ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Dorian O'Daniel Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=315140)

Simply Red 04-29-2018 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuTiger (Post 13536782)
Clemson Tiger here, gained a new fan today!

You guys are going to love DOD! He is seriously one of the most sure tacklers i can remember, never worried one bit if he was one on one in space against any player WR/TE/RB. Db speed with lb mentality and over all heady player. He became a leader on our vaulted defense, college granted. However, many of his biggest games were against top competition, and made plays on a ton of now NfL guys. Never in trouble or any major injuries during his CU career. Special teams demon earlier at CU. He is as well coached coming out of college as possible under Brent Venables and held many other higher ranked LBs off the field during his last two years. DoD also covered slot recievers during his time here with little issues, hes the new prototype LB NFL teams need in pass happy league.

Dabo is qouted as saying "he is one of the best players to come through our program since he(Dabo) has been here".

Im super excited to watch yall this year with Sammy and DOD!! Hope yall have a great year!

Thank you and certainly stick around, you seem nice. I'm in Atlanta and one of my co-workers played LB for Clemson in 2005-2008ish for about 3 seasons under Bowden.

KChiefs1 04-29-2018 06:36 PM

*****The Dorian O'Daniel Thread*****

I think we will be comparing him against Shaq Griffin for awhile. Should be interesting.

Shoes 04-30-2018 10:58 AM

Wanted to re-post this, want to know what other CP'ers think of the comparison:

My guess is that Dorian O'Daniel will have the most significant impact- Chiefs love to be in nickel and dime packages and Dorian's body type and skill set make him a natural fit for the hybrid linebacker position. I've seen a few individuals want to compare Dorian O'Daniel to Kam Chancellor but I haven't seen many comparisons to Deion Jones of the Atlanta Falcons, just take a look at Deion Jones draft video and also combine numbers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv2H-h52L60

"Hybrid linebacker-safety"
"Undersized Will"
"Sub package dime"
"Special team standout"

Sound familiar?

Now combine/pro-day numbers:

Jones:
6'1 222 LBS
40-yard dash: 4.38 seconds (ran a 4.59 at the combine though)
20-yard short shuttle: 4.26 seconds
3-cone: 7.13 seconds
Vertical: 35 1/2 inches
Bench press: 18 reps of 225 pounds

O'Daniel:
6'1 223 LBS
40-yard dash: 4.61 seconds
20-yard short shuttle: 4.07 seconds
3-cone: 6.64 seconds
Vertical: 32.0 inches
Bench press: 21 reps of 225 pounds

Obviously Deion Jones seems to have an extra gear for the 40 yard dash but all the acceleration metrics O'Daniel had better numbers, very similar size. You watch their tape and I think O'Daniel was definitely used more in coverage (O'Daniel lined up a ton at the slot position) than Jones was but I think the comparison is an interesting one.

O.city 04-30-2018 11:03 AM

Yeah, 4.3 to 4.6 though, I'm guessing the other was quick timed.

O'Daniel is pretty athletic.

kgrund 04-30-2018 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoes (Post 13539905)
Wanted to re-post this, want to know what other CP'ers think of the comparison:

My guess is that Dorian O'Daniel will have the most significant impact- Chiefs love to be in nickel and dime packages and Dorian's body type and skill set make him a natural fit for the hybrid linebacker position. I've seen a few individuals want to compare Dorian O'Daniel to Kam Chancellor but I haven't seen many comparisons to Deion Jones of the Atlanta Falcons, just take a look at Deion Jones draft video and also combine numbers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv2H-h52L60

"Hybrid linebacker-safety"
"Undersized Will"
"Sub package dime"
"Special team standout"

Sound familiar?

Now combine/pro-day numbers:

Jones:
6'1 222 LBS
40-yard dash: 4.38 seconds (ran a 4.59 at the combine though)
20-yard short shuttle: 4.26 seconds
3-cone: 7.13 seconds
Vertical: 35 1/2 inches
Bench press: 18 reps of 225 pounds

O'Daniel:
6'1 223 LBS
40-yard dash: 4.61 seconds
20-yard short shuttle: 4.07 seconds
3-cone: 6.64 seconds
Vertical: 32.0 inches
Bench press: 21 reps of 225 pounds

Obviously Deion Jones seems to have an extra gear for the 40 yard dash but all the acceleration metrics O'Daniel had better numbers, very similar size. You watch their tape and I think O'Daniel was definitely used more in coverage (O'Daniel lined up a ton at the slot position) than Jones was but I think the comparison is an interesting one.

This is definitely an undervalued move in the draft by national pundits. In our sub packages, Dirty Dan was arguably the biggest liability on the field. Not only a liability on the field, but a financial liability of $5 million a year. This guy feels a huge need and could recoup $4.5 million of cap savings if we let Dirty Dan go post June 1st. The cap money could than be utilized to pick up additional help along the OL or at CB. This pick allows the team a ton of flexibility IMO.

Mother****erJones 04-30-2018 01:56 PM

Listened to Stick to football podcast, the douchebag Mello said he doesn’t fit KCs defense and wasn’t a good pick. JFC just listen to Brett Veach. He explained how he fits. Just a lazy thing to say if you don’t like it

staylor26 04-30-2018 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 13540167)
Listened to Stick to football podcast, the douchebag Mello said he doesn’t fit KCs defense and wasn’t a good pick. JFC just listen to Brett Veach. He explained how he fits. Just a lazy thing to say if you don’t like it

Yea it makes you look like a complete ****ing idiot when you clearly have no clue but you’re pretending you do.

Mother****erJones 04-30-2018 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 13540190)
Yea it makes you look like a complete ****ing idiot when you clearly have no clue but you’re pretending you do.

He also doesn’t like Mahomes, so he’s clearly a ****ing moron

O.city 04-30-2018 02:22 PM

Who's Mello?

staylor26 04-30-2018 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13540222)
Who's Mello?

Carmelo Anthony?

:D

Mother****erJones 04-30-2018 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 13540222)
Who's Mello?

Matt Miller’s brother who does some podcasts with him. Nobody really

Easy 6 04-30-2018 05:34 PM

We'll see how he progresses in camp, but this guy is my favorite pick so far

His tweener versatility is whats going to get him on the field early and often

bigjosh 04-30-2018 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CuTiger (Post 13536782)
Clemson Tiger here, gained a new fan today!

You guys are going to love DOD! He is seriously one of the most sure tacklers i can remember, never worried one bit if he was one on one in space against any player WR/TE/RB. Db speed with lb mentality and over all heady player. He became a leader on our vaulted defense, college granted. However, many of his biggest games were against top competition, and made plays on a ton of now NfL guys. Never in trouble or any major injuries during his CU career. Special teams demon earlier at CU. He is as well coached coming out of college as possible under Brent Venables and held many other higher ranked LBs off the field during his last two years. DoD also covered slot recievers during his time here with little issues, hes the new prototype LB NFL teams need in pass happy league.

Dabo is qouted as saying "he is one of the best players to come through our program since he(Dabo) has been here".

Im super excited to watch yall this year with Sammy and DOD!! Hope yall have a great year!

I just cringed when i saw tiger in someones name, advocating for a newly acquired player.

There is bad history with that here.

But welcome.

Most people seem to not be very enthused with this draft but i love it. They added talent at a bunch of lacking defensive positions and got a possible starting guard at some point in the 6th round.

RunKC 05-23-2018 02:19 PM

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/platf...-where-why-how

Good article on how the Chiefs could use the middle of the field depending on offensive alignment.

Having guys like Hitchens, Berry and DOD to stop the run or play in coverage will help a lot and will disguise the defense while providing more versatility.

CoMoChief 05-23-2018 07:29 PM

Hire Gunther back

Sack the QB

Superbowl