ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Women: Lean In and Poop at the Office, Already (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272670)

siberian khatru 05-01-2013 07:32 AM

Women: Lean In and Poop at the Office, Already

Raiduhs

http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/04/lean...e-already.html

Lean In and Poop at the Office, Already
BY MAUREEN O'CONNOR

Public restrooms induce a certain low-level anxiety in users. There are etiquettes to observe; puddles to dodge; sounds to ignore; dilemmas surrounding flushing. But the anxieties of the public restroom need not induce shame, because they are also universal. We are all at the mercy of public restrooms — supermodels, world leaders, regular gals. Shared toilets are equalizers. Sit or squat, we do it in solidarity.

Nonetheless, the Daily Beast's Laura Dimon (daughter of Jamie) reports that "the last office taboo for women" is "doing your business at work." Really?

[W]omen report going to different floors, or walking roundabout routes from their desk to the bathroom. And some say they’ve experienced the “standoff,” when two or more women are in the bathroom, but all decline to do their business until the others leave — instead waiting awkwardly, in silence, writhing in emotional and physical discomfort, until someone surrenders.

These anxieties are not exclusive to females. In seminal guide "How to Poop at Work," Brian Moylan, a man, also describes the "unspoken shitting toilet" phenomenon. Still, women are widely believed to experience greater pooping anxiety than men. Dimon continues with the sad story of one such woman:

Jill, 28, a Vancouver native now working at an insurance company in New York City, said that if she absolutely can’t avoid the act entirely, she lifts her feet off the ground and props them up against the side of the stall to avoid the “chance that the person next to me would recognize my shoes and forever hold in their heads that I was the girl” defecating in the ladies’ room.

How is that even possible? Wouldn't the angle and leverage be all wrong? I'm picturing Jill pooping like a ping-pong show. Her effort is unnecessary: Nobody peeks under the edge of a stall to identify a pooping woman by her shoes. Nobody. (Several Cut staffers note actively avoiding identifying details in that context.) If anything, Jill's actions are counterproductive: If I had reason to believe a woman was pooping in a contorted pretzel position like Jill's, I would stick around to ask for yoga tips. But back to Dimon:

The office environment takes this anxiety and kicks it up a notch. “The workplace still remains men’s space. Women may be more hypervigilant of not breaking rules of gender by monitoring their femininity even more,” [sociologist Samantha] Kwan says. Harvard anthropologist Kimberly Theidon agrees. “Office space is already pre-determined as a masculine space and women enter it,” she says, adding that there is a “long history of women trying to manage their bodies in their workplace,” and a struggle to not be identified with or associated solely with their bodies.

This logic doesn't make a lot of sense, because the workplace that requires a woman to poop right in front of a man is pretty rare. (Ally McBeal's co-ed bathroom notwithstanding.) But since Dimon managed to find a few neurotic females terrified to the point of contortion at the prospect of pooping at work, let's make sure we make this really clear: It is okay to poop at work. Nobody is judging you. Nobody cares. Nobody gives a shit about your shits — we're too busy shitting in our own stalls.

Go poop in your office bathrooms, everyone. It's what our feminist foremothers would have wanted. Every woman deserves a poop of her own.

(more poop links at the original)

BlackHelicopters 05-01-2013 07:36 AM

Can I watch?

ChiefGator 05-01-2013 07:36 AM

I poop in the ladies restroom to try and help them become more comfortable with it.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-01-2013 07:37 AM

:facepalm: Get with the program ladies. Getting paid to defecate is a part of the compensation program. It's not about having to shit at work, it's about reworking your bowel cycle to make sure you excrement at the work place. Between the paid time, and the cost of sewage, it creates a great deal of added income to your bottom line.

KCUnited 05-01-2013 07:41 AM

The Closed For Maintenance sign outside the womens restroom every other day at my work is in direct conflict with this article. Coincidentally, my employer likes to counteract low morale with onsite food vendors.

WV 05-01-2013 07:42 AM

Wait? Women have to sit to pee anyway, how on earth do the other women know if she's dropping a deuce or just peeing. Unless she's tearing that shit up. And besides, if you've ever cleaned a women's public restroom, they sure aren't shy about leaving their personal hygiene products laying about every where. This article is stupid.

Rausch 05-01-2013 07:45 AM

'Eh, on a side note, I hate public $#itting.

After my 6th grade year there was an "incident" and they removed all the $#itter doors.

Really?

Pissing is one thing but, really, come on, I need my alone squat time...

notorious 05-01-2013 07:50 AM

Women are scared of pooping with someone else around.

Men are proud of spreading the stink.

Venus, Mars, something like that.

Dartgod 05-01-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9648171)
:facepalm: Get with the program ladies. Getting paid to defecate is a part of the compensation program. It's not about having to shit at work, it's about reworking your bowel cycle to make sure you excrement at the work place. Between the paid time, and the cost of sewage, it creates a great deal of added income to your bottom line.

I see what you did there.

Saul Good 05-01-2013 07:58 AM

I've heard rumors of women shitting before, but it can't be common enough that they need toilets at the office, can it? What kind of women are you hiring?

Dayze 05-01-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9648188)

After my 6th grade year there was an "incident" and they removed all the $#itter doors.

Really?

Hell, in boot camp, there were about 5 stalls. In front of those stalls was a wall that was about waist high. We would be told ‘ok, Port side, ‘Pump and Dump’” etc.
The port side of the barracks would single file line into the the head. The line would snake around the waist high walls and you’d line up in front of the toilet.
No doors.

So if you had to shit, there was a dude standing in front of you about 4’ away, until another stall opened up ahead of him in line, then he could move. …..then another dude would take his place.

I didn’t shit for about 4 or 5 days because of this. Got back from Chow one day and we were about to start doing something, and I got up and hauled ass to the head; had no choice, and didn’t care of the consquences of going without being told. Absolutely DESTROYED the toilet.

Rausch 05-01-2013 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9648217)
Hell, in boot camp, there were about 5 stalls.

I'm out.

Have I ever mentioned that I'm ONLY an interwebs badass?

Interwebs ONLY...

Prison Bitch 05-01-2013 08:04 AM

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/image.../poop-icon.gif

Demonpenz 05-01-2013 08:06 AM

People in their 20's still give a ****, by the time you are 30 you just want a good shit and who cares who sees you.

Phobia 05-01-2013 08:07 AM

I'm glad my wife doesn't poop. That's disgusting.

Frosty 05-01-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9648217)
Hell, in boot camp, there were about 5 stalls. In front of those stalls was a wall that was about waist high. We would be told ‘ok, Port side, ‘Pump and Dump’” etc.
The port side of the barracks would single file line into the the head. The line would snake around the waist high walls and you’d line up in front of the toilet.
No doors.

No doors on the stalls when I was in Basic either. I'd get up at 2 am to take a shit. LMAO

Dayze 05-01-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9648220)
I'm out.

Have I ever mentioned that I'm ONLY an interwebs badass?

Interwebs ONLY...

lol

after shitting in front of another dude 4' away, I no longer have any issues poopping away from home base.

....standing in front of another dude whilst he's dumping is another story.

mikey23545 05-01-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9648164)
Raiduhs

http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/04/lean...e-already.html
[W]omen report going to different floors, or walking roundabout routes from their desk to the bathroom. And some say they’ve experienced the “standoff,” when two or more women are in the bathroom, but all decline to do their business until the others leave — instead waiting awkwardly, in silence, writhing in emotional and physical discomfort, until someone surrenders.

These anxieties are not exclusive to females. In seminal guide "How to Poop at Work," Brian Moylan, a man, also describes the "unspoken shitting toilet" phenomenon. Still, women are widely believed to experience greater pooping anxiety than men. Dimon continues with the sad story of one such woman:

Jill, 28, a Vancouver native now working at an insurance company in New York City, said that if she absolutely can’t avoid the act entirely, she lifts her feet off the ground and props them up against the side of the stall to avoid the “chance that the person next to me would recognize my shoes and forever hold in their heads that I was the girl” defecating in the ladies’ room.

(more poop links at the original)

And we let these citizens vote... :bolt:

Dayze 05-01-2013 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frosty (Post 9648226)
No doors on the stalls when I was in Basic either. I'd get up at 2 am to take a shit. LMAO

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuup.
Me too when possible.

...won't evern go into the shower process lol.

It was Navy boot camp, so I'll tee that one up for you guys.

Rausch 05-01-2013 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 9648228)
lol

after shitting in front of another dude 4' away, I no longer have any issues poopping away from home base.

....standing in front of another dude whilst he's dumping is another story.

I'm ok with killing a man.

I don't think I could push one out in public though.

Nope.

I've consulted with myself and I'm sure of it.

I'm a no-go on the public grunt-n-push...

Phobia 05-01-2013 08:13 AM

I'll poop in front of anybody. Don't care. It's the wiping that gets to me. I can't do that in front of anybody.

luv 05-01-2013 08:17 AM

LMAO

There are five of us at work. Three male attorneys and two female support staff. One men's room and one ladies' room. Neither of us females are shy. Coffee works as a laxative of sorts on both of us, and we both drink it every morning. However, ours never smells like the men's do, and we have to walk past theirs to get to the break room. GAG!

Anyway, the story is complete BS.

luv 05-01-2013 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9648188)

Really?

They're just looking forward to walking in on you.

tooge 05-01-2013 08:20 AM

When I poop in public, I try to make as big a splash as possible. I'm talkin the sound of dumping a sack of potatoes into a toilet while yelling out "mother of all that is not holy!"
Usually gets a chuckle or two, especially if I'm in the women's restroom.

Molitoth 05-01-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9648225)
I'm glad my wife doesn't poop. That's disgusting.

LMAO

Rausch 05-01-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9648248)
They're just looking forward to walking in on you.

Guy, if you want to gaze at my pecker it's cool. It's not much to dwell on. My wife will swear on it.

Hell, most of my weigh-in's in grade school were nude just so I could cut weight.

But squat time, man, that's when you need to go.

There are two times I want no man around: dumping or shooting a load...

Dartgod 05-01-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9648247)
However, ours never smells like the men's do, and we have to walk past theirs to get to the break room. GAG!

Riiiiight.

:fart:

Dayze 05-01-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9648239)

Nope.

and there was no talking allowed.

....just awkward silence, sans the occasional 'plop' into the water, muffled grunts, and farts (with great accoustics).

Good Times.

Rausch 05-01-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9648240)
I'll poop in front of anybody. Don't care. It's the wiping that gets to me. I can't do that in front of anybody.

You are one sick, sick twisted ****...

ptlyon 05-01-2013 08:26 AM

"You've sunk my Battleshit!"

Beef Supreme 05-01-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Hell when I was in High School the locker room didn't even have stalls, much less doors. Just three shitters in the same room with the showers out in the open for all to see. You just had to get over it.

mikey23545 05-01-2013 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9648239)

Nope.

This.

I think I cause intestinal disorders in myself by holding in shits that simply must be set free, but I have to wait until I am in the cozy constraints of my own homey shitter.

Then, often, I can't coax the snarling beast from its lair by waiting so long to try and free it from its foul constraints.

Fish 05-01-2013 08:41 AM

The average person shits out 410lbs of feces every year.

ptlyon 05-01-2013 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9648277)

No shit?

Steron 05-01-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9648249)
When I poop in public, I try to make as big a splash as possible. I'm talkin the sound of dumping a sack of potatoes into a toilet while yelling out "mother of all that is not holy!"

:LOL:

Fritz88 05-01-2013 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefGator (Post 9648170)
I poop in the ladies restroom to try and help them become more comfortable with it.

ROFL
Posted via Mobile Device

HemiEd 05-01-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9648277)

Holy shit that is over a pound a day.

Fairplay 05-01-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by siberian khatru (Post 9648164)

http://i.imgur.com/3TxnggM.gif

Fish 05-01-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9648301)
Holy shit that is over a pound a day.

Actually, I was a little off. It's more like 360lbs per year...

Quote:

According to the book The Truth About Poop, people produce one ounce of poop for each 12 pounds of their body weight.

Read more at Men's Health: http://blogs.menshealth.com/health-h...#ixzz2S3MrMBsz

notorious 05-01-2013 09:03 AM

Some people are more full of shit than others.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-01-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 9648211)
I see what you did there.

:thumb:

Mr. Flopnuts 05-01-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9648249)

****, that's nice, but I go for the assplosion. I want it to sound like Hiroshima up in that mutha****a.

listopencil 05-01-2013 09:14 AM

I look forward to weighing myself before and after a poop. If it happens to be a big poop I can estimate the weight. That's how I keep score.

BlackHelicopters 05-01-2013 09:15 AM

Haven't taken a dump at work in 15 months.

listopencil 05-01-2013 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusiveeightrop (Post 9648338)
Haven't taken a dump at work in 15 months.

The elusive deuce drop?

BlackHelicopters 05-01-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9648344)
The elusive deuce drop?

Elusive for a reason. I gots to have a sanctuary.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-01-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9648344)
The elusive deuce drop?

:clap: Absolutely!

luv 05-01-2013 09:25 AM

It is kind or weird though. I do tend to use the restroom on a schedule. Getting up in the morning, once after a cup or two of coffee in the morning, once at lunch, after work, and before bed. I'm not pooping every time, but I could almost tell you what time it is on a non-workday without a clock by whenever I have to go to the bathroom.

Fairplay 05-01-2013 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9648364)
It is kind or weird though. I do tend to use the restroom on a schedule. Getting up in the morning, once after a cup or two of coffee in the morning, once at lunch, after work, and before bed. I'm not pooping every time, but I could almost tell you what time it is on a non-workday without a clock by whenever I have to go to the bathroom.

I call that time of day poop-a-clock time.

BlackHelicopters 05-01-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9648363)

Thanks!?!

Mr. Flopnuts 05-01-2013 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusivedeucedrop (Post 9648368)
Thanks!?!

You're not officially christened into Chiefsplanet until you've been abused by a mod. Congratulations!

HemiEd 05-01-2013 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9648308)

For me, that formula would work out to 446 lbs. per year, almost a 1/4 ton!

BlackHelicopters 05-01-2013 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9648371)
You're not officially christened into Chiefsplanet until you've been abused by a mod. Congratulations!

Humbled and honored. Do I send a thank you note or what?

listopencil 05-01-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9648363)

:thumb:

Fish 05-01-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HemiEd (Post 9648375)
For me, that formula would work out to 446 lbs. per year, almost a 1/4 ton!

Congratulations?

Saul Good 05-01-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 9648308)

Basically, that comes to about double your body weight every year (slightly less).

BlackHelicopters 05-01-2013 09:40 AM

New mission: poop weighing

Iowanian 05-01-2013 09:42 AM

This reminds me of a story my friend who was/is a custodian. When he told it, he was pretty traumatized from the previous night's events.

He was cleaning the ladies room toilets and was in a stall doing what he did when the door was thrown open and a burly lady attorney barreled into the room, kicked open the door and was blowing mud....violently....as she sat.

She acknowledged him being there during the act.

Also.....this article is false. Talk to any custodian or any bar tender and the'll tell you that women destroy the work shitter all of the time and are filthier pigs than men in the rest room.

Amnorix 05-01-2013 09:54 AM

Well, the story is true for some women at least, though. My wife for one. She absolutely does NOT use public restrooms to the extent possible, and for pooping -- forget it.

Chiefs Pantalones 05-01-2013 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv (Post 9648364)

Most disgusting post of the year goes to luv.

Beef Supreme 05-01-2013 10:01 AM

When I was about 13 years old I went on a hiking trip to Philmont Scout Ranch. After 10 days of hiking in the mountains we returned to the base camp. I walked into a stall to do my business and there was a turd sitting in the bowl that was as big as my forearm from elbow to wrist. I was an athletic 155 lbs at the time, not some scrawny kid. This thing would not flush, and I was actually compelled to go bring others in to take a look at it.

Not exactly on topic, but I just had to share.

Iowanian 05-01-2013 10:05 AM

I once wrote an ode to lady dumps

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 3136085)
She placed some calls to Guiness
To see what the feat was worth..
While she hadn't measured the cable yet
She assumed it had a record Girth.

A lady doesn't crap and tell
but sometimes she just must
She birthed a brown so big around,
she thought her pelvis would bust.

She has an horseman there to verify,
the cable when it lands
He tipped his hat and said
"by gawd, I think your brown is 19 hands".

Ripley sent the cameras
Guiness sent the measure tape,
Her landlord brought a shovel
For the skidmarks left to scrape.

She feels her face a flushing
as every one who takes a peek...
laughs at her new fortune
that with Ripleys now she seeks

So get a ticket to stand in line
To get yourself a look...
Or look for the record cable
In this years' Guiness book.

ChiefaRoo 05-01-2013 10:08 AM

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:368px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><iframe src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/embed/mgid:arc:video:southparkstudios.com:f112efaa-ed00-11e0-aca6-0026b9414f30" width="360" height="293" frameborder="0"></iframe></div></div>

Dayze 05-01-2013 10:10 AM

There Once was a Woman from Nantucket,
and she shit like a horse.

I'm not very good at poems or limericks.

Mr. Flopnuts 05-01-2013 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusivedeucedrop (Post 9648379)
Humbled and honored. Do I send a thank you note or what?

Just break the cycle and drop that deuce. At work.

Iowanian 05-01-2013 10:12 AM

Let me try to help

There once was a woman from nantucket
and she shit like a horse
with no effort she filled up a bucket
stunk out the office without remorse

ChiefGator 05-01-2013 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian (Post 9648463)
Let me try to help

There once was a woman from nantucket
and she shit like a horse
with no effort she filled up a bucket
stunk out the office without remorse

You are a modern day Longsworth...

bevischief 05-01-2013 10:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)

bevischief 05-01-2013 10:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)

tooge 05-01-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9648429)

Yeah, thanks a lot Luv. Here I am, 46 years old, married, and a father of two, and I now find out that women poop? It's like finding out about Santa all over again.

luv 05-01-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9648429)

Oh please. I've seen you guys talk about the same stuff.

luv 05-01-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 9648613)
Yeah, thanks a lot Luv. Here I am, 46 years old, married, and a father of two, and I now find out that women poop? It's like finding out about Santa all over again.

LMAO

frankotank 05-01-2013 01:46 PM

"Still, women are widely believed to experience greater pooping anxiety than men." ROFLROFLROFL

DUH! men don't give a shit! (pun intended)
if ya gotta poop...ya gotta poop.
my office has the mens and womens restrooms directly next to cubicles! I mean, like, there's a cubicle with an employee working in it about 8 feet from the door of each restroom. now me personally....if I'm in a stall and someones leaving, I'll wait until the door closes to engage in audible dookage. but some dudes...I swear they must wait for that door to open and PLLLLLLLLLL (is that how you spell a fart/poop noise?) I mean sometimes it's so damn bad. and you KNOW those people sitting right outside the door gotta be like.....DAAAAAYYYUMMM! ROFL

WV 05-01-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 9648240)

Precisely!

listopencil 05-01-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theelusivedeucedrop (Post 9648396)
New mission: poop weighing

I got 1.3 pounds this morning. I just bought a new digital scale.

Baby Lee 05-01-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9649196)

And your first thought was to poop on it? ;) ROFL ROFL

Frazod 05-01-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Ahh, memories. LMAO

BlackHelicopters 05-01-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts (Post 9648462)
Just break the cycle and drop that deuce. At work.

Will keep you posted.

Dayze 05-01-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 9649196)

pffff. don't waste money on a scale.
I 'm pretty damn accurate in measuring weight in my hand when making hamburget patties.

I'm going that route, and spend the money on save on Natural Light.

Fish 05-01-2013 03:04 PM

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/1298/haikun.jpg
http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/2916/haikun2.jpg

http://www.yankodesign.com/2009/01/0...-skinny-after/