ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***Official (12)-13 NHL Season Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268821)

DJ's left nut 01-22-2013 11:43 AM

Man, I hope the Blues are able to lock this team up - these guys are so much fun to watch because we've watched the whole lot of them grow up here.

Just run down the lines and all of these guys were either drafted here, acquired in their very early 20s or have been here for 4 years or so.

Perron - Backes - Oshie; completely homegrown 1st line, all drafted by the Blues.

McDonald - Steen - Tank; Mcdonald is amazingly in his 6th year here, Steen his 5th and Tank was drafted by the Blues.

Schwartz - Berglund - Stewart; Schwartz and Berglund are Blues draft picks, Stewart is as close to a mercenary as we have, only in his 3rd year here and an absolutely ancient 23 yrs old when we picked him up via trade.

Sobotka - Nichol - Reaves; Sobotka in his 3rd season, acquired by trade as a 22 yr old, Reaves was a draft pick and Scotty Nichol is veteran depth.

4 of the Defenseman (Petro, Cole, Jax and Polak) are draftees w/ Shattenkirk and Russell being acquired via trade at 22 and 24 respectively.

It's just been a very fun team to watch grown and develop. You hope like hell they can keep guys like Berglund, Shat-dueces and Petro for another 4-5 years and if they're lucky maybe they can get Stewart in there as well. Guys like Polak, Perron, Oshie and Backes still have 3+ years on their deals and Schwartz/Tank aren't even RFAs for several seasons.

It's could be a potentially elite, almost entirely homegrown/home developed squad. That's just awesome to root for.

Predarat 01-22-2013 12:15 PM

I hate to say this and admit it, but I moked the hell out of the Blues when they bright in Hitch. But he has done one hell of a job.

DaFace 01-22-2013 07:59 PM

Whoo Avs. I'm kind of expecting them to get destroyed tonight, but hopefully it's a fun game anyway.

chiefs1111 01-22-2013 08:08 PM

Flyers are playing like shit tonight. Horrible start to this season.

Bearcat 01-22-2013 10:23 PM

Just like last year... get shutout for 2 periods and then take care of business in the 3rd.

DaFace 01-22-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9343298)
Just like last year... get shutout for 2 periods and then take care of business in the 3rd.

Just have to wake up first I guess.

Bearcat 01-22-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9343306)
Just have to wake up first I guess.

If Duchene wasn't awake before Doughty's slapshot, he is now. :eek:

DaFace 01-22-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9343308)
If Duchene wasn't awake before Doughty's slapshot, he is now. :eek:

Yeah, that looked brutal. I'd be crying.

DaFace 01-22-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 9342786)
Whoo Avs. I'm kind of expecting them to get destroyed tonight, but hopefully it's a fun game anyway.

That'll do.

Bearcat 01-22-2013 10:51 PM

For anyone who might care, after a pretty terrible experience with Center Ice (with TWC) last season, GameCenter has been great. Great picture, and I really like the mosaic view. Four games at once, and even though the picture isn't as good (unless I guess you have a great download speed), it's good enough and switching audio is seamless. Not that many people use it, but it's better than espn3 and so far it hasn't even been close. Just downloaded it to my phone, too, and it looks great. Waiting for the ps3 app, which is due 2/1.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-23-2013 06:21 AM

Blues came on like gangbusters in the 3rd and ALMOST sent it in to OT losing by a goal to the Hawks.

Predarat 01-23-2013 09:03 AM

HUGE win for the Preds last night, **** off suter!

NJChiefsFan 01-24-2013 06:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefs1111 (Post 9342831)
Flyers are playing like shit tonight. Horrible start to this season.

They played decent in the middle of the first and start of the second. They had a horrible breakdown on the Zajac goal. Typical Flyers third period where they were more interested in being tough guys than actually trying to comeback, thus throwing the entire period away to penalty minutes. Watching them melt down certainly entertains me.

CupidStunt 01-24-2013 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Predarat (Post 9343830)
HUGE win for the Preds last night, **** off suter!

Don't understand the hostility towards Suter. He left about as amicably as you can. Preds fans should be angrier at Weber than Suter, who wasn't unrestricted, signed for more money (and clearly just FOR the $), and made less Pred-friendly comments during the process.

Predarat 01-24-2013 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 9346613)
Don't understand the hostility towards Suter. He left about as amicably as you can. Preds fans should be angrier at Weber than Suter, who wasn't unrestricted, signed for more money (and clearly just FOR the $), and made less Pred-friendly comments during the process.

He strung the Preds GM along where they could have concetrated on other things other then trying to get a deal done with him. He named several names the previous owner LiarPlod was responsible for letting go and blamed the Preds for it, then goes to where LiarPlod is the owner now. If he went to Philly or somewhere similar fans would be more understanding. Fans are not too happy with Weber either, also some blame has to go to the Preds GM, Suter did give hints he wanted out, alot of fans saw it but the GM seemed shocked when Suter left. Though it would have been very difficult to keep both Suter and Weber without sacrificing alot of other things.