ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football How good would the Chiefs be with this BrokeDick @ QB? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265625)

Pasta Little Brioni 11-24-2012 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9146129)
So an above average Kyle Orton? Suuuhhhhweeeeeeeeeeetttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, been telling him that since they acquired him. Kings of the meaningless yards.

lewdog 11-24-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9146138)
Yup, been telling him that since they acquired him. Kings of the meaningless yards.

But Carson has been so productive!

Pasta Little Brioni 11-24-2012 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 9146184)
But Carson has been so productive!

Reighters is a true fan. He loves these 7-8 win seasons.

Hootie 11-24-2012 01:40 PM

I've been the biggest Carson Palmer basher on this entire site, and I'll admit, I haven't watched a whole lot of Raiders games outside of it being forced down my throat during one RedZone when there were only two games being played in the afternoon...

Here are the facts:

1) Carson Palmer still throws a pretty ball...always has, always will.
2) Carson Palmer still struggles with accuracy.
3) Carson Palmer is still a statue in the pocket.
4) Carson Palmer has picked up a TON OF HIS STATS in total garbage time.

He's still a borderline NFL starter (which yes, makes him much better than Matt Cassel) who is still never going to win his team anything important.

So while he may not be as bad as I have always considered him, he still isn't great, and I'm most certainly not jealous of him being on the Raiders.

Pasta Little Brioni 11-24-2012 01:41 PM

Good take Hootie

Hootie 11-24-2012 01:41 PM

I am jealous of Peyton Manning.

I am not jealous of Philip Rivers anymore...something happened to him (Norv) and the way he throws the ball makes me want to vomit.

If we get Geno I'll take our QB situation over the Raiders and Chargers based off of potential alone. Geno potentially gives us a franchise QB. The Raiders and Chargers have two average guys who don't have Super Bowl potential.

Hootie 11-24-2012 01:43 PM

now if we're talking fantasy...sign me up. I'll take a guy on the team that can't run, has to throw, and is always playing from behind.

I think a lot of people have confused Palmer's fantasy stats this year with him suddenly turning back the clock and being that QB he was for two years before his injury.

Simply not true. Carson Palmer is Drew Bledsoe.

Hootie 11-24-2012 01:48 PM

Since I'm bored at work here are my 2012 1 year only QB rankings:

1. Peyton Manning
1b. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Eli Manning
4. Drew Brees
5. Andrew Luck
6. RGIII
7. Matt Ryan
8. Ben Roethlisberger
9. Andy Dalton
10. Jay Cutler

Honorable Mentions: Matt Stafford, Matt Schaub, Josh Freeman

Everyone else: Not having a year where I think they could lead a team to a playoff win.

Player who is dying to me: Tony Romo (even though I think he's in a terrible situation, with a terrible coach, a terrible line, and a terrible over involved owner)...he just makes too many mistakes (I can admit when I am wrong, even though I still think he has elite potential but he just may never reach it)

Hootie 11-24-2012 01:50 PM

the Matt Ryan-Jay Cutler is its own tier...probably not elite like Manning-Brees, but can definitely win Super Bowls with complete team play...

The Luck-RGIII enigma tier is the next big thing, so I had to rate them above the Ryan-Cutler tier.

the Stafford tier needs two good bounces to win a Super Bowl I believe, so no way can I pick the Texans to represent the AFC when 1a and 1b stand in his way (unless they get two bounces)...

Stafford holds the ball too long, and even though he's accurate, he has terrible footwork.

Freeman is having himself quite a year...I tell you what, they sneak into the playoffs and I think they may win a game in the postseason. That's a lot of credit to Schiano.

Hootie 11-24-2012 01:51 PM

dream scenario for me (a true QB fan)...

Pats/Broncos AFC Championship
Packers/Giants NFC Championship

and then of course I'd love to see the Mannings square up in the Super Bowl...and since I could never cheer for Denver...here's to Eli getting ring #3 =)

Hootie 11-24-2012 01:52 PM

on a hail mary in the end zone ruled a simultaneous catch when Cruz and Bailey come down with 50% of the ball each!

Sweet Daddy Hate 11-24-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9146116)
Carson Palmer has thrown for over 5,000-yards in his last 16 games.

Over his past 16 games with the Raiders, Palmer has been more productive than at any other point in his career. He’s completed over 60% of his passes, for 5,041 yards and 25 TD’s. That’s right…Palmer is a 5,000 yard passer over the past 16 games.

Ain't it a damn shame we have 0 defense

Oh we can't score in the RZ either

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dont-bl...0320--nfl.html

Yeah, we're feeling your pain. Hope things get better for ya'...

Pasta Little Brioni 11-24-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9146210)

and then of course I'd love to see the Mannings square up in the Super Bowl...and since I could never cheer for Denver...here's to Eli getting ring #3 =)

Hootie, I want no part of Denver in the Super Bowl. I know it won't happen, but still.

BigMeatballDave 11-24-2012 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9146210)

**** DENVER IN THEIR ASSES

BigMeatballDave 11-24-2012 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt Tasty Cheeks (Post 9146193)
I am jealous of Peyton Manning.

I'm rooting for the Chiefs to break him this week.