ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   ChiefsPlanet Is the Arrowhead "experience" worth going to? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285241)

Rams Fan 07-24-2014 07:28 PM

Is the Arrowhead "experience" worth going to?

I'm contemplating driving to KC in October to go to the Rams-Chiefs. I've already been to the sports complex to see a Royals game. However, is the tailgating as good as people make it out to be? Additionally, what's the in game experience like?

Bufkin 07-24-2014 07:29 PM

Yes. I tell that to all of my friends who have never been. If you've been to the Edward Jones Dome, then you know how it has the vibe of a Sunday night Methodist sermon. Comparitively speaking, Chiefs games are the Southern Baptist Wednesday evening sermon in East St. Louis.

ChiefsCountry 07-24-2014 07:31 PM

Yeah its worth it. Tailgating scene is amazing, it gets loud and its a sea of red.

penguinz 07-24-2014 07:32 PM

Not really. Better experience at home in front of large HD TV and bottle of Barterhouse Bourbon.

Bufkin 07-24-2014 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz (Post 10765507)
Not really. Better experience at home in front of large HD TV and bottle of Barterhouse Bourbon.

You're hanging out with the wrong people then ese.

Bowser 07-24-2014 07:33 PM

Absolutely, especially if you've never done it before.

The tailgating is absolutely as good as it is made out to be. You've never seen so many food spreads - from ****ing lobster all the way down to simple hot dogs. You've never seen so many ways to get drunk before 10 am in your life, either. Basically, years of shitty football have made Chiefs fans tailgating connoisseurs - it literally was the best part of going to the game.

The in-game experience is fun. The crowd is generally into it, wild but not too rowdy (there are always exceptions there), and if the game is good the crowd will stay with it through most of the duration.

Definitely do it once. But just know you'll be back for more.

Katipan 07-24-2014 07:39 PM

Hearing "Home of the chiefs" is good enough reason. "We're going to beat the hell out of you" is just icing.

Rams Fan 07-24-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10765517)
Hearing "Home of the chiefs" is good enough reason. "We're going to beat the hell out of you" is just icing.

If I wanted to hear that, couldn't I just to go a Chiefs game in St. Louis?

LoneWolf 07-24-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 10765517)

Don't you have tickets in Section 108?

Bowser 07-24-2014 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 10765522)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/avYnhH95u_0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TribalElder 07-24-2014 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 10765497)
I'm contemplating driving to KC in October to go to the Rams-Chiefs. I've already been to the sports complex to see a Royals game. However, is the tailgating as good as people make it out to be? Additionally, what's the in game experience like?

As a rams fan you might not like it much. The Chiefs are likely to push the Rams shit in and then finish in the Governors cup. Sam might enjoy but you might have a bad time.

On the other hand you might get to feel like the Ravens fans who came down for the wildcard game and drank the tears of Arrowhead sadness.

Either way it will likely be much more kick ass than the edwards jones dome or whatever they call that shithole in St Louis now

Katipan 07-24-2014 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 10765522)

YOU may but I was taught from a young age that the Rams are gross and to be avoided at all costs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 10765523)
Don't you have tickets in Section 108?

They were company seats. Give me a few months, I'm sure I'll find new company seats here. :D

penguinz 07-24-2014 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric Fisher (Post 10765508)
You're hanging out with the wrong people then ese.

Nah... watching in HD with the ability to rewatch any play I want, for free, trumps spending a bunch of $ for a worse viewing experience.

cmh6476 07-24-2014 07:48 PM

if you want to watch your team get their shit pushed in, then yeah it's worth it

HonestChieffan 07-24-2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10765540)
As a rams fan you might not like it much. The Chiefs are likely to push the Rams shit in and then finish in the Governors cup. Sam might enjoy but you might have a bad time.

On the other hand you might get to feel like the Ravens fans who came down for the wildcard game and drank the tears of Arrowhead sadness.

Either way it will likely be much more kick ass than the edwards jones dome or whatever they call that shithole in St Louis now

This