ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs With The 23rd Selection In The 2014 Draft The Chiefs Select... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=281740)

milkman 02-26-2014 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10454420)
Mike Evans is the guy I want.

Everyone was impressed with his gauntlet drill, and I don't get it.

I thought he was lazy and ran it at half speed.

Mav 02-26-2014 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10454454)
Last year's draft was deep with offensive lineman and this years draft is deep with WR. KC will definitely cash in.

Yeahhhhh, cause you guys have hit on so many first rounders lately. How is Sylvster Williams working out for you?

I mean, sure tell me about Demaryius Thomas, hes great, but, in that same draft you took Tim Tebow.

And, sure tell me about Von Miller, and ill tell you about how he is a druggy loser, who then tore his Acl. So, lets be honest. The Chiefs and Broncos, probably shouldn't be bragging about their drafting skills.

Mav 02-26-2014 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10454487)

I only needed to see two things for him.

I wanted to see how he ran. And, I wanted to see how he attacked the ball. Hes a pure hands catcher, and on top of that, his hands are ENORMOUS.

The other stuff. Meh.

OldSchool 02-26-2014 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10454454)
Last year's draft was deep with offensive lineman and this years draft is deep with WR. KC will definitely cash in.

This year is really deep with DBs (just not really safeties at the top) and OL men as well.

Tombstone RJ 02-26-2014 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10454499)
Yeahhhhh, cause you guys have hit on so many first rounders lately. How is Sylvster Williams working out for you?

I mean, sure tell me about Demaryius Thomas, hes great, but, in that same draft you took Tim Tebow.

And, sure tell me about Von Miller, and ill tell you about how he is a druggy loser, who then tore his Acl. So, lets be honest. The Chiefs and Broncos, probably shouldn't be bragging about their drafting skills.

whatever, I was being serious about this draft being deep at WR and that KC should score on one.

-King- 02-26-2014 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10454420)
Mike Evans is the guy I want.

This. I see him as a better version of Aaron Hernandez.... Minus the whole murderee thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Mav 02-26-2014 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ (Post 10454509)
whatever, I was being serious about this draft being deep at WR and that KC should score on one.

Fair enough, although, I think the Chiefs would benefit from a player like Julius Thomas more.

:D

htismaqe 02-26-2014 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavericks Ace (Post 10454445)
Nah. It makes sense. Everyone thinks a big receiver is going to be BALDWIN. Thus guy is not BALDWIN. This guy could be Fitzgerald.

ANDRE JOHNSON

htismaqe 02-26-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 10454487)

I'm impressed with his tape. That's enough for me.

I still prefer TE over WR but if we're going WR, I want Evans.

htismaqe 02-26-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 10454511)
This. I see him as a better version of Aaron Hernandez.... Minus the whole murderee thing.
Posted via Mobile Device

Evans? He's a WR.

Jimmya 02-26-2014 10:19 AM

Sometimes I feel that Evans is an updated version of Bowe .... Don't know if that's good or not.

chiefscafan 02-26-2014 10:28 AM

I go Lee or Clinton - Dix. But yes if we could get a FS and a CB it would free us up to do so much more.

milkman 02-26-2014 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10454574)
I'm impressed with his tape. That's enough for me.

I still prefer TE over WR but if we're going WR, I want Evans.

This is more a critisism of the people commenting on the drill than anything else.

Looking at some of his plays, he seemed to have a knack for getting separation, and a better knack for providing himself as a target when protection broke down, and seems to have good hands.

But I did think he was lazy in the gauntlet, yet no one else even commented on that.

Rausch 02-26-2014 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 10454580)
Sometimes I feel that Evans is an updated version of Bowe .... Don't know if that's good or not.

Depends on who your QB is...

SeeingRed 02-26-2014 10:44 AM

I wouldn't be upset if we got Ebron...then we would have 2 potentially GREAT TEs...I know he needs to prove himself but I really think Kelce could be elite. Still would rather see a really skilled WR at #23. But if Ebron is still there and the Jets didn't scoop him up he is def an option to look at.