ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Reid interested in Alex Smith... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269575)

The Bad Guy 02-03-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9374776)
It's lazy because the comments from Reid supposedly go back to last year when he was with the EAGLES. That's if you believe the report from Trent Dilfer.

So you think it's out of the realm of possibility that Reid would be interested in him again when the QB situation is in even worse shape here?

I actually do believe that report.

R8RFAN 02-03-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9374778)
It's called respect. Plus when you have arguably the best team in the NFL, you have the luxury of doing things like that.

It has already been reported by people with team insider knowledge that they will release him out of respect early if they can't get a trade they AND he likes. They won't trade him anywhere he doesn't want to go.

I think he would look like a boss in a Cheaps uniform

okcchief 02-03-2013 03:01 PM

Y p

O.city 02-03-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

It's called respect. Plus when you have arguably the best team in the NFL, you have the luxury of doing things like that.

It has already been reported by people with team insider knowledge that they will release him out of respect early if they can't get a trade they AND he likes. They won't trade him anywhere he doesn't want to go.

Doing things like that out of respect, you won't be the best I'm the nfl for long.

They'll release him because they need the money to lock up more important positions than back up qb.

Gtfo with respect

B14ckmon 02-03-2013 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9374815)
Doing things like that out of respect, you won't be the best I'm the nfl for long.

They'll release him because they need the money to lock up more important positions than back up qb.

Gtfo with respect

It's no different than when a player is rewarded with a good contract when they were good to the team.

O.city 02-03-2013 03:10 PM

If you are rewarding guys for what they've done, not what they will do for you in the future, you suck at contract evaluations

B14ckmon 02-03-2013 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9374820)
If you are rewarding guys for what they've done, not what they will do for you in the future, you suck at contract evaluations

How so? I already said they will release him because of the 7 million extra they will be paying him otherwise.

You are just whining to whine now. You need a girlfriend and a vacation.

O.city 02-03-2013 03:17 PM

Paying guys big contracts for what they've done gets you in trouble if they are at the en of the road

An ill tell my wife a 19 year old jags fan thinks I need a gf

B14ckmon 02-03-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9374828)
Paying guys big contracts for what they've done gets you in trouble if they are at the en of the road

An ill tell my wife a 19 year old jags fan thinks I need a gf

Tell her he's 27 or else she will leave you for lying.

Easy 6 02-03-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9374684)
I have no idea about the 49ers cap situation, but if I were the GM, I'd find a way to make it work before I started looking to trade Smith.

Absolutely, if they can manage to keep him around another year it only betters that team, as important as QB has become, even beyond years past? they'd be fools to not try.

O.city 02-03-2013 03:19 PM

And I believe you sai they will release him out of loyalty

B14ckmon 02-03-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9374831)
Absolutely, if they can manage to keep him around another year it only betters that team, as important as QB has become, even beyond years past? they'd be fools to not try.

You don't spend that much money on a backup QB. Same reason why Flynn is likely bye bye.

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9374835)
And I believe you sai they will release him out of loyalty

I said if they can't get a good trade to a team he is willing to go to, they will release him out of respect. As all of the reports stated.

O.city 02-03-2013 03:21 PM

They're looking to release or trade him to free up space because they have starters who contribute to re up. Plain and simple

R8RFAN 02-03-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9374821)
How so? I already said they will release him because of the 7 million extra they will be paying him otherwise.

You are just whining to whine now. You need a girlfriend and a vacation.

I am with you on this one, There is no loyalty in the NFL on either side.... Highest bidder rules and free agency has ruined the NFL

R8RFAN 02-03-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9374836)
You don't spend that much money on a backup QB. Same reason why Flynn is likely bye bye.

I said if they can't get a good trade to a team he is willing to go to, they will release him out of respect. As all of the reports stated.

Flynn is a possibility for a Cheaps uniform... Don't scoff, he has the tools he just needs to be polished.

O.city 02-03-2013 03:22 PM

Wait so is there loyalty or not?

It's about money. Money they need to spend on other more important players

B14ckmon 02-03-2013 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9374843)

The respect comes in to letting him approve a trade or not, and releasing him early in the FA market timeline.

No one said it wasn't about money. You are whining to whine. Calm down. Drink some Earl Grey.

R8RFAN 02-03-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9374843)

No Loyalty in the NFL at all Period....

The players are far worse than the owners and the fans have to pay for it all

Easy 6 02-03-2013 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9374836)

Its already been pointed out that Kap is on his rookie contract until 2014, so the money is doable for another year and you cant argue that QB hasnt become such a singular focal point the last few years that you can afford to just let a good one run off without a strong pitch.

Two starting caliber QB's is a luxury any team would covet.

Its a valid point to say they might let him go out of respect, and thats the most likely scenario... but they would be dumb not to try and keep him around.

O.city 02-03-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9374846)
The respect comes in to letting him approve a trade or not, and releasing him early in the FA market timeline.

No one said it wasn't about money. You are whining to whine. Calm down. Drink some Earl Grey.

Whining about what? I said they'll trade or release him due to needing that money for more important things. You're the one going all Boy Scout campfire songs about respect

B14ckmon 02-03-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9374849)
Its already been pointed out that Kap is on his rookie contract until 2014, so the money is doable for another year and you cant argue that QB hasnt become such a singular focal point the last few years that you can afford to just let a good one run off without a strong pitch.

Two starting caliber QB's is a luxury any team would covet.

Its a valid point to say they might let him go out of respect, and thats the most likely scenario... but they would be dumb not to try and keep him around.

That is 7 million dollars they could spend on someone who won't be sitting on the bench.

I'm sorry, it's just not happening;

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...de-alex-smith/

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9374861)
Whining about what? I said they'll trade or release him due to needing that money for more important things. You're the one going all Boy Scout campfire songs about respect

And I also said they will trade or release him because of the 7m they will have to pay him otherwise. You are just being an idiot and not reading entire conversation strings before interjecting. Once again, the respect line was referring to WHO they will trade him to and WHEN they will release him.

Schottenheimer 02-03-2013 04:00 PM

I don't want Alex smith I'd rather have Geno smith

RealSNR 02-03-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9374842)
Flynn is a possibility for a Cheaps uniform... Don't scoff, he has the tools he just needs to be polished.

He's had 5 seasons to acquire polish.

If he doesn't have it yet, he never will.

Pass.

Bowser 02-03-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Please don't ever GM my football team.

HotCarl 02-03-2013 04:06 PM

Flynn... too risky, and certainly more expensive.

The wily veteran from San Francisco, always the man for the job

RunKC 02-03-2013 04:07 PM

If we sign Alex Smith, it clearly says they don't believe in any QB in this draft.

Bowser 02-03-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9374925)
If we sign Alex Smith, it clearly says they don't believe in any QB in this draft.

Not really.

What's the harm in having two quarterbacks that can actually play the position on the team?

kcxiv 02-03-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9374927)
Not really.

What's the harm in having two quarterbacks that can actually play the position on the team?

I agree. After having really really bad qb's for a long ass time now, i wouldnt mind having some good ones on the team for once.

R8RFAN 02-03-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9374921)
He's had 5 seasons to acquire polish.

If he doesn't have it yet, he never will.

Pass.

He got beat out by a better QB... That does not mean he is not good

RealSNR 02-03-2013 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9374932)
He got beat out by a better QB... That does not mean he is not good

I didn't say that. I said he's done acquiring polish.

He's not going to develop as a QB anymore. He's too old.

What has has now is what he has after spending so many seasons with the best QB coaches in the league in Green Bay.

I think we can do better than Flynn. A lot better.

mcaj22 02-03-2013 04:17 PM

i thought Andy liked QBs that have arm strength

Alex Smith has a noodle weak of an arm

DeezNutz 02-03-2013 04:20 PM

****ing stupidity to talk about Smith in any different terms than we talked about Cassel. For each, his upside is effective game manager, which isn't ****ing good enough.

Always good policy to acquire a 29-year-old QB who cannot and will not be effective enough to win a SB.

RealSNR 02-03-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeezNutz (Post 9374937)
****ing stupidity to talk about Smith in any different terms than we talked about Cassel. For each, his upside is effective game manager, which isn't ****ing good enough.

Always good policy to acquire a 29-year-old QB who cannot and will not be effective enough to win a SB.

Shoot for the stars when it comes to overdrafting the **** out of a glorified 5-tech.

Settle for mediocrity when it comes to the QB position.

Chiefs will. Play good football. Together is powerful. Renew your season tix.

O.city 02-03-2013 04:24 PM

Some would rather take a guy drafted in the 7th round who's played about 3 games over a first round pick

DeezNutz 02-03-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9374940)
Some would rather take a guy drafted in the 7th round who's played about 3 games over a first round pick

Flynn will be 28 at the start of next season.

Acquiring him would be of equal stupidity of acquiring Smith. If forced to do either, though, I'd take the former because the cost would almost certainly be financial; I cannot imagine that Seattle would demand more than a token draft pick to get Flynn's contract off the books.

Smith, however, would be far more costly in terms of draft compensation.

Neither will win a SB; both options are ridiculously stupid--make no mistake of this.

Valiant 02-03-2013 04:56 PM

I do not want any ****ing game manager for my QB.. Both Flynn and Smith are that.. No..

R8RFAN 02-03-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 9374976)
I do not want any ****ing game manager for my QB.. Both Flynn and Smith are that.. No..

Yes the Chiefs have the first pick... But you don't have the whole NFL in the palm of your hands.

Fat Elvis 02-03-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 9374927)
Not really.

It is DOOOOOOOM! /GenoSmithCult

RealSNR 02-03-2013 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9374981)

If Alex wants to play backup in KC, then more power to him. I welcome him to the team with open arms.

His ass is NOT coming here to start, though.

htismaqe 02-03-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fat Elvis (Post 9374981)

Dumbest.

Straw man.

Ever.

htismaqe 02-03-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9374989)
If Alex wants to play backup in KC, then more power to him. I welcome him to the team with open arms.

His ass is NOT coming here to start, though.

If his ass is coming here, it's to start.

**** Alex Smith and **** anybody that wants him here.

R8RFAN 02-03-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9375007)

You will do what Andy says and you will like it... Savvy?

Bowser 02-03-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9375007)

I'm still not convinced that San Fran wants to let him go, despite whatever rumors are floating around out there.

BigMeatballDave 02-03-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9374980)
Yes the Chiefs have the first pick... But you don't have the whole NFL in the palm of your hands.

:spock:

RealSNR 02-03-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9374980)

I don't know what this means

R8RFAN 02-03-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9375031)
I don't know what this means

It means half of you people here think that Aaron Rodgers is going to quit the Packers and beg the Chiefs for a job... Yall need to get the **** over yourselves LMAO

htismaqe 02-03-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9375013)
You will do what Andy says and you will like it... Savvy?

**** off.

R8RFAN 02-03-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9375053)
**** off.

yOU **** OFF BITCH

htismaqe 02-03-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9375049)
It means half of you people here think that Aaron Rodgers is going to quit the Packers and beg the Chiefs for a job... Yall need to get the **** over yourselves LMAO

Yeah, good trolling actually requires some semblance of intelligent sarcasm.

You're just an idiot.

Easy 6 02-03-2013 05:26 PM

If Reid says its going to be Alex Smith, all i can say is JUST MAKE IT WORK.

And not get shoehorned into sticking with him when/if you get the chance to do better.

I WANT a quarterback at #1, but i will put my trust in this new regime... they know exactly how high the stakes are in this town and will make the right decision.

We cant be snakebitten forever, the odds are against that, whatever they do... JUST MAKE IT WORK.

R8RFAN 02-03-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9375063)

You're just an idiot.

You are a whiney bitch, quit your damn whining boy

htismaqe 02-03-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9375071)
You are a whiney bitch, quit your damn whining boy

Go **** your dog some more shit stick.

htismaqe 02-03-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9375069)

And not get shoehorned into sticking with him when/if you get the chance to do better.

I WANT a quarterback at #1, but i will put my trust in this new regime... they know exactly how high the stakes are in this town and will make the right decision.

We cant be snakebitten forever, the odds are against that, whatever they do... JUST MAKE IT WORK.

If they go with Alex Smith then no excuses, they better make the ****ing playoffs. Period.

R8RFAN 02-03-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9375077)
If they go with Alex Smith then no excuses, they better make the ****ing playoffs. Period.

And if they don't all we get to hear is you whine some more right?

Easy 6 02-03-2013 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9375077)

Agreed, it needs to result in instant playoff contender status.

And better grow from there, playoffs isnt enough to slake the bloodthirst anymore.

htismaqe 02-03-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9375079)
And if they don't all we get to hear is you whine some more right?

Feel free to leave any time.

O.city 02-03-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 9375069)

If you wanna talk about odds, odds are I have a better chance of playing in the NFL than we do of winning any thing more than a few regular season games by bringing in a free agent QB.

If you want to play the odds game, you take a QB at 1 and go from there.

Messier 02-03-2013 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9375063)

You're just an idiot.

Actually, if the goal of trolling is to get people riled up, R8ers succeeds more times than not.

RealSNR 02-03-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Nobody ****ing said that, shit stick. Go get drunk so more, you inbred alcoholic.

B14ckmon 02-03-2013 05:57 PM

Alex will be great for you guys. You will worship him after he takes you to the playoffs next year.

R8RFAN 02-03-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9375132)
Nobody ****ing said that, shit stick. Go get drunk so more, you inbred alcoholic.

You are one of the main **** sticks when it comes to shit like this too

BigMeatballDave 02-03-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

You're a terrible troll.

Give it up.

R8RFAN 02-03-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9375137)
Alex will be great for you guys. You will worship him after he takes you to the playoffs next year.

These mother ****ers are stupid man... Alex Smit could make this team respectable again .. Certain **** sticks here expect to go from 2-14 to the Superbowl in a year... LMAO

Easy 6 02-03-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9375105)
If you wanna talk about odds, odds are I have a better chance of playing in the NFL than we do of winning any thing more than a few regular season games by bringing in a free agent QB.

I have zero problems with those kind of takes, i'm as desperate and fed up as anyone here... what i'm saying is that i am willing to put my trust in this new regime to make whatever choice they make work.

If they sign Smith, i'll sit back and watch the meltdown, then play wait and see.

We have, i'm SURE of it, fostered huge change on this team... but there are limits to even that, at some point we'll just have to trust this new regime.

That sounds so much like the kind of crap i spouted about the ***** hiring its not even funny, but it is what it is... at SOME point, this club just HAS to get it right, and its my honest belief that this crew will finally manage to do that.

R8RFAN 02-03-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9375140)
You're a terrible troll.

Give it up.

BigMeatballDave 02-03-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9375137)

DIAF

BigMeatballDave 02-03-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9375144)

As I was saying...

Messier 02-03-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9375105)

Wow you're wrong.

R8RFAN 02-03-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9375150)
As I was saying...

B14ckmon 02-03-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9375147)
DIAF

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...aster-girl.jpg

BigMeatballDave 02-03-2013 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9375141)
These mother ****ers are stupid man... Alex Smit could make this team respectable again .. Certain **** sticks here expect to go from 2-14 to the Superbowl in a year... LMAO

You're dumb enough to actually believe that.

R8RFAN 02-03-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave (Post 9375156)
You're dumb enough to actually believe that.

O.city 02-03-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9375152)
Wow you're wrong.

First round QB's have won more SB's than any other QB's combined.

Statistics show that the first round is the best place to get a SB winning QB.

Yes, I know Brees was a free agent. As was Favre. So I know it can be done. But like I said, the numbers have shown that it's slim to none.

Rasputin 02-03-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9375141)

No one I know are expecting to go to the Super Bowl in a year. We who want to draft a QB #1 want the window of opportunity to go to the Super Bowl open up for 10 years. That will give us better odds to be successful long term and give us hope in the short term to get things turned around.

R8RFAN 02-03-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9375178)
No one I know are expecting to go to the Super Bowl in a year. We who want to draft a QB #1 want the window of opportunity to go to the Super Bowl open up for 10 years. That will give us better odds to be successful long term and give us hope in the short term to get things turned around.

Alex Smith is a Round 1 QB

B14ckmon 02-03-2013 06:08 PM

What's the deal with R8ers? Does he want Geno to fall to the Raiders or something? I doubt the Raiders take a QB.l

R8RFAN 02-03-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9375181)
What's the deal with R8ers? Does he want Geno to fall to the Raiders or something? I doubt the Raiders take a QB.l

Hell no, Raiders are going to take a pass rusher at #3

Rasputin 02-03-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9375179)
Alex Smith is a Round 1 QB

LMAO

Make no mistake Alex Smith is a retread ****tard.

R8RFAN 02-03-2013 06:10 PM

I would come the **** unglued if the Raiders took Geno and turn the tv off and internet

B14ckmon 02-03-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9375185)
Hell no, Raiders are going to take a pass rusher at #3

I want Damontre you guys can have Werner. Or Dion.