ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Pre-Training Camp Final 53 Man Roster Projection (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300709)

milkman 07-04-2016 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12301021)
and Williams is that good and why D/R took the chance. Just watch.

They took a chance because he costs nothing when he gets cut prior to the season.

DaneMcCloud 07-04-2016 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 12301024)
He's the ultimate risk/reward signing. Nothing invested, but could pay huge dividends. Honestly, I'll be surprised if he makes the squad, but as I pointed out earlier, who he's going up against to make it aren't exactly cast iron all-world producers. If, a big IF, he can bounce back and show that explosiveness he had when he was young, he should be able to find work here.

Don't get me wrong, he certainly has enough talent to make the Chiefs roster but he has a major uphill battle due to rust, injury and mental issues. He's battled hamstring issues since 2013 and was released by two bad teams after signing a $40 million dollar deal with Tampa.

He was suspended by Syracuse in college and by the NFL for the first six games of the 2015 season.

It would be great to see him return to his 2010 form but that's not likely, IMO.

milkman 07-04-2016 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by assman (Post 12301030)
Fisher and Reid are terrible, cut them!

Oh, look.

A brand new dumbass.

pugsnotdrugs19 07-04-2016 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12300974)
Justin Houston isn't on PUP, so there's no need to leave him off the roster.

Also, he's going to play Week 1.

Also, your roster sucks.

Also, so do you.

He might be 'ready' to go week 1. I hope like hell that he is, he is our best player after all.

But I really don't see a team that has already proven to be cautious with most all injuries, taking another big risk on their 101 million dollar investment when they messed it up last year already with him.

I'd love to see your roster if mine sucks so bad, cause it's basically straight off of what people have heard out of OTAs.

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 12300994)
Because he's already ahead of schedule on a procedure that's a lot safer and controlled than repairing a torn ACL.

We just saw a 32-year old LB with a ton of mileage on him recover from a torn achilles in one offseason.

We just saw a dude recover from ****ing cancer and months of chemotherapy in one offseason and play the best football he has in his entire career.

A couple years ago we saw the league's most electric running backs recover from ACL tears in one offseason and light the world on fire.

If you want to hemm and haw and go "BUT WE DON'T KNOOOOOOW IF HOUSTON CAN RECOVER THAT QUICKLY OR IF HE WILL AT ALL" then be my guest. It's the same bullshit as, "I DON'T KNOW IF MARCUS PETERS IS MATURE ENOUGH TO PLAY IN THE NFL."

He'll play Week 1.

We will agree to disagree on Houston. I get your excitement to see Houston play week 1 and parallel that with my enthusiasm to not only see Williams make the squad but actually be a serious contributor by mid to late season.

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 12301101)
But I really don't see a team that has already proven to be cautious with most all injuries, taking another big risk on their 101 million dollar investment when they messed it up last year already with him.

This a million times.

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12301034)
They took a chance because he costs nothing when he gets cut prior to the season.

You don't waste time signing someone if they don't fit your system because that takes time and snaps away from someone else that does. Costing nothing is just a silver lining if Williams gets it turned around.

I get the uphill battle thing but I think this kid makes it. And it is fair to call me a homer for this kid because I really like his play when he is on. He is flat out a "playmaking baller".

Lightrise 07-04-2016 05:02 PM

I don't think much of this roster prediction really. I'd rather keep Bray and cut Murray, but be open to move Hogan for a promising guard, packaged with perhaps DAT or Davis. I would keep Davis if there is no deal specifically for kick returns. Cut Mauga regardless of when Houston returns. I'm concerned about Wilson. I don't like how he gives up on plays. I've studied tape of Robinson, this guy is super talented. It's a classic Dorsey pick, reminding me of Green Bay's Donald Driver. I expect to see quite a bit of him in the second half of the season, particularly in any blow-out ballgames. This one is going to be a star (hope the ugly past is history). Safety may be interesting here, can see moving on from Sorenson and keeping Fleming. Wouldn't surprise me to see Nunez-R gone. I agree, Pughsley makes the team though.

RunKC 07-04-2016 05:48 PM

I think Aaron Murray is gone. Kevin Hogan will surprise and Might just beat Tyler Bray for the backup job.

Also think Tyreek Hill will see more action than Rod Streater. Judging by OTA's, Andy will use him a lot.

Baby Lee 07-04-2016 06:00 PM

CS asks

Quote:

Justin Houston is going to play Week 1.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12300985)
How do you know this ?

Not

Quote:

your roster sucks.

Also, so do you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 12300985)
How do you know this ?

;)

Rain Man 07-04-2016 08:59 PM

I'd like to see Reaves continue growing from last preseason, and if he does Knile may be in danger.

Eleazar 07-04-2016 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 12301038)
Oh, look.

A brand new dumbass.

What are you then, an elderly dumbass? They suck but you are the biggest cock gobbler of the three!

stumppy 07-04-2016 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by assman (Post 12301649)
What are you then, an elderly dumbass? They suck but you are the biggest cock gobbler of the three!

Soooooooo, your earlier post about Reid and Dorsey wasn't sarcasm ???

Chiefshrink 07-04-2016 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 12301428)
CS asks

Not

;)

ROFL

Eleazar 07-04-2016 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stumppy (Post 12301653)
Soooooooo, your earlier post about Reid and Dorsey wasn't sarcasm ???

I was talking about Reid and Fisher! Wasted pick and limp dick!