ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs You scared? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267541)

patteeu 12-10-2012 09:26 PM

Herm finally brought the team what the members of this messageboard were calling for for years. He convinced Peterson and Hunt to tear it all down and do a real rebuild instead of trying to string things along year after year. At the very least he deserves credit for that and for bringing in most of the decent players that are on the team now.

|Zach| 12-10-2012 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9198292)
it is, the best talent in the world does not play in the USA. They play in Europe. If your a great great player, your ass is in europe playing. Where are the best players in the world playing? Europe. MLS is basically the minors.

I like Soccer, i dont watch it religiously, but i check it out on ocassion its a great sport, but until the US gets all the big dogs playing here. its the minors.

I still stand by my statement. I dont want to dog on the sport. i respect the hell out of soccer players. Im kind of dogging on the US league cause its not really the best of the best.

Attendance wise the league is 7th in the world. Mind you it is 17 years old...against leagues that have been around since the dawn of time.

That is incredible.

The talent pool is the US keeps rising but its a double edged sword. If they go to Europe (which they do all the time SKC just lost a player to the EPL and are reupping with a guy to keep him from the EPL) then they are losing talent to Europe...if they keep them then the guys are good enough to be in Europe.

It is funny.

Is it the top league in the world? No.

Is it a great league and one of the better ones in the world? Since about 2007 and def the past two years...absolutely yes.

kcxiv 12-10-2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 9198018)
Hunt hired the hottest GM prospect available and did so for big money

Pioli hired the hottest HC prospect available and tried to surround him with the quality high dollar coordinators.

sure, it all went to hell but it's not like they hired nothing

His first hire was the worst mistake he ever made. He traded for Matt Cassel before he had a head coach.

That like Whitlock says was his original Sin. It just started out ****ed up.

ROYC75 12-10-2012 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9198455)
Herm finally brought the team what the members of this messageboard were calling for for years. He convinced Peterson and Hunt to tear it all down and do a real rebuild instead of trying to string things along year after year. At the very least he deserves credit for that and for bringing in most of the decent players that are on the team now.

FTR, Herm was a good talent evaluator, he was just in over his head as a HC. Now if Herm had the right coaches and coordinators around him the rebuild would have came off after his 4th year. We would have had a team that was most likely very talented and contending The sad part is we still would of had Herm as our HC. It would have been up to the OC,DC & the ST coaches to win the games with game planing,not the HC adjusting at the half.

Would of had a lot of low scoring 9 - 6, 10-6 type games it would have been the norm.

MatriculatingHank 12-10-2012 10:47 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_le...6kw4o1_500.jpg

Buehler445 12-10-2012 11:02 PM

In a word, yes.

Hammock Parties 12-10-2012 11:04 PM

I guess you could be scared that the next QB we pick is a total slapdick.

If that happens we're in for another 3-4 years of misery I guess.

I have a good feeling whether it's Geno or Wilson. Anyone else, slapdick potential is higher.

keg in kc 12-10-2012 11:08 PM

I'm only scared that sometime in April I'm going to hear "With the first pick of the 2013 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Manti Te’o, linebacker, Notre Dame."

DaneMcCloud 12-11-2012 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9198851)
I'm only scared that sometime in April I'm going to hear "With the first pick of the 2013 NFL draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Manti Te’o, linebacker, Notre Dame."

It'll never happen because he's not quick enough to warrant a top five draft position.

The Chiefs are dumb but they're not that dumb.

Saccopoo 12-11-2012 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9199009)
It'll never happen because he's not quick enough to warrant a top five draft position.

http://sinfl.files.wordpress.com/201...an-baldwin.jpg

http://www.insidethehuddle.tv/sites/...sonJackson.jpg

bricks 12-11-2012 12:33 AM

LMAO

Exactly. It's the Chiefs. Dumb is expected with these guys.

DaneMcCloud 12-11-2012 12:34 AM

I can only hope that Clark Hunt has learned from his mistakes

keg in kc 12-11-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9199009)

He's going in the top 5.

I agree with you, fwiw. He shouldn't. But he's going to anyway.

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-11-2012 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9197139)
Any of you guys worried this year marks the beginning of another seriously dry spell for Chiefs football? I can easily see them blowing for another decade based on this horrific tenure by Pioli. Am I just paranoid or is this a legitimate fear? I don't want to become a casual fan who watches 3 games a year.

Anybody have any reason for optimism in 2013 and 2014? I know high first round draft picks are reason for optimism but the bust rate for quarterbacks is higher than defensive linemen and we all know how we've fared selecting early defensive linemen.

If we can just find a QB somehow, right now, we have potential to have the next 5 years as contenders.

Deberg_1990 12-11-2012 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 9198300)
I'd day the dry spell started under Herm's 2nd year. Which maybe is good cause that means we are 5 years into our suckage.

Geno or not, I still say we are 3 years away from being legit, although with the amount of suckage sauce in the AFC West we could still easily compete for the division next year if CHunt makes the right moves.

29-64 since 2007!

Ive said over and over again, it doesnt have to be a rebuild and take 3 years. Teams can turn it around quickly if they put the right pieces in place. Mainly Head coach and QB.

Of course, i have very little faith in Clarks ability to find the right pieces......

Look how quickly the Niners and Colts turned it around.