ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs SI Kansas City Chiefs 2013 Offseason Preview (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270016)

MahiMike 02-14-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9402780)
If you draft Joeckel #1....what QB are you taking?

And don't say Wilson, Glennon or Barkley because they're all going to go in the 1st round.

My original post said Glennon. I think he's the Flacco of this bunch. Not sure what to think anymore about 1st round QB's these days. 2011 proved everyone jumped too high. Some teams may not want to get stuck with a Gabbert or Ponder.

htismaqe 02-14-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9402794)
You won't, because the Combine is going to be like another Chiefs game. :evil:

No, it isn't.

Even if he nails every drill and scores a 35 on his Wunderlic, they'll come up with some other excuse.

A large portion of this fanbase WANTS a big LT no matter what. I really don't understand it.

duncan_idaho 02-14-2013 12:46 PM

Drafting Joeckel would be a LOT more reasonable/acceptable if:

1) Albert was looking for huge money and the Chiefs were in cap trouble.
2) Albert was not publicly expressing his interest in returning to KC. The guy clearly wants to be here.

Hammock Parties 02-14-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9402805)
No, it isn't.

Even if he nails every drill and scores a 35 on his Wunderlic, they'll come up with some other excuse.

A large portion of this fanbase WANTS a big LT no matter what. I really don't understand it.

Yeah, but **** all that.

The Combine threads on here are gonna be a lot of fun if Geno does well.

htismaqe 02-14-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9402804)
My original post said Glennon. I think he's the Flacco of this bunch.

NO. OMG, no.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9402804)
Not sure what to think anymore about 1st round QB's these days. 2011 proved everyone jumped too high. Some teams may not want to get stuck with a Gabbert or Ponder.

2011 proved that teams guessed wrong, which has happened since the draft began. Teams will continue to draft Gabbert and Ponder in hopes that they're getting Kaepernick or Wilson.

The QB position is just too important in this day and age.

MahiMike 02-14-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9402805)
No, it isn't.

I don't WANT a LT. I WANT Andrew Luck.

htismaqe 02-14-2013 12:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9402811)
Yeah, but **** all that.

The Combine threads on here are gonna be a lot of fun if Geno does well.

I was gonna post something here but got distracted by this:

htismaqe 02-14-2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9402819)

Well, those guys come around once every 15 years or so. In the meantime, guys that aren't anywhere CLOSE to Andrew Luck, like Joe Flacco, continue to win Super Bowls while we sit here and talk about left ****ing tackles.

saphojunkie 02-14-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9402751)
(sigh) Just forget it. Why don't we just have every thread reply be a cut and paste and forget about different points of views?

Just draft the kid from West Virginia and be done with it...

It's not about different points of view, dude.

The only 100% rehashed point of view is that drafting a QB is too risky.

Don't you realize? Saying over and over that Joeckel is the only can't miss prospect in the draft is "cutting and pasting" crap from other threads. The problem is that this argument has been refuted, disproved, obliterated, shut down, and completely shown as nothing short of terrible decision making.

The only can't miss prospect at left tackle is the proven veteran. You want to argue that we should let Branden Albert go and sign Jake Long? Or Andre Smith? I'll listen.

The simple fact is that you can find left tackles far more easily later in the draft than you can quarterbacks.

You want to argue that we should trade the first overall to the Jets for Revis and their first rounder? That's something we can discuss/argue about.

You want to say that we should trade down, because you believe that Tyler Wilson is the most accurate QB in the draft and is going to fall out of the first round? Let's get into the logic and probability of that.

But quit saying that we should draft Joeckel. It will be a monumental mistake.

There are four first round LT on the open market this year. To simply let yours walk, the one you have an inside track on signing, only to replace him with the most valuable pick in the draft is just asinine.

saphojunkie 02-14-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9402819)

Matt Ryan.
Colin Kaepernick.
Joe Flacco.
Tom Brady.

Not one of these guys was an Andrew Luck, and yet they all LED their teams to the conference championships.

Andrew Luck has now become the single most overrated player in NFL history, because he has now created a warped reality where he is the only QB to ever be worth drafting #1 overall.

PEYTON MANNING WASN'T ANDREW LUCK.

Rausch 02-14-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 9402838)

Andrew Luck has now become the single most overrated player in NFL history, because he has now created a warped reality where he is the only QB to ever be worth drafting #1 overall.

PEYTON MANNING WASN'T ANDREW LUCK.

No, he wasn't.

Luck WINS...

notorious 02-14-2013 12:57 PM

I am not reading another article until after the draft.

**** these no-talent, no-research cock suckers.

Cannibal 02-14-2013 12:57 PM

I am really despising these Chiefs articles. They're saying there are no good options at all.

****in blows.

Marcellus 02-14-2013 12:59 PM

Who do these experts expect the Chiefs to draft at QB next year since there is no QB in this draft thats can't miss? Who is the can't miss guy in 2014?

Wait maybe we should wait until 2015. Yea lets hold off for a bit and the right guy will fall in our laps.

Draft a ****ing QB already.

JFC we blew it in 2011. The only thing good to come out of 2012 was the house cleaning.

The Franchise 02-14-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9402849)
Who do these experts expect the Chiefs to draft at QB next year since there is no QB in this draft thats can't miss? Who is the can't miss guy in 2014?

Wait maybe we should wait until 2015. Yea lets hold off for a bit and the right guy will fall in our laps.

Draft a ****ing QB already.

JFC we blew it in 2011. The only thing good to come out of 2012 was the house cleaning.

Ready for it?

They want us to wait and draft Manziel.*

*If you shoot yourself in the head....it's not my fault.