ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Roast of James Franco on Comedy Central (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=275816)

Rudy tossed tigger's salad 09-03-2013 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9935093)
Pams roast was great.

Man sandburg sucked in the roast. Is he mildly reeruned?

Jeffery ross needs a 4 hour roast uncensored.

He took a risk and picked up steam as he went along. Not as good as Norm's, but I enjoyed it. To me, Ross is getting worse each roast...though the 'Wreck it, Ralph' line was great.

Thig Lyfe 09-03-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 9934114)
Norm's set was awful. He's usually hilarious.

You didn't get it.

underEJ 09-03-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

He reversed the roast, but didn't pull it off all that well, but for me he gets a pass just for being there, to allow the Lorne Michaels' funeral sad acoustic dick in a box joke from someone else that nearly slayed me.

My favorite thing about James Franco is that clearly all his friends think he is just really strange. Strange people are way more interesting than everyone else.

I do think comedy roasts stick too much to physical attributes and gayness, funny for a while, but gets thin pretty quick. They had some good career jokes on each other here and there too.

BigMeatballDave 09-03-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9935102)
You didn't get it.

Sure I did. I got that he was unfunny.

BigMeatballDave 09-03-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Very funny. Everyone on set loved it.

Baby Lee 09-03-2013 10:45 AM

Laughed way more than I expected.

Liked how Jonah went with faux-praising bits instead of setup-punchline jokey jokes.

Thought Hader was the best of the night, don't think I stopped laughing from the '99 Cops' line about 'I dropped the rape kit, deborky-squorky' ROFL until the end of his set.

Building up a head of steam was the perfect description of Samberg's set. Early on, I was like 'Oh, poor guy doing a B-list Norm McDonald' but when he got emotional about all the sex things James did to him, he was selling it big time.

Even Natasha got a couple of the better crafted jokes on the night, the Lorne Michaels' funeral = dick in a box, and 'if I wanted an unfunny Indian to yell at me, I'd read a magazine in 7-11.'

CHENZ A! 09-03-2013 11:52 AM

I laughed the most overall during Samberg's part, but I'm a ****ing goofball so it doesn't surprise me that others didn't find him funny.

Thig Lyfe 09-03-2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BCD (Post 9935165)
Sure I did. I got that he was unfunny.

Nope. You just didn't get it. That's okay. Don't worry. You're fine.

DJ's left nut 09-03-2013 12:09 PM

Did this one from Ross get cut?

"Face it, Franco, you and Anne Hathaway had the comedic chemistry of Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman."

Everyone figured it would - I wanted to see the reaction.

CHENZ A! 09-03-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9935333)

"Face it, Franco, you and Anne Hathaway had the comedic chemistry of Trayvon Martin and George Zimmerman."

It was on there.

Thig Lyfe 09-03-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9935333)

Were you in the audience or something?

Sannyasi 09-03-2013 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHENZ A! (Post 9935318)
I laughed the most overall during Samberg's part, but I'm a ****ing goofball so it doesn't surprise me that others didn't find him funny.

I liked Samberg too. Even if deconstructing typical roast jokes is kind of old hat at this point, I still enjoyed having someone break up the rhythm a little bit and come at things at a slightly different angle.

I didn't think anyone had a particularly weak performance, actually. I'm not really familiar with Nick Kroll or Natasha Leggero but they had some great jokes.

rico 09-03-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thig Lyfe (Post 9935102)
You didn't get it.

Which make it even more funny that Norm was brave enough to attempt it. So many people didn't get it. My God, I thought it was hilarious.

Easy 6 09-03-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9933837)
I really didn't think James Franco had that long of a career to be roasted...

I don't get it either, it used to be "legends"... now its Franco.

Rasputin 09-03-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9935578)
I don't get it either, it used to be "legends"... now its Franco.

Next he is going be on Spikes movie awards & recieve the "Life Time Achievement" award.