ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Battlefield 3 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=241301)

russelarnold 02-09-2011 08:51 AM

Video Games Battlefield 3

Hi,

I like to play counter strike in my computer.

Saulbadguy 02-09-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russelarnold (Post 7418735)
Hi,

I like to play counter strike in my computer.

O RLY?

Bambi 02-23-2011 09:27 PM

New gameplay trailer is out.

Anyone play on xbox? I love bad company 2...

it so rules cod it's not even funny

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p7IcsdnefD4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bowener 02-24-2011 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7449317)
New gameplay trailer is out.

Anyone play on xbox? I love bad company 2...

it so rules cod it's not even funny

<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/p7IcsdnefD4" allowfullscreen="" width="640" frameborder="0" height="390"></iframe>

I am done buying COD/MW titles. Haven't played BF ever, but I hear it is much more team oriented. I am trying to convince all my friends to make the switch since we like team play the most. Tired of arcade style run and shoot.

Bambi 02-24-2011 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bowener (Post 7449832)
I am done buying COD/MW titles. Haven't played BF ever, but I hear it is much more team oriented. I am trying to convince all my friends to make the switch since we like team play the most. Tired of arcade style run and shoot.

you'll never go back to COD.

Playing black ops is like a cartoon. You can feel the sweat with this shit.

Pants 02-24-2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7449878)
you'll never go back to COD.

Playing black ops is like a cartoon. You can feel the sweat with this shit.

Meh, BF never gets as intense as COD. It also doesn't take as much skill.

WV 02-24-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7450091)

I was a loyal COD player until BO and I can't say the game play is all that much different. COD is more of a loner game while BC2 does require more teamwork depending on what game you choose, so in that aspect I think BC2 takes more skill. I'm not so sure about the intensity either, both can get pretty intense it all depends on the match. COD generally has some smaller maps and with those there is more chaos, so I guess you could call that more intense but I think its more about personal preference.

Pants 02-24-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 7450112)
I was a loyal COD player until BO and I can't say the game play is all that much different. COD is more of a loner game while BC2 does require more teamwork depending on what game you choose, so in that aspect I think BC2 takes more skill. I'm not so sure about the intensity either, both can get pretty intense it all depends on the match. COD generally has some smaller maps and with those there is more chaos, so I guess you could call that more intense but I think its more about personal preference.

As far as shooting and killing, I think COD games take more skill than BFBC2, but then again, I never played BFBC2 on Hardcore. I guess BC2 did get pretty intense in some Rush matches.

Bambi 02-24-2011 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 7450091)

That's just crazy talk.

All COD is is running around and playing lone gunman.

Battlefield is so great. All I play is rush. The best is when you spend nearly an hour fighting, losing bases, fighting more and then holding them off on the last base.

Such a fulfilling feeling I've never got from COD.

Bambi 02-24-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 7450112)

If I've got my ping going well I'm unbeatable at COD, just not that fun.

So repetitive.

Ping matters so much less with BC2.

kepp 02-24-2011 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7450277)
If I've got my ping going well ...

Please explain

Pants 02-24-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 7450319)
Please explain

Ping = latency = lag.

Saulbadguy 02-24-2011 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 7450272)
That's just crazy talk.

All COD is is running around and playing lone gunman.

Battlefield is so great. All I play is rush. The best is when you spend nearly an hour fighting, losing bases, fighting more and then holding them off on the last base.

Such a fulfilling feeling I've never got from COD.

Agreed. While i'm not a huge fan of either series, i've played both for a fair amount of time. CoD is very arcade-ish, Battlefield is more strategic. Both have their niche.

Bambi 02-24-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 7450438)
Agreed. While i'm not a huge fan of either series, i've played both for a fair amount of time. CoD is very arcade-ish, Battlefield is more strategic. Both have their niche.

MW and MW2 were pretty good. Infinity Ward ain't no slouch.

But this Black Ops plays like a cartoon. I really hate it. Treyarch is not so good.

With that said Dice is using Frostbite 2.0 for this, it looks freaking incredible.

WhitiE 02-24-2011 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 7450438)

I WAS a huge fan of cod, but then they started coming out with new titles every year and a half 2 years so i stopped buying them(besides Black OPS for the zombies) and i would have to agree with this statement. Cod is run and gun while bf is WAY more team oriented.