ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Steam summer sale 2013 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274468)

007 07-13-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 9809138)
Tomb Raider is $12.49 right now. I'm trying to decide if I should buy it. Anybody have thoughts on it?

BUY IT!!! Fun as hell.

Also, 17.49 will get you every tomb raider ever made, including the new one.

EDIT

I'm kicking myself for buying it on ebay for $15 now. Could have got the motherload for 2.50 more.

Shaid 07-13-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 9809138)
Tomb Raider is $12.49 right now. I'm trying to decide if I should buy it. Anybody have thoughts on it?

I really liked it a lot. Fun game.

Imon Yourside 07-13-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9809506)
TW3 is open world, therefore it will destroy my soul.

Can't wait.

And if it gets Bethesda to up their game...even better.

It really doesn't get much better than Bethesda and the open world RPG. They do a great job and if you don't like it then mod it the way you do like it.

KCFalcon59 07-13-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9809586)
BUY IT!!! Fun as hell.

Also, 17.49 will get you every tomb raider ever made, including the new one.

EDIT

I'm kicking myself for buying it on ebay for $15 now. Could have got the motherload for 2.50 more.

Well, thanks. Made me go buy it. These Steam sales make it too easy to justify buying a new game. The deals are great.

AndChiefs 07-13-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCFalcon59 (Post 9810244)
Well, thanks. Made me go buy it. These Steam sales make it too easy to justify buying a new game. The deals are great.

I always find myself buying more than I planned too as well.

KCFalcon59 07-13-2013 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 9810255)

Me too. It's because I will find one I missed the last time and feel I have to jump on the deal.

Pants 07-14-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndChiefs (Post 9810255)

Yeap. I still got a shit ton of games from the Winter sale that I haven't even touched yet.

The deals are just too good to pass up!

Pants 07-14-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9809884)
It really doesn't get much better than Bethesda and the open world RPG. They do a great job and if you don't like it then mod it the way you do like it.

Yeah, but once you play an MMO, the whole single player open world aspect just takes on this whole 'meh' thing for you. Don't get me wrong, I think Bethesda creates an excellent open world but it's just not enough to make their games truly great. They really need to work on their character progression and loot system, but that's a dead horse beaten to a pulp.

keg in kc 07-14-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9810572)
Yeah, but once you play an MMO, the whole single player open world aspect just takes on this whole 'meh' thing for you. Don't get me wrong, I think Bethesda creates an excellent open world but it's just not enough to make their games truly great. They really need to work on their character progression and loot system, but that's a dead horse beaten to a pulp.

That's exactly how it feels for me. It's just an MMO grind without other players, and without the incentive of knowing I'll still be playing a year from now so it's not a total waste of time. There's no real storytelling crux to keep me going.

I'm curious to see what BioWare and CDProjektRed do with an open world game.

Hammock Parties 07-14-2013 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9810572)

Not for me. Always draws me in, big time. I've never had better gaming experiences than I've had with Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas, Skyrim. DX: HR was semi-open world and was also brilliant.

And I hate MMOs. Mostly because they're TOO big.

keg in kc 07-14-2013 12:29 AM

Kind of hoping that BG: EE doesn't win the current vote, because I just bought the original on GOG, and I will still double dip if the new one comes in at $5, so I can get in on any upcoming stuff as well as BG2: EE if the issues with the publisher are ever worked out.

Imon Yourside 07-14-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9810589)
Not for me. Always draws me in, big time. I've never had better gaming experiences than I've had with Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas, Skyrim. DX: HR was semi-open world and was also brilliant.

Yup, I love the single player games...I've tried many MMO's and never gotten into one.

Pants 07-14-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith HATER (Post 9810589)

They always draw me in for the first 80 hours, too. What's left after that? Your character is as good as he's going to get and the story sure as **** is not interesting or gripping enough to keep playing.

Hammock Parties 07-14-2013 12:36 AM

Once I've explored the world, completed the main quest and done the interesting side quests, the game is over.

That's still a shit ton of gameplay, let's not kid ourselves.

There's a reason these games take home game of the year awards.

Imon Yourside 07-14-2013 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9810601)
They always draw me in for the first 80 hours, too. What's left after that? Your character is as good as he's going to get and the story sure as **** is not interesting or gripping enough to keep playing.

I agree the loot system needs some work, but the world is so...beautiful...it's just fun to walk around in.