ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The Chiefs are taking Geno #1; bank on it (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=270750)

BossChief 03-05-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9469292)
None of those teams spent the #1 overall pick on those guys, nor would they.

Geno Smith has too many questions around him, making his value much lower than #1 overall.

So did all of those guys...that's kinda my point. Geno is a better prospect than any of them were...as indicated by where they were drafted and where Geno is projected to go.

It's why "value" when talking about quarterbacks is total bullshit.

Reid had McNabb, Kolb AND Vick.

You can't tell me that getting Geno and Alex Smith is much different than that combined investment.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-05-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9467562)
The Browns and Eagles are dying for a young strong offensive line. Both would entertain thoughts of trading up for Joeckel, still leaving us Smith and some compensatory picks later in the draft.

Does that solidify the argument?

lololololololol trading UP for a lineman????? Yeah, you just "solidified" something alright....your and idiot. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Chief Roundup 03-05-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9468047)
You are dumb as ****.

Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers meant the Packers didn't have a a good one?

Aaron Rodgers was not the first overall pick in the draft. Nor did they give the 2cd round up in the SAME draft for Brett Favre.

BossChief 03-05-2013 10:28 PM

There would be people cheering the result if we traded Albert for a first rounder and took Joeckel and Warmack with our two first rounders.

Chief Roundup 03-05-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9468093)
Uhhhh no. He simply stated that have 2 starting QBs on your roster means that you don't have a good one. He didn't clarify age or anything of that nature.

Well gee didn't know that you couldn't put 2 and 2 together to keep up with the conversation. Dumbass
You knew what I was saying. You just didn't want to hear that so you twisted it to suit yourself. Dumbass

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469331)
So did all of those guys...that's kinda my point. Geno is a better prospect than any of them were...as indicated by where they were drafted and where Geno is projected to go.

It's why "value" when talking about quarterbacks is total bullshit.

Reid had McNabb, Kolb AND Vick.

You can't tell me that getting Geno and Alex Smith is much different than that combined investment.

No.

No, no, no, no, no.

Do you REALLY believe that Ted Thompson would have taken Aaron Rodgers #1 overall?

Have you been paying any attention?

Fat Elvis 03-05-2013 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy (Post 9468985)
Taking a QB in the first wound completely undermind Alex as the leader. They wont do it. Trade 34 for a QB and use our number one on a QB is not going to happen. His deal will probably get some type of extension and we will have live with it. Andy is in full win now mode not hold down the fort while this kid practices mode.

If your leader can't stand up to competition on the team, how can he stand up to competition across the ball?

I agree that Andy is in full "win-now" mode. That is the premise behind the whole OP.

After the top three or four QBs in this draft, you are looking at Stanzi like ability. Do you really think Reid would the fate of the franchise in the hands of a Dick Stanzi should ASmith get hurt?

Hate to break it to you, but Scooter Peehole is out of here.

There is a real Coach and GM running the show now.

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469364)
There would be people cheering the result if we traded Albert for a first rounder and took Joeckel and Warmack with our two first rounders.

**** yeah I'd be cheering if Albert were traded for a first round pick!

Are you insane?

Mav 03-05-2013 10:32 PM

what stuns me, is that there are people here it seems that would take Geno Smith first, if he was in last years draft. He is being considered for the first pick in the draft, because there are no qbs in free agency, and the draft is littered with question marks. Im not sure if Geno Smith goes in the top 15 picks of the draft if he was in last years draft.....

Chief Roundup 03-05-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brainiac (Post 9468106)
That would be as stupid as having Alex Smith and Colin Kaepernick on the same team.

Or Matt Flynn and Russell Wilson.

Or RG3 and Kirk Cousins.

What a stupid plan that would be. Jim Harbaugh, Pete Carroll and Mike Shanahan are all idiots.

How long was Kaepernick and Smith on the same team again. The 49ers didn't want Alex Smith and Kaepernick the QBOTF, why should we? You don't invest a 2cd and 9 million for 1 QB and then invest the 1st overall in the SAME draft on the same position.
Neither Flynn or Wilson cost 9 million nor did they cost a 1st and a 2cd in the same draft.

Strongside 03-05-2013 10:34 PM

Dude...tannehill?

BossChief 03-05-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9469374)
No.

No, no, no, no, no.

Do you REALLY believe that Ted Thompson would have taken Aaron Rodgers #1 overall?

Have you been paying any attention?

If we re-draft 2005, Rodgers goes first overall.

NO QUESTION.

If we re-draft 2011, does Kaepernick go first overall?

What are the top three picks of 2012, if we re-draft it today?

BossChief 03-05-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9469383)
**** yeah I'd be cheering if Albert were traded for a first round pick!

Are you insane?

JFC DANE, FOLLOW ALONG.

If we lose Albert and come out of the first round with Joeckel and Warmack, we essentially used the first overall pick on a guard.

O.city 03-05-2013 10:37 PM

If they could trade Albert for that second round pick and maybe an additional third, fine. Take Joeckel or Fisher and take a developmental QB in the 2nd.

I don't think they'll do that, seems they think they can win now. I don't know how excited they would be about trotting a rookie LT out there if that were the case.

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9469390)
How long was Kaepernick and Smith on the same team again. The 49ers didn't want Alex Smith and Kaepernick the QBOTF, why should we? You don't invest a 2cd and 9 million for 1 QB and then invest the 1st overall in the SAME draft on the same position.

First off Hillbilly, it's "How long were".

Secondly, Harbaugh was hired during the lockout. He had no time with Smith, no minicamps, no personal time, nothing. They drafted Kap in the second round, not the first, and he was a developmental project.

Furthermore, Kap is a dual-threat QB that can throw a 50 TD or run at TD from the 50 yard line, something he did more than once. Since he showed he was ready to become the starter after Smith went out with a concussion, who in their right mind would yank Kap for Smith, other than Marty Schottenheimer?

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-05-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469364)

And I would be cheering from the grassy knoll through a sniper rifle.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 03-05-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9469386)
what stuns me, is that there are people here it seems that would take Geno Smith first, if he was in last years draft. He is being considered for the first pick in the draft, because there are no qbs in free agency, and the draft is littered with question marks. Im not sure if Geno Smith goes in the top 15 picks of the draft if he was in last years draft.....

That's just flat out silly.

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469401)
JFC DANE, FOLLOW ALONG.

If we lose Albert and come out of the first round with Joeckel and Warmack, we essentially used the first overall pick on a guard.

I don't need to follow anything, Dumb****.

There's no way that Reid and Dorsey would trade Albert for a first, then draft Yokel and Warmack.

You continue to create these scenarios that will NEVER happen, yet expect people not to call you out.

WTF?

How about this: The Chiefs trade Alex Smith, Brandon Albert and every draft choice for Joe Flacco? Sound like a good idea?

LMAO

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9469407)
And I would be cheering from the grassy knoll through a sniper rifle.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nah, you'd shoot yourself in the cock and bleed out

BossChief 03-05-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9469412)
I don't need to follow anything, Dumb****.

There's no way that Reid and Dorsey would trade Albert for a first, then draft Yokel and Warmack.

You continue to create these scenarios that will NEVER happen, yet expect people not to call you out.

WTF?

How about this: The Chiefs trade Alex Smith, Brandon Albert and every draft choice for Joe Flacco? Sound like a good idea?

LMAO

You are being flat out ridiculous.

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469430)
You are being flat out ridiculous.

No more ridiculous than you, Dude

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-05-2013 10:49 PM

**** it; trade everyone of value and draft an entire new line! God DAMN that's some Chiefs "thinking" right there. True Fans are a goddamned abboration of God, Nature, and Science, all rolled in to a big ball of goose shit.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 03-05-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9469433)
No more ridiculous than you, Dude

I'd rather have Pennington than a clone of Will Shields or Joe Thomas.

Do you agree?

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469467)
I'd rather have Pennington than a clone of Will Shields or Joe Thomas.

Do you agree?

No, I do not agree.

With Joe Thomas and Will Shields, there's always hope that a real Franchise QB will be acquired. The protection will be solid.

With Chad Pennington, a franchise could spend the better part of a decade watching elite and near elite players come and go, as Pennington continues to offer false hope to the front office, ownership and most importantly, fans.

Chief Roundup 03-05-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9469405)
First off Hillbilly, it's "How long were".

Secondly, Harbaugh was hired during the lockout. He had no time with Smith, no minicamps, no personal time, nothing. They drafted Kap in the second round, not the first, and he was a developmental project.

Furthermore, Kap is a dual-threat QB that can throw a 50 TD or run at TD from the 50 yard line, something he did more than once. Since he showed he was ready to become the starter after Smith went out with a concussion, who in their right mind would yank Kap for Smith, other than Marty Schottenheimer?

Oh boy the grammar police. **** off dickbag. Still either way thanks for helping prove my point they didn't get both of those players in the same draft/offseason.

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9469478)
Oh boy the grammar police. **** off dickbag. Still either way thanks for helping prove my point they didn't get both of those players in the same draft/offseason.

Shaddup

BossChief 03-05-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9469476)
No, I do not agree.

With Joe Thomas and Will Shields, there's always hope that a real Franchise QB will be acquired. The protection will be solid.

With Chad Pennington, a franchise could spend the better part of a decade watching elite and near elite players come and go, as Pennington continues to offer false hope to the front office, ownership and most importantly, fans.

So, you'd be fine taking Warmack. Good to know.

O.city 03-05-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9469476)
No, I do not agree.

Sure.

Lets hope we don't make that mistake with Alex Smith.

Mav 03-05-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469395)
If we re-draft 2005, Rodgers goes first overall.

NO QUESTION.

If we re-draft 2011, does Kaepernick go first overall?

What are the top three picks of 2012, if we re-draft it today?

luck,
rg3,
russell wilson to cleveland. no question

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469486)
So, you'd be fine taking Warmack. Good to know.

Yeah, because that's exactly what I said.

Can you come up with anymore crazy scenarios for me to approve or disapprove?

Maybe the Chiefs take Lennay Kukua at #1 and Manti Te'o in the third?

BossChief 03-05-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9469510)
Yeah, because that's exactly what I said.

Can you come up with anymore crazy scenarios for me to approve or disapprove?

Maybe the Chiefs take Lennay Kukua at #1 and Manti Te'o in the third?

You'd rather have Will Shields over Chad Pennington, right?

I completely disagree.

If all the players in this class aren't worth the top pick, you pick the best quarterback you can and utilize your quarterback developing talents to the best of their abilities.

Pennington would be the best quarterback we've had in some time.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469527)

I completely disagree.

If all the players in this class aren't worth the top pick, you pick the best quarterback you can and utilize your quarterback developing talents to the best of their abilities.

Are you asking if someone would take a HOF'er over a QB who never even broke a 77 rating?

Are you being serious when you ask?

DaneMcCloud 03-05-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

I completely disagree.

Abso****inglutely.

We know what each player became: One, a Hall of Famer. The other, an often injured QB that never won shit for two teams.

I can't believe that you'd rather be teased for the better part of a decade than have a spectacular player in place for more than a decade.

Your train of thought is absolutely baffling.

O.city 03-05-2013 11:19 PM

I'll take the HOF guard and keep looking for a QB.

Christ man, I get how the franchise is/has been with QB's. They'd get a guy and stop looking. These guys aren't going to settle with Alex Smith if he doesn't prove something first.

RealSNR 03-05-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Smith Fan (Post 9469386)
what stuns me, is that there are people here it seems that would take Geno Smith first, if he was in last years draft

I hope Kaepernick breaks his neck and Scott Tolzein pulls a "just good enough" act long enough to prevent the 49ers from drafting an elite QB ever again.

Also, I hope you die of AIDS.

RealSNR 03-05-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9469545)

Christ man, I get how the franchise is/has been with QB's. They'd get a guy and stop looking. These guys aren't going to settle with Alex Smith if he doesn't prove something first.

Our last HOF guard never won a playoff game in his career.

Keep looking for the QB, even if the options are expensive and negligible. If/when you find one, your team will actually win meaningful games.

The HOF guard won't get you shit.

O.city 03-05-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9469561)

Keep looking for the QB, even if the options are expensive and negligible. If/when you find one, your team will actually win meaningful games.

This is somewhat of a weak argument, in taht just because we had a HOF guard and didn't win a playoff game, we shouldn't take and/or try to get another one.

You can have both.

RealSNR 03-05-2013 11:30 PM

HOF LT + HOF guard = at least one playoff win, right?

I hope Goodell bans the offensive line from football. Give QBs 3 seconds after the snap then let pass rushers go after him. At least Chiefs fans would then be forced to stop being so ****ing reeruned about the goddamn offensive line.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-05-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9469545)

How the **** are going to "win now" with Alex ****-o Smith, attaining that HIGHLY coveted 7-9 CHIEF FAN wet dream, and be in a position to take the premium QB pick when he rolls round the bend as Kiper and Company are sucking his magnificent dick??? Do you see KC going Full-Redskins??? THIS franchise????? Lololololololno.
Posted via Mobile Device

RealSNR 03-05-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9469568)
This is somewhat of a weak argument, in taht just because we had a HOF guard and didn't win a playoff game, we shouldn't take and/or try to get another one.

You can have both.

You can have both, sure.

IF THE HOF GUARD HAS A QB.

Ming the Merciless 03-05-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Logic BOMB

BossChief 03-05-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9469537)
Are you asking if someone would take a HOF'er over a QB who never even broke a 77 rating?

Are you being serious when you ask?

You are misinformed. Pennington had a career QB rating of over 90.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9469541)
Abso****inglutely.

We know what each player became: One, a Hall of Famer. The other, an often injured QB that never won shit for two teams.

I can't believe that you'd rather be teased for the better part of a decade than have a spectacular player in place for more than a decade.

Your train of thought is absolutely baffling.

I'm not talking about Pennington with the injuries...injuries are a gamble. I'm talking player versus player.

FFS we have seen a team with an offensive line with three hall of farmers on it miss the playoffs.

When will this team and its fans learn?

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-05-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9469570)
HOF LT + HOF guard = at least one playoff win, right?

I hope Goodell bans the offensive line from football. Give QBs 3 seconds after the snap then let pass rushers go after him. At least Chiefs fans would then be forced to stop being so ****ing reeruned about the goddamn offensive line.

lol oh god....that just moves the focus to LB's. It's a no-win any way you slice it with these fools.
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 03-05-2013 11:34 PM

Dane...

Would you draft Chance Warmack over Matt Barkley?

I need a laugh...just go all the way and say it.

No more beating around the bush.

BossChief 03-05-2013 11:37 PM

Look at the win loss record of the teams that have drafted offensive linemen in the top 5 over the last 10 years or so.

O.city 03-05-2013 11:38 PM

JFC dude, they aren't taking a G at 1. Move on.

'Hamas' Jenkins 03-05-2013 11:39 PM

Pennington actually won playoff games. He was a better version of Alex Smith.

KCWolfman 03-05-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469575)

I'm not talking about Pennington with the injuries...injuries are a gamble. I'm talking player versus player.

FFS we have seen a team with an offensive line with three hall of farmers on it miss the playoffs.

When will this team and its fans learn?

Sorry, I meant 90. And you are correct, he did have one season over 100 (I don't count a single game as a season, of course). But I still think it is ridiculous to take Pennington over Shields.

Trent Dilfer won it all with a 76.6 rating. I wouldn't take him over Shields either.

RunKC 03-05-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Your Chiefs history is rusty. Will Shields won 2 playoff games.

BossChief 03-05-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 9469585)
Pennington actually won playoff games. He was a better version of Alex Smith.

Pennington won two playoff games WITH HERM EDWARDS AS HIS HEAD COACH.

If he didnt have all the shoulder trouble, who knows where his career goes.

That guy was a gamer.

RunKC 03-05-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

I completely disagree.

Pennington would be the best quarterback we've had in some time.

:facepalm:

RealSNR 03-05-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9469592)
Your Chiefs history is rusty. Will Shields won 2 playoff games.

Thought he was drafted in 1994 for some reason.

My point still stands. Don't ****ing waste time or effort trying to find a HOF guard. If you're thinking about spending the resources on a great guard prospect or drafting an average QB prospect, take the QB. Every ****ing time.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-05-2013 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469577)
Dane...

lol
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-05-2013 11:53 PM

"Trust the process"
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 03-05-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9469605)
Thought he was drafted in 1994 for some reason.

My point still stands. Don't ****ing waste time or effort trying to find a HOF guard. If you're thinking about spending the resources on a great guard prospect or drafting an average QB prospect, take the QB. Every ****ing time.

I don't see what's so hard to understand with this.

You put Pennington on this team and we win 6-8 more games...you put Will Shields on this team and we win 0-2 more games.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-05-2013 11:57 PM

New Plan: a new Geno thread EVERY DAY until mass-seppeku is achieved.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469575)

Misinformed?

What did Pennington every win?

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2013 12:03 AM

Quote:

That's actually untrue.

Will Shields was drafted in 1993, the same year that the Chiefs traded for Joe Montana.

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9469573)
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM

Logic BOMB

False.

Poop bomb.

saphojunkie 03-06-2013 12:04 AM

Everyone clamoring for a guard is just being silly. Absolutely silly.

If you want a badass guard so badly, then go out and sign Andy Levitre, who is one of the best in the business and an unrestricted free agent.

God dang it, people. There's a reason David DeCastro, the "best guard prospect in a decade" fell to 24. In fact, the highest drafted interior linemen the past few years have both been taken by the Steelers, who were completely solid at virtually every other starting position but offensive line. (Pouncey was the other one, for those keeping score at home).

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469577)
Dane...

You are embarrassing yourself.

And when the Chiefs finally pass on Geno, there is plenty of ammo in which to embarrass you further.

As if using a 2nd on Stanzi isn't enough.

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469596)
Pennington won two playoff games WITH HERM EDWARDS AS HIS HEAD COACH.

If he didnt have all the shoulder trouble, who knows where his career goes.

That guy was a gamer.

The guy had a weak arm to begin with, which is why he lasted until #18 overall.

He didn't even play his first two seasons in the league.

BossChief 03-06-2013 12:09 AM

Shit, or get off the pot.

I'm not the one embarrassing himself here.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-06-2013 12:09 AM

The Chiefs are taking a QB at one.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469615)
I don't see what's so hard to understand with this.

You put Pennington on this team and we win 6-8 more games...you put Will Shields on this team and we win 0-2 more games.

Pennington was incapable of winning jackshit.

He played for two different franchises and while he was a "good guy", he was nothing more than a tease.

I sincerely hope that Andy Reid and John Dorsey avoid "teasing" Chiefs fans for the next 7 years.

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9469638)
Posted via Mobile Device

No, the are not

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-06-2013 12:10 AM

It is what it is.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2013 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469637)
Shit, or get off the pot.

I'm not the one embarrassing himself here.

Fuuuck youuuu.

You're the person that said just last month that you'd spend a 2nd round pick on Stanzi.

You're freaking delusional. Or you're incapable of rational thought.

Either way, you're embarrassing yourself. Please stop.

BossChief 03-06-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9469635)
The guy had a weak arm to begin with, which is why he lasted until #18 overall.

He didn't even play his first two seasons in the league.

The guy won 2 playoff games with one of the worst head coaches in the NFL.

Why are you scared to answer the question?

Barkley -or- Warmack

?

KCWolfman 03-06-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9469638)
Posted via Mobile Device

I still need one more person to bet me 50.00 that they don't. I am willing to take your money as well.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-06-2013 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9469639)
Pennington was incapable of winning jackshit.

He played for two different franchises and while he was a "good guy", he was nothing more than a tease.

I sincerely hope that Andy Reid and John Dorsey avoid "teasing" Chiefs fans for the next 7 years.

Yeah, there's certainly nothing "teasing" about making moves that ensure optimum Wild Card oppotunities for years to come!
Posted via Mobile Device

BossChief 03-06-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9469645)
Fuuuck youuuu.

You're the person that said just last month that you'd spend a 2nd round pick on Stanzi.

You're freaking delusional. Or you're incapable of rational thought.

Either way, you're embarrassing yourself. Please stop.

Say that a few more times. Don't care. Not taking the bait.

There is a reason you won't answer and you know what it is...

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-06-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9469649)
I still need one more person to bet me 50.00 that they don't. I am willing to take your money as well.

If I had fifty to piss away, I'd absolutely do it.
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2013 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469652)
Say that a few more times. Don't care. Not taking the bait.

There is a reason you won't answer and you know what it is...

What the **** are you talking about now?

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9469620)
New Plan: a new Geno thread EVERY DAY until mass-seppeku is achieved.
Posted via Mobile Device

And I think that Bukakke in Little Toyko is more than apropos for the Genobaters.

BossChief 03-06-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9469660)
What the **** are you talking about now?

You've seen enough of Barkley. Would you rather have him or Chance Warmack?

I can't believe that you caught the "wait till there is a perfect prospect" disease.

DaneMcCloud 03-06-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9469671)
You've seen enough of Barkley. Would you rather have him or Chance Warmack?

I can't believe that you caught the "wait till there is a perfect prospect" disease.

Warmack? When? What the **** are you talking about?

I've seen Barkley and while his 2011 season was stellar, his 2012 was not. The guy is coming off of a major shoulder injury and won't throw in front of scouts for more than three weeks.

Why in the **** would you hedge your best on that guy? He had questionable arm strength before the injury.

B14ckmon 03-06-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCWolfman (Post 9469649)

I'd be willing to bet $50 that the Chiefs do not take a QB.

Even more if it's someone in Eastern Iowa.

KCWolfman 03-06-2013 12:46 AM

Tennesse - Vince Young
Arizona - Matt Leinart
Denver - Jay Cutler
1 Post Season win among them

Jamarcus Russell
Brady Quinn
No Post Season wins

Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco
10 Post Season wins/2 Post Season winners

Matt Stafford
Mark Sanchez
Josh Freeman
4 Post Season wins/1 Post Season winner

Sam Bradford
Tim Tebow
No Post Season Wins

Cam Newton
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder
No Post Season wins

Andrew Luck
Robert Griffin
Ryan Tannehill
Brandon Weeden
No Post Season wins

4 of 21 Quarterbacks chosen in the first round over the last 6 seasons have post season wins.

Quarterbacks with the most post season wins:
Tom Brady - 6th round
Joe Montana - 3rd round
Terry Bradshaw - 1st round
John Elway - 1st round
Brett Favre - 2nd round
Troy Aikman - 1st round
Roger Staubach - 10th round
Ben Roethlisberger - 1st round
Bart Starr - 17th round
Kurt Warner - not drafted
Joe Flacco - 1st round

5 of 11 Qbs with the most playoff wins were chosen in the first round.

If we go to Superbowl victories, the odds are even worse for the first round QBs.

While I understand the position is flashy, it is not the only position on the field. Hopefully Andy Reid and the Chiefs see the same thing.

KCWolfman 03-06-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9469684)
I'd be willing to bet $50 that the Chiefs do not take a QB.

Even more if it's someone in Eastern Iowa.

No, sorry. I am on that side of the bet. I am looking for Genoholics who are willing to part with their money.