ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs trade (Arenas) for...wait for it...a FB? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272672)

big nasty kcnut 11-01-2018 11:00 AM

Anthony sherman one of our best pickup.

RealSNR 11-01-2018 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pest (Post 13861143)
Go back and look at the circumstances of the trade before you start calling people a bunch of ****ing idiots.

1. We traded Tony Gonzales for a 2nd round pick.
2. We then used that 2nd round pick on Javier Arenas.
3. We traded Arenas for a FB.....when WE ALREADY HAD ****ING FOUR FULLBACKS ON THE ROSTER.

Gee....I wonder why people were pissed and wondering what Dorsey was doing.

Exactly. My only fault in not liking this trade was thinking that Javier Arenas could be an okay dimeback considering how he performed as a starter for half of 2012 and also considering our insane lack of CB depth that was currently on the team.

And even if you say, "Arenas was always garbage, what's one fewer piece of garbage in a big pile of garbage?" then that doesn't explain why Dorsey and Reid went all out in free agency trying to get the team to win immediately. We want to win now, but we're taking a dude from a very weak position (whether he's JAG or not) and trading him for a guy who plays an antiquated offensive position of which we've already spent 2 6th rounders in the past two drafts and two other guys who could also do the job. By the way, one of those 6th rounders was just used by the man who made the trade like A ****ING WEEK before the trade.

Hell, and you should also consider that one of the guys who was already on the roster, Patrick DiMarco, has made the Pro Bowl as a FB a few times since then.

I'm not saying I'm not wrong. I'm definitely wrong on the trade. But at the time, yes, the trade was pretty ****ing wasteful.

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-03-2018 08:55 PM

Fact is, those "guys who get paid to do this", get way more ****ing wrong than they do right. So until they start hitting 51% on a regular basis across the league, every armchair GM in the house can keep trucking right the **** on and over the condescending bodies of their snot-nosed, "professional"-defending counterpart fans.

Cornstock 11-03-2018 09:45 PM

Who digs these threads up? Very relevant and cool to read, vaguely remember it the first time around. But jeez, some of y'all have too much time to dig

Direckshun 11-03-2018 10:11 PM

Please remember that we traded for Sherman after we drafted a FB in the 6th.

Sherman has panned out and we won the trade but what the hell?

DJ's left nut 11-03-2018 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 13865392)
Please remember that we traded for Sherman after we drafted a FB in the 6th.

Sherman has panned out and we won the trade but what the hell?

Javier Arenas was trash and Sherman had the ability to be a plus ST player. This was am easily defensible trade at the time it was made. Now I can understand an argument against it as well, but the justification was clear at the outset.

And man, that Shox guy was a goddamn reerun. A few others acquitted themselves poorly as well...

RealSNR 11-04-2018 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 13865465)
Javier Arenas was trash and Sherman had the ability to be a plus ST player. This was am easily defensible trade at the time it was made. Now I can understand an argument against it as well, but the justification was clear at the outset.

And man, that Shox guy was a goddamn reerun. A few others acquitted themselves poorly as well...

Did Dorsey just discover who Anthony Sherman was in the week after the draft or something?

"It's only a 6th round pick" is like saying "It's only a $20 bill." Why the hell would you flush it down the toilet like that?

I'm talking about spending the pick on Braden Wilson in the first place, not trading for Anthony Sherman to basically oust Braden Wilson.

redfan 11-04-2018 07:40 AM

C'mon now, who doesn't love sausage?

rabblerouser 11-04-2018 07:45 AM

So...does anyone think Arenas has any tread left to kick the tires, bring in for a look, show ropes, et al?

DJ's left nut 11-04-2018 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 13865657)
Did Dorsey just discover who Anthony Sherman was in the week after the draft or something?

"It's only a 6th round pick" is like saying "It's only a $20 bill." Why the hell would you flush it down the toilet like that?

I'm talking about spending the pick on Braden Wilson in the first place, not trading for Anthony Sherman to basically oust Braden Wilson.

A 6th round pick is more like a dime stuck to some old chewing gum. I mean if I really need the dime I'd grab it but it wouldn't take a lot to convince me that I don't need it that badly afterall...

6th round picks are glorified UDFAs.