ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Flanagan:McCluster could be Andy Reid’s secret weapon (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271813)

'Hamas' Jenkins 04-06-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EagleRob (Post 9561426)
Exactly what do you think Reid's offense is? McCluster could be the key feature on HB screens, slants from the slot, and draws from a 4 WR set.

Or that could be a HB w/ better hands, speed, agility, and strength: Jamaal Charles.

milkman 04-06-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9561471)
There are a million and a half clips where he outruns defenders on a home run run, between college and the pros. The idea that he is slow is laughable and something haters want to use in their crusade against the guy.

There's a lot of stuff I don't like about McCluster and that could seriously limit how good he ever becomes. Speed and ability to make people miss aren't on that list. Has he used those things as well as he should? Absolutely not.

I watched a shit load of You Tube stuff when McCluster was in wide open spaces with no one near enough to catch him, and he wasn't making anyone miss.

He got lost by defenders because of his stature.

He did nothing special.

And that has played out against the superior talent that he's faced in the NFL.

SAUTO 04-06-2013 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9561529)
He has no value. Guys who 1. Don't make plays and 2. Turn the ball over at an absurd rate are worthless.

He's also suffered horrible injuries two of his three seasons in the league. If you think that's going to get better as he gets older, roll another blunt.

I don't like the guy but how many turn overs did he actually have?

And I'm not talking about in your mind.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9561617)
I don't like the guy but how many turn overs did he actually have?

He caused 7 turnovers.

There is absolutely zero question.

If you actually go back and rewatch the games you'd know this.

PFF credited him with 7 turnovers, too.

SAUTO 04-06-2013 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9561620)
He caused 7 turnovers.

There is absolutely zero question.

If you actually go back and rewatch the games you'd know this.

PFF credited him with 7 turnovers, too.

lol. Did you count the balls that went off bowe's hands and were ints as caused by Bowe as well?

I could give a **** less about pff too.

Now how many turnovers did he actually have?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9561635)
lol. Did you count the balls that went off bowe's hands and were ints as caused by Bowe as well?

Bowe is the 2nd chocolatiest penis on our team, so why is that relevant.

When a perfectly thrown ball hits McCluster in the hands and it turns into an INT, that's on him.

Now climb a burning AIDS tree.

SAUTO 04-06-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9561661)
Bowe is the 2nd chocolatiest penis on our team, so why is that relevant.

When a perfectly thrown ball hits McCluster in the hands and it turns into an INT, that's on him.

Now climb a burning AIDS tree.

it's relevant because if a ball goes off Mccluster's hands is int and that's on him it should be counted against Bowe in the same situation. Which you do not.

Hypocritical. Imo
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9561675)
it's relevant because if a ball goes off Mccluster's hands is int and that's on him it should be counted against Bowe in the same situation. Which you do not.

Hypocritical. Imo
Posted via Mobile Device

Shame on Dwayne Bowe for the interceptions he causes.

Good thing he also, you know, makes plays.

You suck at debate.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-06-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9561454)
I'd rather a guy like with some speed, some actual ability to make people miss, to read blocks, and to break a tackle every now and then, get those touches.

Sure wish we had someone like that on the roster.

Don't worry . we'll have Manziel soon.

Bowser 04-06-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 9561683)
Don't worry . we'll have Manziel soon.

http://www.jerseyisnaked.com/wp-cont...gusted-gif.gif

Mother****erJones 04-06-2013 02:48 PM

McCluster is his secret weapon? :facepalm: FML

chiefzilla1501 04-06-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9561593)
I watched a shit load of You Tube stuff when McCluster was in wide open spaces with no one near enough to catch him, and he wasn't making anyone miss.

He got lost by defenders because of his stature.

He did nothing special.

And that has played out against the superior talent that he's faced in the NFL.

The idea that he was a playmaker and got as many yards as he did in the SEC because of purely unbelievably blocking and wide open space with no defender within a mile of him is disingenuous.

He was a highlight reel. On most highlights, he outruns a defender by a mile where many typical players get caught (it's what happens when one guy is holding a ball and looking for lanes/blocks, while the guy trailing can pure sprint). In many highlights, you see a very quick, sudden change of direction and that's backed by his outstanding 3-cone time at the combine.

I agree he hasn't been able to make it work on the NFL level yet. But there's a difference between saying it hasn't worked and that the talent never existed in the first place.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-06-2013 02:53 PM

Remember what Dick Vermiel did for Dante Hall.

Reid will do that for McCluster.

Hammock Parties 04-06-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 9561714)
The idea that he was a playmaker and got as many yards as he did in the SEC because of purely unbelievably blocking and wide open space with no defender within a mile of him is disingenuous.

He was a highlight reel. On most highlights, he outruns a defender by a mile where many typical players get caught (it's what happens when one guy is holding a ball and looking for lanes/blocks, while the guy trailing can pure sprint). In many highlights, you see a very quick, sudden change of direction and that's backed by his outstanding 3-cone time at the combine.

I agree he hasn't been able to make it work on the NFL level yet. But there's a difference between saying it hasn't worked and that the talent never existed in the first place.

Doesn't matter. He's had plenty of chances. Making excuses based on QB play or whatever is just assholery. Good players at least show flashes in bad situations. McCluster just sucks (good game against Atlanta though, jerk to that).

chiefzilla1501 04-06-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9561529)
He has no value. Guys who 1. Don't make plays and 2. Turn the ball over at an absurd rate are worthless.

He's also suffered horrible injuries two of his three seasons in the league. If you think that's going to get better as he gets older, roll another blunt.

He has to learn how to take care of the ball, become a better route runner, develop better receiving instincts, and show better hands. I will agree with you on all these fronts.

I don't agree with anyone who says because we have Charles, McCluster has no value. Charles is a pure screen receiver. McCluster is a guy who can comfortably play both RB and WR. That's especially important in a spread offense and on third downs, and could be very effective in the no huddle. In a pure spread, you have 4-5 WRs. With McCluster, one of those guys can comfortably flex into a RB position. Furthermore, when Weis used him, he was constantly motioning him around in the backfield to give off the illusion that we could be running the ball in a different direction. When a defense starts spying out a potential toss left to McCluster, and they end up handing off to Charles right, that is enough to keep the defense on their toes.

But to succeed... look I don't disagree that he has to get a LOT better. I think it's nonsense when people say the talent is not there. It's there, it's just not very well used, both because he often doesn't have space and when he does, he either isn't confidently running at full speed or doesn't yet know how to use his vision or moves to make people miss. Or when they say Charles does his job, but better. Of course Charles is and always will be a lot better, but when McCluster operated in Weis' offense, there was good reason for both to be on the field.