ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Poe. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=260436)

LOCOChief 06-12-2012 08:14 PM

[QUOTE=SNR;8675714]Hali at least had halfway decent college film. All that effort showed up in his play quite obviously. With Poe you know he works hard, but you just don't see it on the field.[/QUOTE
All that big boy has to do is apply effort, contant effort. Size + agility + speed + strength = jack shit! Throw in some effort and you got something else.

milkman 06-13-2012 01:13 PM

Seriously, making it like some big deal that Poe is showing up at OTAs and mini camps without a contract is stupid.

It's rare when a kid hasn't shown up at these.

It was just a few years ago that some kid (I think it was a Charger rookie) refused to show, talking about how an injury could affect his negotiations.

L.A. Chieffan 06-13-2012 01:14 PM

Sooooo who on here predicted that the Chiefs would draft this guy?

milkman 06-13-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A.Chieffan (Post 8677268)
Sooooo who on here predicted that the Chiefs would draft this guy?

Soooooo, who on here gives a ****?

L.A. Chieffan 06-13-2012 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8677269)
Soooooo, who on here gives a ****?

Everyone

Mr. Laz 06-13-2012 01:54 PM

Poe maybe had play of day on sweet move and push at LOS to get would b sack #chiefs

Twitter / Mitch Holthus

How awesome would it be if Poe racks up a handful of sacks every year?

beach tribe 06-13-2012 02:29 PM

I'm forced to take Crennel's word when it comes to an assessment of Poe's ability. there may not be a more qualified person on the planet to defer to in this situation. So until Poe proves that he wasn't worth the pick, I'm going to assume he was.

beach tribe 06-13-2012 02:31 PM

And as far as the tape goes, from what I've seen, he has flashed. Hard. He just never amassed any numbers, and that's all coachable IMO.

RealSNR 06-13-2012 02:33 PM

Which defensive linemen did Crennel draft when he was with the Browns?

beach tribe 06-13-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8677480)
Which defensive linemen did Crennel draft when he was with the Browns?

With a first round pick? I don't know who?

RealSNR 06-13-2012 02:39 PM

Eh, I'll stop being lazy and answer my own question.

5 139 David McMillan- DE
6 203 Andrew Hoffman- DT

1 13 Kamerion Wimbley- DE
6 181 Babatunde Oshinowo- DT

6 200 Melila Purcell- DE
7 213 Chase Pittman- DE

6 190 Ahtyba Rubin- DT

So... he knows defensive linemen only if they're high end picks maybe?

whoman69 06-13-2012 03:28 PM

The Kansas City Chiefs have had their first round pick Dontari Poe in mandatory minicamp this week, as well as the rest of the offseason before this week. That's notable because Poe has yet to sign his rookie contract. In past years rookies wouldn't work out until they had their rookie deal done but Poe's contract isn't a concern with the NFL's rookie wage scale.

Poe said there was "no doubt" he was going to be at the Chiefs offseason program, regardless of his contract.

"I'm here to play football, so I'm doing that side of it," Poe said, via comments sent out by the Chiefs. "I leave that up to pretty much the other people to do that, so I'm just doing what I'm here to do."

So what does Poe working out without a contract say about him?

"It says he wants to make the team," Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel said. "That's what that says."

Pretty sure he's gonna make the team but Crennel didn't sound concerned at all about Poe's contract.

"They will get it done eventually because of the new structure in camp and things like that, but I think that he wants to learn the system and show what his abilities are so that when he does get assigned he can fall right into place."

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/6...fs-dontari-poe

OMG HE'S NOT SIGNED YET!!!!!!!!!!

ModSocks 06-13-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 8677499)
Eh, I'll stop being lazy and answer my own question.

I lol'd

suzzer99 06-13-2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 8677262)
Seriously, making it like some big deal that Poe is showing up at OTAs and mini camps without a contract is stupid.

It's rare when a kid hasn't shown up at these.

It was just a few years ago that some kid (I think it was a Charger rookie) refused to show, talking about how an injury could affect his negotiations.

Stop sucking the fun out of life

Mr. Laz 06-13-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 8677620)
The Kansas City Chiefs have had their first round pick Dontari Poe in mandatory minicamp this week, as well as the rest of the offseason before this week. That's notable because Poe has yet to sign his rookie contract. In past years rookies wouldn't work out until they had their rookie deal done but Poe's contract isn't a concern with the NFL's rookie wage scale.

Poe said there was "no doubt" he was going to be at the Chiefs offseason program, regardless of his contract.

"I'm here to play football, so I'm doing that side of it," Poe said, via comments sent out by the Chiefs. "I leave that up to pretty much the other people to do that, so I'm just doing what I'm here to do."

So what does Poe working out without a contract say about him?

"It says he wants to make the team," Chiefs coach Romeo Crennel said. "That's what that says."

Pretty sure he's gonna make the team but Crennel didn't sound concerned at all about Poe's contract.

"They will get it done eventually because of the new structure in camp and things like that, but I think that he wants to learn the system and show what his abilities are so that when he does get assigned he can fall right into place."

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2012/6...fs-dontari-poe

OMG HE'S NOT SIGNED YET!!!!!!!!!!

i know you're making a joke but i really don't understand why they all aren't sign yet. The new system should make it pretty cut and dry.