ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Shameless (Showtime) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241033)

kcxiv 01-31-2011 05:55 PM

Shameless (Showtime)

Anyone seen this show? its ****ed in every way, but i love it.

blazzin311 01-31-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7396516)
Anyone seen this show? its ****ed in every way, but i love it.

Agreed. Definitely one of my new favorite shows on television. Great dialogue, great storylines (though it's stilll a bit hard to pinpoint from episode to episode where it's going) and great acting too. William H. Macy was tailor made for this role I think. Best character I've seen him play yet. The rest of the cast do a fine job of portraying their eccentric characters also. Very refreshing show really.

kcxiv 01-31-2011 06:07 PM

lol Everything this family does and everyone around them just do everything wrong, but its just good tv. They got into one hell of a situation with that little Kid and pulled it off like a champ.

CosmicPal 01-31-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7396531)
lol Everything this family does and everyone around them just do everything wrong, but its just good tv. They got into one hell of a situation with that little Kid and pulled it off like a champ.

The blonde chick in the bathtub scene was awesome. :drool:

It's the epitome of a dysfunctional family trying to make ends meet with the eldest sibling making sure they pay their bills on time, get to school on time, etc. while having to deal with an alcoholic father who abandons them- not out of love, but because he's consumed by his own disease. The kids make a strong case for what a family should be when they don't have parents and they don't have money. A very good show indeed.

kcxiv 01-31-2011 06:29 PM

or when she bent over and the dad was like wtf eating his muffin. haha

I cant wait to see where they take that storyline. It may end up all ****ing bad, because this show just goes that way.

CosmicPal 01-31-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7396572)
I cant wait to see where they take that storyline. It may end up all ****ing bad, because this show just goes that way.

I don't think he will succumb to her intentions though. This is a family in a messed up situation that is trying to do the right thing. He didn't act upon her sexual invitation because he knew it was the wrong thing to do. For once in his life, he's getting awesome cooking, a warm bed to sleep, and a sexual partner that has some pretty weird demands and habits. But he'd rather take her toys up the ass just to have a warm bed, great food, and a chair by the TV where none of his kids are bothering him. That is why he didn't jump into the tub with her. It was a true test of his will.

MatriculatingHank 01-31-2011 06:42 PM

Alot of Brits are up in arms over us "Yanks" ripping off yet another of their TV series. "Shameless" premiered on British Channel 4 back in 1994. Just like "The Office", the events in US version is following the UK version practically scene for scene.
Here's Episode 1 Season 1 UK style:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2hy_jQZ7w8

KcMizzou 01-31-2011 10:11 PM

Just finished the 3rd episode. This show's great.

okcchief 01-31-2011 10:16 PM

I like the show a lot so far. I'm not sure where they are taking it which is a good thing.

kcxiv 02-01-2011 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MatriculatingHank (Post 7396603)
Alot of Brits are up in arms over us "Yanks" ripping off yet another of their TV series. "Shameless" premiered on British Channel 4 back in 1994. Just like "The Office", the events in US version is following the UK version practically scene for scene.

i dont really give a crap about if the Brits are getting pissy, the writers sold their show to the US, so they should ****ing be pissed at them not us. They are in season 8 anyways.

This show is just fun.

Red Brooklyn 02-01-2011 03:56 PM

My friend writes for the show, so I'm glad people are responding well. Early reviews were not kind. I still haven't seen it, but it's nice to hear people are loving it.

Tribal Warfare 02-01-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmicPal (Post 7396552)
The blonde chick in the bathtub scene was awesome. :drool:

It's the epitome of a dysfunctional family trying to make ends meet with the eldest sibling making sure they pay their bills on time, get to school on time, etc. while having to deal with an alcoholic father who abandons them- not out of love, but because he's consumed by his own disease. The kids make a strong case for what a family should be when they don't have parents and they don't have money. A very good show indeed.

I wasn't sure to either to be aroused or disgusted by it. Such conflicting emotions :D

big nasty kcnut 02-01-2011 04:28 PM

Its a good show as long as it don't get too serious.

kcxiv 02-01-2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 7398434)
I wasn't sure to either to be aroused or disgusted by it. Such conflicting emotions :D

The actress that plays that character is 23 years old. Be aroused! lol

Tribal Warfare 02-01-2011 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7398504)
The actress that plays that character is 23 years old. Be aroused! lol

thank god, that was a close one

kcxiv 02-01-2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 7398549)
thank god, that was a close one

lol, i had the same initial reaction, i wasnt expecting it, and i looked away, then i did some ole internet research, and promptly rewinded that scene haha, i needed a do over.

ChiefsFanatic 02-01-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MatriculatingHank (Post 7396603)

Showtime has the best two consecutive hours of television on Sundays. Speaking of the British, Episodes, which is on right before Shameless, makes me laugh a lot. Joey Tribiani, errrr, Matt Leblanc, is hilarious. The British couple are hilarious, too.

Hammock Parties 02-01-2011 07:31 PM

Best reason to watch this show is boobs.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/582899...in_ride_a_guy/

kcxiv 02-01-2011 09:10 PM

not the best reason, just the added bonus. The show itself is great without boobs. The boobs is just the cherry on top. lol

KcMizzou 02-01-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7399347)
not the best reason, just the added bonus. The show itself is great without boobs. The boobs is just the cherry on top. lol

:thumb:

kcxiv 03-07-2011 12:48 AM

I absolutely love this show. Tonights episode was crazy as ****. Shit just got real.

KcMizzou 03-08-2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7471553)
I absolutely love this show. Tonights episode was crazy as ****. Shit just got real.

That was brutal. Sometimes it can be hard to watch.

kcxiv 03-09-2011 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 7475902)
That was brutal. Sometimes it can be hard to watch.

Them kids are the best actors i have seen in a long time. They nail their parts. Debbie is ****ing awesome. She's killing it.

Baby Lee 03-14-2011 01:43 AM

We havin' a problem? . . . Phillip

I don't know . . . Bob . . . you're camped out in my house, you're ****ing my mother, and talking about stealing my baby brother.

ROFL ROFL

I think I'll start growing my hair to go as Frank for Halloween.

kcxiv 03-21-2011 04:35 AM

lol, i dont really know what to say with the way the episode ended. I didnt think Frank would do it. He's in a heap of trouble. I always have to remember that this tv show is called Shameless for a reason. lol

Debbie when playing xbox saying "eat my ass" had me laughing my ass off. haha

Sofa King 03-21-2011 08:45 AM

watched my first episode last night. pretty awesome. really makes me want to have showtime.

kcxiv 03-21-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 7506012)
watched my first episode last night. pretty awesome. really makes me want to have showtime.

It only gets better alot better man. If you have a chance watch them all, next weeks episode is season finale i think.

vailpass 03-21-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 7488617)
We havin' a problem? . . . Phillip

I don't know . . . Bob . . . you're camped out in my house, you're ****ing my mother, and talking about stealing my baby brother.

ROFL ROFL

I think I'll start growing my hair to go as Frank for Halloween.

"Her mom freaked out when she saw the black strap on.."
"You whore!"

That black bulldyke bitch needed to be killed. I am horrified by every single part of this show and absolutely enjoy it.
I could do without the rampant buggery but the hotties make up for it.

Bill Lundberg 03-23-2011 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7505855)
lol, i dont really know what to say with the way the episode ended. I didnt think Frank would do it. He's in a heap of trouble. I always have to remember that this tv show is called Shameless for a reason. lol

Debbie when playing xbox saying "eat my ass" had me laughing my ass off. haha

If you're talking about Frank boning the blond daughter of his girlfriend. I don't necessarily think Frank had any say in the matter. He ate about ten oxy's and the dude is always drunk. From the scene it didn't even look as if he were participating.

That being said, you're right - he's in a heap of trouble!

Fire Me Boy! 03-23-2011 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Lundberg (Post 7511784)
If you're talking about Frank boning the blond daughter of his girlfriend. I don't necessarily think Frank had any say in the matter. He ate about ten oxy's and the dude is always drunk. From the scene it didn't even look as if he were participating.

Yeah, I don't think it was a decision Frank made. Hated to see that happen, too.

Baby Lee 03-23-2011 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 7511862)
Yeah, I don't think it was a decision Frank made. Hated to see that happen, too.

Not even sure it happened. For all we know he's sitting there flaccid while she grinds him. Though I'm sure they'll make it clear that insertion occurred, for plot purposes.

kcxiv 03-24-2011 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Lundberg (Post 7511784)

lol, yeah, he was just trying to be a cool dude and she took advantage of him, but that doesnt really matter to anyone outside of frank. lol

I didnt think they would actually do it, i thought she would tease him a bit and play with that part, but nope, they went Shameless haha.

kcxiv 03-24-2011 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 7511947)
Not even sure it happened. For all we know he's sitting there flaccid while she grinds him. Though I'm sure they'll make it clear that insertion occurred, for plot purposes.

on the previews for the season finale, he did ask what the law was for the sex age. Whats worse is that shit was being streamed on the internet. lol Its everywhere now

Great Expectations 03-24-2011 09:22 AM

At least Lip won't be hung up on her anymore. I like the story line of him going to the private college. He could eff some stuff up there.

Baby Lee 03-24-2011 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7513180)
on the previews for the season finale, he did ask what the law was for the sex age. Whats worse is that shit was being streamed on the internet. lol Its everywhere now

Like I said, it'll probably come down that they did indeed do the deed. But I would also imagine [IRL] naked genital contact of any type would involve age of consent laws.

Mr. Laz 03-24-2011 09:31 AM

show is just too painful to watch :shrug:

i scan it for the boobies but when all the ****ed stuff comes on i go back to a book or something. ROFL

kcxiv 03-24-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 7513465)
Like I said, it'll probably come down that they did indeed do the deed. But I would also imagine [IRL] naked genital contact of any type would involve age of consent laws.

Well it's a good thing she's 23 irl. Lol

Bill Lundberg 03-24-2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 7513180)

5 bucks says she ends up knocked up.

Baby Lee 03-24-2011 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Lundberg (Post 7514552)
Spoiler!
says she ends up knocked up.

FYP

Bill Lundberg 03-25-2011 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 7514836)
FYP

I don't get it.

Tribal Warfare 03-25-2011 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Lundberg (Post 7516215)
I don't get it.

The original show was/is on the BBC/UK , it's in its 8th Season

Bill Lundberg 03-25-2011 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 7516244)
The original show was/is on the BBC/UK , it's in its 8th Season

I had no idea. Has anyone watched the British version? I'd like to check it out, but I'm really enjoying the one on Showtime right now.

Baby Lee 03-26-2011 12:15 PM

Is it possible that 'Monica Gallagher' is hotter now than when she played Nancy Spungeon?

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/o...idAndNancy.jpg
http://www.wtfestival.org/sites/defa...webb.chloe.jpg

KcMizzou 03-26-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 7513478)
show is just too painful to watch :shrug:

i scan it for the boobies but when all the ****ed stuff comes on i go back to a book or something. ROFL

I hear ya. Well written, well acted.. but it's ****ing depressing.

Baby Lee 03-26-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 7518968)
I hear ya. Well written, well acted.. but it's ****ing depressing.

Up until its finale last week, it was an interesting counterpoint to Big Love.

Unconventional family arrangement, sheltered by $$ - vs - Unconventional family arrangement[s], forced by lack of $$.

Bill Lundberg 03-28-2011 09:04 AM

Last night's finale was underwhelming for the most part IMO. It was somewhat refreshing to see that Frank does have a human side, and the piss incident was pretty damned funny. I didn't see Karen's father taking the path he chose before getting to kick Frank's ass, but I'm not surprised by what he did. Fiona's choice was also not a surprise.

All in all I can't wait until next season.

kcxiv 03-28-2011 02:35 PM

WEll, if it sticks to the BBC script, there will bbe alot of things that you dont think happen, that does happen. I guess like i been saying, this show is called Shameless for a reason.

I enjoyed it, though it didnt seem like a season finale thats for sure. I think Amy Smart's character is going to get romantically involved with Fiona. I dont know if thats in the BBC version or not.

Now we get to wait about 9 months for season 2. yes. lol

Bill Lundberg 03-28-2011 03:36 PM

Is the BBC version online somewhere to watch?

Fire Me Boy! 03-28-2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Lundberg (Post 7522885)
Is the BBC version online somewhere to watch?

http://tinyurl.com/4q4jqkp

Bill Lundberg 03-28-2011 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 7522901)

LMAO

Fire Me Boy! 03-28-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Lundberg (Post 7522921)
LMAO

:D

At least I didn't Rick Roll you.

Bambi 03-30-2011 08:35 AM

My favorite show of the year. Well done...

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hLhiQK1i_O8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

vailpass 03-31-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Expectations (Post 7513458)
At least Lip won't be hung up on her anymore. I like the story line of him going to the private college. He could eff some stuff up there.

Or not.

Mr. Laz 03-31-2011 01:33 PM

it would be better if some just put a vid together on all the nekkid chick scenes for the season so i can watch that.

Don't need to see all the other depressing stuff. ROFL

Deberg_1990 12-16-2011 07:02 PM

Great show....only seen a few episodes so far, but like what ive seen. William H Macy is a God.

kcxiv 12-16-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8209520)
Great show....only seen a few episodes so far, but like what ive seen. William H Macy is a God.

It gets soo good. Season 2 starts in Jan i think! 2nd half of season one is all kinds of ****ed up. haha

Tribal Warfare 12-16-2011 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 8209626)
It gets soo good. Season 2 starts in Jan i think! 2nd half of season one is all kinds of ****ed up. haha

I haven't seen the UK variation of season 2 but if you want spoliers then there you go.

Baby Lee 12-19-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 8209626)

A birdie told me the S2 premiere is out there, and I must say, as a plotline it was some dark dark, yet still very enjoyable, shit.

NJChiefsFan 12-20-2011 01:25 AM

I really enjoyed the first season and am looking forward to season 2.

Baby Lee 12-22-2011 06:18 AM

Happy Holidays.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dcK4OJmIo7c&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dcK4OJmIo7c&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

Interesting that Steve's in the promo.

NJChiefsFan 12-22-2011 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8227788)
Happy Holidays.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dcK4OJmIo7c&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dcK4OJmIo7c&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

Interesting that Steve's in the promo.

Guess it makes sense. He was a pretty strong character on the show.

CosmicPal 12-22-2011 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8227788)
Happy Holidays.

Farkin' Awesome! Can't wait for the new season to beer!

Baby Lee 12-27-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 8229464)
Guess it makes sense. He was a pretty strong character on the show.

Yeah, but the S1 finale, he beat feet due to the net coming down on his car theft operation.

I do know

Spoiler!

Barrymore50 12-27-2011 03:24 PM

I've seen the British show, but not the American version. First few seasons of UK show are on Netflix. Me and my wife had opposite reactions to it--she loved it, I hated it. I didn't think it was that funny and just felt uncomfortable about it. X-Men: First Class's James McAvoy is in the first season or two BTW.

Great Expectations 01-08-2012 05:29 PM

Bump for season 2

kcxiv 01-08-2012 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrymore50 (Post 8239452)
I've seen the British show, but not the American version. First few seasons of UK show are on Netflix. Me and my wife had opposite reactions to it--she loved it, I hated it. I didn't think it was that funny and just felt uncomfortable about it. X-Men: First Class's James McAvoy is in the first season or two BTW.

The whole thing about this show is that its supposed to be uncomfortable, thats why i like it. The US version is the same, its facepalm after facepalm after facepalm. lol Thats why i like the show anyways. Ooh, and Rossums tits are a plus

TrebMaxx 01-08-2012 08:08 PM

The Mrs. and I planned on watching this show and the other two season premiers on tonight since it was a free weekend. Low and behold for some reason my free weekend appears to be over as none of the Showtime channels are on any longer. Really pisses me off since I get hit with ads on the web and just saw a commercial on TV a few minutes ago about "free Showtime weekend and to check out these 3 premiers".

Deberg_1990 01-08-2012 10:35 PM

Wow, frank hit a new low tonight with his kid Liam.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-24-2012 04:18 PM

Frank rolling that TV into the bar after banging that chick to death was pretty funnay.

Tribal Warfare 01-24-2012 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8278052)
Wow, frank hit a new low tonight with his kid Liam.

He hit another one with But-her-face and her heart donation opportunity loss.

Deberg_1990 01-24-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 8324013)
He hit another one with But-her-face and her heart donation opportunity loss.

yea, no kidding.....eveyr episode im just like :facepalm:

Great show. It walks a very fine line, but does it brilliantly.

Bambi 01-24-2012 09:35 PM

This new season has started out good. I really like the black girls boyfriend, the dude that wants to own the bar.

Seems like they've been featuring him a lot so far in the first few episodes.

kcxiv 01-31-2012 12:27 AM

This show delivers. The chick gettting chased by that crazy bitch all over had me laughing. This show is such a facepalm, but i love it.

Deberg_1990 01-31-2012 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 8338245)
This show delivers. The chick gettting chased by that crazy bitch all over had me laughing. This show is such a facepalm, but i love it.

The payoff to that scene was hialrious with Frank, Fiona and schlong underneath the table.

Deberg_1990 03-21-2012 10:57 AM

Anyone else been watching? Ive really enjoyed this season. It never fails to make me laugh. The writing and acting is great. This is a top 5 show for me. Very underrated.

jiveturkey 03-21-2012 11:16 AM

I too love it. It can make me laugh and feel extremely uncomfortable in a matter of minutes.

vailpass 03-21-2012 11:55 AM

It is must-DVR viewing for me and the wife. Hilarious. To be watched after the kids are in bed and asleep for an hour to make sure they never walk in on it. This show contains every kind of foul I ever heard of and a few I haven't.

Tribal Warfare 03-21-2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8479796)
Anyone else been watching? Ive really enjoyed this season. It never fails to make me laugh. The writing and acting is great. This is a top 5 show for me. Very underrated.

LMAO @ Steve/Jimmy's "girlfriend" and attempting to find her lover in one of the closed off steel crates .

Baby Lee 03-21-2012 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 8443975)
It appears you won't find evidence of it on the internet as she hasn't really been a celeb of late, but Chloe Webb on Shameless is foiyn as rice wine. Looks like a more feminine, less worn-out, Tatum O'Neal.

BTW Shameless is slowly but surely becoming my favorite show on TV, and that's saying a LOT. You NEVER know what's gonna happen next, but it's gonna be twisted, depraved, funny and sad. Constantly showing how people can be unhuman and still deeply human.

vailpass 03-27-2012 12:44 PM

Were those candid shots of the vag during birth really necessary?
Last two episodes have been really good though.