12912944)
That sounds like a good plan. I'm not sure if it would be fun to see what Japan is doing in Manchuria or not.

I've always suspected you had a dark side...

Hammock Parties 06-12-2017 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12912982)
Rome: While the architecture and plumbing are better than I would have imagined this place mostly sucks.

Bullshit. Go to the coliseum and watch some bloodsport. Buy a sex slave.

patteeu 06-12-2017 10:51 AM

I need a new work challenge, so count me in.

underEJ 06-12-2017 10:52 AM

Well, I am disappointed by the no changing history part of the deal. But I am always up for a museum and a live one sounds pretty great. A year is a long time especially if I'm in a time that my feet are my only means of changing location, but what the hell, I am very observant. I'd do a good job. Send me in!

patteeu 06-12-2017 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 12912893)

Cool movie.

Rausch 06-12-2017 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 12912986)
Bullshit. Go to the coliseum and watch some bloodsport.

Rainman did not provide me with much in the way of coinage.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 12912986)
Buy a sex slave.

The disease here is indescribable. It makes ****ing a horse look sensible...

Rain Man 06-12-2017 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hydrae (Post 12912954)
I wondered what we were going to do with our summer this year. Time travel sound very interesting and I would love to participate!

1883 AD. Fun with electricity and Chester A. Arthur. Probably other stuff.

Rain Man 06-12-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12912956)
In.

789 AD for you. You can pretty much pick your topic since I have no idea what was going on in the world in 789 AD.

Hammock Parties 06-12-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 12912994)
Rainman did not provide me with much in the way of coinage.

You have 21st century knowledge at your disposal. Making a few denarii will be easy. Shit, you can probably find a drunk guard and steal his uniform and do whatever you want the whole year.

Quote:

The disease here is indescribable. It makes ****ing a horse look sensible...
I'm assuming that the trip back through time will cure any diseases picked up. Like the transporter.

Also your modern-day immune system will be much stronger compared to the diseases of that time period. Maybe. Probably. Hopefully.